Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You are a
Newspaper journalist
. Your post restriction is that you have to misquote another player twice every day, by removing or adding the word "no, not, etc." to make a statement totally opposite. You can't tell anyone this post restriction, or misquote all over the place to make it obvious it's a post restriction. You win if all this misquoting doesn't get you lynched. You have no allegiance.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are
not explained whatsoever in this role PM
. You have your role abilities and restrictions, and you win when you win.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You have been
Time-Shifted a day Later
. Everyone else thinks the game just started, but you're on day 2. Someone has already been lynched, and only you seem to remember it.

You must act as if the events that are going to occur from the other players have already past in your timeline. References to day 1 must be in the past tense, and you must pretend someone has been lynched and some night actions have been taken from the day the other players are in. If a player you "remember" getting lynched or having died did not die on that day, you will be lost in time (death and loss). Same goes for past night actions and public discussion thereof. You win if you survive until the end of the game.
Mod notes:

Time-Shifter is unlynchable day 1 and immune to all actions night 1, s/he isn't really there, yet... The Time-Shifter's votes count on the day they are cast in his/her timeline (for changing votes, length of time from the start of the day is measured). If the Time-Shifter dies via lynch or night kill, all time-shift posts after the game day in which the death occurs are deleted. The hammer/killer is warped into the same future state, but retains his/her previous win condition (lost in time is not a loss). Any post night 1 actions performed on the Time-Shifter warps the actor to the same future state before the action is resolved, but the actor retains the previous win condition (lost in time is not a loss).

Edit: If a time-shifted player is alive on the last possible day in the normal timeline, s/he must congratulate the winning side and discuss the postgame as if all roles had been revealed.

I think with a little extra added bastard moddery, the role above would be interesting.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Korts »

You
Don't Have a Rolename
. You have no idea what kind of theme this game is, or if it is a theme at all. Other players may or may not have rolenames. You have no special abilities; you win if you are the first player to be wagoned to Lynch -1 and also survive to the endgame.
scumchat never die
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:11 am

Post by TonyMontana »

You are
Thrillseeker
. You enjoy living on the edge, and have to get to L-1 every day without getting lynched. Should you not be able to get to L-1, you will commit suicide the following night. You win by yourself if you reach L-1 on the last day.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are Thrillseeker. You enjoy living on the edge, and have to get to L-1 every day without getting lynched. Should you not be able to get to L-1, you will commit suicide the following night. You win by yourself if you reach L-1 on the last day.
Provided they somehow live to L-1 for the rest of the days, that wincon is basically "Vote self in F3. I win"
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

You are a
Paranoid Roleblocker
. Any player who targets you will instead be roleblocked for the night.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

LlamaFluff wrote:
You are a
Paranoid Roleblocker
. Any player who targets you will instead be roleblocked for the night.
This role already exists. I was one before. It is called
Reflex Roleblocker
and is actually a pretty good role. You can't be vigged or killed by the mafia since they will be blocked and you can confirm yourself to any power role by making their action fail.

This role does NOT belong in this thread since it is actually pretty cool to be untouchable especially if you are a
Mafia Reflex Role Blocker
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:09 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

You are
???????
AYu have no clue what you are. You have to answer questions correctly to get your role, if you don't get the questions right, you don't get your role. You cannot win untill you get your role.

mod note: NO QUESTIONS!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Reflex Roleblocker? You must have gotten that on IRC. It can appear randomly if the bot takes a normal roleblocker and adds the "reflex" template.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xylthixlm wrote:Reflex Roleblocker? You must have gotten that on IRC. It can appear randomly if the bot takes a normal roleblocker and adds the "reflex" template.
Yes. Also I thought you were in that game as our cop. Happened along time ago so you might not remember it. Hell I don't even remember who was scum scept they were pissed they could never kill me.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Narsis »

Shadow Martyr

Role PM:
You are a
Martyr
. Once during the game you may choose a person. If that person is lynched or nk'd, you die in their place saving them. This only blocks one kill action.

You win with the town.
Mod note: His martyr action fails. He then becomes a regular townie.
Mafia Revealer

Role PM:
You are a
Mafia Revealer
. During the night you must give me the name of one of your surviving mafia members. At the start of the next day he is revealed to be mafia. If you fail to send in a name, then you will be revealed as mafia. If you have already been revealed as mafia and fail to send in a name, then a random non-revealed mafia is revealed. You are also immune to your mafia's night kill.

You win with the mafia.
Depressed Vig

Role PM:
You are a
Depressed Vig
. Each night you may send in a name. You will then attempt to nk the person. However, there is a slight problem: at the start of night 1, you will commit suicide.

