Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:26 am

Post by hellbooks »

TIER LIST OF BTS MEMBERSjimin - hes my guy. i like his voice and his face. hes also my moms favorite. i love him in the chorus to (maybe) my favorite bts song which is anpanman S+

jin - hes my other guy. i think he hurt his wrist during the butter grammys performance and they had him be like the operator on the hacker console or something instead of doing the tricky opening dance moves? i thought that was cool. i like his voice. i think he has the biggest "normal guy energy" out of all of them . S

j-hope - im pretty sure hes the guy who is also agust d and did the song daechwita which i like and i watched the behind the scenes (omg bts reference) filming video for it and liked that. S-

jungkook - ehm.. hes fine. well hes good. i guess a lot of people around me like him and that influences me to think about him more positively. A+

rm - i thought his recent solo album was decent. he was the guy i knew about before i really knew much about bts because of how his name was "rap monster" and so for a long time bts to me was "oh yeah the group with rap monster in it". A+

suga - sure hes fine. he was on the song "eight" by IU which i like except i mostly just like the IU parts. there were a lot of people holding signs for him at the bts concert that i went to (a friend asked me to go with her and thats how i started knowing things about them) A

v - i literally know nothing about this guy. he had some moment where he whispered into o-rod's ear during the butter grammys performance. A-
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:27 am

Post by hellbooks »

oh god agust d isnt j hope its suga ok lets just pretend that never happened
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think the thing that i generally find to townread about skitter is when it feels like she cares more about solving the game than she does about being reasonable and getting people to see her as on their side

like going against the flow of the game a bit and there's an edge of stubbornness sometimes that i think is more present when she's town

here i think there hasn't been enough of that for me to call her strongly town but there's places where it edges slightly in that direction

i guess i probably townread her least out of my current coalition vote but it also doesn't feel like she's fighting to get into it in a way that i think she could as scum

like recently after her return vla she didn't spend a lot of time in the thread but the time she did spend was to basically say 1) , which gives reasons for isis scummy, and 2) , which pushes back on a coalition that includes her and says "nah fire and sheep aren't towny enough for me to support this"

which is something that i find hard to see as pushing scum agenda. again unless she's paired with like tris in which case we've already lost this phase. because the longer tha she isn't in thread due to vla/being busy etc the more likely it is that town will find each other and decide skitter no longer meets the bar of towniness required and push her out. so just showing up and being like "no" to a coalition with her in it as her main point of conversation feels really not scummy at all to me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think my list is like upside down to yours tbh but i also don't follow them at all
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I really do not understand Isis declaration of hellbooks townie there.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

TIER LIST OF BTS MEMBERStris - she's just town, right?? i don't really think we're at the point of doubting this any time soon. she feels like the main character of this game in that whenever she shows up in the thread she's just solving from the town perspective and her thoughts make sense and it feels right. S+

Thestatusquo - i think he's probably town. his approach just feels like his towngame and i don't think the things he does make a lot of sense as scum. he also gets bonus points for being both a T or an S depending on what you call him. S

skitter30 - i just talked about her a lot. im not that confident bc she could be slowplaying it but it doesn't really feel like she is pushing scum agenda. A+

sheepsaysmeep - ughhhh idk. i went into talking about skitter thinking she was my least confident in the coalition but then as i looked at her further and read things i felt a little better so now that's sheep. he could be scum, i guess. A

The Bulge - also could be either a T or a B, however there aren't any other Bs so he has to be a B. unlucky. he's probably just scum i guess. do something. B
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:50 am

Post by hellbooks »

great post i would officially like to bestow upon you "2/3rds of a townpoint"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

If you could explain the tris town read to me I would very much appreciate it. The only reasoning I personally have for it is that I feel like the threadspew thing is kinda true and so I want to town bin it to just not think about it anymore but I think the closest thing I got to a coherent explanation was that tris has more trouble being present and "vibing" as scum and I would really like if someone could give me a citation for that claim since I've never experienced scumtris. But secondly I kind of at the time felt like the vibing was kind of tentative and muted compared to a previous tris town experience and more to the point she's basically been not present at all for the second half of this game and I don't think I could tell you off hand a single thing she thinks without looking at her iso so I worry that if she's not thread spewed I don't really have a lot of reason for why she's town at all.

If you want to like break that down for me so I can feel better about the read I would appreciate it.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1829, Thestatusquo wrote: I really do not understand Isis declaration of hellbooks townie there.

- seems hard to fake.

