Newbie 2128 - Manila Noir - Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:17 pm

Post by ender »

I disagreed with the way he was softing. A soft claim should be visible to the discerning eye but shouldn't draw attention to itself. This was me asking him to either be more discreet, get it over with, or wait until day 2.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

And you thought that someone that somehow missed Happy softing, wouldn't see this and look back at it?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Also lets assume Happy didn't claim, what exactly was the plan, since your now voting someone you think is a PR.
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:42 pm

Post by ender »

In post 452, JasonWazza wrote: Also lets assume Happy didn't claim, what exactly was the plan, since your now voting someone you think is a PR.
As I just said:
In post 448, ender wrote: and rather than out a town PR based on their soft claim i was continuing business as usual
until he was ready to hard claim or until i was ready to move my vote to someone else
(bold emphasis mine)

i.e. i was planning to go back over the thread to look at other people. it just so happened that he claimed 7 hours (and less than 10 posts later), so i hadn't had a chance to do that, but i took that opportunity to unvote and then moved my vote to the slot i thought was the best choice for resolving the claim vs claim as i explained in my recent posts.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:46 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

You realize the issue is that what you are saying is flat out scum reasoning right?

Your voting a PR until they claim or until you can viably change your vote, this is scum reasoning.
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Its

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:33 pm

Post by Starfire »

Welcome all you who have replaced in, hope you're having fun, you certainly have been productive. Wanted to address a couple of things, before trying to get reads on the last nine or so pages. Apparently, iamveryhappy softing was obvious? This is a thing I think I'll only really learn with time I'm afraid, apologies if this is something I am expected to pick up on. I didn't catch any other questions coming my way, sorry if I skimmed past it.

Happy with my vote on DKoba for now.

Ender-JasonWazza does not look good at all for ender. If you notice the softing, you surely either ignore it entirely or find a good excuse to move your vote. Ramping up pressure on someone you consider to be likely a PR just doesn't make sense, and the justification of "not wanting to make it obvious" is weak.
The opposite of grimdark is hopepunk, pass it on
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 135, Starfire wrote:
In post 127, iamveryhappy wrote:
In post 124, Starfire wrote: Self-pity won't get you out of this. Can we start again from the top?
Everyone that has messaged since has acknowledged the mason claim is bad as town
, and I think you understand how it would be bad from scum - why do you think Mikhail is scum based on the claim and minigame?

Calling it PR fishing isn't an answer, it's an explanation working backward from the answer.
welp
it's bad as town
it's worse for scum
please look at the text I bolded too
It's bad as town and worse for scum, therefore we assume Tal is scum, therefore we lim them? This just isn't good reasoning, and it isn't reasonable for a town player to think this way.
So when these posts were occurring, you thought there was no way Happy was Town or what?
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:38 pm

Post by Starfire »

Pretty much, yeah.
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Starfire »

Happy to accept I read it *entirely wrong* but I don't see what I can do to make it better other than make my thinking at that moment clear (if it isn't) and play on?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

That's fine, main thing is telling the truth of your mindset.

Think most likely right now is DkKoba/Ender.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 455, Starfire wrote: Welcome all you who have replaced in, hope you're having fun, you certainly have been productive. Wanted to address a couple of things, before trying to get reads on the last nine or so pages. Apparently, iamveryhappy softing was obvious? This is a thing I think I'll only really learn with time I'm afraid, apologies if this is something I am expected to pick up on. I didn't catch any other questions coming my way, sorry if I skimmed past it.

Happy with my vote on DKoba for now.

Ender-JasonWazza does not look good at all for ender. If you notice the softing, you surely either ignore it entirely or find a good excuse to move your vote. Ramping up pressure on someone you consider to be likely a PR just doesn't make sense, and the justification of "not wanting to make it obvious" is weak.
??

