Newbie 2128 - Manila Noir - Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i am becoming the joker + i am stepping away bc i am spamming too much sry xD but pls consider the effort i have put into finding stuff and not just brush aside bc of bias towards not wanting to believe oneself is wrong!
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 578, DkKoba wrote:
In post 577, DkKoba wrote: actually iavh has played with me b4 i think but idk who they are but they have most definitely not called me mafia and the way they have interacted with me implies at least leaning me town
(i am so sorry iavh but im pretty sure u go by a different name elsewhere bc i totally recognize the avatar!!)
I don't think so (unless you mean ps summer circuit 2022 game 1 which I subbed out of, I go by I'm not iamveryhappy there due to the lack of use of my alt iamveryhappy, your ffriend's friend's friend's site is doing really well btw)
my username is different from my display name ad by how ccgeek called me clems, you can surely find someone whose name startin with 'clem'?
th avatar is the same ya, however I had to get a slightly smaller one because of the frame limit and stuff
II'm also the one who shitposted after you announced derz would go on to the semifinals, the one who lurks vc and the punchong bag
while actually I could see your play as both alignments (I don't like you want clout out, I really like em, slighlty concerned about the activity, while its town it's overwhelming me by a bit)
screw it you win you get a townlean
I've misread Clouds too much and hopefully I won't do the same with you.
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

effort appreciated, I only put so much effort into on game and it was an idea that your friend's friend's friend made
iavh is slightly annoyed
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Just going to pose this to everyone else.

Ender Roleblocker, Koba doing this to try and redirect sus away from them.

Still haven't done the Meta read on Koba as I'm still waiting on Maduisha to weigh in, but it feels like confident that they can do enough as scum Koba is trying to force a world view that doesn't make sense to get the majority of town off Ender.

{JasonWazza, Maduisha, Happy, PC, Starfire} (i didn't bother checking the other possible votes as this is a lim either way)

This is already an easy Ender lim, frankly I've been keeping this thought under my hat to see if Koba did anything worthwhile.

Maybe there is some way Koba is town and trying to do this, but I don't see it (again yet to meta, I have the tabs open to do it), I see a player that replaced into a bad scenario, just trying to throw anything they can at a wall, to see what sticks, this is why I think what I'm asking Maduisha is so relevant, because this isn't just a normal scenario.

The fact that somehow they checked PC meta and came up with a Scum PC is baffling to me.

UNVOTE: DkKoba
VOTE: Ender
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Political Clout »

VOTE: ender

maduisha
igmeoy
Ya basic!
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

what does igmeoy mean
is it some other language?
iavh is slightly annoyed
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I got my eye on you (I assume, maybe it's something else)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by Alianna »

I'm mostly caught up. This is going to be very inconclusive (like my reads usually are lol) and idk how much sense I'm making so feel free to ask for clarification.
Maduisha and Smiley feel town based on tone. The read is stronger on Maduisha, but apparently she's also good at faking that?
PC is not making much of an impression, though I think that might be a me problem and I need to re-read them again.
Koba/Keria slot probably resolves itself. There's an inconsistency in the slot's posting that has the potential to be very AI later on, though it wouldn't do any good to point it out now. My gut leans town though.
ender is sus, for a few reasons, some of which I borrowed from Jason because I think he's talking sense even if I don't really know how to read him.
- LAMISTy and fillery posting, I can quote a few examples if needed.
- In , viewing Tal's claim as NAI but not catching onto the fact that in the world where it's fake, a real town PR would know it's fake and potentially be suspicious of the slot even if they didn't CC. ender doesn't consider the possibility of a town fakeclaim either, so by his logic, fakeclaiming!Tal should be confscum to a town PR. I'm not saying he should have brought up the possibility of happy!PR there if he had considered it, but the conclusion of the post is concerning.
- Literally everything Jason pointed out on pages 18-19.
- Not really a point against him, but i'm bringing it up anyway. ender, you say was intended to avoid drawing attention to happy's softing, but the wording makes it really obvious that you thought that's what he was doing.
Hmmmmm, but what if he just has rigid ideas of how town should play and also assumes that town will do what he thinks they should do? That could explain some stuff.
Starfire is somewhat guilty of the second one too, but it's not really the same because she wasn't arguing that pushing Tal is scum-motivated, just suspecting happy for the way he was doing it.

Probably need to re-read some stuff again because I've been staring at this game for hours and my brain is turning into mush. Or maybe I'd get better reads by actually interacting with people. Idk what my plan is.
I don't mind this wagon for now though.

