She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 24, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 23, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 22, Deal With The Devil wrote: I'm perplexed at how anyone could have reads at this point in the game, but go for it.
Eh, I guess pushing for sacrifice like that could be kind of sus.
Go for it.

- Alianna
So I was going to order this post differently and accidentally left the other "go for it" there and now it sounds weird.

- Alianna
I like this support you are giving me when I.....

....go for it.

And Snivy is really the only legit read I have now, I do think Merlyn has a towny vibe so far, as does Aureal.

But Snivy is really pinging me, and their most recent post about not caring about day talk seems like so sketch.....glad Merlyn called him out on it.

Also, I feel like this game can play to our individual strengths well. I think I am going to defer to you on the Projects, you are a bit more mech savvy than me.....I will focus more on getting reads on players.....a bit of divide and conquer strategy. Obviously all feedback will be welcome and appreciated
Sounds like a plan.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Deal With The Devil »

You were just waiting for that page top weren't you?

-Drew
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 26, Deal With The Devil wrote: You were just waiting for that page top weren't you?

-Drew
Of course!
I townread Alianna.

Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:13 pm

Gonna take a stab at a Ranger read list:

Merlyn
Aureal
JasonWazza
SirCakez
RCEnigma
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
HighFlyingDwarf
Roden
Cat Scratch Fever
marcista
Cat Scratch Fever
camelCasedSnivy

Dwarf being the null line since I don't they have posted.

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:14 pm

Me sharing a braincell with Aureal makes me want to TR her. Idk if that's a good metric to TR someone, but it is what it is.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:14 pm

In post 28, Deal With The Devil wrote: Gonna take a stab at a Ranger read list:

Merlyn
Aureal
JasonWazza
SirCakez
RCEnigma
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
HighFlyingDwarf
Roden
Cat Scratch Fever
marcista
Cat Scratch Fever
camelCasedSnivy

Dwarf being the null line since I don't they have posted.

-Drew
*don't think they have posted

Pre Edit: Oh it is a good reason imo
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Interesting that you have both Cat Scratch Fevers as scummy, why is that?

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:19 pm

In post 31, Deal With The Devil wrote: Interesting that you have both Cat Scratch Fevers as scummy, why is that?

- Alianna
You never heard of the double scum role?

Or you can just pretend that they are between roden and marci.

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:34 pm

In post 32, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 31, Deal With The Devil wrote: Interesting that you have both Cat Scratch Fevers as scummy, why is that?

- Alianna
You never heard of the double scum role?

Or you can just pretend that they are between roden and marci.

-Drew
Those murderous cats must be up to no good.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:36 pm

I'd make a Ranger readslist of my own but I have other things I should really go do and I barely remember anything that's happened this game.

- Alianna
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 264, meowmeow wrote: VOTE: cat scratch fever

there can only be one
meowmeow is reading the hydra PT.
I townread Alianna.

Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:32 pm

Meow
Roden
CSF
Roden
Merlyn
Aureal
Marci
RCEnigma
HighFlyingDwarf
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
camelCasedSnivy

Updated reads, really only feeling Snivy for actual scum now.

Penguin and Nurse are only below the null line, so slightly, because they haven't done much.

Marci I think the issues I have had with them are playstyle, think they are coming off more towny now.

Roden made a great post just now in regards to Merlyn, still feel Merlyn is town but slightly less confident....but much more confident that Roden is town.

And not sure why I had CSF so low beforem feel they are towny.

Loved Meow's entrance and questioning as well.

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:41 pm

Mod

Can I copy a paste posts from here into the main game?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 37, Deal With The Devil wrote:
Mod

Can I copy a paste posts from here into the main game?
You may draft posts here, but if you do please make it clear what is intended to be a draft
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by biancospino »

Btw, while it's best to, you don't actually
have
to sign your posts. It's ok if you forget sometimes...
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:57 pm

In post 60, JasonWazza wrote: So to be clear, the reason to get printing press, is we can actually determine what to do in a long term way via this, yes we lose 10k tomorrow, i think that is worth it overall.

