mystery box of silver fifteenish: design -> mod (this is over)

Forum for old private topics
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:40 am

Post by schadd_ »

brilliantly tommy edman got put on the 10 day IL today which shouldnt affect the game although it shows an increased risk hes gonna be out later LOL
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:41 am

Post by schadd_ »

the plan is to whip this up and squirt it out today
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:41 am

Post by schadd_ »

and by that i mean come up with like 4 more silly mechanics that you would implicitly pass (i imagine you could be busy. my plan is to message you "hey i made 4 inconsequential changes. do you still pass the setup without looking at them?")
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:54 am

Post by schadd_ »

day 5:

SPECIAL VOTING OPTIONduring this phase, players will be granted the ability to VOTE: sicko mode. if sicko mode reaches a majority, [deepest wolf] and [second deepest wolf] will be executed; as well, every player who votes this option will be spared from hostage murders for the next nine days after the execution is posted. this pair of players was selected either by the mafia team or by my own discretion.

if there are two or fewer mafia remaining at that time, it will instead be the 3rd and 4th scummiest townies (so like two people i wouldnt hostage murder i guess).
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:02 am

Post by schadd_ »

day 6:

special voting option #2during this phase, players will be granted the ability to VOTE: usurp. this will result in the death of the towniest member of the town. additionally, this only requires one person to vote it; it will fail if that person is mafia.

their death will be reported as "natural causes".
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:03 am

Post by schadd_ »

named good named "francis"
free darius mccollum

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 28, schadd_ wrote: day 5:

SPECIAL VOTING OPTIONduring this phase, players will be granted the ability to VOTE: sicko mode. if sicko mode reaches a majority, [deepest wolf] and [second deepest wolf] will be executed; as well, every player who votes this option will be spared from hostage murders for the next nine days after the execution is posted. this pair of players was selected either by the mafia team or by my own discretion.

if there are two or fewer mafia remaining at that time, it will instead be the 3rd and 4th scummiest townies (so like two people i wouldnt hostage murder i guess).
I think this is kinda funnier if only the second wolfiest person died or like 2&3
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 29, schadd_ wrote: day 6:

special voting option #2during this phase, players will be granted the ability to VOTE: usurp. this will result in the death of the towniest member of the town. additionally, this only requires one person to vote it; it will fail if that person is mafia.

Good
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Isis »

Oh what about a mechanic that modified the assessment of who is scummiest to only consider 3 pages of the game
"Well, I..."
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 31, Isis wrote:

I think this is kinda funnier if only the second wolfiest person died or like 2&3
i kinda want this just to be like the complete most extreme option just like for the long term mind game fun
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 33, Isis wrote: Oh what about a mechanic that modified the assessment of who is scummiest to only consider 3 pages of the game
this is extremely going to be incorporated into the game
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by schadd_ »

day 7

no voting stuff this timeduring this day, when tommy edman (or substitute) scores a home run, i will determine who is the scummiest ONLY by looking at the three pages leading up to the moment of the home run. specifically, the posts on the page leading up to that time and the two complete pages prior to it.
~ so you best behavior ~
. arguments in mech tags made subsequent to the home run and prior to the posting of the murder will be taken into account.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:05 am

Post by schadd_ »

given that this is a bastard game and i'm in a bit of a low point in terms of how confident i am that i can make interesting mechanics, basically everything here is just set to entertain the players, or maybe to provoke them, for a better way of putting it. to take inventory of how i hope the days will go:

day 1: omg omg hurrying to be towny
day 2: what the hell are these voting blocs... oh it's just day 2 wagons. also omg hurrying to be towny and having fun with mech arguments
day 3: why the hell are those players treestumped
day 4: what the hell are these voting blocs
day 5: (y
e
a
a
a
h
)
day 6: usurp??? usurp??? usurp???
:arrow_up: one of those days will also be "Uhhh??? mafia can be killed???? town it up guys like your life depends on it omg..."
day 7: only the last three pages (late game mechanic to stir up discussion and stuff which usually lags at this point)
day 8+: hopefully at this point there is just a recognition that the hostage murders are gonna be kind of a problem with the smaller amount of townies and so you gotta wrap it up. if this game lasts past post season that would be kind of awful but also very funny

there's like a small chance this game ends up being a runaway success but most likely it will be kind of fun and/or silly and maybe kinda annoying. i think the dance setups are an indicator that people don't mind large themes that resemble nightless with a few things that keep it moving forward. probably the outcome i am most hoping for is that somebody with a better mind for large theme mechanics takes the idea and does something cooler with it bc like 0 of the 3 large themes i've done have been particularly good although mbos 10 had its acolytes. oh also people liked those camn pine draft setups right? maybe i should just like read up on how those worked and steal the idea and do it myself
free darius mccollum

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Isis »

I approve this setup
"Well, I..."
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:23 am

Post by schadd_ »

special shining baby
1-shot white knight
1-shot white knight
1-shot google doc callout author (renaming of twitlongerer)
hostage negotiator
vt vt vt vt vt vt vt vt vt

named goon ("earl")
hostage negotiator
goon goon goon
(factional vulnerability thing, which changes/appends "vulnerator" to their role name)
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 29, schadd_ wrote: day 6:

In post 36, schadd_ wrote: day 7

no voting stuff this timeduring this day, when tommy edman (or substitute) scores a home run, i will determine who is the scummiest ONLY by looking at the three pages leading up to the moment of the home run. specifically, the posts on the page leading up to that time and the two complete pages prior to it.
~ so you best behavior ~
. arguments in mech tags made subsequent to the home run and prior to the posting of the murder will be taken into account.
free darius mccollum

Return to “Completed Game Topics”