VOTE: ender

E-2.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 592, DkKoba wrote: ok i read PC meta and they have like a fraction of the curiousity and solvy energy they do as town. viewtopic.php?t=91019&user_select%5B%5D=17484

they also actually cite stuff and follow up etc.

and half of yall were in that game with them, really shocked yall didnt notice the difference (u know who u are, esp u iavh)
If you mean me, I don't usually analyze the players in games I'm modding, so I doubt I'd notice.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:52 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE COUNT 1.6

TO BE CONTINUED.

ender (3):
JasonWazza, Political Clout, Alianna
Starfire (1):
SmileyDude1
DKKoba (1):
Starfire
JasonWazza (1):
DkKoba

Not Voting (3):
ender, iamveryhappy, Maduisha

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to eliminate someone.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-07-31 15:00:00)

Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:43 pm

Post by ender »

sorry, ended up staying out later than i expected last night so i wasn't able to dive in like i wanted.
In post 591, Political Clout wrote: @ender who are you now looking at as possible scum?
literally everyone in the game.

but i think you're actually asking who i think is likely scum, so i'll answer that question as well.

in fact i'll do you one better. i said before i don't give town reads or read lists. but if i'm likely to be the elim for today, a read list may have some benefit after my flop.

1. Maduisha - has a light scum lean for me. would be townie but there have been a few small things that have pinged my radar, granted they aren't much on their own. but generally i feel like she is sometimes very careful and sometimes the opposite, and she doesn't stick to her guns. she voted Koba because Jason told her to, without checking the vote count. she felt the need to call herself outright town () to pre-emptively wave off any critique of her actions.
2. Political Clout - pokes and prods, asks a lot of questions. it would be nice if his votes were paired with some reasonings, but i'm guessing in a lot of cases he votes to gauge reaction anyway. he didn't like my thought process on how to handle the claim and counter claim, but it seems like no one did. currently a null lean.
3. Jason - interacts a lot, asks a lot of questions, and even though he doesn't like how i handled everything i can see his suspicion coming from town mindset.
4. iavh - what can i say? i misjudged him early on, but i buy his claim at this point. if there's a doc in the setup, you know what is needed.
5. Alianna - her slot has a soft townie-fake-claim read that i hadn't allowed myself to consider originally. i'm no longer of the opinion that eliming her will give us the information i had originally thought it would. i'm liking her play more than Tal's, to say the least. I also like that she didn't just parrot all of Jason's case on me, seems like she's putting effort into her read. null-town read.
6. SmileyDude1 - light scum lean. the only player (not slot, player) with fewer posts than him this game is Wayward, who only posted on page 1. Raw post count isn't necessarily a tell, but i like to keep an eye out for anyone slipping under the radar. The content of his posts is pretty light as well. he gave a couple of short read lists but he hasn't really gone after anyone other than light prodding of Starfire. he hasn't had to react 'in the moment' to a lot of what has happened so far which makes it easy for him to come in later and react in line with the overall 'town-approved' sentiment.
7. DkKoba - i didn't like their initial action of voting me admittedly "pre-emptively". they hard scum-read me from the start and i was originally thinking they were just parroting an easy scum read, but the fact that they were willing to listen to my explanations, see where i was coming from, and change their mind gives me a town lean. especially since i'm apparently an easy elim, it would be very tempting as scum to just pile on.
8. Starfire - this slot is hard for me to get a read on. her activity dropped of after saturday and there isn't much to go on since then aside from a vote on Keria/DkKoba that seemed to be well reasoned enough. null for now.

despite the fact that i'm at E-2 i'm not so convinced that there's a scum on my wagon yet. but probably watch the circumstances around the E-1 and Elim votes if they happen.

i'm going to hold off on a vote for now while i continue to think and analyze, since no one yet jumps out at me as obv-scum.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:38 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

did I just read tha jason posted that there was a roleblocker
wow
iavh is slightly annoyed
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 611, iamveryhappy wrote: did I just read tha jason posted that there was a roleblocker
wow
it's 50/50 and Koba doesn't make sense with what they are pushing at all.

Makes more sense that it's trying to pull sus off a RB then anything else.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 610, ender wrote: sorry, ended up staying out later than i expected last night so i wasn't able to dive in like i wanted.
In post 591, Political Clout wrote: @ender who are you now looking at as possible scum?
-SNIP
6. SmileyDude1 - light scum lean. the only player (not slot, player) with fewer posts than him this game is Wayward, who only posted on page 1. Raw post count isn't necessarily a tell, but i like to keep an eye out for anyone slipping under the radar. The content of his posts is pretty light as well. he gave a couple of short read lists but he hasn't really gone after anyone other than light prodding of Starfire. he hasn't had to react 'in the moment' to a lot of what has happened so far which makes it easy for him to come in later and react in line with the overall 'town-approved' sentiment.
-SNIP-

