StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

ScottHoward wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:From what I can find on Google, "retarted" is an alternate spelling of "retarded", so they're one and the same insult.
does google note that i invented the word "retarted" a long time ago?
No.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Hitch wrote:can we get a lynch organised then? or shall I come back on Monday?
Let's organize a lynch on omg_im_innocent_wtf. He's completely anti-town, nothing he posts makes any sense...
Dont hate what you do not understand.

You are trying to lynch a pro-town player. Thus you are the one being anti-town.
i swear im not mafia
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

zhaorx wrote:i'm trying to help everybody. if you guys didn't have me, you'd be done.
re zhaorx (nothing in particular about the post above, its just a place holder):
ive gotten the feeling that zhaorx admires me and my style and is developing his games to mimic mine. its an admirable path. nothing he has said this game bothers me. i dont have a read on him yet, but if theres going to be heat on zhaorx, its best if its for a legitimate reason. him trying to get some wagons going is not a reason to vote him.
which brings me back to stef:
stef, how do you suggest we move from the joke vote stage to the get down to business stage if nobody takes initiative? if you want to make an omelete, you gotta break some eggs.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

Sun Tzu wrote:Anyway, don't lynch zhaorx yet. He acts like this every game.
ive essentially just said this very same thing. many village points for sun.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

ZazieR wrote:Does this mean that you are the mason of OIIW?
this post was immediately after oejo voted omg and refuted his mason claim.
how/why does zazier interpret that as him saying they are in fact masons?
it reeks of an inquisitive wolf to me. coupled with his other posts which are basically helpful fluff posts:
vote zazier

i think a zazier/mike wagon may be in order at the moment.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

zhaorx wrote:i think this game setup is so favored for the village
agreed. village wins this game easily imo
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

StrangerCoug wrote:
zhaorx wrote:anyway, there's a scum among siesta, mada, cougar. bank on it.
Why? You give no reasoning whatsoever why you think we're scum.
zhaorx wrote:people who have to come up with some "purpose" for putting a vote on someone on Day 1 is a solid scum tell.
OK, this can go either way. Some of us do what are called "pressure votes", and those aren't scummy. Voting someone to get that person policy lynched is usually scummy, though. Could you clarify what you're trying to tell us?
this post struck me as odd. mainly because i thought zhaorx did give reasoning for siesta and mada. if my recolection is correct, then cougar is essentially asking "why are you suspicious of me" but is including others as well for some reason.
and then he asks which type of voting z was doing, when given cougars 2 types, its fairly obvious how they should be categorized.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

unvote, vote: omg_im_innocent_wtf

Even if hes not scum, his behaviour isnt helping the town at all. Hes just rambling about how good he is, how wrong everyone else is, why everyone else is a retard and that he is using sarcasm. Without ever oproviding us with any real arguments for his choices ("you're stupid if you dont see it" isnt a argument.

One could say he is pressuring, but then he is doing it the wrong way. With claims so obviously unbased, theres noone who would feel the need to defend himself.

You don't hurt the scums much by causing confusion, since they know who belongs to them anyways, but it has the potential to really hurt the town. Afterall, isnt that the main strategy of the scums? Causing confusion to let us kill each other?

Im sure ill get flamed by omg, for being a retard, for being blind, for taking his sarcastic comments seriously, and for reasons I can't even imagine. Bring it on omg.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

atakdog wrote:
(Since you seem to love having things spelled out: how is it not obvious that he's putting pressure on the players he's calling scum?)
this is attacks response to cougars post i just commented on. pretty much my thoughts exactly

village points for atak
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:03 pm

SiestaGuru wrote:

Even if hes not scum, his behaviour isnt helping the town at all. Hes just rambling about how good he is, how wrong everyone else is, why everyone else is a retard and that he is using sarcasm. Without ever oproviding us with any real arguments for his choices ("you're stupid if you dont see it" isnt a argument.

One could say he is pressuring, but then he is doing it the wrong way. With claims so obviously unbased, theres noone who would feel the need to defend himself.

You don't hurt the scums much by causing confusion, since they know who belongs to them anyways, but it has the potential to really hurt the town. Afterall, isnt that the main strategy of the scums? Causing confusion to let us kill each other?

Im sure ill get flamed by omg, for being a retard, for being blind, for taking his sarcastic comments seriously, and for reasons I can't even imagine. Bring it on omg.
wat
i swear im not mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by mith »

It has been brought to my attention that a large number of the players in this game have all come from another site. Obviously we welcome new players and new styles. That said, discussing the game outside of this thread, except where allowed by your role, is against the rules of the game and the site.