-fmpov it's 9 in the afternoon right now and her posting largely disrupts a coalition that already includes her hypothetical partner unless her partner is bulge exactly and I don't think bulge exactly is particularly unlikely but it's only 12.5% y'know, er 1/7th a little higher

-adam sandlar avatar immediately promotes these feelings of trust
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Isis »

She suggested the last bit in the scum pt
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:30 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1834, Isis wrote: She suggested the last bit in the scum pt
ok what is so salient about this is that i absolutely would tell my scum partner to make quips on my behalf in the scum pt
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1833, Isis wrote:
In post 1829, Thestatusquo wrote: I really do not understand Isis declaration of hellbooks townie there.
- seems hard to fake.

-fmpov it's 9 in the afternoon right now and her posting largely disrupts a coalition that already includes her hypothetical partner unless her partner is bulge exactly and I don't think bulge exactly is particularly unlikely but it's only 12.5% y'know, er 1/7th a little higher

-adam sandlar avatar immediately promotes these feelings of trust
I think this post gives hellbooks more credit for "having a plan" than she usually does.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1832, Thestatusquo wrote: If you could explain the tris town read to me I would very much appreciate it. The only reasoning I personally have for it is that I feel like the threadspew thing is kinda true and so I want to town bin it to just not think about it anymore but I think the closest thing I got to a coherent explanation was that tris has more trouble being present and "vibing" as scum and I would really like if someone could give me a citation for that claim since I've never experienced scumtris. But secondly I kind of at the time felt like the vibing was kind of tentative and muted compared to a previous tris town experience and more to the point she's basically been not present at all for the second half of this game and I don't think I could tell you off hand a single thing she thinks without looking at her iso so I worry that if she's not thread spewed I don't really have a lot of reason for why she's town at all.

If you want to like break that down for me so I can feel better about the read I would appreciate it.
i can try but i think if you don't see it then it may be hard to convey

my point of reference for tris scum is having read along to this game: viewtopic.php?t=90204&user_select%5B%5D=32319

where i think she just feels generally uncomfortable and not at all like she's genuinely solving things. i don't think that's my main reason tho bc i think its definitely possible she has a wider scumrange than that

my main reason is just that all of her thoughts feel like they come from a place of honesty and they just make sense to me? im aware this won't convince you at all. they're generally not complex or hard to fake thoughts but they just feel like the right ones for her to have. they feel pure. she's comfortable and just poking at things here and there and it feels like she's solving. it's true she hasn't always been around but the catchups are good. is a good post. i don't think this is even expressing properly the strength of my read. i don't see anything she's doing as scummy and i see pretty much all of it as towny

idk

i think this attempt at explaining it was a failure but i still feel reaffirmed in the read
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

No that is helpful frfr.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think the catchup stuff is something I hadn't been considering but I do think the progression coming from 1664 is pretty townie feeling.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:11 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what's your point of reference for scum sheep?

i think i have trouble being convinced by the vibe read bc even though i agree, i think he is good at having a good vibe as scum (probably the thing he is best at) and he doesn't really need to push a lot of agenda here especially early on
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm waffling on sheep because people keep saying I'm wrong on him and I havent really seen him much as scum but I guess for me a thing I look for is there real novel thoughts on people being wolfy or villagery on specific posts that come sort of random and without prompting and I guess that really hasn't been there as we continue further into the game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

but a weird point is I think sheep kind of knows that I read him this way from previous games and maybe he'd be putting more effort into fooling me by doing exactly that if he were scum but idk that's really awkward and self referencing logic.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Isis »

I've never played to snow one specific person maybe I should start

You might just have a great pet read that sheep is scum that is right idk
"Well, I..."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I also read his investment in the game here as more wolfy than townie now that I think about it but thats hard to like really get a firm read on because he could just be uninvested as town but when he's town he tends to post in these staccato bursts like he'll make a post and then he'll be back 3 minutes later to make another post because he just was hit by another thought and he can't stop himself from posting it and then maybe he'll be back 3 minutes later with another thought and the more I dig into my mental space about how I town read sheep the more I am realizing he doesn't really fit that pattern here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont think my claim is that he would play to snow me specifically but if he knows I kind of find a specific easily fakeable thing he does to be townie when he does it the town read from me seems pretty free to acquire doesn't it?

I guess since I town read him super early he wouldn't feel the need so much. idk.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Isis »

Sheep kinda walled when last I saw him play jillion years ago he was lower volume.

Ig he's not that Fresh tho
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Isis »

There was that data study that showed scum post in bursts more than town did you read that it was in MD or something
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Isis »

Pretty exhausting trend to play to look how exhausted I am
"Well, I..."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Honestly I'm kind of flattered that people think this might be my scum range because I think I am actually incredibly far outside of it so it's pretty nice that people think I could fake my play this game as scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”