humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I'm not "comparing" my "mannerly ways" with Espeon's frustration. I was asking Espeon to speak with less attitude. If Espeon is frustrated, then so am I.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:22 pm

Okay nice dude, your portrayal is definitely fair and not a total misrepresentation of me. I know because your quotes include "hoohoo" in them, which usually found when you're portraying someone fairly.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:24 pm

In post 474, Invisibility wrote: my intent wasn't to make you sound like a jerk
we're cool. don't do it again. i know what you're doing, but sometimes lines can be crossed.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 476, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Okay nice dude, your portrayal is definitely fair and not a total misrepresentation of me. I know because your quotes include "hoohoo" in them, which usually found when you're portraying someone fairly.
we get a little silly with it
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:30 pm

i get it. you need to undermine me. have at it.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 475, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I'm not "comparing" my "mannerly ways" with Espeon's frustration. I was asking Espeon to speak with less attitude. If Espeon is frustrated, then so am I.
In post 367, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I feel like the frustration isn't even warranted when I'm extending a lot of goodwill toward you.
you're painting Espeon as irrational in comparison to your goodwill. But there wasn't much to respond to, and I don't see your goodwill.
In post 479, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i get it. you need to undermine me. have at it.
tally ho!
how do you think my word choice here reflects on my alignment?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:47 pm

i think one of you is about to be eliminated, and you're in a bad spot so you're extra desperate to regain control of the narrative - which starts by undermining me. so desperate that you're willing to paint me as a huge jerk because... what other alternatives do you have?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:49 pm

good night.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 476, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Okay nice dude, your portrayal is definitely fair and not a total misrepresentation of me. I know because your quotes include "hoohoo" in them, which usually found when you're portraying someone fairly.
In post 481, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i think one of you is about to be eliminated, and you're in a bad spot so you're extra desperate to regain control of the narrative - which starts by undermining me. so desperate that you're willing to paint me as a huge jerk because... what other alternatives do you have?
lol I think you're just trying to use the way I talk to make it sound like I'm making up ghost stories. I have reasons! And you've been responding to them! But it's easy to take my silliness and act like that's some scheme to pull rugs you're standing on. I don't think it's particularly ai cuz, while scum would be incentivized to discredit me for this here, both alignments would be incentivized to be very confused and/or annoyed here. Still, I'm saying what I'm seeing and talking weird doesn't make me wrong
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Invisibility »

sweet dreams & suchlike
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Invisibility »

also I'm caught up now lol
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 465, T3 wrote: Dunnstral’s posts about Drew seemed pretty weird, especially how Dunnstral defended Drew from Quiet Owl. He didn’t properly engage with Quiet Owl’s point about Drew. Then the way he said “maybe we should hold off on voting Drew” because of Peregrine’s defense of Drew also felt weird and not really genuine.
I disagreed with Quiet Owl and agreed with Peregrine. I didn't say maybe or brush off engagement.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

HEM, how do you read Invisibility currently?
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Flavor 1.7
Loaf

Loaf is a 7-cell still life discovered by John Conway in 1969 as a result of tracking the evolution of the twelve pentominoes. It can be seen as a weld of two beehives.

Loaf is the stator in both mold and jam, and it can be augmented with tails to give the cis- and trans-loaf with tail, or equivalently with nines to yield the cis- and trans-loaf with nine.

Loaf can be attached to itself to give three 14-cell still lifes, namely half-bakery, bi-loaf 2 and loaf back tie loaf, and siamesing gives the 11-cell loaf siamese loaf.

A loaf has a partial eater property: certain collisions, particularly that of gliders, can destroy the upper rightmost two cells (in the orientation shown in the picture), after which the remainder of the pattern will evolve into a new loaf, flipped 180°. Eater 3 is an actual eater making use of this reaction.

A similar reaction to this involves a block "eating" a loaf, similarly to how the beehives in the queen bee shuttle are removed; stabilising this can be used to construct the baker's dozen, popover, p68 lumps of muck hassler (the basis of a record-breaking period-68 glider gun) and the stable form of twirling T-tetsons 2.

Some extensions of carnival shuttle hassles a loaf that is involved similarly to a beehive.

Loaves are common enough that they can reappear in the same position by chance after being hit. In signal circuitry, examples are RF48H, HRx65R, one form of RF28B, speed tunnel, Bandersnatch and the family of bumpers.

Source: LifeWiki

Vote Count 1.7With 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Quiet Owl
(4): bob3141, Hu Tao, Save The Dragons, Peregrine
Hu Tao
(2): Dunnstral, Quiet Owl
humaneatingmonkey
(2): T3, Invisibility
T3
(1): sheepsaysmeep
Not_Mafia
(1): Not_Mafia
bob3141
(1): Doctor Drew

Not Voting
(2): Random Nurse, humaneatingmonkey

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-07-06 10:00:00).