The mod is aware of the situation and has decided to let the game continue. Given the unique circumstances, however, I felt the other players should be made aware.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:05 pm

Thats a pretty emotion charged first post imo.
i swear im not mafia
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote:

wat
At least the amount of flaming is less then I expected..

Hurry up omg, you should be using your ego to combat these accusations now. :P
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

mith wrote:It has been brought to my attention that a large number of the players in this game have all come from another site. Obviously we welcome new players and new styles. That said, discussing the game outside of this thread, except where allowed by your role, is against the rules of the game and the site.

The mod is aware of the situation and has decided to let the game continue. Given the unique circumstances, however, I felt the other players should be made aware.
Was someone discussing the game somewhere?
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:09 pm

This feels really weird from someone who doesnt know anything about me and has just entered the game.

Why exactly would you expect me to flame you?
i swear im not mafia
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:i have one more wolf that im going to keep wtch on (tone based so far). i dont want him / her to change it up for a bit...lets see what they spew
see, now this is the tact mike should have taken with atak.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

ScottHoward wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
zhaorx wrote:anyway, there's a scum among siesta, mada, cougar. bank on it.
Why? You give no reasoning whatsoever why you think we're scum.
zhaorx wrote:people who have to come up with some "purpose" for putting a vote on someone on Day 1 is a solid scum tell.
OK, this can go either way. Some of us do what are called "pressure votes", and those aren't scummy. Voting someone to get that person policy lynched is usually scummy, though. Could you clarify what you're trying to tell us?
this post struck me as odd. mainly because i thought zhaorx did give reasoning for siesta and mada. if my recolection is correct, then cougar is essentially asking "why are you suspicious of me" but is including others as well for some reason.
and then he asks which type of voting z was doing, when given cougars 2 types, its fairly obvious how they should be categorized.
Actually, not all votes are policy lynch votes or pressure votes—those were just the two examples, one scummy and one not, that came off the top of my head. For example, I distinguish between the latter and a "real" vote—a vote made because someone was legitimately scummy that says "if I had a daykill ability, I would use it on this person right now". Pressure votes are simply that and are solely intended to elicit a response. I didn't include all the possible interpretations of that post because I didn't see it necessary.

But again, I was trying to work out what exactly zhaorx's motive was here. Scummier posts have come up since, so I haven't pursued him lately and I don't see a good reason to.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:This feels really weird from someone who doesnt know anything about me and has just entered the game.

What makes you think I just joined this game? :?

I posted two or three times before, and usually I wait with my posts untill i have something meaningfull to say....

Obviously ive carefully read all posts in here, and I noticed you quickly resort to saying people are stupid if they dont agree with your unbased opinions.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:17 pm

SiestaGuru wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:This feels really weird from someone who doesnt know anything about me and has just entered the game.

What makes you think I just joined this game? :?

I posted two or three times before, and usually I wait with my posts untill i have something meaningfull to say....

Obviously ive carefully read all posts in here, and I noticed you quickly resort to saying people are stupid if they dont agree with your unbased opinions.
Very strange. So which posts in particular did you notice?

It seems you are trying to flame/irritate me and Im not sure why, especially considering I dont know you.

I dont even know if this is townie/scum behavior... Actually I have one theory but i think it would be a bad idea to say it.

Probably best I just ignore you I guess.
i swear im not mafia
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

ZazieR wrote:Stef is aggressive. If you can't live with his posts so far, leave this game now ;).
Trust me now, I know. Stef and I have had many quote wars :D.

Unvote vote omg_im_innocent_wtf

As that claim bothers me a lot right now. Why did you do it
?
stef is aggressive? stef plays like a crybaby imo. (note that i am talking about his mafia skill, not him personally)

also, everybody note the bolded part. more probing, scum style
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Scott - You have a good point on ZazieR. There is also a general tone to his posts that sounds like a scum watching town on town violence and just inserting himself in to conversations to appear active without saying much.

But matrix is scum 100% of the time. I assume you will get to that eventually.
i swear im not mafia
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

ZazieR wrote:Why was Stef's vote scummy?
What do you think of OIIW's 'claim'?
more of the same
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Stef »

Nice try avoiding the rules to be able to pass through an insult. Can you PLEASE keep this about the game? I can debate how that was actually an insult and a breach of the rules. Can you actually debate how it was relevant to the game?
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

Stef wrote:Nice try avoiding the rules to be able to pass through an insult. Can you PLEASE keep this about the game? I can debate how that was actually an insult and a breach of the rules. Can you actually debate how it was relevant to the game?
Who are you responding to?
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:26 pm

"I can debate how that was actually an insult and a breach of the rules"

Please do.
i swear im not mafia

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”