Thing is we don't know the costs of later items, we don't know the cost of trading outpost 2.0, so investing in these might be a bust, and actually just assist Scum, as i think a few rules haven't really been noted by a few people.
In post 1, biancospino wrote: If no project is being undertaken at Night, the Insurgence is free to do its biddings and gain $60,000. If only one project is being undertaken, there will still be little enough traffic that the Insurgence can manage to gain $20,000.
Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them.
These 2 rules actually give us a lot of information on what the Insurgents can likely do.

First note, Insurgence gaining money is a key thing to note, odds are they get a %age of everything we spend, spending more might not be worth funding them, but also there is a risk of unspent money being just as bad.
Second note, the fact they can bid at night is interesting, as this is clearly giving them enough for an assassination, therefore they might not have a standard kill, given they have the ability to fund their own.

So the reason to get Printing press follows on that we want to know if there is anything worth potentially giving the scum more money and kills for, rather then to just potentially spend recklessly, because for all we know, none of the deep investigative options are worth it (especially since the one we have access to is 50k for a terrible ability.)
In post 65, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 63, marcistar wrote: Scum probably also needs to spend $ to unlock more actions like we do then right?
No i think they have the same action list, but might not have access to sacrifice.

But this list actually give a scum team a decent chunk of power with things like this.
In post 7, biancospino wrote: Appointed Jury ($20,000)-- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
Injunction ($30,000) -- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
For relatively cheap, the scum team can get the ability to hammer privately, or disable a strong players voting power, while also just being able to kill, otherwise why does this exist for town
In post 0, biancospino wrote: Election Security ($10,000) -- tomorrow, there will be no voting tricks (all vote weights will be one, secret extra votes won't count, etc.)

P-Edit: I think a hint is helpful to tell us if we care, if we aren't getting something like a cop, do you really want to fund a kill?
In post 258, meowmeow wrote: first of all, i don't
think
this has been brought up, sorry if i missed it, but it seems likely that many of the projects, if not all, have some kind of drawback which aid the insurgents. this is because, firstly, the mod explicitly " Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them." and secondly, if we don't choose projects the insurgency gets given money as compensation, which implies that otherwise not choosing projects would be a viable strategy that the mods want to discourage. unfortunately, i'm not really sure what these would be, but it seems likely that it's mostly just based on the amount of money we spend on the project which is somehow siphoned off by the insurgents, given the use of the word 'financing.' but perhaps there's something else for the 'sacrifice' project?
Really tinfoily theory: something is up with the consistency and with meow not realizing or not mentioning it's been brought up.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:02 pm

In post 40, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 60, JasonWazza wrote: So to be clear, the reason to get printing press, is we can actually determine what to do in a long term way via this, yes we lose 10k tomorrow, i think that is worth it overall.

Thing is we don't know the costs of later items, we don't know the cost of trading outpost 2.0, so investing in these might be a bust, and actually just assist Scum, as i think a few rules haven't really been noted by a few people.
In post 1, biancospino wrote: If no project is being undertaken at Night, the Insurgence is free to do its biddings and gain $60,000. If only one project is being undertaken, there will still be little enough traffic that the Insurgence can manage to gain $20,000.
These 2 rules actually give us a lot of information on what the Insurgents can likely do.

First note, Insurgence gaining money is a key thing to note, odds are they get a %age of everything we spend, spending more might not be worth funding them, but also there is a risk of unspent money being just as bad.
Second note, the fact they can bid at night is interesting, as this is clearly giving them enough for an assassination, therefore they might not have a standard kill, given they have the ability to fund their own.

So the reason to get Printing press follows on that we want to know if there is anything worth potentially giving the scum more money and kills for, rather then to just potentially spend recklessly, because for all we know, none of the deep investigative options are worth it (especially since the one we have access to is 50k for a terrible ability.)
In post 63, marcistar wrote: Scum probably also needs to spend $ to unlock more actions like we do then right?
No i think they have the same action list, but might not have access to sacrifice.

