Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1941 (isolation #200) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm still in fact literally verifiably at a survivor meet and you can lim me if you want or wait for me to get back if you want.

Don't really care.
Just reading the last few posts I think the claim that I don't post ever because of alignment is silly. Look at my last scum games. I am usually the top poster as either alignment. Anyone pushing that is not really thinking about the game.

Dunn knows this. They just finished team mafia as scum with me. Where I was the top poster in the game. Inactivity just means I'm busy.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1942 (isolation #201) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1939, Dunnstral wrote: I am not at all convinced that it is TSQ but they are one of the 3 people I have inside my poe. TSQ, Enchant, and hellbooks is where I've landed. My vote happened to already be on TSQ and I didn't feel a need to change it, but I imagine wagoning Enchant would be about the same amount of effort. Hellbooks would be difficult, but I'd do it if I thought they were more likely than the others in my poe, which is not the case right now.

Garlic bread, what is making you remove Hellbooks from your poe?
lazy in a way I don't associate with town dunn tbh.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1944 (isolation #202) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Your POE is lazy. I am easily findable as town.

You are relying on your vote as an excuse for voting me without doing any work to justify it by just handwaving that I am in your poe.

Explain why I interact with baltar if I'm scum. Why I spend the whole day fighting as hard as I do against the sheep lim. You again just finished TM as my scumbuddy. You saw how I white knight as scum with dragoneater. If you think my play around the sheep wagon is at all like that you're not actually reading the thread.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1945 (isolation #203) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also here's some pictures of survivor meet

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1946 (isolation #204) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

bonus shearaoke

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1948 (isolation #205) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

To expand my play around the dragoneater wagon in team mafia was very clearly designed to weakly and ineffectually push against the wagon while hoping it went through. Here I engaged with GB multiple times to try to fight for thread control with the explicit purpose of fighting that wagon. The defenses are literally night and day.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1950 (isolation #206) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1947, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1944, Thestatusquo wrote: I am easily findable as town.
Show me, because I'm not seeing it. You can interact with baltar as mafia just because, I don't think there is anything to explain. I read day 2, I didn't read the stuff about sheep or your interactions there. I was looking at interactions with the flipped mafia - I said that.
And you don't think its lazy to keep me in your PoE without seeing how I interacted around the wagon on the green flip in this game?

It's fucking lazy. Do your homework. Your PoE sucks ass and is lazy.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1951 (isolation #207) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1949, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1942, Thestatusquo wrote: lazy in a way I don't associate with town dunn tbh.
I am plenty lazy as town.
Seems pretty self conscious to jump back to this rather than finish the conversation, And I AM showing you. I just listed two ways I think are pretty easy ways to find me as town in this game and your response is "you could interact with baltar as scum" without explaining why thats true and say "I haven't read the [most important piece of information about your alignment]" and you think its then reasonable to ask me for more?

No, do your homework dude.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1953 (isolation #208) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

kinda hard for me to say because I think your slot is scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1954 (isolation #209) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

but I hope you enjoyed my rendition of wagon wheel anyway.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1956 (isolation #210) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1955, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1951, Thestatusquo wrote: without explaining why thats true
I don't need to explain anything here

I think you are plenty capable of interacting with Baltar if you are both mafia. I'm not sure why you are acting like you can't. You are asking 'why' and I don't think there needs to be an explanation, really. Why wouldn't you?
I am very confused here. My claim is not that I would not have interacted with baltar. My claim is that my interactions with baltar are not how I interact with partners generally. Again, you just finished playing a game as my partner. Are my interactions with baltar remotely similar to how I interacted with you? They really very aren't.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1957 (isolation #211) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

What the fuck happened today while I was away.

Glancing back to the votecounts Garlic Bread voted tris slot and then is trying to move over to me?

That doesn't remotely make sense with what I thought their worldview was when I left for the meet.

Can someone catch me up on what the hell happened to get GB to tris slot from where we were?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1960 (isolation #212) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also VOTE: Dunn

Again, dunn having me in the PoE makes no sense.

They just finished playing with me as scum. They just say how I interacted with them as a partner. And my other partners. They should be able to read my interactions with baltar as drastically different from my interactions with my partners in Amnesiac. They should be able to compare the way I fought the sheep wagon with how I fought the dragoneater wagon in amnesiac and be able to see that they don't look remotely similar.

