schadd walrus 2: feast of the invisible cats (join biancospino walrus!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by tris »

will there be variance the reveal times like before?
here's what it says
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 120, schadd_ wrote: an important addendum to the second chart is that, in addition to the existence of at least one past submittant that left me shocked, 100% of submissions made me say something to the effect of LETS GOOO!!!! (fist pump) when i saw them in my inbox. very happy to see every face old and new here and also exciting that the number went up from 15 to 24+ this time around
I'm excited that you are excited!

What do I lose out on if, say, I work during a live reveal?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by Invisibility »

me when I see a rather well-dressed feline
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

i am extremely excited for this !!!!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:42 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 125, tris wrote: will there be variance the reveal times like before?
yes!
In post 126, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 120, schadd_ wrote: an important addendum to the second chart is that, in addition to the existence of at least one past submittant that left me shocked, 100% of submissions made me say something to the effect of LETS GOOO!!!! (fist pump) when i saw them in my inbox. very happy to see every face old and new here and also exciting that the number went up from 15 to 24+ this time around
I'm excited that you are excited!

What do I lose out on if, say, I work during a live reveal?
the live reveal consists of me playing the songs over discord in ascending order of points. all of the scoring and comments i write are also going to be posted in this thread
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:44 am

Post by schadd_ »

i listened to all the songs today while painting. i briefly thought about this before starting but now that i notice the large number of songs that are in close competition for the top spots, i'm now giving points for 4th place. so it will be 2/1.5/1.2/0.9 for 1st/2nd/3rd/4th. the caledfwitch medal is likewise expanded to include 5th or 6th place.
free darius mccollum

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

the despair I feel at missing the first reveal for this is astounding
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by tris »

i literally rescheduled dnd so i wouldnt miss it
here's what it says
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by hellbooks »

aaaahhh (thats me getting astounded by despair)
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

For personal reasons, I won't be participating actively in this. But I'm not pulling out, just... minimal posts, if any at all. Will be updating my GTKAS with the reasons. Nothing to do with anyone here, purely my life.
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am

Post by Chevre »

happy walrus day to all who celebrate

There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:42 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 115, schadd_ wrote: and i will plan to do my first reveal on saturday at 5pm US central time, (expired on 2023-07-15 17:00:00).
waba waba!
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by schadd_ »

category 5: synchronized swimming
Spoiler: 1st: cheeto

enjoyment: 6.3 (4.6+/5)
catfit: 2.8
unfamiliarity: 1
submitter guess: cheetory6
submitter: lol -0.1
medals / ICs: gold +2.0 :small_orange_diamond:, chills medal +1.1 :sparkles:

10.0 + 3.1

you'd definitely need to find girls with some gears installed to perform this. instant endorphins from the unbridled 6/8 swag here. reminded me of adrianne lenker's recording of terminal paradise. boobooba boobooba boobooba boobooba. is this keely's first gold medal? the numbers definitely could support a grand slam but i will narrowly choose not to award it. maybe the water would have to have gears in it too.. the comprimises we make..
Spoiler: 2nd: invisibility

enjoyment: 6.2 (4.6/5)
catfit: 2.6
submitter guess: pink ball
submitter: INVISIBILITY GETS 2ND AND NOT 4TH LETS GO
medals / ICs: 2nd place 1.5 :zap:

9.8 + 1.5

for some reason it occurs to me to call this a cheap shot even though the submitter probably doesn't know i'm irish. to be clear, this is a great song, even among the medium amount of irish folk music i've heard.

i really like the clavinet a lot, it does such an immediate rush of excitement (opens up the routine well!) and i get such a huge kick out of the the bass note in the middle of the phrases which is in sequence rather than simultaneous to the right hand. it has the sort of satisfaction of a handbell arrangement that emphasizes and individuates certain notes, which in turn gives it an ensemble feeling that's nice for the synchro idea. more importantly for the ensemble feeling is, i guess, the fact that This is an ensemble, with different instrumental voices and characters and just affords the whole thing a lot of shape that stimulates the visual imagination.