Is effort scummy?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:59 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Was that a misquote?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 449, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 448, ender wrote: and rather than out a town PR based on their soft claim i was continuing business as usual until he was ready to hard claim
In post 170, ender wrote: i have a suspicion which i won't reveal, just in case. but i will say, either way... please dispense with the theatrics.

if you have something to say, then say it plainly. if you have something to breadcrumb, do it discreetly. otherwise it's not a breadcrumb. if whatever you have to say should wait for D2, then wait for D2. but posting cryptic garbage with a smug attitude about how angry you think it will make people is just unhelpful. the sarcasm, smugness, and appeals to emotion are not swaying me in your favor. quite the opposite.
Is this acting business as usual?

To tell him to full claim is not trying to out a town PR based on their soft claim?
Yes it is a perfectly matching post, just because he didn't do it the way you decree he had to do it doesn't mean they aren't honest about it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

The point is very obvious that it's "stfu and stop pushing them like this and leave the claim be or just cc, not helping anyone what you're doing" while trying to not outright say it

If IAVW and Mik is town/town (and i believe it is) there is 0 reason for scum ender to make such a statement and stop the t/t tunnel ? Lmao
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:34 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

just for context I meant the next irl day not in-game day
and I was going to sleep
iavh is slightly annoyed
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 464, iamveryhappy wrote: just for context I meant the next irl day not in-game day
and I was going to sleep
good night happy
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:54 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 465, DkKoba wrote:
In post 464, iamveryhappy wrote: just for context I meant the next irl day not in-game day
and I was going to sleep
good night happy
kk
I means that I was doing that in the post in which I quoted the bee movie
I used that to stall slightly so I could get time overnight to claim
or else some extra votes and I'm gone
I'm going to analyse a vanilla game from a site that your friend's friend's friend owns
(passed you in posts there lol)
iavh is slightly annoyed
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... mrock-14er
Also for anyone curious- my approach on replace in should be somewhat seen in this game here - I had flips to work with so more concise but yee
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:13 am

Post by Maduisha »

Alright, I caught up! Sorry for the mini absence. When I saw the thread doubled in pages I was spooked but then I saw Koba replaced in and it all made sense with their playstyle lol

So far I think Jason vs Ender makes Jason feel a lot townier than Ender. This post in particular at least makes me feel they're not partners:
In post 449, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 448, ender wrote: and rather than out a town PR based on their soft claim i was continuing business as usual until he was ready to hard claim
In post 170, ender wrote: i have a suspicion which i won't reveal, just in case. but i will say, either way... please dispense with the theatrics.

if you have something to say, then say it plainly. if you have something to breadcrumb, do it discreetly. otherwise it's not a breadcrumb. if whatever you have to say should wait for D2, then wait for D2. but posting cryptic garbage with a smug attitude about how angry you think it will make people is just unhelpful. the sarcasm, smugness, and appeals to emotion are not swaying me in your favor. quite the opposite.
Is this acting business as usual?

To tell him to full claim is not trying to out a town PR based on their soft claim?
Ender contradicted himself a bit. I think Jason's logic is organic, pretty town to me!
In post 392, DkKoba wrote: I actually had gotten not townie vibes before I learned they were the cop claim when reading, so this is surprising to me.
This Koba post sounds town to me, because it feels a lot like what I was experiencing early in the game. I was like "hmm Happy is either too confident or really good at leading the game as scum", then the cop claim made the weird vibes make sense. Idk, I'm inclined to believe this is organic just because I had the same impression lol

Guess I'll make a list to clear up my mind as well since the replacements make my head spin a little:

Happy is conf town no questions asked.
Jason feels pretty town, logic feels sound.
Koba I think is town??? I don't read the confrontation style they have as AI because that's just how they play in general.
PC is town in my mind, I think it's just gut

Starfire I'm not too sure about. I don't think defending the Mik slot early on is that controversial.

Then we have Alianna who I don't know what to think about because of the predecesor's strat being too weird to comprehend. I think if the Mik/Alianna slot is scum, then the partner is in Ender/Koba/Starfire because when Mikhail went on a posting spree to try to clear themselves, they were pointing fingers at the Keria/Koba slot and Ender, while showing strong affinity to Starfire. If I were scum-Mikhail and I thought I was about to get hammered, I'd try to muddy the waters by creating connections to as many slots as I could as to hide the partner with WIFOM. But yeah, this is "assume Mik/Alianna flips scum" logic. Not very useful rn, but I thought I'd get it out there.