They don't seem like they are even trying to do that because keeping me in their PoE is extremely convenient.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1961 (isolation #213) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1959, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1956, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1955, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1951, Thestatusquo wrote: without explaining why thats true
I don't need to explain anything here

I think you are plenty capable of interacting with Baltar if you are both mafia. I'm not sure why you are acting like you can't. You are asking 'why' and I don't think there needs to be an explanation, really. Why wouldn't you?
I am very confused here. My claim is not that I would not have interacted with baltar. My claim is that my interactions with baltar are not how I interact with partners generally. Again, you just finished playing a game as my partner. Are my interactions with baltar remotely similar to how I interacted with you? They really very aren't.
From what I saw on day 2, you could be mafia with Baltar. If it is stuff from day 1, I have admittedly not read it. I read your posts as you saying you wouldn't be interacting with Baltar if you were both mafia and I disagreed with that
Please explain the similarities between how I interact with baltar in this game with how I interacted with you in team mafia.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1962 (isolation #214) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1958, Dunnstral wrote: Like I said, I'm not convinced it is you, but you saying "I'm not mafia because x" is not convincing me because I think you could be mafia and do x. The way you talked about interacting with sheep differently felt like the most convincing of your arguments, so I can take a look at that. Kind of feels like you've just been omgusing my slot today though - if I recall correctly you said it was alisae after they voted you with little explanation, and now I'm just "lazy" and self-conscious, and you don't seem to have any other reads yourself, so...
Seriously, fucking read day one before you make claims about where my suspicion of people started.

I was extremely clear about how I thought your slots positioning during the sheep wagon was awful.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1963 (isolation #215) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Saying I have no reads this game is fucking laughable. Perhaps you should try reading this game?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1966 (isolation #216) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

hmmm. that somewhat feels like a real thought to me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1967 (isolation #217) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont think the example is really anything because like I respond to town and scum like that as either alignment. I'm just get pretty frustrated when I feel like people are not really reading what I'm saying and I do in fact try to replicate that as scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1968 (isolation #218) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think i was much more conscious of having reasons for why i was town reading you than i was about the baltar slot in this game. I think baltar was a slot that i never really had a solid read on in this game before he got guiltied.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1971 (isolation #219) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My progression on you was always based on experience in business company because i was trying to fake a progression based on you playing more to your town meta that i experienced before.

I also think you're underselling my town read of you in that game. I did not weakly town read you I built a meta reason to hard town read you. My interactions with baltar this game are much more ad hoc and reflect a slot i was in fact unsure of.

But that's not really that interesting to me because i think i believe that you believe what you just typed.

It's pretty frustrating to me that your slot in particular got replaced because all of the things I want to question you on are things Ali did day one in regards to positioning on the sheep wagon and how she played the up the gb pressure on that slot and those are questions you can't really answer.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1973 (isolation #220) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

it is 4 am here now, if you're town you'll read day 1 and find me.

If I go today the last scum is almost certainly in dunn xof hb with an extremely small chance of GB because their positioning today from what I can glean from the last few pages seems kind of alarming to me.

I am helping clean the airbnb tomorrow and then driving back to chicago so its unclear to me how much time I'll have to check in in depth again so these are my dying thoughts if I'm the lim.

good luck y'all.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1974 (isolation #221) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1972, Dunnstral wrote: UNVOTE:

I don't think your posts are impossible to fake but they are worth consideration so I will unvote and give consideration to voting between Enchant/Hellbooks.

If you have issues with something Alisae did day 1 you should still point it out so we can see your thought process there.
If you are town I implore you to read the interplay between me alisae and garlic bread wrt the sheep wagon from day 1. I think it will answer a lot of your questions and will give you a good idea of what questions I would have for you.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1975 (isolation #222) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1933, Garlic Bread wrote: also there's like that "avoiding the thread completely" tell that people tend to have when mafia, that when they are busy , if town they'll feel obligated to look and then actually post, but as mafia they'll look, not have good enough context because they need to fake stuff and prefer to lean into being busy(while being caught up) - its the type of thing that is consistent enough that I can say that I would moreso use it to clear people as town if they do come despite busyness based on context
If I was going to take any excuse to avoid the thread I sure as hell would have taken "koba is making this one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a game of mafia right now" as one and no one would have blamed me. Instead I battled with you for like 5 days trying to stop a lim on town.

I think its like at a minimum extremely logically inconsistent to make the above claim and not consider this fact.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1976 (isolation #223) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1975, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1933, Garlic Bread wrote: also there's like that "avoiding the thread completely" tell that people tend to have when mafia, that when they are busy , if town they'll feel obligated to look and then actually post, but as mafia they'll look, not have good enough context because they need to fake stuff and prefer to lean into being busy(while being caught up) - its the type of thing that is consistent enough that I can say that I would moreso use it to clear people as town if they do come despite busyness based on context
If I was going to take any excuse to avoid the thread I sure as hell would have taken "koba is making this one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a game of mafia right now" as one and no one would have blamed me. Instead I battled with you for like 5 days trying to stop a lim on town.

