Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by Isis »

Tris and sheep is probably the low tier of the coalition I spose
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by tris »

i dont think i said i didnt like this coalition. but obv it was wrong. sheep is the easy answer. i hope its scum outside the coalition. i dont think hellbooks is it. im kinda feeling isis town because she's pocketting me. so i guess that leaves fire and brass if its outside the coal
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by tris »

In post 2849, Isis wrote: Fire and sheep don't pair well, maybe I should believe in my fire read more. It burns from a deeper place in my soul even if her car occupancy makes her mathematically less scummy
? why don t they pair well
here's what it says
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2851, tris wrote: i dont think i said i didnt like this coalition. but obv it was wrong. sheep is the easy answer. i hope its scum outside the coalition. i dont think hellbooks is it. im kinda feeling isis town because she's pocketting me. so i guess that leaves fire and brass if its outside the coal
So answer my series of posts about sheep then. Explain what scum is doing right before the coalition in a world where sheep is scum with someone outside of the coalition? Is he really just gigapushing people to hammer a coalition he's not in that he knows will end in his team losing?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

move over fire/sheep team, the new leading fan favorite is the isis/tris team
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Isis »

We can be a different worms superweapon. How about the homing pigeon
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Fire and sheeps voting records kinda throw if paired I think I looked at it
"Well, I..."
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by hellbooks »

Spoiler: The total comes to 2858 which the thread's post count corroborates-- plus or minus a post at the pedit. The puzzling part comes when hellbooks measures number of pages, which according to the number of posts should be 115. She carefully notes the length of her new post in addition to the lengths of all of the votecounts and the extra line that Datisi had to include in each of them for the perpetual skitter laser. She factors in the width of Baltar's double post that he made on Page 10 of that other game. The result is anything but comforting. In fact it is impossible.

fig 1. the five members of the coalitionAristeia, skitter30, tris, sheepsaysmeep, and Thestatusquo

The author notes that the corresponding library coalition formed from the counterparts of these
five members has also
failed
. [1]
Spoiler: If a snake got into the locker room, who would be most likely to get it out? The players of the New York Mets weigh in:

Starling Marte.
He would just wrestle that thing and
Starling Marte.
He would just wrestle that thing and get it ou
get it out of there.
In post 2200, sheepsaysmeep wrote: this game needs like an "I swear to god this is right, do this shit or ur throwing" personality

some time before the forming of the eventual coal we see shea trying to make sense of other proposed candidates: he expresses some uncertainty regarding tris, skitter, and sheep. fire quotes a recent catchup by tris as being towny and shea admits that this holds some weight. he wants fire (while also maintaining an undercurrent of doubt) and bulge (because he thinks that the slot might be limbait) in the coal but later concedes to include ari. he asks skitter if she'll support an ari lim in a losing coal. finally, he suggests sheep because we need a fifth. his activity pattern leading up to the coal indicates a period of relative passivity followed by an active flurry of negotiations and juggling the weight of various doubts regarding the borderline slots for inclusion. afterwards he goes for a spicy selection and considers tris based on her willingness to slide into the coal without including herself in the negotiating sheaskit council. he believes that this lack of action on her part outweighs the small amount of towncred that he assigned her after fire's defense[2] lastly, overlapping somewhere over this activity pattern is the fact that he is at a magic tournament and focusing on tearing through other peoples planeswalker wandering emperor* flying vampire decks with his abzan gruul mana bomb combo cardstravaganza. he is also mourning the recent performance of the mets. i will take these things into account. several points of consideration regarding tris here.

- i agree that shea's description of tris being passive about the coal-forming fits the model of what scum would most want to do in an established winning position
- but i think that shea is unfairly penalizing less active or aggressive gameplaying personalities in comparison to himself or skitter and wonder how much he's considered the plausibility of tris doing it as town (i think he did but ive already closed the tab with his iso in it)
- but also i dont think this means that the argument doesn't hold any weight
- but also also i think that it's possible shea scum might choose to go after tris because it would automatically sidestep the "so he just installed them in the coalition so that he could set them up for a mislim"[3] doubt that going after ari or sheep might
- incidentally another doubtful thing about tris is that her list of "willingness to vote this person" seems to correspond exactly to a list of "how easy it would be to lim this person" but ALSO i think that scum would naturally take this into account when constructing such a list

