UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:56 am

Post by AniX »

How convenient that Weird Dreams Mafia seems to have a joke to cover every single suspicious thing a user has done today. Truly the swiss army knife of games. All of this setting aside that a list mod making one or more abilities off this game that everyone seems to know about already would be perfectly mundane. Hell, I would say it would even be expected.

I am very comfortable with where my vote is right now. Either you haven't been reading the game (sus) and thus didn't know to be careful with post triggers or your post triggers on Hurt.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Why is anix still alive
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

HURT: anix
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 223, DragonEater70 wrote: Do yourself a favor and read the first few oages of that game:

viewtopic.php?t=91177
just a word of advice, would ignore this lane of attack towards you and not turn it into a back and forth of this nitpicking. Make them broaden their read basically.

Already can see multiple people find it a bit of an absurd point *especially* with context that you provided.

I think you've projected town fairly strongly so I'm highly critical of anyone trying to latch onto stuff like this to push your slot
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:02 am

Post by AniX »

In post 226, Save The Dragons wrote: Why is anix still alive
Ah, here is the (now) second most suspicious person in the game, right on cue to cape for the first most suspicious.

Mafia Hunter Paragon is the Scummie for catching Mafia, right? I won't lie, I am going to be smug AF if my first game in 20 years I peg the mafia team day 1.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Cook »

i don’t like these hurt tags one bit and i’m gonna stop saying “oh you can have my night action” now
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Cook »

good morning town

Inventor of 3d20 //
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:08 am

Post by AniX »

In post 228, DkKoba wrote:
In post 223, DragonEater70 wrote: Do yourself a favor and read the first few oages of that game:

viewtopic.php?t=91177
just a word of advice, would ignore this lane of attack towards you and not turn it into a back and forth of this nitpicking. Make them broaden their read basically.

Already can see multiple people find it a bit of an absurd point *especially* with context that you provided.

I think you've projected town fairly strongly so I'm highly critical of anyone trying to latch onto stuff like this to push your slot
Oh ok, you want/need to do something to DragonEater tonight so you need to keep doing a "DragonEater is pure. DragonEater is good" bit. That's your neg-utility. I got it, no worries.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Cook »

what if someone had a post restriction requiring them to pocket another player

that’d be kinda fucked up huh

Inventor of 3d20 //
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 230, Cook wrote: i don’t like these hurt tags one bit and i’m gonna stop saying “oh you can have my night action” now
When did you say that?

Also, understandable. I was making a joke but I guess it's a bit tasteless to joke based on something that only half the people present would be aware of. Sorry for that.
In post 231, Cook wrote: good morning town
???
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:11 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 232, AniX wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=91177

Oh ok, you want/need to do something to DragonEater tonight so you need to keep doing a "DragonEater is pure. DragonEater is good" bit. That's your neg-utility. I got it, no worries.
JFC can we stop speculating about abilities relating to what you right in thread and actually focus on scumhunting?

And you still haven't explain why you scumread StD, I'm waiting for your explanation.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 229, AniX wrote:
Ah, here is the (now) second most suspicious person in the game, right on cue to cape for the first most suspicious.

Mafia Hunter Paragon is the Scummie for catching Mafia, right? I won't lie, I am going to be smug AF if my first game in 20 years I peg the mafia team day 1.
no offense but this is kinda a series of pretty shallow takes that doesn't really consider the context or attempt to find supporting evidence ...
You may have noticed that I have yet to move my vote of you. At some point early on that vote secretly became serious because of the aforementioned "coffee tell" joke I told. It was actually scummy to me that you were making preemptive excuses and I was waiting to see how you would trend. To start scumreading people with processes like this is concerning to me. Granted I cannot always attribute to malice what could be explained by something else - so I'm laying out what I personally am observing to you to see if I can redirect you to a more effective line, if that is to prove better your point against dragoneater/std with stronger arguments, or to acknowledge the read was premature and/or has more evidence pointing to the opposite, we don't care - just that you help us see better your process and to strengthen it to get a higher potential of play out.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Anyway, for AniX, DK, and anyone else who might be confused:

What I meant with post was:

"The players that I sorta townread more than others are Skygazer, Bingle, Cook and Doctor Drew."
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Aureal »

Good morning to you also!