naturally, one imagines the swimmers doing an irish jig, but upside down with the feet slightly out of the water and splashing around. i pictured this immediately and very excitedly. maybe you could have a dress that floats well in the water somehow. i watched a (scottish) jig at this festival i went to recently and this reminded me of a parallel btwn that and synchronized swimming which is the sort of laborious smile you have to keep up for proper form

Spoiler: 3rd: aristophanes

enjoyment: 6 (4.5/5)
catfit: 2.5
submitter guess: aristophanes
submitter: yupz -0.1
medals / ICs: 3rd place 1.2 :eye_in_speech_bubble:

9.4 + 1.2

michael bublé is just such a fun name to say and this could have gotten the laugh out loud medal if not for the fact i've been saying that name to myself intermittently for like 20 years. another fact about michael bublé is that i could never imagine myself putting him in the top 3 of a 24 song category. like he was just some guy out of the factory where they make all the other grammy winners and like why would i listen to him on purpose. i guess i'm still allowed to think that. Anyway this is like really good lol. it is overwrought pop music where they have like 3 different obnoxious instruments accentuating a certain rhythm. the lyrics could come from any of the other latin-influenced white pop of the last 10 years. if you like the millenial whoop, They have it. and of course the song persists in having the juice

this is like an extremely conventional sort of song to have a big dramatic dance routine and is the one i would be least surprised to see in an actual olympic synchro thingy. to wit i was like "ok this is like possibly one of the songs they used at the high school show" and i messaged martha asking if they ever did a michael bublé song and she was like lol no. but like one has to admit that this just has a lot of the stuff you'd want, various lyrics about motion and position and like epic excitement sex love drama et cetera. and it's also like a good song.

noah bublé is listed as a writing credit who appears to be michael bublé's son. i knew he had a ghostwriter
Spoiler: tied 4th: stinkycheesedan

enjoyment: 6.2 (4.6/5)
catfit: 2.3
unfamiliarity: 0.8
submitter guess: invisibility
submitter: DANNY BOY!
medals / ICs: 0.4 tied 4th place :nazar:, 0.1 not on spotify :mute:

9.3 + 0.5

whoooo submitted ayesha erotica lolll. i've listened to one EP from her as well as a smattering of tracks people link on tumblr. generally that would be a 0.9 unfamiliarity except for the bell biv devoe sample. but i'm very happy to be reminded of her

i definitely just laugh a lot listening to this. the synchro imagery adds to it by making me imagine a bunch of people going like :person_doing_cartwheel: whenever she's like "[the c word]" or "everybody knows i shit" or even the dut dutdadut dut dadut dadut bang. "i could give you bjork but i dont think youd understand it" lollll. i just really like how she pronounces words a lot of the time.

it helps a lot that poison is just an eminently danceable tune. the original fortnite dance was like plagiarized from donald faison doing a dance to it for scrubs did you know that. but there's a bit of limitation in how fast and abrupt it is, like you would probably get very tired trying to swim to this.
Spoiler: tied 4th: fireisredsir

enjoyment: 5.9 (4.4+/5)
catfit: 2.4
submitter guess: cdb
submitter: fire is red sir!
medals / ICs: 0.4 tied 4th place :nazar:

9.3 + 0.4

it is like this song is begging me to picture a small body of water teeming and shimmering with life. and i am obliging with an affected begrudging expression. hrumph! it almost goes too far, like you would need 100 swimmers to be working together and each is the size of a frog. so 100 frogs. big whoop there's 100 ponds that each have 100 frogs already doing a synchronized swimming routine to this song. Yes it's good.

the little major-2nd interval harmony is something that also appears in two of the example songs, rotten apple & kites are fun. i suspect there would be like 100 other reasons to submit this song (and they all go "ribbit") but if you happened to catch onto that specific thing, grand kudos.

there should be an invisible cat for songs my friend rebecca. instead all you get is the satisfaction of knowing i'm gonna send this to someone. well i guess i'm sending it to like 23 other people