ultimately i guess i see some compelling narratives for shea being town as well as scum: shea town is the picture of a person who is frustrated at people like me and isis and tris for not being more proactive team players, is mired in the classic town fragrance of doubt, and is willing to look past previous tunnels on people like ari to find better-hidden solutions; shea scum is someone who is strategically pivoting to tris to aim at what he might feel is an optically lower-risk but higher-reward target and also generally casting a wide net of doubt that is somewhat reminiscent of the scumgame that i recently experienced with him. if i were forced to come to a conclusion i find the former to outweigh the latter by some unknown amount.

Spoiler: *every time i see this card i literally have to think of her as a different white-haired girlboss wandering emperor with a red color scheme
Image of course i am talking about edelgard. im going to choose to use shadoweh's avatar to show you a depiction of her which of course makes it vulnerable to link rot if that avatar changes to a gif (i think thats how it works but i actually have no idea i just know that sometimes images to old avatars will break). but we'll hope not in any case-- shadoweh has been edelgard for quite a long time at this point.
fig 2. edelgard from fire emblem: three housesImage
Spoiler: while we're at it let's talk about fire emblem three houses for a bit.
thinking about how weird the structure of the game is that you can join three different houses that eventually go to war. you can blame edelgard for this. but like while shes the bad guy in the other routes shes the protagonist in her route. and nothing is different about the characters but i guess the perspective of your player character is supposed to change. anyway i guess the fact that she starts a war is supposed to be justified by the fact that she's supposed to be like leading some sort of revolution to dismantle the state of feudalist oligarchy that the setting is originally in or something. its just kind of like weird and cool and messed up. edelgard is like starling marte because she would just wrestle that thing and get it out of there. edelgard would be like "i swear im right, fight this war with me or youre throwing"

brief coffee break

GTKAS - skitter30Welcome, skitter, to your GTKAS thread!
This is a space where you can answer questions, talk about yourself, or anything else you want.
The floor is yours!

your lucky number is:

your lucky day is:
not today

Feel free to write up a little blurb about yourself before getting to the questions.

What did you get up to today? Or what are your plans for today?
Why did you pick your username, and how do you feel about it now?
What's the story behind your avatar?
How were you introduced to MafiaScum, and why did you end up sticking around?
Who are your 12 favorite players and 1 favorite moder
If a snake got into the locker room, who would be most likely to get it out?
ator on Mafiascum?

Can I be excused from transcribing all of your posts in the monastery or do you still need me to do that?
Did you agree to putting sheep in the coal knowing that you'd vote him if the coal lost?
Spoiler: i kind of dont have any seriously strong revulsion to your sheepshea idea right but here is a major skepticism that i have without going too deeply into consideration about it
1. shea said that he believes it would be disadvantageous to have 2 scum in the coal

2. shea included sheep in the eleventh hour (now let's include a namedrop so that AniX will be forced to recognize the existance of this post via the bookmarked egosearch of AniX's name) quite possibly knowing that he would be one of the most susceptible targets in a losing coal

When you asked me why I was lasering you, did you ask because you were afraid of the laser?
If we swap fire for ari and then don't win would you be willing to consider limming ari?
HURT: all

What is your favorite...
Moment in a mafia and/or mish-mash game?
Music style?
Book or work of skitterature?
Player in this game? (and why is it me)
Player in the New York Mets? (and why is it me) (note that my irl name is "max scherzer" please do not dox me but you will find a lot of publicly available information about me and my career on the internet)
Way to nightkill someone?
Role in the open setup known as "Dethy"?
Day to be V/LA (friday or saturday)[5]
Spoiler: Player in the coalition?
Thus, as well as prompting formal
inquiries into the ever elusive internal shape of the "coalition" and the rules governing
those shifts, Sebastiano Pérouse de Montclos also broaches a much more commonly
discussed matter: the question of occupation. Though few will ever agree
on the meaning of the configurations or the absence of style in that place,
no one has yet to disagree that the coalition is still a coalition
...just a topiary coalition on
a much grander scale? Perhaps it serves a funereal purpose? Conceals a secret? Protects
something? Imprisons or hides some kind of
monster
?
I am hellbooks the slow, hellbooks the stoned, hellbooks about to be
eaten by Mr. Monster. Where are you Mr. Monster, you stinking bastard? Sleeping on the job?