But this list actually give a scum team a decent chunk of power with things like this.
In post 7, biancospino wrote: Appointed Jury ($20,000)-- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
Injunction ($30,000) -- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
For relatively cheap, the scum team can get the ability to hammer privately, or disable a strong players voting power, while also just being able to kill, otherwise why does this exist for town
In post 0, biancospino wrote: Election Security ($10,000) -- tomorrow, there will be no voting tricks (all vote weights will be one, secret extra votes won't count, etc.)

P-Edit: I think a hint is helpful to tell us if we care, if we aren't getting something like a cop, do you really want to fund a kill?
think
this has been brought up, sorry if i missed it, but it seems likely that many of the projects, if not all, have some kind of drawback which aid the insurgents. this is because, firstly, the mod explicitly " Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them." and secondly, if we don't choose projects the insurgency gets given money as compensation, which implies that otherwise not choosing projects would be a viable strategy that the mods want to discourage. unfortunately, i'm not really sure what these would be, but it seems likely that it's mostly just based on the amount of money we spend on the project which is somehow siphoned off by the insurgents, given the use of the word 'financing.' but perhaps there's something else for the 'sacrifice' project?
Really tinfoily theory: something is up with the consistency and with meow not realizing or not mentioning it's been brought up.
Well, when I replace in to a game a rarely read the posts of who I repped into.

Especially this early in the game.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:11 pm

In post 41, Deal With The Devil wrote:

think

I read them, but it's not that. I just did a double take at the fact that they jumped to talking about the exact same mech stuff independently of each other.
I don't know that it actually means anything. I'm just using this PT to post the thoughts that are too tinfoily to post in the gamethread lol.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:17 pm

In post 42, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 41, Deal With The Devil wrote:

think

I read them, but it's not that. I just did a double take at the fact that they jumped to talking about the exact same mech stuff independently of each other.
I don't know that it actually means anything. I'm just using this PT to post the thoughts that are too tinfoily to post in the gamethread lol.

- Alianna
Hmmm.

Didn't even see that aspect, might not be that tinfoily tbh. Would make more sense if Meow came in like 'As Jason said.....'

But hey presented it as their own independent thought, might actually be good to bring up in the game thread.

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:23 pm

I'm currently making a primitive readslist, might post that take in thread after.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:03 pm

In post 44, Deal With The Devil wrote: I'm currently making a primitive readslist, might post that take in thread after.

- Alianna
Well, I was going to, and then I got sucked down a rabbit hole of mech.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:09 pm

In post 45, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 44, Deal With The Devil wrote: I'm currently making a primitive readslist, might post that take in thread after.

- Alianna
Well, I was going to, and then I got sucked down a rabbit hole of mech.

- Alianna
Better you than me lol

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:10 pm

In post 36, Deal With The Devil wrote: Meow
Roden
CSF
Roden
Merlyn
Aureal
Marci
RCEnigma
HighFlyingDwarf
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
camelCasedSnivy

Penguin and Nurse are only below the null line, so slightly, because they haven't done much.

Marci I think the issues I have had with them are playstyle, think they are coming off more towny now.

Roden made a great post just now in regards to Merlyn, still feel Merlyn is town but slightly less confident....but much more confident that Roden is town.

-Drew
Now there's two Rodens and no Cakez.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:19 pm

In post 47, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 36, Deal With The Devil wrote: Meow
Roden
CSF
Roden
Merlyn
Aureal
Marci
RCEnigma
HighFlyingDwarf
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
camelCasedSnivy

-Drew
Now there's two Rodens and no Cakez.

- Alianna
Ironically that is how I feel about Cakez lol, he could be town or scum.......not worth having him on a list and shitting it up haha.

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:56 pm

Reads:

{Deal With The Devil}

{meowmeow, Aureal}

{Merlyn}

{RCEnigma, Roden, Cat Scratch Fever}

{Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, SirCakez, marcistar}

{PenguinPower}

{camelCasedSnivy}

{
Deal With The Devil
}

These are actually not too different from yours.
Aureal just has a :sparkles:vibe:sparkles:.
I can't read CSF so I'll probably leave that call to you.
marci is dead null because it's almost 1 AM and I really don't want to look at one last ISO.

- Alianna

Return to “Completed Game Topics”