Spoiler: 6th: chevre

enjoyment: 6.1 (4.5+/5)
catfit: 2.2
submitter guess: i can't guess ametrine can i. ok lets try chev
submitter: sorry bro who else listens to music from current year -0.1
medals / ICs: 0.2 honest songwriting :anchor:

9.2 + 0.2

a song that makes you want to turn up the volume on whatever your device is

pop punk was something i listed as a disliked genre for cat 2 in 2021 and since then i've come around to it as some of the music that has the most fun with, like, the basic word sequencing aspect of songwriting. like they just yank you through all the lyrics of the song in their playful bullying sort of way.

while the general. . . shapeyness of the song isn't especially strong there's a lot of lines i can truly imagine the high school synchro team having a lot of fun trying to do some pantomime about, and otherwise a lot of poppy explosive moments. for that "hope you're ha ving fuuuun" part you would probably have to like try to freeze in place in the water for a second which sounds challenging but like something a good synchro team would want to try to do

the raw charisma of the group does a whole lot of work here. if they really are an industry plant like they say on the internet at least they are quite good. oh wow 2023 release awesome.

Spoiler: 7th: deathrowfroggy

enjoyment: 5.8 (4.4/5)
catfit: 2.4
submitter guess: deathrowkitty
submitter: sorry -0.1
medals / ICs: 0.1 not on spotify :mute:

9.1 + 0.1

the big cascading motions in the melody definitely feel like they would be well represented by a bunch of limbs working together. there's a fast spinning / skipping feeling that you could probably get by like having a bunch of people work together to get somebody to spin and flail around really fast. And there's the segments of slower and more fluid motion for when they get you know tired and dizzy and stuff.

somehow the song creates a feeling of like, where is the surface of the water and when the melody bobs above and below it. maybe i am just describing the time honored phenomenon of the Key Center but i think its different from that

i like the stiff inhales you always hear in solo string recordings. like why do they all do that.

i think i've seen drk warbling around in that gustav holst planets thread or something. probably this will be minjae's favorite song of the cat (or something) but she is needed to be guessed elsewhere

Spoiler: tied 8th: hellbooks

enjoyment: 6.1 (4.5+/5)
catfit: 2.0
submitter guess: PJ.
submitter: hellbuoks dang
medals / ICs:

this is a song i swear on me mum's car i've heard before in spite of it seeming to be like almost entirely unlistened on whatever platform i see it on. this is a symptom of a song belonging to hellbooks who has at various points in time made me listen to songs, and i accidentally found out she has listened to this album. but i had to guess her for something else.

whats that? the actual relevant substance of the song? ugh. i guess it's great. i just kept liking the chorus more as i heard it more times. i like the dramatic use of revolver that's in japanese pop sometimes for some reason. huh, i meant recorder. what did i say. revolver oh. well anyway.

one could imagine a very courtly and dignified synchronized swimming procession around this. very constant and pleasant swaying motion. "badam badam" is like a little sound of legs licking against the surface of the water.

Spoiler: tied 8th: infinity 324

catfit: 2.1
submitter guess: hellbooks
submitter: infinity AWESOME
medals / ICs: +0.3 tony hawk eligible :skateboard:

8.9+0.3

i think that this should be performed by a troupe of beautiful black intelligent women thats sexy so that when he gets to that line they can go like :woman_tipping_hand::skin-tone-5:. there's a lot of lines like that which would enable some sort of gesture, like when he says zodiac sign scorpio there would be like 2 or 3 girls that raise their hand and make a little face. what else what else. when he's like "59-clip cizzartridge you know i'm pizzacking" it sounds like pazaak which is, um, which is the card game from star wars. so maybe the ladies would pretend to be playing cards. (looking around) anyone? alright. Well you get the idea. there's just a lot of imagery and you get excited trying to think of what the intelligent women would do with it. also that like little flick he does with his voice like "i flyipped a Lyeaxi, speed up an Ceatch me" wants to be represented with some excited jerking body movement.

tentatively calling this tony hawk's pro skater elligible. it just sounds like that sort of phonky production and in-the-moment lyrics that they like a lot with those games. the thing that gives me pause is that there's a slightly large amount of bleeping they'd have to do, especially depending on whether they bleep the word bitch which i don't remember.

