humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:38 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Klick - I actually asked because I wanted to see if you're trying to make a sincere attempt at sorting Elements or no. Sorting him as obvtown feels off to me because it's not really the intuition I had in the first pages. When you gave me your read on Elements, I nodded and moved along because I could somehow see how you might have thought about it that way. But with Tweet's challenge on your read and your admittance that you didn't read that far... now I'm thinking your intention was justifying the read first (that you called him obvtown, so you must demonstrate that it must be obvious) and it wasn't actually your priority to double-check if you had the right read on Elements. Now I'm not sure if you're town who wants to be correct or scum who's making up your reads.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Klick »

In post 200, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Klick - I actually asked because I wanted to see if you're trying to make a sincere attempt at sorting Elements or no. Sorting him as obvtown feels off to me because it's not really the intuition I had in the first pages. When you gave me your read on Elements, I nodded and moved along because I could somehow see how you might have thought about it that way. But with Tweet's challenge on your read and your admittance that you didn't read that far... now I'm thinking your intention was justifying the read first (that you called him obvtown, so you must demonstrate that it must be obvious) and it wasn't actually your priority to double-check if you had the right read on Elements. Now I'm not sure if you're town who wants to be correct or scum who's making up your reads.
Have you read through the early posts by Elements in that other game yourself? What are your thoughts on them in isolation and in relation to this game?

I read the first 30ish posts and got a general vibe of her initial approach, and felt like there were clear differences to this game. I didn't really look at it rigorously because it was more of a feeling/general impression to begin with.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:53 am

Yeah I read the iso you gave me. It made sense what you said that he's more lax. But I didn't read through it all because it was actually you that I was sorting and not Elements :P
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:55 am

Sorry, I just noticed I keep using the wrong pronoun for Elements. This isn't on purpose.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Klick »

Fair :P

I think it's probably fair to say there was focus on my part of justification over sorting. Part of that is because I entered reading that other game thinking what I was going to read was likely to match with what I already thought about Elements here, because I've read previous games of hers and already have this impression of Elements' play outside of this game.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Roden »

I feel like Daisy isn't scummy but is just super self-aware. Like she seems over-explainy, but I interpret it more as her playing a character and occasionally turning to face the audience to explain her character's inner monologue.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:23 am

I'm reading the self-awareness as scummy unless there's demonstration that this is also how she is as town, then I'm willing to write it off.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:26 am

Second, it seems that her original manifesto of pressuring Morning Tweet (to sort her because she's the one she can read the best) isn't even followed through. Morning Tweet has engaged her and she was also here, but just focused on defending herself and didn't even acknowledge Morning Tweet. Consistent with what I thought she'll do as scum.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:36 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 93, Elements wrote: When I'm scum I really enjoy day 1
Geraintm isn't enjoying day 1
Therefore geraintm is scum
Am I scum every game?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:36 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 98, humaneatingmonkey wrote: gerain is a known and identified grouch
I'm a delight Day 2
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:37 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 207, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Second, it seems that her original manifesto of pressuring Morning Tweet (to sort her because she's the one she can read the best) isn't even followed through. Morning Tweet has engaged her and she was also here, but just focused on defending herself and didn't even acknowledge Morning Tweet. Consistent with what I thought she'll do as scum.
You asked me a direct question so I responded? And now I'm scummy for that cause I prioritised that response over analysing some fluffy posts from Tweet that were basically a scumread on El I disagreed with and question marks on me?
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:39 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 127, Elements wrote: I get excited on day 1
Shooting their load way too early
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:39 am

Interesting. You think they're fluffy posts? What's your read on her now?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:41 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 153, Elements wrote: Given what you've previously said about Gera, why do you think a wagon there would accomplish anything?
I am literally the worst player to ever wagon
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:41 am

To be clear, I don't think you're scummy for prioritizing me. That is absolutely sweet and please continue to do so. I will also prioritize responding to you.
You're scummy for different reasons!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Roden »