in the spirit of tris i will also try and construct a willingness to vote list
1. continue voting skitter - imagine carrying something around a store for like 2 hours while looking at all the other options and how attached you would get to it over that period of time. this is me and my skitter vote. when i deviated from it to vote shea when i got pist off at getting told i was lurking[6] and instnatly regretted flushing all that history down the toilet so im glad that it ended up not being counted.

2. voting tris - i dont actually want this to result in like a completed wagon atm but i do think it would be fun and generative to stab the one person who ever liked me and townread me in the back. no it wouldnt what the fuck am i saying that would be horrible. um... well i already put it in the list. and now im also feeling kind of frightened by how rapidly and suddenly the tide of public opinion seemed to shift out of her favor

3. voting outside the coal - imagine how awesome it would be if we just bucked the reins of convention and decided to do this. another fun perk about this is that i would no longer be safe

4. voting ari - just instantly feeling so daunted at having to create more critical thought about yet another person in this gucking game at this point. i am so tired and my coffee is gone. If a snake got into the locker room, who would be most likely to get it out? i guess i just think that ari's behavior starting from like 30 hours ago began to leave room for me to consider that she would be scum doing it. maybe i could come up with a story about why forming the girlscoal was like an act of evil (or maybe it was like a protracted joke) but not because of misogyny in fact i am very much an ally of women Image. yeah actually ari might be the person id like to take some additional suspicious glances at

5. voting skitter - this would require me to unvote and then revote skitter. i considered doing this at one point maybe 40 or 50 pages ago at a point where i thought it would have some comedic effect. i guess skitter is being threadspewed or something. is skitter even someone who is allowed to get threadspewed. shouldnt there be at least one person being like "ok well maybe we're like 4 moves deep into mate in 11". maybe im that person still holding skitter's alignment lodged in my throat, unspewed UGH sorry wow bad way to say that. i mean i guess it just follows from the natural ugliness of spew as a word and i take no responsibility for that

6. voting sheep - just thinking back to the garlic bread game where three different people were like dancing in a circle around me shouting and chanting for me to vote sheep and i was like "NO STOP GET OUT OF MY HEAD" but yeah i guess theres nothing extremely town that i found in sheep's atom. maybe there's something to the fact that he magically wiggled his way into the coal at the end but id have to go back and see or maybe let a trusted associate inform me about it

7. voting shea - already tried it once and datisi didnt even accept it so how am i to believe that it will accept it if i tried again

i think everyones going to look at this long and bad post and the room is going to fall into an uncomfortable silence for a few seconds and then resume talking amonst themselves. i will preface this by saying that this post was not for you
In post 2668, hellbooks wrote: Not once i get my hands on it im gonna squeeze every last gucking bit of data from this gucking game

Spoiler: 116 pages exactly.
[1]:
In post 1815, fireisredsir wrote: it's like extra-mega-fun towncore-ing rvs phase immediately followed by an endgame elo phase
long has history been determined by the cruel whims of the day-night cycle in which games are advanced solely by acts of violent elimination and denial of continued existence within the structure of the game. the amplified difficulties in forming a coalition come from imagining a world outside weber's so called "iron cage" and adapting to narratives that involve living within uncertainties, where we choose not to pay for information in blood. -- in otherwords, let's bet on this. let's bet on this shit.

