Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:00 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 521, Aureal wrote: Is... is this really Python, can someone go check and make sure their account didn't get hacked or something because this "stop talking about mech" and "idk they just vibe town" is really confusing me :o
How does this influence your read on us?

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:04 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 524, Merlyn wrote:
In post 345, sheepsaysmeep wrote: ok time to stop trying for another 15 pages

I would push people to start trying now to develop some reads and share them. I have a lot of people marked off as unreadable/iffy because they've been present but waiting around for mech talk to be over. it's basically over. if you dont have time to read the parts with mech stuff then a good approach could be to ISO people who are not python or rauthe
Okay, I'll start with you
In post 334, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 331, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 328, sheepsaysmeep wrote: snivy - feels pretty wolf. in general their early posting was the most stiff. treatment of ranger feels like buddying ("wow you're doing readlists every post?! that's so game-advancing and towny" for something I think is fairly clearly predetermined playstyle).
if im your only confident scumread then vote me

also is this implying me and ranger are scum buddies despite you saying you think ranger is townie?
it feels weird to read the words I said and consider that confident? I mildly dislike that as a sort of overreaction

and the implication is that ranger is villager and you are trying to gain their favor
I went back and I don't really think Snivy is overreacting?
In post 328, sheepsaysmeep wrote: ok I read the game

dragoneater70 - originally I found them the scummiest tonally. they felt very performative/LAMIST, such as with lots of literally saying "let's do something game-advancing now" (no one says that when doing something game-advancing now). but then someone said this felt like town!dragoneater from last game. and I sort of just believe that maybe that way of writing that I found scummy is playstyle. so now I no longer want to push it and
it's a potential townread
pending me one day skimming the game in question

ranger - I think they are
lightly villagery.
their first readlists aligned a lotttt with what I was feeling in early pages.

radical rat - I like their push that rauth is too obsessed with finding the IC alternatives. like it is a just a good push. it actually
makes me feel more RR!town
than rauth!wolf; im slightly skeptical of it as making rauth wolf because it's almost too egregious (python saying "I'll policy the next person to talk about mech" and then rauth keeps talking about mech feels like something wolves might want to avoid ??)

usespython - when I was just lurking they felt like 99% obvtown on vibes. when I read through it's more
meh but still prob just town

morning tweet - gut says
slightly scummy
. I just thought her takes were mid in I was not feeling them lol

Titus - if I had to force a read their vibe fits with what I understand of their town meta lol but
meh

Kyoko - if this is their first time trying the weird scum meter thing (if I didnt misunderstand) then I'd honestly give
a couple town points lmao. otherwise very meh

snivy -
feels pretty wolf.
in general their early posting was the most stiff. treatment of ranger feels like buddying ("wow you're doing readlists every post?! that's so game-advancing and towny" for something I think is fairly clearly predetermined playstyle).

abnegation - my gut says this is what
I think newer-player villagers
look like
That looks like Snivy is your most confident scumread. Everyone else but MT is shades of town, and MT is 'slightly scummy' vs Snivy's 'pretty wolf'. And then for some reason you backed down so quickly on this, just a few posts later!
In post 342, sheepsaysmeep wrote: ok he is being villagery VOTE: Abnegation
You had Abnegation updated to 'meh'- why her and not MT based on your own list reads?
In post 386, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I would also personally like to be in the topic for picking stuff if we decide it privately

I am just generally pretty good at mech and also at choosing cop peek targets, which I think the average person is very shit at
This is a small thing but if you're pretty good at mech, why did you join only in the mech discussion with one post (actually, one line of one post)?

I could go this way. VOTE: sheep
ok I was going to go away but sadly I am addicted to mafia so I will answer these
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:18 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

-snivy was definitely my most confident wolfread at the time I wrote my readlist. but at the same time, he wasn't at all a COnfident wolfread. and I dont feel like it seemed from what I wrote that I was
confident
he was mafia. at that time I would have said the chance was like, maybe 30%. basically, >rand.

So, the overreaction to me is that snivy seemed to call it a confident wolfread, independently. "because im confident, why am I not voting him??" it felt wolfy because it felt like trying to shade me by grasping for something that wasn't there + strong reactions to relatively slight pressure is just a minor wolftell blah blah. I do totally get the logic that I should generally be voting my most confident wolfread tho. but I simply wasn't super compelled to join a wagon of size 0.

-drew described abgenation's main's playstyle as like, non-commitive and second-guessing. the longer I had information on who she was, and the more I thought about it, I was like yeah that seems right from what I know. I think it makes the overconfident vibe at the start of the game wolfy for her specifically. I thought what ive seen from her main is capable of being very towny and even though it is very early there is no glimpse of that so let's poke it

also she had just indicated intention to start catching up and I thought I would like to have a wagon on her while she does that. morning tweet otoh seemed like she was gonna pop in here and there every multitude of pages (very respectfully) and a vote would do almost nothing

-I did not talk much about mech discussion about nightmare redux because I agreed with the consensus conclusion that had already been reached
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:42 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Agree Katy just vibed town really hard
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Not that I've played with him ever, but you know how that goes
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Merlyn's response to sheep is kind of nitpicky do you always vote in exact predictable fashion based on what you've written in previous posts, what if something changes or if you think about it differently later

I guess that's like, something you could say in response to any inconsistency ever. Is voting Abegnation over me scum indictative though ? Just, why?

