NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 948, Hu Tao wrote: The more I think about it I don't get this game anymore. I'm not sure if it was a bodyguard or vig who did the kill. Not sure what scum has to balance the fact that we likely have lots of bodyguards. Not sure how HEMs role would fit in any of that. I'm assuming scum probably has a bodyguard if that's possible if we have a vig? Too many thoughts for end of day. Either way I'm not against just getting rid of N_M anyway.
The best thing to do when mech is confusing is to shut your ears and go LALALA. Then vote whoever is playing scummy.

I felt HEM was and has been playing scummy.
VOTE: humaneatingmonkey
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:13 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 948, Hu Tao wrote: The more I think about it I don't get this game anymore. I'm not sure if it was a bodyguard or vig who did the kill. Not sure what scum has to balance the fact that we likely have lots of bodyguards. Not sure how HEMs role would fit in any of that. I'm assuming scum probably has a bodyguard if that's possible if we have a vig? Too many thoughts for end of day. Either way I'm not against just getting rid of N_M anyway.
Only vig and vengful cause extra NK in normal games and t3 wasnt vengful. so a second town nk or a scum nk is always 100% the result of a vig in normal games if no vengeful was executed the day prior.
Also bg actualy dont stop a kill but simply redirect it so its not as strong as a doctor. So as long as town has the normal level of town power then a one shot strongman and secondary minor role. Then the game will be balanced. I assume the balance is based on bg potentialy getting in the way of the vig and bg getting the way of scum desired kill. With the strong man there to get rid of important townies.

I doubt scum has a bodyguard as it provides no value for them. As they will only exchange one lost scum for another. And its a bit convoluted just for a poor fake claim.

NA NM exe is always a waste here. At this stage you always want the most informative execution. while nm gives no info and only has odds of 1 in 5 to be scum. If we are at elo-1 then thats teh time for executions like NM
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I was also considering that in a scum!HEM world that they might just be a rolecop or something but they thought they had to modify their role so it seemed townier and decided for bodyguard finder since bodyguard is already confirmed to be in this setup.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:37 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

hey hey hey im here
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:38 am

guysss it's not that hard. vote me later once you vote out n_m. it's nooooot thaaaaat haaaaard
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:39 am

Sure my flip will be informative but this isn't really the only day to do it. Flip me once you flip n_m.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:41 am

In post 930, Invisibility wrote: Still the fact that HEM can't concretely justify
I can concretely justify it. STD has been lurking in and out, not adding fire to Espe vs Monkey when he could have. He was trying to cool it down. With Random Nurse's involvement in that whole thing, this makes him likely town. His playstyle makes him feel like PR. This game has bodyguards on it. It's not a hard thought process.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:44 am

An N_M flip is NOT a waste. An N_M flip is NECESSARY to continue this game. It's a slot that puts us at a disadvantage. It promises to auto-hammer. AND IT GIVES US NOTHING.

WHY would you not want to keep a potential pro-town role/loud spewing scum for A DAY MORE to see what other information you might be missing? Like an N_M flip and a night kill?

Reminder that N_M can ALSO be scum who is lurking and there can potentially be only ONE active scum playing among us and the best way to know that is eliminate him right now.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:46 am

In post 931, bob3141 wrote: Since you got to e-1 the first time you have hard spewed as scum.

The last line couldnt be more of hard scum claim. The fact your trying to pass your self as confirmed couldnt be more scummy. It doesnt even confirm your role let alone your alignment. What you claimed is even easier to fake than a vannila cop fake claim
Suuuure, if I'm scum then I'm hard spewing. Make this even EASIER to solve Day 4. Eliminate N_M on Day 2 and eliminate "spewing scum" on Day 3. I'll spew even harder by then.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:47 am

In post 934, Save The Dragons wrote: HEM did you say why you have Peregrine in your solve? i kind of want to know this.
I'm looking for slots who were fuelling HEM vs Espeonage and Peregrine being flaky towards the end and still hammering T3 might have been a sign he was scum.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: Not_mafia
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:50 am

And if I'm sounding like I'm desperately defending myself to avoid elimination, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING.

I have no idea how "low info" N_M's flip is going to be once we put votes in it and HAVE IT FLIPPED. That's like full info. No major backsies. We will know everything we need about this slot.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 958, humaneatingmonkey wrote: WHY would you not want to keep a potential pro-town role/loud spewing scum for A DAY MORE to see what other information you might be missing?
what if you're a good scumrole and you think you can buy yourself one more night action? How should we weigh that possibility?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Invisibility »

like yeah we will most likely flip N_M at some point but I don't think the arguments for doing it right now in lieu of you are very compelling
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 942, Hu Tao wrote: UNVOTE:

I actually think std is scum now. But I know we probably won't have enough votes for it
where does STD being scum leave HEM?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:10 am

i'll do a magic trick. I'll target someone who volunteers and I'll tell the result here. I thought we already had that covered by me targeting Norwee? It doesn't have to be Norwee. Someone else can volunteer.

If I'm scum, it's in my best interest to stick to this assignment because I will probably die if I lie and get found.

I already demonstrated that I am a bodyguard finder by saying that STD is not a bodyguard. If scum, that was a gamble (or I spewed my partner by involving him into this mess). Let me demonstrate it again.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:10 am

In post 964, Invisibility wrote: I don't think the arguments for doing it right now in lieu of you are very compelling
why is it not very compelling? what have i said about eliminating N_M first before me isn't true?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Roden »

:yawn:
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:18 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 967, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 964, Invisibility wrote: I don't think the arguments for doing it right now in lieu of you are very compelling
why is it not very compelling? what have i said about eliminating N_M first before me isn't true?
I would consider it a very deep insult from me to even consider your town at the moment :-P

If NM is scum you always kill his partners. If you were town you would of focused on your other scum reads.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:26 am

No, that's a truism that doesn't make any sense. Where are these partners that we kill and how do we find them?

If N_M is scum, we switch from looking for partners to looking for a lone wolf. Do you THINK I'm N_M's partner? And if so, why not confirm that worldview by killing N_M?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:29 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 970, humaneatingmonkey wrote: No, that's a truism that doesn't make any sense. Where are these partners that we kill and how do we find them?

If N_M is scum, we switch from looking for partners to looking for a lone wolf. Do you THINK I'm N_M's partner? And if so, why not confirm that worldview by killing N_M?
lol ill have to give it to you obviously have good work effic when your scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:32 am

Absolutely frustrating.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 am

It's nooooooot thaaaaaaat haaaaaaard.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 967, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
I don't think N_M's alignment really helps us sort you and I don't see the value in testing your role. Even if it does exist that doesn't say much about your alignment

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”