Yeah sorry about that guys. I've come down with a cold recently and between that and work I haven't been able to gain as much traction as I wanted. I'm trying to focus my efforts to make myself useful as I don't think I have the energy to attempt to hard sort the Jason/DK interactions. I'd say that on a surface-level I lean towards TvT based on vibes rn. I also think your explanation in feels like reasonable progression, but I am wary of you being experienced enough to fake something like that
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 613, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 610, ender wrote:
-SNIP
-SNIP-
Yeah sorry about that guys. I've come down with a cold recently and between that and work I haven't been able to gain as much traction as I wanted. I'm trying to focus my efforts to make myself useful as I don't think I have the energy to attempt to hard sort the Jason/DK interactions. I'd say that on a surface-level I lean towards TvT based on vibes rn. I also think your explanation in feels like reasonable progression, but I am wary of you being experienced enough to fake something like that
EBWOP again, ugh
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Its

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:07 am

Post by Starfire »

Hiya all, apologies for the absence. Was somewhat intimidated by the rate of pages coming out and struggled to keep up, going to try and keep on top of it more.

I like Ender/Koba, especially after reading Koba call an Ender lim "game losing", which seems to justify JasonWazza's interpretation.

I think Alianna as town, her posting reads town and I already have that slot as town.

@IAVH you seem to think Ender and Koba are town, and Alianna isn't. Alianna lim seems unlikely, what other lims do you think are good today?

Working on something a bit more substantial to post later today
The opposite of grimdark is hopepunk, pass it on
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

ender is the most towny slot here from a holistic view , like I'm sorry when have u ever seen scum post like this
I don't think anyone who is town pushing ender will see it atp tho bc I think they're like already pushing the limits of expressing their thoughts like they can't be more of an open book from.what I can tell

(Also LAMIST isn't a consistent "tell", some people just talk that way!)
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:44 am

Post by Starfire »

A small note on Jason wanting DkKoba to meta PC while DkKoba wants Jason to meta DkKoba - one game is more than enough to be keeping track of, if you want to bring meta in it's on you to do that work.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 615, Starfire wrote: Hiya all, apologies for the absence. Was somewhat intimidated by the rate of pages coming out and struggled to keep up, going to try and keep on top of it more.

I like Ender/Koba, especially after reading Koba call an Ender lim "game losing", which seems to justify JasonWazza's interpretation.

I think Alianna as town, her posting reads town and I already have that slot as town.

@IAVH you seem to think Ender and Koba are town, and Alianna isn't. Alianna lim seems unlikely, what other lims do you think are good today?

Working on something a bit more substantial to post later today
lay out your reasons for saying the team is ender/me, I believe you have arguments I can argue against and I would like to help you see the truth
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 617, Starfire wrote: A small note on Jason wanting DkKoba to meta PC while DkKoba wants Jason to meta DkKoba - one game is more than enough to be keeping track of, if you want to bring meta in it's on you to do that work.
Skimning an iso for a baseline is not that much work
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:55 am

Post by Starfire »

In your ISO right now, full post later when I've done the rest and reread 19-current. The gung-ho defense of ender isn't justified by a soft town read, and you don't have the material to justify anything more than that.

You seem to be attacking people that attack you in a very defensive "I'm caught out" way - Jason then Maduisha.

Ender seems like scum for the reasons JasonWazza sets out - keeping a vote on a PR softclaim to 'not make it obvious' while doing a lot to make it obvious just isn't consistent.
btw unrelated, just wanted to say i love ur avi
ninja'd - If it's not that much work then do it yourself lol
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:58 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 616, DkKoba wrote: ender is the most towny slot here from a holistic view , like I'm sorry when have u ever seen scum post like this
I don't think anyone who is town pushing ender will see it atp tho bc I think they're like already pushing the limits of expressing their thoughts like they can't be more of an open book from.what I can tell

(Also LAMIST isn't a consistent "tell", some people just talk that way!)
(I wish that your friend's friend would understand)
I'd agree with your ender townread though for a diff reason, namely being the other one other than me to call bullsjit over mason claim and actually not calling it NAI cough cough you know who you are
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:59 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

my softs are so good I lay out obvious softs to cover up those I want hidden btw
iavh is slightly annoyed
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:00 am

Post by Starfire »

Re-reading that interaction I am mildly embarrassed by how I missed that, though I suppose everything is obvious in hindsight.
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:04 am

Post by Starfire »

@ DkKoba to be clear, when you said JasonWazza passed a 'threshold' for towntrolling (I don't get how, maybe I'll see it later) into being scum (x2) was it Maduisha or PC that got displaced from your scum team?

Looks like you've been swapping Maduisha and JasonWazza for that spot for a bit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”