Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1846, Isis wrote: Sheep kinda walled when last I saw him play jillion years ago he was lower volume.

Ig he's not that Fresh tho
Walls? what the fuck
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Isis »

Prism ruined my life when she pointed out I double post more and add distinct content as town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1847, Isis wrote: There was that data study that showed scum post in bursts more than town did you read that it was in MD or something
No but it certainly does not fit my playstyle so I am skeptical of making that kind of system level read when it doesn't apply at all frequently.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont think I've ever seen sheep post a wall in my life.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Isis »

This game I've only double posted to add scumclaim jokes. It is the imitation cheese. It feels kind of like following up with new thoughts but shouldn't count. My plan is that it will feel like it should count. Then you will misread me as town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Isis »

In post 874, sheepsaysmeep wrote: sheep town

tris is like probably town. I was like very weirdly not into her early isis read at all which largely caused me to make my above doompost. but her overall vibe is still very good; for someone who supposedly struggles more to be natural as wolf, she is prob just town. In garlic bread I correctly found her as town partly for her "doing her own thing" townily and I think the insistent question-asking here sort of resembles that.

fire reluctantly I would say is starting to sometimes feel town. one cool example is I think the way he pulls on experience from past coalition games for insight is genuine. like the way he used the logic of "these people aren't w/w because of how they'd be setting themselves up for d1 loss" was actually so "wait woah" to me that it made me first flip the switch
one thing that just made me feel hesitant at the last second was his recent hellbooks townread explanation. honestly that felt like complete bogus. but I dont even know if thats wolfy for him when he seems good enough as scum at coming up with reasonable reads and explanations lol

skitter is fine ish. vibes like villa games but I dont have any recollection of her wolf game. she is like "too not trying to be towny to be not town" (different from too wolfy to be wolf)

ari I feel like is ever slightly >rand wolf. some of her conclusions have felt forced to me. namely, in her back-and-forth with shea, I agreed with her more, but personally I Too-didnt-agree with "this is wolf who can't come up with justification" when I could really easily see shea as being a stubborn town, basically completely NAI to me. and then I felt like she kinda weirdly prematurely went, "welp if shea and I live and we dont get this info then we're just going to 100% deathtunnel each other: thus stuff should go like this." likewise in her conversation with me, at times I felt like she was trying to force herself into a certain conclusion about me. same with the fire conversation that I am just now reading; my first instinct is it feels like she tried to force herself into scumreading fire with weird premises that didnt make sense to me

isis I think is slightly wolfy. her vibe to me just feels more informed than naturally solving, idk how to describe better (altho I could see that being due to just how she presents reads playstylewise). I think she has tried to poke suspicion at people in a way that fell flat for me, such as trying to shade activity patterns, or , there have just been some attempts to sus people that felt awk to me

note that I dont think ari/isis is w/w. ari is sorta pushing herself away from the coalition and isis does not seem like in a solid enough position to free her teammate to do that

TSQ is ok. to be honest, this could be due to really flawed sample size, but if I think about it hard maybe his refusal to explain/argue his scumread is scummy for him. in my towngame with him he tunneled Norwegian boy ee and he kept offering up additional nuances/reasonings, whereas the times ive seen him wolf theres more just blindly repeating "this person is scum". I could see this being from fatigue from all the scum rands. I guess me thinking this maybe contradicts my ari scumread maybe not lol idrk

the bulge is nothing
gun to my head his post sequence was slightly towny lol

hellbooks I dont know either. I think shea said like "hellbooks somehow feels less pure than garlic" which feels like a good take lol but she still feels ok
How is this not a wall
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Isis »

If it doesn't fit on my phone screen it's a wall
"Well, I..."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1841, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm waffling on sheep because people keep saying I'm wrong on him and I havent really seen him much as scum but I guess for me a thing I look for is there real novel thoughts on people being wolfy or villagery on specific posts that come sort of random and without prompting and I guess that really hasn't been there as we continue further into the game.
To expand on this more I want to say that I think sheep frequently comes at the game from what I would describe as odd angles. What I mean by that is that he thinks about the posts of other players in ways that don't seem completely immediately obvious to me and frequently come across as counter intuitive. That means when he's town I see a lot of thoughts from him that other players have not had yet and I tend to notice that. But when I dig into the reasoning behind the posts I can usually agree that they're at least a reasonable line of thought to have and more importantly that he believes it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1855, Isis wrote:
In post 874, sheepsaysmeep wrote: sheep town

tris is like probably town. I was like very weirdly not into her early isis read at all which largely caused me to make my above doompost. but her overall vibe is still very good; for someone who supposedly struggles more to be natural as wolf, she is prob just town. In garlic bread I correctly found her as town partly for her "doing her own thing" townily and I think the insistent question-asking here sort of resembles that.