I think its like at a minimum extremely logically inconsistent to make the above claim and not consider this fact.
Also like, idk it seems very easy to confirm that, say, my other interaction with other aspects of the site, like the discord for instance, where I am usually extremely active also dropped to approximately zero over the course of the last 5 days.

I guess I'm avoiding the discord because I'm scum there too.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1978 (isolation #224) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yeah I was mostly referring to me tbh. I think your approach to me in particular was lazy. It is in fact 4 am and I am extremely drunk.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1979 (isolation #225) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

though just because we have a similar poe does not mean that I know why yours exists and I am not sure how you arrived at your poe without reading day 1 because I think the sheep wagon is pretty essential for understanding this gamme.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2055 (isolation #226) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Welp.

The good news is today is very simple. I have a guilty. The bad news is that its elo so its time for a 1v1.

I'm a rolecop.

I softed it here:
In post 1731, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1728, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1725, Thestatusquo wrote: Unless mafia has like a
multitasking roleblocker
I guess.

But thats a paranoia for a later day that hopefully I won't be around for.
multitasking roleblocker is a towny role plz
there's more irony here but I'll save it for later.
In post 1734, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1732, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1731, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1728, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1725, Thestatusquo wrote: Unless mafia has like a
multitasking roleblocker
I guess.

But thats a paranoia for a later day that hopefully I won't be around for.
multitasking roleblocker is a towny role plz
there's more irony here but I'll save it for later.
It was a joke as you know I was that exact role in TM
I know. I am saying there is a deeper layer to the joke that I don't want to share right now.
The context is in team mafia in Ausuka's game Mastina was a scum role cop and they guiltied Koba (garlic bread) as their scum buddy because they were a multitasking roleblocker.

This is the deeper level of the joke I'm referring to here. Koba was joking about multitasking RB being a townie role to me, who was a role cop, the role who had just caught them in the game they were making the joke about.

You can see them picking up on this and talking about it here.
In post 1931, Garlic Bread wrote: full disclosure I thought shea had softed roleblocker/rolecop and the reason they were entertaining me as pretty much locktown was because they were claiming they checked me via this way.

but looking at the roles town has assuming tris town world, Town JK, 1S BP, and goon, and allegedly either another goon or some light counterplay(im gonna go with goon based on baltar's reaction to thinking there was doc jailkeeper and bp in the setup, i think that he was genuine in the fact he thought the setup didnt fit from a scum POV)

alisae slot/hellbooks never scum for sure based on interactions with flipped scum here
tris follows
i think xof slot is like ? kinda clearish and enchant feels like town so its like yeah.
My other checks are garlic bread and hellbooks both vanilla.

So anyway, enchant want to explain why your role is "1-shot strongman"?

VOTE: enchant
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2063 (isolation #227) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2058, hellbooks wrote: shea i have several questions

- what was your thought process about me when you saw the vanilla result
- why do you think xof didnt use the strongman on n1
- what do you think about bp+jk+rc<->sm as a setup
My thought process is that the vanilla result is kind of useless for you. I never really believed your doctor shenanigans (nor did I think you were doing that with the intent of being believed.) It didn't change how I was approaching your slot at all.

No idea. I'm not great with mech stuff like this. I can think of a some reasons why it would make sense to save it if you want but ultimately I'm not really sure what the right play for scum would be.

I think that as an investigative role cop is very weak and it makes sense to me as a natural counter to the JK while also being the only role that gets guiltied by me. So like weak invest + protective with anti town utility makes some amount of sense to me. I've never designed a micro before so I don't really claim to be an expert but I think gun to my head I'd say its town sided, but I'm not really sure. I think the JK kind of makes sense too as a possible false positive to the role cop.

But like I said micro balance is not really a thing I have any experience or confidence in.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2064 (isolation #228) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sorry the beginning of that last paragraph is all sorts of confusing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2065 (isolation #229) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Should say like:

It makes sense to have a role that is the natural counter to the JK which also is the only guilty for the role cop while having the JK as a potential false positive potential guilty as well.

