Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1547, curiouskarmadog wrote: BAH...

MYABE they are legitimately busy. looks like they arent posting anywhere else and "/out" of a newbie game.

disregard the above post I guess.
I don't really see replacements as AI like this being either 'scummy' or 'fair enough'. Greeting's posting and pushes this game have been scummy to me so their replacement starts with some negative credit with me. Klick less so but still lost some of the townread I had on him earlier just through lack of posting.
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:09 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1551, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1547, curiouskarmadog wrote: BAH...

MYABE they are legitimately busy. looks like they arent posting anywhere else and "/out" of a newbie game.

disregard the above post I guess.
I don't really see replacements as AI like this being either 'scummy' or 'fair enough'. Greeting's posting and pushes this game have been scummy to me so their replacement starts with some negative credit with me. Klick less so but still lost some of the townread I had on him earlier just through lack of posting.
Yea replacements can be done for any reason so I don't think it's worth reading into the replacement itself at all. Tho reads on the slot pre-replacement should be carried over until the replacement does something to change that read.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:33 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

yeah yeah yeah, I know.

I just thought it was funny-ish.

but I checked anyway, and wanted to clarify.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:36 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1545, curiouskarmadog wrote: man I posted this twice by accident, but still didnt acknowledge.
In post 1500, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1493, geraintm wrote:
In post 1479, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1477, geraintm wrote: @oopps

Yeah, I could sew a vote for Furtive.
There is an attempt at content and reads, but it doesn't look good, plucking names out of the air with zero to back it up.
This is outrageously hypocritical.
Sorta yes.
I hadn't been trying to make reads on people though , I was just being useless
why not replace out?
This is day 2. A BUNCH of shit has gone one....still no thoughts?
I have given some?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:40 am

Are you voting someone?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:00 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1555, curiouskarmadog wrote: Are you voting someone?
No
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:14 am

why?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1499, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1482, Morning Tweet wrote: Gera/Klick/IDK
you think that is the scum pairings? really?
That pairing was goated 3 pages ago IDK what ur insinuating rlly
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

UNVOTE: Gera

Thats about the most explanatyion of his thoughts ive ever seen from Gera ever
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1517, Emperor flippyNips wrote: lol I wasn’t on a list till I started talking. I may as well keep ghosting
Do you want to find scum or stay off peoples lists?

or are you going to assist while ghosting somehow
Spoiler: emp x HEM
In post 1518, Emperor flippyNips wrote: This game has been moving by quick and every time I start to catch up and check in I get busy and then there’s like 5 more pages on top of what i already needed to read
In post 1519, humaneatingmonkey wrote: stop catching up and be present instead
In post 1520, Emperor flippyNips wrote: I am trying to hang out more so this is what im doing but yeah. Sometimes im busy for a couple hours and end up pages behind. Guess I could just go to the current page and be like “what’s the haps” and whatever whatever
In post 1521, humaneatingmonkey wrote: who do you really want out man? I'm kinda getting the vibe that you're easy to recruit into just any wagon.
In post 1522, Emperor flippyNips wrote: Ehh not completely but I guess you’re kinda right. I wouldn’t vote daisy now, won’t vote you, won’t vote karma. Everyone else in just meh on
In post 1524, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1522, Emperor flippyNips wrote: Ehh not completely but I guess you’re kinda right. I wouldn’t vote daisy now, won’t vote you, won’t vote karma. Everyone else in just meh on
i think i have a good karma town case. what's yours?
i don't think i have a good daisy town case. i don't underestimate players. also want your thoughts here. I'm paranoid on this slot being scum.
In post 1525, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1523, OopsieDaisy wrote: Issue is I don't rly trust you right now so you trusting Furtive doesn't do much to ease my nerves around that slot.
why do you have us as a group?

I was going to vote EMp maybe but I kind of like this contribution from him sigh. Not really sure how he'd play as scum though

Probably mmmm

VOTE: Klick This is a cop-out since Klick isn't here but i fee l very reasonable betting on this
In post 1526, geraintm wrote: Any wagon on me won't go through today. Scum know that the push is just because I appear An easy elimination , but they'll have to explain themselves tomorrow when I flip green.
They won't be able to.
They'll save me for later in the game and assume they can get me then and take out a stronger player now.
(As Emperor said it'd be town and scum voting you together likely) so are you insinuating that scum leads it or follows it? If I voted town!you out I probably wouldnt skip a beat

This sucks! Scum is either trying or not here or both kind of probably.

