Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:41 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 225, Flea The Magician wrote: Oh jeeze 9 pages.

I aint playing catchup.

Tldr da beef:tm: for me?
9 pages of figuring out how to give people Bulletproof Innocent Child inventions with the Normal Invention nightmare thingy. On the bright side the mech's pretty much over
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:42 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 28, Abnegation wrote:
In post 26, Aureal wrote: I'm going to have to figure out what this nightmare thing is at some point, aren't I? Sigh.
i wasn't in the original so i have no clue what's going on mech-wise.
I was in first one and I still have no clue tbh. Game is going to be mech heavy and very likely multi faction

Just one thing to remember is you need to vote only your TRs for nightmare. The fact we voting teams for nightmare means scum is very likely need the votes to be included too and has no mech to sabotage the nightmares indirectly, so for information to stay safe, and to be able to conf people with friendly neighbor etc you need to try and keep the info hidden from scum. This new nightmare seems to have more utility than last game

Last game we ended up deciding to give away vig because the trade off seemed worth it with a specific claim. we need to be a bit smarter about invention and nightmare team this game.
In post 37, DragonEater70 wrote: I keep trying to post something about mech and keep getting ninja'd so I just gave up. Let's do something game advancing.

There's not much right now but I am getting town vibes from Aureal, and slight townleans from Python and Titus. Not so much on std and Abnegation. I'm still trying to understand Abnegation's claim though.
VOTE: Abnegation
Do you wanna explain the rationale behind the claim?
This is advancing. town meter 0.1 +
In post 40, Abnegation wrote: lol you have reads? how does anyone have reads at this point? :lol:
why would you assume there is a rationale behind my claim? what reason do you have to think that?
This interaction is natural. town meter 0.1+

my methodology is not to judge any post on its own. I need to see more data points to see if its a natural interaction overall and it turns to a read. The meter is just to mark my thinking progression on posts 1v1. when they are put together they create reads - maybe.
In post 43, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 40, Abnegation wrote: lol you have reads? how does anyone have reads at this point? :lol:
why would you assume there is a rationale behind my claim? what reason do you have to think that?
I dunno, I just saw your post and started working me old brain very hard trying to figure out if it's a real claim or a softclaim or what. But I guess the simplest explanation is it's just a random page 1 claim, I guess.
And yeah I don't have SOLID READS, but I do have vibes. And if we don't start voting people and disucssing vibes and reads we're not gonna get anywhere. I will UNVOTE: though, because I really don't have a scum read on you rn. Just null af.
But seriously we need to have some real content and more people here.
similar to town dragon eater from another game giving me that game vibes tbh town meter 0.2+
In post 49, usesPython wrote:
In post 46, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 12, DragonEater70 wrote: I was in the middle of pushing Doctor Drew when suddenly D1 was ended fue to scum powers, and then the game was compromised D2.
So now I finally get to VOTE: Doctor Drew
This is a scum claim, I was town in the OG game.

But you will be dealt with later.

VOTE: python

Kill them before someone brings up mech talk and maths.
You're too late, we already meched on why giving Innocent Child inventions with the Normal Invention is optimal :twisted:
I work more on mech later when i have more time and can be actually invested in game. I honestly think the invention talks must wait till night phase and be in the nightmare itself and for now everyone must just focus on nightmare team to be as close as it can be to all town to be voted regarding that mech
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:48 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 227, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: I work more on mech later when i have more time and can be actually invested in game. I honestly think the invention talks must wait till night phase and be in the nightmare itself and for now everyone must just focus on nightmare team to be as close as it can be to all town to be voted regarding that mech
If we're handing out Bulletproof IC inventions does it even matter if scum are in the Nightmare? Like even if we somehow got a full towncore in the nightmare either we give it to town in which case everyone knows what just happened or we give it to scum in which case everyone in the nightmare knows what happened and everyone outside it can pretty reasonably guess what happened when everyone who was in it decides they should all lim a specific person after there was a big hubbub about Bulletproof IC inventions
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by usesPython »

The only situation I could see where it matters is asking people to claim their IC invention so that it's like it's 2-shot instead of 1-shot (since if non-town gets picked for the IC invention then they don't get told) if we're 100% confident on the nightmare being town, but that seems like it'd be pretty risky if we're not confident on who town is?
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Yeah. I am for example not going to actually mention many strategies for after we have a town core as... well... some of those strategies are dependent on not being known to scum. There's a good few of those strategies though, so. I can safely mention that fact at least.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:01 pm

Post by usesPython »

Ah ok using it as a n1 hood makes sense

Put me in the hood I have mech stuff to talk about that I'd rather scum not see
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:09 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

... I mean if we can manage to get a town core that early then we might actually use those strategies.