Mod notes:
Seeking replacement for Quiet Owl. The deadline will be extended by 24 hours once a replacement is found.

I am going on a family trip to Kazakhstan so the next VC might be a bit slow.

[/quote]
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Invisibility »

I love all the terms
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:08 pm

In post 487, Random Nurse wrote: HEM, how do you read Invisibility currently?
The obvious agenda to undermine me was enough to call them scum. There was no inch of fair assessment of my alignment - he immediately went after me to discredit me.

He doesnt even bother doing anything else. It's a 13-p he just replaced into. Where are his other reads?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Hm..

VOTE: Invisibility
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:32 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 406, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 404, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 393, Dunnstral wrote: I don't see how people are reading Hu Tao's recent posts as town. Basically all they did is defend themselves against suspicion and vote the person who voted them. I mean, maybe that doesn't make them mafia, but how are people going from null to town?
because this is exactly how they behaved in previous games with them when they were town
So you're saying that you think I'd be uncapable of doing this as scum? If so, what would be hard to replicate?
In post 405, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 393, Dunnstral wrote: I don't see how people are reading Hu Tao's recent posts as town. Basically all they did is defend themselves against suspicion and vote the person who voted them. I mean, maybe that doesn't make them mafia, but how are people going from null to town?
Suspicious post. Reads as someone that is upset that someone they know is town is being townread unrighteously. How about instead of saying why I'm not town for those posts, explain why I'm mafia?
I like these posts
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:28 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 492, Invisibility wrote:
In post 406, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 404, Save The Dragons wrote:
because this is exactly how they behaved in previous games with them when they were town
So you're saying that you think I'd be uncapable of doing this as scum? If so, what would be hard to replicate?
In post 405, Hu Tao wrote:
Suspicious post. Reads as someone that is upset that someone they know is town is being townread unrighteously. How about instead of saying why I'm not town for those posts, explain why I'm mafia?
I like these posts
What specifically do you like about them?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Invisibility »

they're good questions I think. They seem to come from a place of genuine inquiry and not just fighting for towniness or whatever. Like, they question townreads on themself as part of their inquiries, but not in a way that reads as showy
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:14 am

Post by T3 »

In post 467, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 465, T3 wrote: HEM is trying to establish control over the thread
T3, we've had games. Do you think this is scum-indicative?
I forgot how you play as town but your posts this game definitely reminded me of how you played in that multiball game as mafia.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 am

Post by T3 »

In post 468, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 465, T3 wrote:Speaking of posts that didn’t feel genuine, basically nothing HEM has posted has seemed genuine at all and I how it seems like HEM is trying to establish control over the thread.
wasn't this espeonage's argument?
The first part was what I thought of on my own, the second part was exactly Espeonage’s argument lol
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:16 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Owl

Deadline is soon and the thread doesn’t seem to be going anywhere
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 465, T3 wrote: A loose summary of my thoughts:

Dunnstral’s posts about Drew seemed pretty weird, especially how Dunnstral defended Drew from Quiet Owl. He didn’t properly engage with Quiet Owl’s point about Drew. Then the way he said “maybe we should hold off on voting Drew” because of Peregrine’s defense of Drew also felt weird and not really genuine.

Speaking of posts that didn’t feel genuine, basically nothing HEM has posted has seemed genuine at all and I how it seems like HEM is trying to establish control over the thread.

STD is an odd slot, his questioning of Dunnstral pinged me as town but nothing else really stood out to me as towny.

Espeonage pinged me as very towny and if I had replaced into some other slot then he would be my top townread. I mindmelded with him on a few occasions. So sue me :(

Sheep is probably my strongest townread, I liked the way he waffled around his read of Espeonage(?, I forgot who :mrgreen:), it seemed genuine. The one reservation I have is that sheep seems like a player who is always able to sound genuine but I’ll worry about that later.

I think the problem with Hu Tao’s catch-up is that *all* she did in said catchup was defend herself rather than actually provide decent reads. She tried to cover for that by saying “oh, nothing happened in those past few pages” which just struck me as weird.

Owl has been towny. I liked their case of HEM and Drew. Not much else to say here.
Similar story for bob.

Drew has been passive, not really in a town or scum way. I don’t scumread him individually but I thought that Dunnstral’s interaction with him could be s/s.

I have not properly read Nurse’s or Peregrine’s posts.

I know this is a lot of scumreads and some less confident townreads. I’ll live! And I’ll (hopefully) get a better read on Nurse/Peregrine.
In post 497, T3 wrote: VOTE: Owl

Deadline is soon and the thread doesn’t seem to be going anywhere
You are not going to even try to vote for someone else?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Like Hu Tao or humaneatingmonkey, both of which you have explained suspicion on and both of which are the next 2 wagons and could theoretically happen?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”