Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 171, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Oh, I thought you're part of that playerlist. Did you have a different game with furtive?

And I don't want to impose, but if you'll volunteer to do so then I wouldn't mind. :)
I've played with Klick quite a few times now, and I wasn't in Mini Normal 2302. Did you think I was?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:32 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

yes actually. i thought everybody was talking about the same game.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Klick »

viewtopic.php?sid=&f=2&t=91038&user_select%5B%5D=32224

I think start of day in this game is pretty blatantly different from start of day here and demonstrates my point clearly
The vibe I get from that game is trying to be lax and keep it cool
And what I get here is trying to make stuff happen
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Klick »

In post 169, clidd wrote:
In post 163, Klick wrote: Have you played with gera before clidd? Do you know much about him as a player?
Yes, I did. My previous game was with him on Mini 2273 (viewtopic.php?t=89555).

He was scum there and did basically nothing significant on D1.
I mainly ask because that's like his entire shtick on D1 as either alignment
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:51 am

Post by clidd »

In post 177, Klick wrote: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=2&t=91038&user_select%5B%5D=32224

I think start of day in this game is pretty blatantly different from start of day here and demonstrates my point clearly
I agree that in the example he seemed more relaxed, but I don't see the focus as much different.

The posting seems identical and it is possible that they could adjust to be seen as more serious here.

Or maybe I'm wrong and such D1 energy was due to their enthusiasm to advance the game, which would make sense to town!Elements.

It would be interesting to see more opinions on this matter.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Klick »

In post 174, humaneatingmonkey wrote: what

EBWOP
In post 167, Klick wrote: I think the intent of your posts has been to performatively show people your thought process and I think you care about that more than the thoughts themselves
You'll have my vote if you can demonstrate this to me. I'll vote you if you can't.
I'm not particularly interested in making a case on it, I'd rather people read a general description of the behaviour and come to their own conclusions because that means a lot more than following the words of someone else.

I initially voted because I felt like Oopsie's reasoning in 101 was weak; it feels really general to the point where I doubt it was the literal thought process that went through her head and feels more like an overly detailed description of what she believes she thinks like when she's town

Then her progression onto gera in 151/152 felt like unnecessary positioning. I don't think she actually thinks there's much to get out of wagoning gera. The intent behind the post feels like it's to provide a reason for her shift in vote rather than actual interest in shifting her vote.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:04 am

Post by clidd »

In post 178, Klick wrote:
In post 169, clidd wrote:
In post 163, Klick wrote: Have you played with gera before clidd? Do you know much about him as a player?
Yes, I did. My previous game was with him on Mini 2273 (viewtopic.php?t=89555).

He was scum there and did basically nothing significant on D1.
I mainly ask because that's like his entire shtick on D1 as either alignment
Well, as far as I remember the times I thought he was scummy he was indeed scum (Mini Normal 2196/Mini 2273)

It may not necessarily be the case here, of course, but I would prefer to have something on his alignment before moving on.

#Pedit

Spicy.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:10 am

VOTE: Daisy
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:12 am

I do find it odd that she didn't try and pressure Tweet despite saying it was her intention. Your catch that she had a manifesto on what she wants to do in 101 and then going against it added dimension. Well done.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:14 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 165, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 160, Klick wrote: From what I can remember there's a noticeable self-consciousness and dip in enthusiasm/energy when she's scum. Here she just wants to play and get things going and it feels very motivated by wanting to make solvable content
Because she was scum in 2302, do you think it's possible that her energy could be overcompensatory as to avoid detection?
This is possible but it would coincide with her usual playstyle from my experience.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:16 am

Post by clidd »

@OopsieDaisy

What do you make of ?
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:43 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 185, clidd wrote:
@OopsieDaisy

What do you make of ?
In post 180, Klick wrote: I initially voted because I felt like Oopsie's reasoning in 101 was weak; it feels really general to the point where I doubt it was the literal thought process that went through her head and feels more like an overly detailed description of what she believes she thinks like when she's town
I will say that I did try and expand on my thoughts to the max, but that came from my frustration with a lack of interaction from most people in the game at that moment. The PoE between everyone was a genuine thought process that went on in my head and it's why I pushed Tweet, but the expansion on that thought process was to provide something that people could read into. Being upfront about my meta reads w/ regards to who I wanted to push meant people would have something tangible to comment on, which I felt was sorely lacking from the thread at that point.
In post 180, Klick wrote: Then her progression onto gera in 151/152 felt like unnecessary positioning. I don't think she actually thinks there's much to get out of wagoning gera. The intent behind the post feels like it's to provide a reason for her shift in vote rather than actual interest in shifting her vote.
I admit as much in my post. The switch wasn't because I have any sort of read on Gera outside of null, or because I think the pressure would help me sort his slot directly. The switch was made because my Tweet push was going nowhere and I wanted to create a bigger wagon as RVS was starting to end, which I hoped would force people to start taking sides in the Elements/Me/Gera triple threat. And well, I say hoped, as far as I'm concerned it's already working.

It's a fine post. I like it because it's a read that progresses the game and prompts people to reshape their read on me with this information laid out, but I don't think I've been hiding this information at all (bar I guess the getting people to talk with 101 point, but I feel that motivation is laid out in all of my posts) and I think the issue Klick seems to have with how open I am about explaining my POV is just going to be something we'll have to deal with as it comes, cause it's a core part of how I play mafia.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 101, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 96, Elements wrote: Why do you want a tweet wagon?
I want one because it's an opportunity to form a big wagon early on that players are then forced to react to. Looking at who stays on the wagon/leaves the wagon, who ignores it completely, who opposes it. That's all info that can help the game out of RVS and into some actual analysis.

