humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:21 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 123, Peregrine wrote: basic, or wooden?? And I tend to assume the better of people's mafia play!! To my own detriment!!
He posted a lot better on his return. I'm not sure what to make of that. I would have given him the townread if he acted a bit more consistent, but I'm not even sure that's a realistic expectation to set for his slot. A big shrug is what I have with Quiet Owl.

I'm more interested in Espe now, but I've been in trapped in ego showdowns before because my N A T U R A L L E A D E R S H I P S K I L L S make people paranoid. I'm not sure I'll be very good at sorting Espe with his current angle, but I won't miss him if he's gone. Somehow an itch scratches behind my head: Could scum!Espe have targetted me because I'm the anti-low hanging fruit? Maybe scum!Espe would have framed scum attacking the low hanging fruit and cheekily do the opposite here.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:25 am

man did i get pocketed or does peregrine look very town?
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Peregrine »

I am very town, don't worry about me!!!

And I agree that Espeonage's approach so far reads more like the situation you suggested than it does town who is just really aggressively against anyone taking charge or so on!! I think that it is often the case where certain voices become louder or more trusted than others for one reason or another, and while those voices are not always town, I think the issue I have is that it feels too early for that paranoia to be present and hoping for an us-versus-them sentiment!!!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:29 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 119, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 109, bob3141 wrote:
In post 78, Hu Tao wrote: I like Espeonage so far for being town. I've had that thought before of scum doing the lining up thing.
What makes you think that Espeonage is town. Is it just one thought he had and if so what is that specific thought as he is the top poster
Bob I literally explained this in the post you quoted...this reads as pretending to look busy and pretending to scumhunt.

VOTE: bob
No you explained that you think Espeonage was town because he had a thought that you would have as town but this was after Espeonage had a great many thoughts. I want to know which thought exactly it was
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:38 am

In post 128, bob3141 wrote: I want to know which thought exactly it was
I'll help you with that bob. it was the lining up elims remark that Espe made in these two posts.
In post 66, Espeonage wrote: The lining up of lynches is also always something I am watchful of. In both cases, if owl is town, monkey is just being negligent if town, and if owl is scum it's a very aggressive theater strat. The common thread being that monkey lining up lynches is poo poo.
In post 101, Espeonage wrote:
In post 83, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 81, sheepsaysmeep wrote: oh wait yeah meh I found it, HEM calls espeonage a potential partner to owl
I feel really good about Owl being town.

There is AT LEAST one scum in Esp/Hu

Bella is the wildcard, feel like they are informed.
This is also setting up elims as well by the way. Don't fuck everything up if this is just stubborn tvt.
Hu Tao thinks it's townie because he had the same idea in a previous game as town.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:59 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

peregrine how much mafia experience do you have
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:59 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

also have you ever played with Arapocalypse
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:05 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 130, sheepsaysmeep wrote: peregrine how much mafia experience do you have
same question to quiet owl I think

VOTE: bob3141

science
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 120, humaneatingmonkey wrote: At this stage Hu Tao, would you say Bob is more suspicious than Drew? Also, why do you think Drew is suspect and you seem to not agree with Espe that I'm scummy for lining up elims? Is it more suspect because Drew's reads particularly involves you and your townread?
At this stage I don't think it matters who is scummier when it's based off so little. Not like the day is ending in a page. In terms of Drew, its because he started to line up elims by saying a scum had to be in me and espeon which is a ridiculous statement this early
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 124, Peregrine wrote:
In post 78, Hu Tao wrote: I like Espeonage so far for being town. I've had that thought before of scum doing the lining up thing.
What makes you think that Espeonage is town. Is it just one thought he had and if so what is that specific thought as he is the top poster
Bob I literally explained this in the post you quoted...this reads as pretending to look busy and pretending to scumhunt.

I am intervening to say that this doesn't really make sense because it appears that you did not read Bob's post in full -- it was asking for a specific thought, and you said you've had that thought, but didn't clarify which! And Bob was asking so that they could understand!
He asked for what thought and I gave the thought. Not sure what needs to be clarified
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:10 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I disagree about the setting up lims thing. idk, it's probably not scummy of you, but I think "at least one mafia in these people" or "these ppl could be partners" is like insanely ridiculously common in early pages. for a lot of people it's just how they express reads, + if anything it's towny to me just for having complex thoughts lol. like you said, it's like page 5 and everything is based off of so little, no one actually thinks theyre setting up multiple lims in practicality
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 128, bob3141 wrote:

No you explained that you think Espeonage was town because he had a thought that you would have as town but this was after Espeonage had a great many thoughts. I want to know which thought exactly it was
The thought that scum likes to line up elims. It's not something scum seems to think about especially early on. If that clarification helps
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 135, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I disagree about the setting up lims thing. idk, it's probably not scummy of you, but I think "at least one mafia in these people" or "these ppl could be partners" is like insanely ridiculously common in early pages. for a lot of people it's just how they express reads, + if anything it's towny to me just for having complex thoughts lol. like you said, it's like page 5 and everything is based off of so little, no one actually thinks theyre setting up multiple lims in practicality
Saying that 3 pages in seems very forced. When I had literally had no more than 15 words maybe
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Hu Tao »

But we can agree to disagree on it
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Peregrine »

I will make no comment as to my experiences with other people but I have played a decent amount of mafia!!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I love your energetic attitude
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:37 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 136, Hu Tao wrote:

The thought that scum likes to line up elims. It's not something scum seems to think about especially early on. If that clarification helps
Yes it does. My gut says your town

Even your vote on me though misguided does feel like omgus town. But most votes this early are pretty much a shot in the dark
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:07 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

for the HEM instance.. doesnt quiet owl or espeonage need to be mafia in order for "quiet owl and espeonage look like partners" to be setting up lims? lmao

I dont get how "setting up lims" even makes sense as a thought about a w/w read. without tmi
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:12 am

thats a very good point that i didnt even catch onto :lol:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:16 am

VOTE: Espeonage
2 wacky 4 me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 135, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I disagree about the setting up lims thing. idk, it's probably not scummy of you, but I think "at least one mafia in these people" or "these ppl could be partners" is like insanely ridiculously common in early pages. for a lot of people it's just how they express reads, + if anything it's towny to me just for having complex thoughts lol. like you said, it's like page 5 and everything is based off of so little, no one actually thinks theyre setting up multiple lims in practicality
Disagree with this. I don't think it is common to state there is mafia within 2 players at the start of the game. I don't recall seeing people "express reads" that way either.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 137, Hu Tao wrote:
Saying that 3 pages in seems very forced. When I had literally had no more than 15 words maybe
Forced or perhaps overeager. I can see them looking at you sheeping Espereon and deciding that you're not both mafia together, but scumreading you for low posts + espeonage and then deciding one of you is likely mafia.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

You don't have to say much to say you are scum.

It definitely is a vibe read, but was definitely the first real 'hmm, hold on a sec' moment.

Same with Bella being informed.

At the very least a good place as a jumping off point to find scum.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 141, bob3141 wrote:
In post 136, Hu Tao wrote:

Yes it does. My gut says your town

Even your vote on me though misguided does feel like
omgus town
. But most votes this early are pretty much a shot in the dark
Um how? You never stated you scumread me? Again it feels like these aren't real reads
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 147, Doctor Drew wrote:
You don't have to say much to say you are scum.

It definitely is a vibe read, but was definitely the first real 'hmm, hold on a sec' moment.

Same with Bella being informed.

At the very least a good place as a jumping off point to find scum.
Okay fine. What's your read on bob?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”