[2]: that seemed nonetheless enough for him to have tris as a lock for the coal following that, although that might be explained by there simply being a lack of Good Options and shea wanting to bet on this shit
Spoiler: spoilers for uncut gems
here's a tip about gambling:the
house
always wins

[3]: it's things like this that make me wonder whether this setup better approximates what a "wuthering heights mafia" experience might be than any sort of curated theme setup that me and a certain wonderful associate had spent some time ruminating on. the idea of installing someone in a coal so that they may serve as fodder for your revenge is like one of heathcliff's classic byronic acts of evil. also see the earlier footnote about how coal mafia results in like a total interactions soup, and like the entanglement between the coal and the fun car has the space-warping properties and emotional sensitivity thrushcross grange and the titular heights. hellbooks get through one game without talking about wuthering heights challenge impossible

[4]: i learned about this new word today which is "hinnable" which apparently means having the ability to neigh or whinny. someone mentioned it in a work meeting. as an exercise to the reader, try ordering the players in this game from most to least hinnable; as a further exercise, try ordering the members of bts similarly

[5]: this part of the post marks the point where the author took another tylenol. when this post is finished she will either a) immediately perish or b) not post for at least 2 days. the author is tired and ailing. the author's ailments, as a pitcher for the mets, may or may not be related to their recent performance. the author needs a break and will take tomorrow off of work and off of this mafia game. the author would like to declare
v/la for tomorrow
but understands if datisi misses this and it will probably be fine. the author probably wont eat much more than a single prod and then return to making shit posts as regularly scheduled.

[6]: i know that its fair to say that im lurking based on like the standards of lurking being "not making a lot of posts that advance the game towards being solved" but i think the reason i bristled is ive actually put like an astounding amount of effort and love into trying to create a bunch of posts that are exciting and fun to read but no one cares about that because such an effort does not translate to generated value within the teleological context of mafia and i should already know this and let such comments pass me by once again i refer back to max weber's iron cage (joke)
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by tris »

In post 2853, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2851, tris wrote: i dont think i said i didnt like this coalition. but obv it was wrong. sheep is the easy answer. i hope its scum outside the coalition. i dont think hellbooks is it. im kinda feeling isis town because she's pocketting me. so i guess that leaves fire and brass if its outside the coal
So answer my series of posts about sheep then. Explain what scum is doing right before the coalition in a world where sheep is scum with someone outside of the coalition? Is he really just gigapushing people to hammer a coalition he's not in that he knows will end in his team losing?
he hurt that coalition 3 minutes later
here's what it says
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would like some of that, hellbooks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like I can't do that post justice reading it. I read it and I feel like I haven't really digested it yet.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by tris »

In post 2856, Isis wrote: Fire and sheeps voting records kinda throw if paired I think I looked at it
fire only voted that coal for like an hour
here's what it says
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Aristeia »

that post is a work of art
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Aristeia »

now that I know I can embed tiktoks noone is safe.
You are always gonna be my love
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by hellbooks »

one important follow up i feel the need to make is that any knowledge i have about magic the gathering has been forcibly installed in me by schadd and i kind of used every single last drop of it in order to make that one section of the post
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Isis »

Towny hellby
"Well, I..."
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im still learning how to navigate this post
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im glad nested spoilers got fixed with the site update so that this post could be possible

ive never actually read the book, just heard people talk about it, but i imagine this is what reading house of leaves feels like
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i can't find the origin point of the 4th footnote

is this meaningful

is it a sign
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by brassherald »

Fire and me is literally impossible can you like think for 30 seconds?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think in order to understand this post i need to go read plato in order to understand aristotle in order to understand teleology in order to understand weber

and also wuthering heights, probably

and maybe watch a mets game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2857, hellbooks wrote: i will preface this by saying that this post was not for you
In post 2668, hellbooks wrote: Not once i get my hands on it im gonna squeeze every last gucking bit of data from this gucking game
ty

also i got 2894 but the difference is probably just in what qualifies as a word. close enough
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2870, fireisredsir wrote:
and maybe watch a mets game
Wouldn't recommend it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

as for the actual content part of that i think the piece that i would most like to acknowledge is the bit about shea and taking into consideration the different potential playstyles

i do agree with that to an extent and i think that was a big part of why i was originally believing certain aspects of tris to not actually be very scummy at all

i think my mind changed when i felt like there was something wrong with the way the coalition was forming at the end. i guess if shea or skitter were scum then things would probably play out similarly and they would just be taking a different, more active approach to the thread

ill think about that idk
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2869, brassherald wrote:
Fire and me is literally impossible can you like think for 30 seconds?
this was responding to a question was asking who was scum outside the coalition (if any) and i believe she was proposing us as the two possibilities to her

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”