I do have to say, I kept offering Mikhail the explanation of "playing the hot/cold game was to gauge reactions" and they never took it. As weird as their early strat was, I feel like people who are lying often attach themselves to pre-made storylines to try and blend themselves into someone else's logic. So not taking my logic and running with it feels kinda towny in a sense. Then again, I don't even know if they paid attention to what I said, haha

Ender is the slot I'd be willing to eliminate D1 if we are not going for the Mikhail/Alianna slot to clear the mason-strat-WIFOM. Not ready to vote cause I need to check the vote count (and I'm feeling lazy at the time of posting lol)

And smiley dude... I'm gonna be honest, I don't really have an opinion on them. I might have to ISO them later and stop being a lazy dog.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

I don't know what others are missing that I have that PC is getting townread, but I guess a style that aims to make people good about their takes is easy to surface level townread lol

I am not seeing the town angle to PC's manipulative methods of urging certain wagons
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

I think ender is town independent of if I'm hilariously wrong on mik fwiw. One thing im sure of is that they were playing to wincon regardless of alignment here and were just doing a stupid strategy. Maybe I'm swayed by the commitment to the strat after the cc to push for a roleswap, but I think
Aliana's entrance is pretty decent and is indicative of how typically townies enter a game when replacing in in my eyes. Like the compilation of thoughts and all that. That's not to say it is never that slot, but 2 slots posting this well makes me think occams razor the slot is just town.

No offense to starfire, but they have this total nooby town vibe where i can see the sorta misconceptions they have while recognizing they're genuine. If they're mafia, shame on you for playacting like that :p xD

Ender, despite feeling they were being weird af, has showed up and shown they have receipts for things they've done and it feels from their pov it makes sense.

I admit, I could have the completely wrong worldview because I miscleared 1 person potentially, but for day 1 I feel I have a good grasp - because unless PC flips town I don't think any of my takes are wrong.

I very much insist on a PC wagon here.

Can someone tell me, if from their POV whether wazza/PC would work? I have some minor doubts but I have trouble slotting in maduisha ? (Ofc this question is to everyone not named wazza or pc)
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:41 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

I like clout here while you don't
mmm it's a difference of taste ig
welp koba what did you think of me before the skibidi bop I'm cop thing
would it matter if mikhail's alignment was different from mine or same as mine
welp from my pov wazza/pc doesn't work because pc is in my town list which might need some rerading soon
while jason I'll look into deeper later, I'm sleepy
feels like ender/smiley has one while it's between everyone else
ig I should be clearin someone tonight but in the case that I die, screw you doc, but if doc doesn't exist, screw me
iavh is slightly annoyed
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 471, iamveryhappy wrote: I like clout here while you don't
mmm it's a difference of taste ig
welp koba what did you think of me before the skibidi bop I'm cop thing
would it matter if mikhail's alignment was different from mine or same as mine
welp from my pov wazza/pc doesn't work because pc is in my town list which might need some rerading soon
while jason I'll look into deeper later, I'm sleepy
feels like ender/smiley has one while it's between everyone else
ig I should be clearin someone tonight but in the case that I die, screw you doc, but if doc doesn't exist, screw me
But *why* is PC town? Like to me I think their progrssion is bogus and they are instigating a lot in a scummy way.
Like youre going to need to prove at least an aspect that makes it unlikely that they are scum here imo
I will say -> if it's a mik scum world it's unlikely to be PC
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

@ender can u explain how you ended up on bith mik and iavh wagons?
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:34 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

welp
mik is +scum to me
while I've gotten off due to the lack of votes
and people asking me to reconsider my options
I believe it's scum because your friend's friend once did this in chat mafia (lh, claimed lightkeeper) and flipped scum
it's like pattern recognition
iavh is slightly annoyed

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”