Im not sure
Spoiler: Daisy's reasoning
In post 1531, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1530, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1523, OopsieDaisy wrote: elements/clidd/emperor/furtive/hem as a group
I meant this daisy
Oo, you cut it out of the quote in the other post so assumed you wanted to talk about the pairing.

You were the 5 to follow-up with your Gera scumreads/voicing a want to vote there after Tweet's vote and post.
In post 1532, OopsieDaisy wrote: I'll give Furtive points for pointing out the hypocrisy in Gera's post before Tweet's vote tho, I'm aware of that and it shows he's engaging.

I think the idea of voting out within players who voiced support for Gera after i put it forth is fundamentally flawed? That just seems too arbitrary. Why does scum do that more likely than not? Klick/Greeting literally couldnt have and like, more than just furtive have probably established they would vote Gera before now so removing furtive also feels abritrary as hell

Also I mean I'm excluded cause i went first?

My first reaction was Daisy was using a distinct way of going abt this and it seemed genuine. i dont agree with your methodology but i can see it enough. And it's not like Daisy is basing their reads off wagonomics or anything, i like Daisy's analysis a lot of gera/klick/emp.. Mm

Spoiler: questions i have for ppl (i reiterate these at the bottom)
@Elem ents
Have you had any recent thoughts about Daisy?

@Emperor
How do you play scum?

@clidd
Has your opinion of furtive changed at all throughout this day phase?

@greeetinng fuck

@Klick Are you scum

HEY Fuck it
@Daisy
Was that the reaction you were expecting from Ele?

@furtive
How does it feel being this towny you make it look easy man

@HEM
I think the way you're playing today has been pretty effective out of what we've been able to get proobabllyyy

@curious
In post 1548, curiouskarmadog wrote: still think the slot of scummy.

I do not believe that Greetings thought my "walls of text" was a scum ploy. Even after showing them where I have done it multiple times, they would back down.

I also dont believe they thought my reads lists was contentless and mostly null.

they were stretching for reasons to vote me.

I also think OD is scum (again sorry dear).

consider my vote on both of them.
OD/Greeting pairing is GOATed if you're right and i take back

---------------------------

Reviewing the game I feel very reasonably confident HEM and curious are good guys.

Furtive is really towny

Spoiler: Insanely long and unhelpful Daisy tangent
Daisy is actually consistently throwing me off but I always end up judging probably town. You don't feel the same to me I actually think your reads might be tactical, like you ended up putting Emperor higher than Klick in your lim pool despite Emperor having things going for him because... of what exactly (1472) ? I"m also not so sure about your furtive/HEM team solve..

Daisy on furtive
In post 1508, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1506, furtiveglance wrote: I could vote geraint, or Greeting's replacement.

I just don't get why everyone else seems to think clidd is town - I feel like he's playing it really safe right now.
Isn't most of the group playing it safe right now? Look at how quickly everyone has just fallen in line to vote out Gera as soon as Tweet's post about him happened.

I understand that point applies to Clidd but Clidd was actually providing what I considered to be decently strong content Day 1 compared to a lot of other players.
In post 1510, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1509, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i thought clidd's day 1 content is actually bad
Ok, but I still feel Furtive's main point about how Clidd "playing it safe" makes him scum is sorta nulled out by the sheer amount of people doing that right now.
In post 1429, OopsieDaisy wrote: Furtive is a slot I scumread harder myself because of meta reasons, however my confidence in my reads is not very high at all right now and I'm doubting myself on a lot of judgements. It feels like Furtive has been very careful to not rock the boat and impact the game super hard, and that isn't the Furtive I know. I expect stronger reads and more commitment, it's just I know the forum format can mess with this meta read I have from irl play.

Greeting is a slot that I also feel is a very viable scum candidate, mainly due to how they were positioned in Day 1 (pushing the Karma wagon is still something I'm not a fan of), and voices that I currently trust in this game (Karma/Clidd) are wanting a push here.

I also don't have a great read on HEM rn and I think HEM pairs much better with Furtive than he does with Greeting, since HEM was showing willingness to follow people onto a Greeting vote if need be despite the read he had on Roden at the end of Day 1.

Yea thinking about all of the above, I should be on Furtive I just switched cause of a lack of confidence in myself and that's weak sauce.