this is an artist that i know minjae likes a lot and i think that she would send him for this. if i could guess shafted i would throw minjae out the window instantly
Spoiler: tied 8th: MUSHSHAGANA

unfamiliarity: 0.5
submitter guess: wgeurts
submitter: msha!!!!
medals / ICs:

this is a claim that may not be supported by the charts, the history books, millions of people, or my own appraisal of his music, but it nevertheless needs to be said that hamilton was career suicide for this guy.

a lot of good rippling and wiggling and general motion in the beat. "get your ass down to the floor" ok well i hope the pool is reasonably shallow then lol. yeah you can really hear this thing hurgling. and gurgling. you would need to do a lot of tricky kicking and idk like blowing bubbles to get at the jagged rumblings in the production although maybe you just play it in the water with a big bassy speaker and the surface would start to look like a sawtooth wave. Ooh and you could put a big pane of glass on the surface of the water and it would be like audio clipping. ok well then they couldnt get out of the water. Its always something

man the lyrics would be like 30% better if i didnt know they were coming from a theatre kid. And a liberal

i havent listened to this song or this album but subtracting some unfamiliarity points bc clipping got submitted last time

Spoiler: 11th: tris

enjoyment: 5.7 (4.4/5)
submitter guess: tris
submitter: triz. lol get guessed -0.1
medals / ICs:

the whole thing does feel very suspended in water, and a lot of the fun electronics are reminiscent of different ripples on the surface. for the routine itself, the song is maybe slightly lacking in juice but "you give me back... she gives me back..." is ripe for good choreography, like some person gets tossed back and forth btwn two people or otherwise passed through the water. good song. this ended up being the last song i listened to out of 24 which maybe slightly poisoned my ability to think about it in depth. hehe depth.

not the most resounding tris guess but it'll have to do. she kinda sounds like marika.

Spoiler: 12th: isis

enjoyment: 5.5 (4.2+/5)
submitter guess: msha
submitter: isis!
medals / ICs: MUSHSHAGANA award 0.4

8.5 + 0.4

this is sorely missing a lot of hallmarks of a mushshagana submission, specifically being a <2,000 views on youtube, self published 2020s release. but damn if the song and artist titles aren't there.

the really gritty cello pattern greatly pushes the image of people squirming and churning and swaying to it. though, the fact that there's a lot of repetition and not a lot of treble means they have to get a lot of mileage out of, like, writhing underwater for a large portion of the song which is of course difficult and not very spectator friendly. but there's a lot here. ends on a good flair.

Spoiler: tied 13th: aisa

unfamiliarity: 0.2
submitter guess: aisa
submitter: aisa! -0.1
medals / ICs:

ah yes. i definitely thought about paper bag in my initial synchronized swimming bout of ideas especially because of the big ballroom dance choreography in the music video.

this album is represented in my top 110 songs thread, and i listened to it a lot and recognized this song instantly although i probably haven't listened to it in particular more than 4 or 5 times.

her classic glitzy ballroom style orchestration is great for this, one easily imagines a fluttering of leg movement for that initial standup bass + piano segment, there's lots of moments that ramp up in a way that feels very physical (like the big drum thumpies) and want to be represented by some dramaic fwish in the water while everybody thunderously opens up their body posture. and of course the chittering bit at the end is also very splashy

definitely an all around good submission, it's a fairly popular song but you did get a little unlucky that i knew it already

Spoiler: tied 13th: biancospino

enjoyment: 5.5 (4.2+/5)
submitter guess: biancospino
submitter: biancospino! -0.1
medals / ICs:

for the first minute i was like "this sounds pretty cool" and then i looked at the artist name and was like that is not something you would name yourself as a classical composer, when is this gonna turn into that sort of weird metal fusion thing i rarely like. the kicker here is that the non-metal portions of this are like cool and engaging, and then they give you this short intermission of bland metal while they cook up the next segment of the fugue for you i guess. that said the big upward chromatic motion and the drumming towards the end were a good little bit of payoff for the metal instruments

i have to give this credit for feeling like something that they would, like, actually do a synchro routine to in the olympics or whatever. it's got that, idk dramatic eurovisiony vibe, and the rigid segmentation sounds like it would be good pace to set up different styles of choreography to show off.