@HEM
In post 193, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 134, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 133, humaneatingmonkey wrote: @Daisy Tweet was here. The element of surprise is gone. Did you get anything AI in particular?
Tweet was here and just chose to ignore the wagon. In isolation I don't like that all that much, as Tweet avoiding having to react seems to me like waiting for the wagon to blow over, but also Tweet's last reaction was to it as a pure RVS wagon. I'm interested in if her reading of her wagon becomes worth commenting on now that I've provided some context for it.
I really don't think much of it

Ele posting 500 times immediately and shaking shit up is deja vu particularly they said something abt townreading everyone so scum won't kill em which faintly reminds me of Ele just making up reads last time

Oopsy I'm wary of though because of how well thought out her RVS vote is. I think it's pretty logical to vote me if you are picking out of the pool of the last game (altho curious or Ele would have been fine votes too) but i almost wonder if it's too much too soon

Furtive interaction with Klick pinged me as a little towny and I always townread scum furtive. I'll let u know if this is a serious feeling eventually
In post 199, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 198, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 186, OopsieDaisy wrote:how I play mafia
This is what's suspicious to me. It seems like your focusing is too much on signaling that this is how you play mafia, and less focused on actually playing mafia. Does that make sense?
I think so? Like you're seeing my explanations regarding my play as a ploy to look good rather than engaging with the game itself? Even if the explanations themselves do make sense the fact I'm "wasting" time explaining everything in detail is detracting from actually making reads n pushes which the game needs.
Daisy only posts once after Tweet responded and it's only been an hour. It doesn't come off as a "focus on defending herself" to me, at least with this context. If anything, I guess Daisy doesn't feel any urgency in responding. Which makes sense since she said she'd respond if Tweet thought her wagon was worth commenting on, which Tweet doesn't think much of.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:47 am

Daisy doesn't feel any urgency in responding to Morning Tweet, a slot she thinks she can sort and whose reaction she's waiting for, is exactly what I feel. It tells me that she isn't consistent with what she says her thoughts and motivations are.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:52 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 161, clidd wrote: For others, I still need more time/content to form reads.

To be honest, the slot worth of pressing as it is notorious from his scumgame to vanishing is Gera.

That said,

VOTE: geraintm

@Geraintm
What are your takes on the game?
I have none
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:54 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 216, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Daisy doesn't feel any urgency in responding to Morning Tweet, a slot she thinks she can sort and whose reaction she's waiting for, is exactly what I feel. It tells me that she isn't consistent with what she says her thoughts and motivations are.
I don't have any urgency regarding responding to her because I don't think there's much there to comment on? Like there's the read on El I disagree with but that argument would prolly just go round in circles. Doesn't know how to sort me but there's not really much I can do to help that right now. Like wtf am I supposed to do with these posts I can't magic out a read just because I said I think it's worth pressuring her 100 posts ago lmao
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

Wiki page
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:57 am

Alright. What about her read on Elements do you disagree with?
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:00 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 219, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Alright. What about her read on Elements do you disagree with?
She thinks Elements is scum because "she's too happy" like last game, but the thing that keyed me into Elements being scummy last game wasn't energy levels or emotions, it was her actively trying to manipulate me into taking a stance that would benefit her in-game.

Elements posting in 2302 has the same appearence of "proactive town", but their play this game doesn't have any of that underlying agenda to put people where they want em indirectly.
Show

Wiki page
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:01 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 169, clidd wrote:
In post 163, Klick wrote: Have you played with gera before clidd? Do you know much about him as a player?
Yes, I did. My previous game was with him on Mini 2273 (viewtopic.php?t=89555).

He was scum there and did basically nothing significant on D1.
I am 100% scum this game then
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:01 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Like this Day 1 eagerness/happiness is at worst NAI for Elements, and I'm saying this as the player here whose played with em the most.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:04 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Also gonna do the thing where I turn to the audience real quick.

HEM's push on me has really strong things in it (I really like him unearthing reads and getting me to elaborate on em), but also the gotcha thing where he asked me a direct question and then attacked me for answering that direct question over commenting on the Tweet posts rubs me in SUCH a wrong way. I always do my best to try and respond to people who want a comment from me and to have that attacked is eugh ew did not like that did not make me feel good lmao.
Show

Wiki page
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:07 am

I'm sorry you feel that way!