But we also have some strategies where we can just... not care if scum can see them or not, cause we force them to make specific plays or not this way. So for now we're planning on putting everyone into the Nightmare and going with a strategy where we don't care if scum sees or not.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:12 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Namely, we're going to make a scummier player a day 4 IC or something like that. And probably continue until we have three of those on day 4. We either force scum to shoot with the nightmare picks, or... risk getting a whole bunch of conf town all at once. Or just get outright revealed as scum if we do land lucky shots on scum.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:18 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

game is bastard and there might be cults and other stuff so it matters who you targeting with ic (even more if it also has a bp)
the night discussions in nightmare can be really important - and not just for invention - there are many things in this game that might be an important topic to discuss in n1

also did mod confirm a bp IC is a valid invention or not? IC is like passive on its own and can be considered modifier.

Honestly I think this is something the nightmare group better discuss in private at night phase and check with mod instead of publicly discussing here what we intend to give away right now. Based on details that can come up in a nightmare topic they might change decisions.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:18 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Attempting a pure nightmare is more worthwhile as it becomes more feasible.

Personally, I do not feel at all confident in picking out seven high confidence townreads on D1, and even less so seven townreads I can convince everyone else on, so I'm working under the assumption tonight's nightmare is just gonna have scum in it regardless, so better to ensure everyone gets to participate and at least avoid the terrifying possibility of a MAJORITY scum Nightmare.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

Regardless and in any scenario deep mech talks in this game in day phase is distractions. Based on game design we need to find scum and town and vote town for nightmare as best as we can. rest is not important for day itself
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:20 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 233, Rautherdir wrote: Namely, we're going to make a scummier player a day 4 IC or something like that. And probably continue until we have three of those on day 4. We either force scum to shoot with the nightmare picks, or... risk getting a whole bunch of conf town all at once. Or just get outright revealed as scum if we do land lucky shots on scum.
Why would we give up Bulletproof for a day restriction instead of just... telling them not to reveal?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 236, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: Regardless and in any scenario deep mech talks in this game in day phase is distractions. Based on game design we need to find scum and town and vote town for nightmare as best as we can. rest is not important for day itself
I find the mech discussion to be helpful for sorting alignment as well. Beats the heck out of RVS anyway.

usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:22 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 234, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: game is bastard and there might be cults and other stuff so it matters who you targeting with ic (even more if it also has a bp)
the night discussions in nightmare can be really important - and not just for invention - there are many things in this game that might be an important topic to discuss in n1

also did mod confirm a bp IC is a valid invention or not? IC is like passive on its own and can be considered modifier.

Honestly I think this is something the nightmare group better discuss in private at night phase and check with mod instead of publicly discussing here what we intend to give away right now. Based on details that can come up in a nightmare topic they might change decisions.
Worst case scenario 1-shot Activated Innocent Child is Normal legal and completely sensible. The Bulletproof part is rules-lawyering from it being considered a modifier on the Normal page but a passive role on the Bulletproof page, we're waiting on a ruling for it
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by usesPython »

If we put someone in the nightmare and then lim them the same day I'm assuming they can't post/vote for actions in the nightmare?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

... Are PGOs Normal?

usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 241, Radical Rat wrote: ... Are PGOs Normal?
No, also you can't fake it with Reflexive Vigilante because Reflexive also isn't Normal
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:33 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Vig is also already an action within the Nightmare power set, so we can't use it and add modifiers to it. Or else I'd suggest disloyal vig.
Alt of Theta Alpine
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:33 pm

Post by usesPython »

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Fair enough.

Had a brief vision of Disloyal PGO, which would be very spicy, and potentially change how I wanted to approach this whole thing

usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by usesPython »

What happens if we give a 99-shot Fruit Vendor Invention, do they get 1-shot or 99-shots?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

for example in last game we couldnt give ic invention. plan was to give friendly neighbor to someone and make them target my mason partner so we could have double confirmation of them being town and making a town block but that needed nightmare discussions and couldn't have been discussed in open

even if discussing what we wanna give in open might not hurt, discussing how to give it might be an extremely bad idea cause we don't know how other roles can interact/what exist to nullify them/make them back fire at us
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:36 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 245, Radical Rat wrote: Fair enough.

Had a brief vision of Disloyal PGO, which would be very spicy, and potentially change how I wanted to approach this whole thing
Disloyal Universal Backup that turns into a PGO
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:37 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 248, usesPython wrote:
In post 245, Radical Rat wrote: Fair enough.

Disloyal Universal Backup that turns into a PGO
Wait no this wouldn't work
As a passive ability with a modifier: You will inherit the role of the nth faction power role who dies OR faction power roles who die on day n, losing this ability in the process.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”