Is probably a more understandable way of saying what I was trying to convey.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2067 (isolation #230) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2066, Enchant wrote:
In post 2061, Merlyn wrote: Enchant, why aren't you voting Shea?
Hammer is mine
I appreciate that you're like this all the time.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2068 (isolation #231) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Fwiw and i know this is wifom as soon as I say it but I don't think i would try to engineer a 1v1 here if i were scum.

I think i would probably try to maneuver the day into hellbooks v enchant and try to work with merlyns town read of me yesterday to be in more of an arbiter role. I think there's a good chance that would work.

Forcing a 1v1 here takes away a lot of my agency as scum and i usually try to avoid doing that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2069 (isolation #232) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Plus my investigations are much more consistent with someone trying to check his reads than they are with someone who is simply pr hunting. I checked slots i was suspicious of or unsure of.

I think if i were scum i would have definitely checked Tris to see if the bp claim was real.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2071 (isolation #233) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Garlic bread then hellbooks then enchant.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2076 (isolation #234) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I had you in my Poe yesterday. I didn't post much except in one drunken burst towards the end of the day but i think i remember thinking you were like second most likely to be scum.

For me I just really thought alisaes approach to the sheep wagon and especially how they interacted with it felt like they were trying to have garlic bread take the fall so you sort of fell below them in my suspects. I have a lot more confidence in my ability to read alisae than i am you though so i thought that if i could guilty you that would save me a lot of trouble which is why I invested you instead of them.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2080 (isolation #235) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would also like 7 million dollars.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2082 (isolation #236) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

just figured while you were offering...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2085 (isolation #237) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

option 2.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2086 (isolation #238) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

honestly kinda hoping for a goat.

that would make me really popular with the ladies.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2088 (isolation #239) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Shea is single and ready to mingle.

Just me and my goat, on the prowl.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2089 (isolation #240) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

huh.

the fun part is its correct to switch regardless of which one I want.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2090 (isolation #241) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You know what I got a good feeling about this.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2091 (isolation #242) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm gunna keep.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2094 (isolation #243) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2092, hellbooks wrote: YOU GOT THE GOAT LETS GOOOO :women_with_bunny_ears_partying: :women_with_bunny_ears_partying: :women_with_bunny_ears_partying:

and for your principled pro-goat stance i will give you the 7 million dollars too as a show of goodwill!!!!!
:goat: :money_mouth:
FUCK YES I GOT A GOAT
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2098 (isolation #244) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

That is the mechanical argument you have to make, yes, but I think you've overstating it a lot.

Like yes its true if both the JK and the role cop continue to exist for the whole game scum will lose, but that is not what is likely to happen, and in fact is not what happened this game.

Strongman makes sense from that perspective specifically to break the loop you're talking about, and its a micro so there will never just be a pile of live results lying around when I flip.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2099 (isolation #245) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

your argument is "one of these two will die and then scum will be locked out because at the same time one of these two roles will never die."

which just isn't how mafia works and is really only true in a world where early mass claims are common (they're not) and even in those worlds mafia has counterplay to ensure the kill of the JK.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2100 (isolation #246) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Show me a setup where only one scum remains and none of the power roles in the game ever die that ISN'T unwinnable for scum?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2102 (isolation #247) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

What
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2103 (isolation #248) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not really even sure what argument you are making there. Please expand more on what specifically about my claim and targets isn't real.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2105 (isolation #249) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ok but my point is the same. You are taking a situation that is unlikely to happen and would always be a losing position for scum and saying "because this position could happen in this game it is unfair to scum" and while I appreciate you thinking the setup is bad for you that is not a real argument.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2108 (isolation #250) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm arguing with you because your arguments don't make sense and the more I force you to explain them the more the rest of the town will see that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2110 (isolation #251) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Calling a JK an investigative is a huge stretch. Sometimes it can function as that, but its pretty weak at doing that and can stop me from investigating as well and the BP exists which means you can't always assume that the JK stopped the kill even if you flip all the roles.

Role cop is an incredibly weak investigative role.

Again I know these are the arguments you have to make but they're not very strong.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2111 (isolation #252) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

not to mention that JK is FREQUENTLY a scum role which means its not like they just claim and town is like oh ok thats conf town.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2121 (isolation #253) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't typically crumb at all as either alignment. Doubt you could find a single instance of me doing it if you tried.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2123 (isolation #254) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm town. I think if you look at my play this game I'm pretty clearly town.

But I am biased.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2124 (isolation #255) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Enchant on the other hand is enchant. No real stances, doesn't feel like he really cares who is limmed so long as he gets to hammer. Only really gets interested in the game here where he has to try to spin a bunch of mechanical stuff to try to combat my guilty.