UNVOTE: Greeting
VOTE: Furtive
In post 1430, OopsieDaisy wrote: The positioning point that makes me sus of Greeting also applies exactly to Furtive too, so I'm not seeing a reason for me to scumread Greeting over Furtive bar the situation regarding his read on Karma today, which kinda feels like a repeat of RvH with the whole lying about meta point.
In post 1431, OopsieDaisy wrote: Currently the only hole I see in my argument is that Furtive has now actually started to commit to what I consider a strong push, but that's against Greeting and the day is very much shaping up to have those two be top wagons so the push from Furtive feels like a necessity moreso than something naturally born from scumhunting.
All of this doesn't quite do it for me and hear me out ::

Read all of Daisys D2 not just what i quoted

I feeeeel like Oopsie is almost forcing the furtive scumread and her reads as a wholle are kind of METHODICAL. It's crazy but i think she could be deflecting away from {clidd or greeting or Klick} and towards {Emperor/gera (a little)/HEM/furtive}. Maybe.

So basically I'm reading Oopsie's paranoia towards furtive/HEM as kind of underexplained yet overblown, and i dont know why Emperor and Gera trump Klick (plus why Greeting/clidd arent considerations. Clidd for strong D1 and Greeting for not voting gera (but he wasn't here))

Greeting, Clidd, and Elemments all impress town on me but like only sometimes. Plus Emp, can't forget Emp. I'm not good at reading the first three and I have no idea of Emperor's play outside of Magic Girls.

Klick's gotta be scum for certain I'm balling

Spoiler: list
{curious}
{HEM}

{furtive}

{gera} (I fucking forgot gera. Um some of my confidence PoE wise feels dumb cause I'm not really confident about him being town although I def more think he is)

{Daisy}

{elements, Emperor}
{Clidd, Greeting}

{Klick}

---------------------------

tldr: JUST READ THIS

@gera
Why do you assume that scum has to vote you, and like, how are you expecting the town to explain themselves tomorrow from a gera!town lim?

@Elem ents
Have you had any recent thoughts about Daisy?

@Emperor
How do you play scum?

@Daisy
Was that the reaction you were expecting from Ele (after voting him)?
Also
@
Daisy
To clarify, you were thinking Gera > Emperor > Klick in terms of lim order (not towniness) in . With that out of that way, why'd you r Emperor read degrade below Klick and why does furtive/HEM interfere with your read of clidd/elements/emp (not to mention Greeting being excluded due to the gera wagon technique)

I saw your mention () of Magic Girls' D1 flash wagon. That happened largely because me Ele and STD voted together to boost up wagons artificially. That's true, but like -- the only similarity here is wagon speed (technically not even wagon speed, this was more like consensus speed), we can't be distrustful specifically of {the pool of people who voiced approval of gera!scum in this timeframe} due to {scum can flash wagon}

If me and Ele are doing the same thing we did last time, and you townread me but scumread Elements, aren't you assuming its not AI for me but AI for Ele? Granted i mean, it could be Ele, I just dont see the connection at all and how that drove your pick

I feel like town controlled the status quo this game (Roden/curious) D1 and scum didnt need to alter it. In that game scum more or less threw all of their votes on the early wagons because they could. the games already feel very different to me cause i think its more of a posturing game by scum who know town is going down. I guess... thats assuming HEM is town though.

I am devoting a large portion of my time to trying to decipher the alignment of your thought process today and still don't have confidence either way
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1560, Morning Tweet wrote:
@Daisy
Was that the reaction you were expecting from Ele (after voting them)?
Yea the reaction checks out. I felt like I'd heard the "you don't believe in that read" defence before and scrambled to 2302 to try and find it, but nothing came up so it's probably something that's come up in other games of ours. I did also have the read from the flash wagon of 2302 leaning into my deteriorating read of Elements' slot (nothing they've done today has pinged me as town at all), and my extra motivation was that I wanted to see if the group would have any sort of reaction to me pushing Elements. Who'd be for it, who'd be against it, and who wouldn't care. Tho sadly, I think p much everyone is in that final category.

In post 1560, Morning Tweet wrote: @
Daisy
To clarify, you were thinking Gera > Emperor > Klick in terms of lim order (not towniness) in . With that out of that way, why'd you r Emperor read degrade below Klick and why does furtive/HEM interfere with your read of clidd/elements/emp (not to mention Greeting being excluded due to the gera wagon technique)
Ooo no I meant Gera was most townie to me, then Emperor, then Klick.