fire reluctantly I would say is starting to sometimes feel town. one cool example is I think the way he pulls on experience from past coalition games for insight is genuine. like the way he used the logic of "these people aren't w/w because of how they'd be setting themselves up for d1 loss" was actually so "wait woah" to me that it made me first flip the switch
one thing that just made me feel hesitant at the last second was his recent hellbooks townread explanation. honestly that felt like complete bogus. but I dont even know if thats wolfy for him when he seems good enough as scum at coming up with reasonable reads and explanations lol

skitter is fine ish. vibes like villa games but I dont have any recollection of her wolf game. she is like "too not trying to be towny to be not town" (different from too wolfy to be wolf)

ari I feel like is ever slightly >rand wolf. some of her conclusions have felt forced to me. namely, in her back-and-forth with shea, I agreed with her more, but personally I Too-didnt-agree with "this is wolf who can't come up with justification" when I could really easily see shea as being a stubborn town, basically completely NAI to me. and then I felt like she kinda weirdly prematurely went, "welp if shea and I live and we dont get this info then we're just going to 100% deathtunnel each other: thus stuff should go like this." likewise in her conversation with me, at times I felt like she was trying to force herself into a certain conclusion about me. same with the fire conversation that I am just now reading; my first instinct is it feels like she tried to force herself into scumreading fire with weird premises that didnt make sense to me

isis I think is slightly wolfy. her vibe to me just feels more informed than naturally solving, idk how to describe better (altho I could see that being due to just how she presents reads playstylewise). I think she has tried to poke suspicion at people in a way that fell flat for me, such as trying to shade activity patterns, or , there have just been some attempts to sus people that felt awk to me

note that I dont think ari/isis is w/w. ari is sorta pushing herself away from the coalition and isis does not seem like in a solid enough position to free her teammate to do that

TSQ is ok. to be honest, this could be due to really flawed sample size, but if I think about it hard maybe his refusal to explain/argue his scumread is scummy for him. in my towngame with him he tunneled Norwegian boy ee and he kept offering up additional nuances/reasonings, whereas the times ive seen him wolf theres more just blindly repeating "this person is scum". I could see this being from fatigue from all the scum rands. I guess me thinking this maybe contradicts my ari scumread maybe not lol idrk

the bulge is nothing
gun to my head his post sequence was slightly towny lol

hellbooks I dont know either. I think shea said like "hellbooks somehow feels less pure than garlic" which feels like a good take lol but she still feels ok
How is this not a wall
this is more fake than the moon landing how dare you disprove my worldview with one simple trick.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I still think its weird and not accurate to describe sheeps posting style as "walls" when I think its still true than 98.8982423% of his posts are one liners.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also like kind of revealing that I was asked to explain a town read and I just came up with a bunch of stuff that I usually town read that he actually isn't really doing this game.

Maybe I secretly scum read sheep and haven't even realized it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

HURT: Sheep
HEAL: Skitter
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Would bulge really just lurk out as scum?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't know bulge but i don't see why not
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

do you have thoughts about the things I said in the rest of the last two pages re:sheep

(and the reason is we decided scum really wants to have exactly one in the coalition so bulge really only makes sense as scum with someone who is like super omega locked for the coalition. Because he is assuring himself not to be in it. I think if that's not the case then he's definitely just lurking in an extremely NAI way and I would like to just wait for replacement)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Isis »

His phone went into the actual ocean
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Isis »

Or was that a dream I had
"Well, I..."
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think bulge could also just not be able to/doesn't have the motivation to get engaged in the game. i don't think it has to be an active choice
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

and on sheep yea idk i think i generally agree with the trajectory of your thoughts there
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think i exactly know how to read him but i think it's definitely possible that he's scum here
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Isis »

HURT: everyone
HEAL: The Bulge, tris, Thestatusquo, Isis, sheepsaysmeep

Support bulggggeeeee
"Well, I..."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1867, fireisredsir wrote: i think bulge could also just not be able to/doesn't have the motivation to get engaged in the game. i don't think it has to be an active choice
Right I think out can't possibly be an active choice if he's scum and i think if he were scum he'd be more likely to actively try to not lurk.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not ok with a coalition that doesn't include fire
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

My niggling doubt about fire is just that he seems like he's being just a bit too conciliatory to me
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1872, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm not ok with a coalition that doesn't include fire
HURT: Isis, sheepsaysmeep HEAL: Aristeia, fireisredsir how high on a d20 would i have to roll to get you to vote htat

pedit: he's openwolfing
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”