I think the decision is completely obvious even if you take my claim out of it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2137 (isolation #256) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2128, Merlyn wrote: lmao wait SHEA forced you to hammer?
I am very powerful.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2140 (isolation #257) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm gonna be real with you that serious post by hellbooks makes me almost want to vote her despite my guilty.

I don't think i can handle seriousbooks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2143 (isolation #258) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Would be a fitting end to this game for me to mislim books to throw you the win tbh.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2147 (isolation #259) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2138, Enchant wrote: And how he would NEVER do this as mafia.
I'm pretty sure I didnt say I would never do this as mafia, I said that I don't tend to make plays as mafia that decrease my agency when other options are available and there is a CLEAR other option available to me here in shea!scum world.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2149 (isolation #260) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I could probably just convince my goat to vote enchant and then you could like vote yourself or something.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2152 (isolation #261) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

@ausuka can my goat be granted a vote please
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2153 (isolation #262) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

She thinks enchant is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahd.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2157 (isolation #263) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2114, Merlyn wrote: I see the 1v1 has begun, but what I really want to know is if I can trade my 7 million from hellbooks for 7 million goats
not sure how I missed this but trying to get goats at a rate of 1 goat per dollar is OUTRAGEOUS.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2160 (isolation #264) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

you cant all be scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2164 (isolation #265) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I just like you too much had to give you the dub even though your result wasn't vanilla it was actually "really bad guy evil person will kill u" which isn't a role I've ever heard of before.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2166 (isolation #266) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

hm, I think given my interactions with you I would find that incredibly surprising. And kinda sad.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2168 (isolation #267) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

ok
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2178 (isolation #268) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

GG everyone.

Stay classy Koba.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2183 (isolation #269) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Merlyn and hellbooks i took no pleasure in your arrests and frankly if i realized suka had made me a cop in flavor i probably would have conceded.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2194 (isolation #270) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's cool that actually getting lims is the most important part of town play. If only you could have done that on anyone besides the townies i wanted you to Lim.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2197 (isolation #271) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2196, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2194, Thestatusquo wrote: It's cool that actually getting lims is the most important part of town play. If only you could have done that on anyone besides the townies i wanted you to Lim.
I can lead a horse to the solve, I cannot force them to vote it. I am not solely responsible for making sure everyone votes correctly.
K
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2198 (isolation #272) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Merlyn i really enjoyed playing with you for the short time you were in the game. I hope we get to play together again.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2199 (isolation #273) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Vpb i also enjoyed being your buddy for the little time we had. Sad that we didn't get to do all the funny theatre we wanted.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2200 (isolation #274) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Xoffy one day you will roll scum but it is not this day. Love you as always.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2201 (isolation #275) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Hellbooks you being a delightful vibe to everything you do and you were a shining light in this game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2202 (isolation #276) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

*bring

*Also i will forever cherish my goat.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2203 (isolation #277) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ali i love how your mind works. I always enjoy seeing you piecing things together. It's always illuminating and brilliant even when it's wrong.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2204 (isolation #278) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Tris i didn't even know you played Mafia! You were exactly how i expected you to be! I feel lucky to have gotten to play with you.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2205 (isolation #279) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Skygazer i enjoyed your...uh. substance influenced contributions. Thank you for playing. :)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2206 (isolation #280) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sheep you're good people and i like your style. Very chill and relaxed.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2207 (isolation #281) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ausuka you are and always will be my favorite. Thank you for the invite to this lovely flavored and designed game.

I'm sorry i didn't always live up to my responsibilities as a player in terms of making it a good experience. I don't think that was all my fault but i did not react well at all either. You deserved better than that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2208 (isolation #282) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Koba i appreciate your passion. No one could ever say you don't care. You take this game seriously and it shows.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2211 (isolation #283) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2210, Skygazer wrote: i am, perhaps undeservedly, declaring myself town MVP
Sorry it's books. She gave me a goat.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2221 (isolation #284) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2217, Enchant wrote: where's my funny comment from shea
Enchant your willingness to replace into any game you're needed in is one of the most valuable and underrated things that anyone does in this entire community. You're a life saver. Thank you for everything you do.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2222 (isolation #285) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Hope you enjoyed your first ever fake guilty Lim
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2238 (isolation #286) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2233, Merlyn wrote: GG Shea and Baltar!!! Shea you were AMAZING, you deserved this win! It was such a blast playing with you, hope we get to do it again in a whole game. Plus 10 to the Hellbooks Appreciation Thread.

Town, I'm sorry and the next order of garlic bread is on me
<3

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”