I don't understand the rest of this question, but the answer is probably paranoia lol.
In post 1560, Morning Tweet wrote: I saw your mention () of Magic Girls' D1 flash wagon. That happened largely because me Ele and STD voted together to boost up wagons artificially. That's true, but like -- the only similarity here is wagon speed (technically not even wagon speed, this was more like consensus speed), we can't be distrustful specifically of {the pool of people who voiced approval of gera!scum in this timeframe} due to {scum can flash wagon}
Yea it's the consensus speed that is ringing alarm bells in my head because it felt similar to me in how quickly public opinion changed on Gera. Or at least, how vocal people wanted to be about it changed.
In post 1560, Morning Tweet wrote: If me and Ele are doing the same thing we did last time, and you townread me but scumread Elements, aren't you assuming its not AI for me but AI for Ele? Granted i mean, it could be Ele, I just dont see the connection at all and how that drove your pick
I do think it's AI for you, but you've done enough strong townplay in this game that I'm happy to maintain that townread despite the turn onto Gera. Your reads are dynamic + believable, you're contributing a strong amount, your attitude this Day 2 is night and day compared to 2302's Day 2. I'm not gonna throw that read away based on one move I don't like.

Elements I picked cause of PoE. I don't trust Furtive or HEM right now, but I'm finding myself struggling to articulate exactly why? I don't want to call what I have a gut read because I think it cheapens my read on those two, but I'm getting pinged hard. Furtive has been playing against his irl town meta for the majority of this game, and HEM's defence of him Day 1 was something I didn't buy. Unfortunately because I'm struggling to communicate/make sense of my reads on these slots, I think if I keep pushing there it won't help the state of the game and will just turn the game into a confusing scrap.

I didn't vote Clidd because that was Furtive/HEM's preferred option and whilst I admit my reasoning on those two isn't 100% rock solid, I'm not gonna completely distrust my gut because of it.

This left Emperor and Elements, and as I was weighing up these two Elements jumped onto Emperor, which I didn't like alongside the 2302 stuff. It seemed to me like Elements was trying to jump the gun on who makes the decision of which wagons are the viable ones out of that limpool. So yea, I voted Elements.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

Wiki page
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

To answer your question MT, it's because the bar for towniness is on the floor this game.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm

Post by geraintm »

@ Morning Tweet

"@gera Why do you assume that scum has to vote you, and like, how are you expecting the town to explain themselves tomorrow from a gera!town lim?"
i
because i just assume scum would have to vote for me, i think i've played with enough people in this game that a 100% town majority to vote me off isn't going to happen.

town would just go "dur, geraint is useless, lets vote them out" because i know i havent done anything scummy they can really point to, it would just have to be a vibe thing
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:16 am

In post 1558, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1499, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1482, Morning Tweet wrote: Gera/Klick/IDK
you think that is the scum pairings? really?
That pairing was goated 3 pages ago IDK what ur insinuating rlly
that it seems like an easy pairing based on...well nothing as one is a lurker and the other isnt posting. seems like the easiest thing to do to avoid YOUR suspicion is just to post.

I am having trouble believing this. I guess you covered yourself with the addition of "IDK"
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:19 am

In post 1560, Morning Tweet wrote:

Probably mmmm

VOTE: Klick This is a cop-out since Klick isn't here but i fee l very reasonable betting on this

this person hasnt posted site wide since 07/05. but you felt like THIS was the best use of your vote? Why do you feel Klick is scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:24 am

Post by Elements »

@Elem ents Have you had any recent thoughts about Daisy?
I think she just town
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:24 am

Post by Elements »

CKD, daisy, tweet
My top town reads
All my completed games
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:41 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

@El who's scum?
Show

Wiki page
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Elements »

Idk, I'm still on holiday so I haven't re-read anything, just been keeping up to date so I don't have to catch up a whole bunch
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Elements »

But probably greeting and furtive
All my completed games
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:19 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

elements! that's so surprising that you think greeting and furtive may be aligned together
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Elements »

In post 1571, humaneatingmonkey wrote: elements! that's so surprising that you think greeting and furtive may be aligned together
I'm sensing sarcasm
All my completed games
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:45 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

do you think they're acting like partners today?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Elements »

In post 1569, Elements wrote: Idk, I'm still on holiday so I haven't re-read anything, just been keeping up to date so I don't have to catch up a whole bunch
^
All my completed games

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”