Spoiler: 15th: ceejayvinoya

enjoyment: 5.6 (4.3/5)
catfit: 1.3
submitter guess: infiny?
submitter: ceejayvinoya!
medals / ICs:

part of what makes me like this is the way the guy vocalist reminds me of the loserly charm of the vocalist of thank, which makes it hilarious that this person is like a Feature. you could not have convinced me that this is a song by gorillaz with hundreds of millions of listens. this song is like sooo farty. i like the "it's coming up it's coming up" thing for the swimming routine, although the swimmers would have to spend a lot of time you know coming up. you'd have to have a coed team for this because the two vocalists Definitely sound like they're going to different locker rooms after this is over

i have never listened to - oh my god i just realized i did listen to a gorillaz album all the way one time and completely forgot about it. ok well i'll still give you a 1 unfamiliarity.

Spoiler: tied 16th: PJ

enjoyment: 5.4 (4.2/5)
catfit: 1.3
submitter guess: complete mystery. fireisredsir
submitter: PJ AWESOME LOL
medals / ICs: je ne sais chat -0.9, paired vocalists +0.5, not on spotify +0.1 :mute:

7.7 - 0.3

this would have gotten a 3.0 in the inscrutable cat from 2021. what is up with: this person's voice, the weird landscape of trance/edm sample stuff, the lyrical content, and, not to invoke the trope of repeating a thing in a list but This person's voice. i might theorize that this person is like a weaboo for french people, with all the vocal idiosyncracies that entails. also apparently he was roommates with oneohtrix point never who is a person that wins the invisible cat for randomly showing up in people's wikipedia pages.

and like, what's the idea in the lyrics. i guess this guy is humbly and chastely admiring the person's sexy body. awesome love wins. all the imagery about body movement invokes the swimming image but doesn't give a lot of ideas for how to choreograph or whatever.

giving this the "je ne sais chat" invisible cat, which is for stuff that evokes some strong feeling deserving of a cat but i didn't already come up with a cat for it. in particular this song almost gives me chills but it's like chills in the heebie jeebies way. Unfortunately for you the first je ne sais chat is worth -0.9 points. as recompense i gave you the borderline paired vocalists cat. it's only the choruses that have it, but i like it a lot & i like that the backing vocalist is like louder during that section (which seems to be more true about this KEXP verison you sent than the album version which i listened to a couple times out of convenience).

guessing the person i know stone cold nothing about as the submitter
Spoiler: tied 16th: wgeurts

catfit: 1.6
unfamiliarity: 0.2
submitter guess: chickadee
submitter: wgeurts.... of course...
medals / ICs: +0.1 track transition (coming from megalovania) :construction_site:

7.7 + 0.1

i refuse to award this the *chills* medal because all of sigur rós' music sounds like they made it for the sole purpose of getting my chills medal. when i say i refuse to award it, i don't mean that i got chills and am withholding the medal but rather that i tensed up my shoulders and gritted my teeth and focused entirely on not getting chills whenever i listened to it. Sorry if there is a possibility that this reflected negatively in the score

while it strikes me that this is definitely a sort of song to inspire one to make a synchronized swimming routine, i don't see it giving one many ideas once you've committed to it. there isn't really motion or a set of features to chew on, it sort of goes up to 100 right away and then quiets down a couple times (though the "hoppipolla" parts work well). relatedly, at the top of the buildups for this song it gives me the image of a large vertical height which is like something thats hard to represent in the synchronized swimming form. man that gay little elf really can sing. (ok i checked jonsi's wikpedia page and it turns out that he is like gay. i didnt know that sorry. Gonna leave the comment)

chickadee has song gamed this and possibly more than once. if someone gallantly stepped in to prevent me from guessing chickadee correctly just like 8 people did in 2021 then so be it.
Spoiler: 18th: skygazer

catfit: 1.2
submitter guess: skygazer
submitter: hiya -0.1
medals / ICs:

80s herbie hancock huh. This Could Literally be anyone. hilariously i got really into his other album mr hands from 1980 because somebody submitted it to a walrus on mafiauniverse. with this song (as with many of his more later-er songs) i'm like very happy that he's having fun with his synthesizers but kinda wish he were making uhhh jazz music.

this makes me imagine a big array of people swimming in the shape of space invaders. otherwise i could imagine people sort of grooving i guess but not in great detail. this and the other song about people being around and having fun in the 80s (referring to people lets dance which was released in 2021 yes)

you would probably like grace jones in case you haven't heard her music

Spoiler: tied 19th: toolenduso

enjoyment: 4.9 (3.9+/5)
catfit: 1.2
submitter guess: tool...?
submitter: tool -0.1
medals / ICs:

sounds like a challenge to do a routine to this bc somebody has to drop underwater until the end of the song every time they're like "and another one must fall down". and then i guess its just over at 3:24 "i watch them all fall down". or maybe they just go :bubbles: for a few moments until the song stops

Spoiler: tied 19th: t3

catfit: 0.7
submitter guess: this has to be majiffy
submitter: T3
medals / ICs:

this like has to be majiffy. right? he has that title and likes rock and roll music???? right??? if this is majiffy he might find it offensive that i kind of don't like the mixing of this. he would be like Oh you can't say that. the guitar feels, like, a little problematically indistinct or something. its not as bad with my bigger headphones.

the song kinda feels more like a constant forward movement than a dance to me. like if i'm picturing someone swimming to this they're swimming laps for sure. you could maybe build a routine for this song by having them do it while going with the flow in a river with a fast current but that's like mental effort to imagine that which i do not naturally do from the song.

i listened to their self titled album a couple weeks ago and since that was after i opened the thread you will not have the horrible penalty of losing 0.1 points of unfamiliarity. i liked that album a little better than i like this. Thats right i like their first album more. although it barely counts as a first album since like all of these people were already mid career musicians or something. "stoner rock" is maybe a pair of words you could use to most efficiently repel me from wanting to listen to something.

Spoiler: 21st: majiffy

enjoyment: 4.5 (3.7+/5)
catfit: 1.1
submitter guess: isis?
submitter: majiffy
medals / ICs:

cmon guys you can't have a metal name like that and then make this music. um not much to say about this one. it's got a bunch of those lines that you would want to interpret with a few funny little moves. it. there's just a problematically low level of juice

In January 2010, it was revealed that former turntablist Gavin "DJ Lyfe" Koppell threatened current turntablist Chris Kilmore in a store on December 28, 2009. Kilmore, who replaced Gavin Koppell in 1998, claimed that Koppell, "asked me to fight him right there and raised his fists to me."[25]

Spoiler: 22nd: channeldelibird

enjoyment: 4.9 (3.9+/5)
catfit: 0.5
unfamiliarity: 0.9
submitter guess: This. Could. Feasibly be stinkycheesedan
submitter: channel delibird
medals / ICs:

i guess there's not much rhythmic intrigue here, and overall its just not very inspiring. like people would do a synchronized swimming routine to it ONLY because the song is telling them to dance and not because they are possessed by the spirit. i like the lead vocalist and the big "come, dancennn...." hook.

listened to some other album of this group that i apparently didn't like.

unfortunately it looks like there's some sort of synchronized dancing thing in the music video & i don't watch the music videos and/or factor them into my score
Spoiler: 23rd: pink ball

enjoyment: 4.4 (3.7/5)
catfit: 1.4
unfamiliarity: 0
submitter guess: ceejayvinoya
submitter: pink ball sorry... oh yeah i remember that you have the dog in your avatar sometimes
medals / ICs: +0.1 track transition (going into hoppipolla) :construction_site:

5.8 + 0.1

the stairway to heaven of the undertale soundtrack. the problem is that i don't like how this is like the epic song about murdering sans. ok well i don't want to do that. and out of that resentment it kind of occurs to me to be like "no you can't synchronized swim to this." but one has to admit there's a lot to work with.
Spoiler: 24th: chickadee

enjoyment: 2.7 (2.7/5)
catfit: 0.8
unfamiliarity: 0
submitter guess: T3
submitter: CHICKADEE?????? LOL sorry
medals / ICs:

bwuhhh this song. so when i was growing up my older brother usually had, like, Ownership of the computer that we would use to play our special computer games and so usually he would get first dibs to play it and i would wanna sit in the room to watch and so he would use this as an opportunity to make me listen to the his annoying music. the primary songs i remember from this era are boston more than a feeling, the cars just what i needed, and the fratellis chelsea dagger. i think its cool when people do big pop songs for this game, especially with songs that i haven't listened to on purpose / with headphones, unfortunately not a lucky swing here. kinda like that last bridge toward the end

the lines with "little steven and joanna round the back of my hotel" would be pantomimed well, However those are like the moments where i make a :confounded: face the strongest

i think it's really awesome that the url has sEXHeT. the submitter may like to be reminded that your lowest score gets dropped.

Spoiler: listening order
Last edited by schadd_ on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by schadd_ »

the reveal wallpost remains the same height as walrus 1 because of my new strategy of cramming all the spoiler= tags together like an irish catholic family photo
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by schadd_ »

SIX INVISIBLE CATS HAVE CHOSEN TO REVEAL THEMSELVES THIS DAY!
paired vocalists
:
0.5 pts
/ 0.5 pts / 0.5 pts / 0.4 pts / 0.4 pts / 0.4 pts
:arrow_right_hook: reanimating a cat from 2021. this is for a good pairing of vocalists.
honest songwriting
:
0.2 pts
/ 0.2 pts / 0.2 pts / -0.1 pts / 0.8 pts / 1.3 pts
:arrow_right_hook: for when the simple act of arranging words onto a melody is done well.
je ne sais chat
:
-0.9 pts
/ 0.3 pts / 0.5 pts / 0.9 pts
:arrow_right_hook: for when something is deserving of invisible cat points for a sharp and specific reason not otherwise covered.
good track transitions
:
0.1 pts
/ 0.2 pts / 0.4 pts / 0.8 pts (each)
:arrow_right_hook: when one song transitions into another song & makes me go "ooh!"
not on spotify
: eternal 0.1pts
:arrow_right_hook: this is because i don't really listen to things in sequence if they aren't on spotify & so they can't get the transition cat. and spiritually i think unspotified songs deserve credit.
tony hawk eligible
:
0.3 pts
/ 0.4 pts / 0.5 pts / -0.1 pts / 0.7 pts
:arrow_right_hook: for underrated punk/metal/hip hop songs from the 90s-early 2000s that have a certain iconic charm, still work no matter when you start paying attention to them & don't have too many swear words they have to bleep out
free darius mccollum

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I figured I might scoot by uncaught with clipping., but the chances you'll miss me for the rest are zero. Nil. Impossible.
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by tris »

good track transitions is a cool one. i would definitely notice those sometimes in my and hellbooks's walrus. its fun how thats something that is just a quirk of the randomized order they ended up in.
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by tris »

here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by tris »

here's what it says
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

3rd place? Amazing start! =D

I have a feeling I will be guessed as submitter for a good portion of my songs, and I'm okay with that.
Really glad you enjoyed it! This song has been stuck in my head on and off for months and I knew it was a great fit for this cat as soon as I read it!

There were some great songs here, I enjoyed listening through! I hope I can make it to the next live reveal :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:22 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I definitely just tossed off People, Let's Dance as a 'boy, I dunno what to do with this category' precisely because the dancers in the video made me think of synchronised swimming. Happy to have that one out of the way!
#greenshirtthursdays
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I did better than I thought with this one! I was hoping an eye-roll and a guilty chuckle.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:56 am

Post by Invisibility »

I knew that buying an Irish radar would someday be worth it