In terms of why Tweet specifically? Basically I wanted to push someone from 2302 cause I've got an idea of how they would react to things (which thus would mean a push on em yields more info) and I PoE'd it:

.Pressuring Gera won't do much cause he's not really playing the game for Day 1 anyways, so felt it was a less useful push.

.Pressuring Emperor wouldn't be too useful either because whilst they popped off on the vig shots last game, they were ultimately quite an inactive player so poking em with a wagon prolly wouldn't come to much.

.Pressuring Karma I could see just putting him straight on the defensive, and would I imagine lock him on to someone very early on in the game. Would be interesting cause then flips mean something but I'd rather Karma find someone more naturally since he usually has a different take on things than me.

.Pressuring you, well, I voted you at the start but then post was what initially townpinged you to me, so I wanted to switch my vote and get a wagon going,

Thus, that left Tweet as my choice for the wagon.
I'm flattered
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

VOTE: Elements

You're too happy like we were at the beginning of last game (we were clueless)

I get the feeling that pushing Gerain, emperor, and some others from last game will be not super fruitful so I can understand the rationale for Daisy's pushing me

Sure Oopsy cant really say how I'd react but surely a better chance than pushing Gera/Emperor. Why me over curious and Elements, less clear but not really a big deal to me

Undecided on Oopsy

If we r lucky Oopsy and Ele will make themselves really obvious as they focus on each other
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 126, curiouskarmadog wrote: Jesus, Elements, how have you had 52 posts so far?
In post 127, Elements wrote: I get excited on day 1
The Reverse Geraintm

Why? Day one sucks unless you like making shit up for lols cause it's hard to actually believe anything

Ah, fair enough actually i can zee the appeal
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Klick »

Hi Tweet
I've been looking forward to playing with you in particular, I feel like we'll both actually get a proper word in with a smaller game and this player list
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 133, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Not too obvious. Something about Elements' behavior feels overcompensatory.

The reason this Day 1 sucks is thread health. We immediately got spammed and Elements' had no protown motivation for the Tweet gangpile, just wanted to do something for something. That one, I'm not sure is AI.

I don't feel like reading a game right now. Anyone want to do a summary of 2302? It's referenced a lot. Maybe Klick?

@Elements how would you described how you acted that game and do you think it's reasonable for me to expect that what you're doing right now is overcompensating to the read everyone had on you the previous game (or a previous meta)?

@Daisy Tweet was here. The element of surprise is gone. Did you get anything AI in particular?
Ele trying to get something to happen is basically exactly how we started our last scum game together

Ele what motivates you to wagon me

Ha the Element of surprise
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 190, Klick wrote: Hi Tweet
I've been looking forward to playing with you in particular, I feel like we'll both actually get a proper word in with a smaller game and this player list
Always fun! You're probably right, i think so too
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 134, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 133, humaneatingmonkey wrote: @Daisy Tweet was here. The element of surprise is gone. Did you get anything AI in particular?
Tweet was here and just chose to ignore the wagon. In isolation I don't like that all that much, as Tweet avoiding having to react seems to me like waiting for the wagon to blow over, but also Tweet's last reaction was to it as a pure RVS wagon. I'm interested in if her reading of her wagon becomes worth commenting on now that I've provided some context for it.
I really don't think much of it

Ele posting 500 times immediately and shaking shit up is deja vu particularly they said something abt townreading everyone so scum won't kill em which faintly reminds me of Ele just making up reads last time

Oopsy I'm wary of though because of how well thought out her RVS vote is. I think it's pretty logical to vote me if you are picking out of the pool of the last game (altho curious or Ele would have been fine votes too) but i almost wonder if it's too much too soon

Furtive interaction with Klick pinged me as a little towny and I always townread scum furtive. I'll let u know if this is a serious feeling eventually
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 177, Klick wrote: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=2&t=91038&user_select%5B%5D=32224

Ele admitted within the first 5 or 10 pages that they were making up their reads as they go along and also said they were tryna make things happen (in that other game).

Idk if it really felt like we were trying to keep it cool
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I'm gonna vig Gera speak now or hold your peace
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Klick »

In post 194, Morning Tweet wrote:

Ele admitted within the first 5 or 10 pages that they were making up their reads as they go along and also said they were tryna make things happen (in that other game).

Idk if it really felt like we were trying to keep it cool
I admittedly didn't read that far!

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if the reads just being flat-out made up wasn't exactly true though and there wasn't something more optical about it

I dont think it changes my analysis of her play up to that point much at all
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Klick »

When I say 'keep it cool' I mean more in the context of how Elements usually plays
I didn't sense any real drive behind her posting in that game even though as a shell the idea was 'play to make stuff happen'
In contrast I feel like she's actually motivated to do that here
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:29 am

In post 186, OopsieDaisy wrote:how I play mafia
This is what's suspicious to me. It seems like your focusing is too much on signaling that this is how you play mafia, and less focused on actually playing mafia. Does that make sense?
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:35 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 198, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 186, OopsieDaisy wrote:how I play mafia
This is what's suspicious to me. It seems like your focusing is too much on signaling that this is how you play mafia, and less focused on actually playing mafia. Does that make sense?
I think so? Like you're seeing my explanations regarding my play as a ploy to look good rather than engaging with the game itself? Even if the explanations themselves do make sense the fact I'm "wasting" time explaining everything in detail is detracting from actually making reads n pushes which the game needs.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”