I responded to your prompt because I am town!

:lol:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 am

Post by DkKoba »

Like I think dragoneater has shown a pretty eager willingness to solve and curiosity in their play that is towny in nature - there are points of light naivety that make me feel that they are definitely not informed and their explanations feel natural and at ease, minus the frustration of what is undoubtedly an untrue accusation against their slot.

Im on mobile but I struggle to see how dragoneater is anything but independent. Call it TMI if you want, but even in scum me world that still implies they are town.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:17 am

Post by AniX »

I'll come out and say, since I am already all but implying it, but my ability also triggers upon my performance of certain actions or lack thereof during the day. I will say it is not something that would amount to a posting restriction, voluntary or involuntary, nor does it compel me to mislead or otherwise say things I don't actually 100% believe.
In post 235, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 232, AniX wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=91177

JFC can we stop speculating about abilities relating to what you right in thread and actually focus on scumhunting?

And you still haven't explain why you scumread StD, I'm waiting for your explanation.
I never really SCUMREAD StD, If I felt "StD is basically confirmed mafia" I would have just said that. But lists only work in the two dimensions and someone has to be at the bottom. Given the way StD had been acting, my trust was towards him the least.

As to your first point, in a game so ability-dependent and focused as this, figuring out abilities IS scumhunting.
In post 236, DkKoba wrote:
In post 229, AniX wrote:

no offense but this is kinda a series of pretty shallow takes that doesn't really consider the context or attempt to find supporting evidence ...
You may have noticed that I have yet to move my vote of you. At some point early on that vote secretly became serious because of the aforementioned "coffee tell" joke I told. It was actually scummy to me that you were making preemptive excuses and I was waiting to see how you would trend. To start scumreading people with processes like this is concerning to me. Granted I cannot always attribute to malice what could be explained by something else - so I'm laying out what I personally am observing to you to see if I can redirect you to a more effective line, if that is to prove better your point against dragoneater/std with stronger arguments, or to acknowledge the read was premature and/or has more evidence pointing to the opposite, we don't care - just that you help us see better your process and to strengthen it to get a higher potential of play out.
Yeah, ok, two consecutive "Let me try to give you some tips on how to play the game better" but also they are the most generic handholding a newbie stuff imaginable, this is DEFINITELY a post restriction.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 236, DkKoba wrote:coffee tell
Stupid question, what's a coffee tell?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 230, Cook wrote: i don’t like these hurt tags one bit and i’m gonna stop saying “oh you can have my night action” now
HURT WITH A BLADE: Cook
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:19 am

Post by AniX »

"You can do XYZ ability BUT you need to treat everyone/people you want to target like it's baby's first mafia game" Twilight of the Newbie Mods, maybe?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 238, Aureal wrote:
Good morning to you also!

I responded to your prompt because I am town!

:lol:
I believe you. Damn this game is easy.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 240, AniX wrote: As to your first point, in a game so ability-dependent and focused as this, figuring out abilities IS scumhunting.
Okay. Let me clarify: Can we focus on dayplay rather than abilities? Unless we're going for a massclaim or something it feels weird to speculate about a bunch of soft claims, which may or may not even be real claims. IMO.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:24 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 240, AniX wrote: Yeah, ok, two consecutive "Let me try to give you some tips on how to play the game better" but also they are the most generic handholding a newbie stuff imaginable, this is DEFINITELY a post restriction.
What the hell? Do you actually think there will be a role that forces someone to adopt a certain attitude in posting? How can that even be enforced?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

btw just wanna say I don't scumread AniX, just in disagreement with their way of thinking. However I don't think arguing with them is gonna get me anywhere.

Aureal: can I get your reads please? You literally haven't voiced a single one since game started.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:30 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Drew I also wanna hear who you are scumreading. Are you sticking with your RVS vote on Ranger or do you have somewhere more spicy to place your vote?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

@Mod, any chance for a VC?