I voted Abegneation because a bunch of votes, lots of fluff, no towniness, plus questioning why people that do townread them are townreading them sus! Plus, I guess I'm leaning Rauth is a townie who posts filler ? So might as well start there
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:51 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 523, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I am caught up

I have no desire to talk about what I thought it's very confused
In post 526, sheepsaysmeep wrote: ok I was going to go away but sadly I am addicted to mafia so I will answer these

Lol mood
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:09 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 530, Morning Tweet wrote: Merlyn's response to sheep is kind of nitpicky do you always vote in exact predictable fashion based on what you've written in previous posts, what if something changes or if you think about it differently later

I guess that's like, something you could say in response to any inconsistency ever. Is voting Abegnation over me scum indictative though ? Just, why?

I voted Abegneation because a bunch of votes, lots of fluff, no towniness, plus questioning why people that do townread them are townreading them sus! Plus, I guess I'm leaning Rauth is a townie who posts filler ? So might as well start there
Hot take: consistency is scum indicative

-A
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:06 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 507, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 505, Titus wrote:
In post 325, KatyKimFanClub wrote: I notice a lot of talk about finding trustworthy people to put in the Nightmare. I would like to say that I am town, thus feel free to put me in there, coach(es).
Yuck.
I like we were are on the same page Titus, a whole lotta yuck here.
Was just trying to have a fun intro into the game as a replacement (also it would be nice to be in the Nightmare sort of like how it was fun to be picked on the dodgeball team in 5th grade)

---

Why does Ranger think I'm the most towny person here? I've never played with Ranger, Titus, Doctor Drew, or Wheme before, so it's interesting to see the range of reactions to my few posts.

Idk why people think my removing Rauth from nightmare list is scummy. It seems like their usefulness in the mechanics debate as a foil/devil's advocate against IC is over now.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:37 am

Post by usesPython »

Titus' push on KKFC is not scum!Titus pushing town!KKFC

-A
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:23 am

Post by Rautherdir »

To be fair I kept thinking that bulletproof IC was too powerful to just... Be allowed like that without something to mitigate it's power. So I assumed alternative strategies would be required. Though it really isn't as powerful and setup breaking as I kept thinking about given we're in a Korina game. (There's almost certainly a recruit mechanic of some kind)
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:52 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 535, Rautherdir wrote: To be fair I kept thinking that bulletproof IC was too powerful to just... Be allowed like that without something to mitigate it's power. So I assumed alternative strategies would be required. Though it really isn't as powerful and setup breaking as I kept thinking about given we're in a Korina game. (There's almost certainly a recruit mechanic of some kind)
Are you still going on about how BP IC might not be that good? And also still talking about mech?

-A
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 536, usesPython wrote:
In post 535, Rautherdir wrote: To be fair I kept thinking that bulletproof IC was too powerful to just... Be allowed like that without something to mitigate it's power. So I assumed alternative strategies would be required. Though it really isn't as powerful and setup breaking as I kept thinking about given we're in a Korina game. (There's almost certainly a recruit mechanic of some kind)
Are you still going on about how BP IC might not be that good? And also still talking about mech?

-A
Nah, it's still the best option we have, anything else would run into the same issue even quicker actually.

But also it's hard to defend yourself without talking about mech when the reasons people seem to be scum reading you are... based on mech.
Alt of Theta Alpine
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:40 am

Post by usesPython »

I meant this part

-A
In post 535, Rautherdir wrote: Though it really isn't as powerful and setup breaking as I kept thinking about given we're in a Korina game. (There's almost certainly a recruit mechanic of some kind)
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Yeah. But that applies about equally to anything we give with Nightmare stuff. It does change the ability to publicly confirm one person a day/night cycle from 'this game would not be able to pass review' to 'this is heavily town sided but still ballancable' though, which is... why I thought I would need to be finding other ways to use Nightmare, cause I assumed there was something else doing that role.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:54 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Not just public confirmation but bulletproof as well on the confirmed player. Once a day/night cycle that is... very hard to balance around.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 525, usesPython wrote:
In post 521, Aureal wrote: Is... is this really Python, can someone go check and make sure their account didn't get hacked or something because this "stop talking about mech" and "idk they just vibe town" is really confusing me :o

-A

Maybe it doesn't, just my confusion levels :shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 532, usesPython wrote:
In post 530, Morning Tweet wrote: Merlyn's response to sheep is kind of nitpicky do you always vote in exact predictable fashion based on what you've written in previous posts, what if something changes or if you think about it differently later

Hot take: consistency is scum indicative

-A

And here I was thinking of making a SzmarzLeek reference in response to that and you go and beat me to it :(
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:17 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 541, Aureal wrote:
In post 525, usesPython wrote:

-A

Maybe it doesn't, just my confusion levels :shifty:
Hmmm...

Anyways Merlyn's right that most of those posts weren't from Nameless or me (Also smh Merlyn I'm not as bad as Nameless) but I'm stanning the "stop talking about mech" since we've been going in circles on that front for the past 15 pages with nothing new and people just straight up aren't playing while that's going on

-A
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:31 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Yeah. No more mech for today. I've explained the reasons why I made the contributions to mech discussion that I did, and... I'll just quote those if people push me on it again.
Alt of Theta Alpine
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:46 am

Post by usesPython »

Flea and bianco need to be prodded I think

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:52 am

Post by usesPython »

Anyways this wagon's getting stale

VOTE: kkfc

-A
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

sheep and merlyn both feel town
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:12 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 546, usesPython wrote: Anyways this wagon's getting stale

VOTE: kkfc

-A
Am I getting voted for town vibes or b/c of Titus?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:24 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 548, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Am I getting voted for town vibes or b/c of Titus?
We're not voting you for giving off town vibes when you can do so as scum

-A

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”