You win with the town.
Those are just a few roles I made up. If they have been mentioned before then I apoligize as I'm not about to read 64 pages.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Booker »

You are a
Time Traveler
. At any point, as many times as you want, you may travel back in time to observe past events. However, to prevent time paradoxes, you're unable to change anything that happened before you entered your time machine during the trip. Also, since you do get bored like any other human being and have no idea where to start looking, you're unable to observe any night actions. You win with the town.
Modnote: He can read the thread.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Booker wrote:You are a
Time Traveler
. At any point, as many times as you want, you may travel back in time to observe past events. However, to prevent time paradoxes, you're unable to change anything that happened before you entered your time machine during the trip. Also, since you do get bored like any other human being and have no idea where to start looking, you're unable to observe any night actions. You win with the town.
Modnote: He can read the thread.
I love it. Now thats a good way to be considered Vanilla and yet when your role name is revealed at death, no one will think you were vanilla
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Booker »

You
Steal Kills
. It's what you do. If anyone is put to lynch -1, and you're not voting them, your vote will automatically change to that person. Every night, you may target one player. If that player kills someone, or is killed by someone, you are given credit for the resulting death. You win when you kill at least [game-size divided by three] people. Also, the mod will refer to your role-name in shorthand (SK) whenever he mentions it.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Fruktfisk
Fruktfisk
Ninja
Fruktfisk
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Fruktfisk »

You are a
Complete Retard
. Every day, you must vote to lynch yourself. Also, you must not reveal your role under any circumstances.
[center]//[color=#FF33DD]Th[/color][color=#FF33AA]e w[/color][color=#FF2266]ar[/color][color=#FF1222]rio[/color][color=#DA3610]r o[/color][color=#9EAA33]f I[/color][color=#88AD40]s[/color][color=#9FCA44]ol[/color][color=#B9AA33]a[/color]
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Alduskkel »

And how does that role win?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:26 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Alduskkel wrote:And how does that role win?
Making it to the endgame, I'd think.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You are
consciencious SK
. You compulsively kill someone every night, but then you feel guilty and must confess that you are a serial killer to someone besides your NK target. PM the name of you NK target and who you will dump your guilty feelings on. The mafia's kill comes in after your confession, so choose wisely..

This is really hard, yet possible, to win with.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Fruktfisk
Fruktfisk
Ninja
Fruktfisk
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Fruktfisk »

animorpherv1 wrote:
The Retard Is Pro-town.
[center]//[color=#FF33DD]Th[/color][color=#FF33AA]e w[/color][color=#FF2266]ar[/color][color=#FF1222]rio[/color][color=#DA3610]r o[/color][color=#9EAA33]f I[/color][color=#88AD40]s[/color][color=#9FCA44]ol[/color][color=#B9AA33]a[/color]
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:36 am

Post by kuribo »

Fruktfisk wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
The Retard Is Pro-town.
aren't they always?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Nah, sometimes they're Stimpy. :D
Retired as of October 2014.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:26 am

Post by armlx »

Mr. Flay wrote:Nah, sometimes they're Stimpy. :D
Newbie 12 may be one of the funniest games I have ever read.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Vi »

You are a
Naïve Naïve Cop

You tend to think the best of everyone, and your investigations always seem to come up Not Guilty. It's gotten to the point where your comrades have made a habit of calling you naïve... and you know what, they're probably right. You may as well not bother with sending in Night Actions, and play like a Vanilla.

You win with the Town. Good luck!
Mod note: Is actually Sane.

You are a
Paranoid Paranoid Cop

People always tell you that you see the worst in everything, and that nothing's as bad as it seems.
But that's what they want you to think.
You're trying to calm yourself down a bit and lay off on the Cop business, but you're still worried... worried about the truth you may uncover... the guilty parties you may not shed light on if you don't force yourself to look.

Is it worth your soul? Dare you open Pandora's Box? Yes--or--
no?

You probably win with the Town. Good luck... and pray it's not your only ally.
Mod note: Is actually Insane.

You are an
Insane Insane Cop

ASDKLJEAJKJMRFLAYFNNBVMITHHJKAWELRKAJKSDFALFSHEASMFNX
DVFHJKEKJKFJKASDFAKSJDFJAASADELEIURYUEURIASHPIOAWEUIPRU
IGURGIPUPAWERPAWERASLFJKFJDSJJFJDHFEWIRWEVDRERISHIVVHVTD

THAT'S AN ORDER -
NOT A REQUEST!!
Mod note: IOQWEHFKNMZXKISONFKLASDJKFHKAWEJRHKLAWJERLKEJSDLKJITSULFJ

The beautiful part of these roles is that you can change the actual sanities and it will still make sense in the context of the flavor~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”