Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 222, Starfire wrote: UNVOTE:

Liking Naerys for town, and Political Clout for town . Seems to be a real attempt to sort me from PolClout, and rereading it looks like we had a bit of a misunderstanding. Nae bother if you don't believe just yet.

@PoliticalClout going to try this one last time. I thought you were trolling at first (shitposting, joking) because there's no other reason to be scum-claiming. Calling you Jester was an effort at sharing that joke while voting for you was trying to shift you out of trolling. This can be rightly criticized as inconsistent, I should have decided to banter or push you. Saw you as scum and kept the vote, re-evaluating it and don't think so anymore.

Bellaphant's gut reads still feel bad, but I'm not confident saying it's scummy. @Naerys, why is trying to be seen as useful a town read? Pretty sure everyone wants to be seen as useful either so they don't get mislimmed or as scum so they don't get found.

Random Nurse's claim is untestable, this is a spare lim if we have basically nothing. I don't like the bulletproof modifier

@Hu Tao, yes it's awkward to draw attention to the awkwardness of a player posting after they have been replaced, why does this make a Clout vote?

VOTE: HuTao

Not a huge fan of SaveTheDragons trolling, but I don't think its necessarily AI. Goes with Random Nurse as a spare lim if we don't get anything better.

Partner is up for the next 5 days, so I'll be trying to do one post per day (will definitely pick the pace up after she leaves Wednesday evening). See y'all tomorrow.
UNVOTE: Starfire

Okay I forgive

Also I have been rereading the game a lot but haven't been posting my thoughts.and it's only like the first five pages I have no idea why. I am in this very weird place of thinking wether or not I should bring up stuff from page 1, but ultimately I go to like...why bother? It makes me feel like I am playing the game behind everyone else.

I've been thinking a lot on the fundamentals of mafia and this site and a bit partly of civil scums opening approach to the game of policy lim lurkers since people have been calling them town and for sum reasons that rubbed me the wrong way. Essentially Mr. Scum is boxing with shadows. And has announced that he would be boxing with these shadows openly. I've skimmed a few games of Mr. civil I don't recall them doing this in the first four games on this site. I also realized I was incredibly bored reading old games so I stopped. What I actually need to do is look at what civil has been doing and who they have been voting for. Are they actually playing the game or are they only appearing to be playing the game by voting and pushing someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

Also am I crazy or does Hu Taos opening stink of scum...or am I crazy??? Lol who even says only hi as their first post lmao.i really think I've maybe done that before. But I liked their post where they said boo! How funny would that be if Hu Tao flipped red this game. Maybe I'm just really paranoid like really really paranoid about everyone...forever.

Also I don't see nearys(????) Doing anything except like vibing(?) and I have no idea where they go.

@bellaphant hello again. I believe I won that game posthumously. I should have spoken more d2 it's a shame Chicago was tunneled on me. I should have figured it was you since you quietly moved your vote. How are you? Are you town this time? What do you think about bob13? I have a lot of thoughts about Bob. Finally do you think mods who employ wotm or wotc are seeking moral desert? To me once a game ends I let go of everything but if people are plotting like 14 year old villains writing people's names in there deathnote that's so weird and runs at cross purposes to the fundamentals of this site which by all accounts is the playing of games and by looking at the rules appears to be inclusivity if you ask I have a lot more to say. I digress. I should really look at activity counter statistics and see if the top poster is always town. Oops I digressed again. Let's talk about kkfc too you go first since I'm still rereading a lot. I don't want to take over the entire game with my looks and charisma and such good amazing thoughtful posts that I do but I am a narcissist and want everything to be about me y'know? Maybe we should talk about civil ape too...also are you using me to hide behind or to something entirely different?

I also keep going back to millers...they should claim in their first post in the game but I don't see rn doing that and if they are an x bulletproof why reveal their BP modifier. Smells like a fake claim. Smells very very dank. I think I will say I now tentatively maybe believe Mr nurse.
Ya basic!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Ah yes. I forgot. Saying hi to people is scummy. I forget that I need to give into the social norm on this site to post forced jokes in the beginning of the game. My apologies.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:51 pm

In post 354, Hu Tao wrote: Ah yes. I forgot. Saying hi to people is scummy. I forget that I need to give into the social norm on this site to post forced jokes in the beginning of the game. My apologies.
What an interesting reaction. Can you expand on it?
Ya basic!
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 354, Hu Tao wrote: Ah yes. I forgot. Saying hi to people is scummy. I forget that I need to give into the social norm on this site to post forced jokes in the beginning of the game. My apologies.
Where did someone say saying hi was scummy again
iavh is slightly annoyed
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:57 pm

In post 356, iamveryhappy wrote:
Where did someone say saying hi was scummy again
Me! On this very page infact
Ya basic!
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 11, Hu Tao wrote:Hi
In post 45, Hu Tao wrote: Boo! Scared?
feels like the typical shitpost I might do in a chat mafia game.
@PC I don't get your point.
iavh is slightly annoyed
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:05 pm

In post 358, iamveryhappy wrote:
In post 11, Hu Tao wrote:Hi
In post 45, Hu Tao wrote: Boo! Scared?
feels like the typical shitpost I might do in a chat mafia game.
@PC I don't get your point.
After reading it for like idk 20 times it just felt odd to me the first post. But I really liked the second post since I laughed. On balance I would put more equity in the first post though. Again as I said before I could be really crazy and really paranoid.
Ya basic!
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:48 pm

Post by Greeting »

It’s
Greeting
not Greetings. I know it’s a shit username and I don’t know what was going through my head when I made the account, but I kinda got used to it at this point.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:56 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Kkfc's first five posts are mainly about theory and game: it's fine.
6 is fine to start with, but the make it hurt is weird.
The follow up in 8 9 10 is poor, 11 is much better but why did it take four posts to get to a sensible answer (the fact that it's taken a dialogue suggests to me that 6 8 9 10 were poor for other people too)
12 isn't great, 13 is better
I disagree with a lot of 18 but can see the thought process
Happy with the std Sus
I still think the defense of a player who isn't here and isn't under that much pressure is weird. If they were a leading wagon, id be less weirded out
The first half of 25 looks really town and the second half feels like reaching for a conclusion you already know.
Why are the tr on me fine? I wasn't really aware anyone was apart from civil, and that's because I seen to just be agreeing with them a lot ;)
You thinking I'm scum reading you isn't quite what I'm saying, though. I think it's more town that you are this jumpy, maybe. Even your paranoid about 'starting the convo ': I meant funneling it down to this.
I like the std vote.

I'm willing to think this is just me having issues with your communication style.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:57 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I find greeting really hard to read but they are pretty good at susssing me when I'm scum.
Starfire
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Starfire
She/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Its

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:10 pm

Post by Starfire »

@ Hu Tao, okay but why is it *scummy* to post about it? This currently reads like "PoliticalClout is cringe, so I'll vote for him."
In post 215, Naerys wrote: As of right now, i believe atleast 1 scum is lurking. Bazuf/ Greeting are rather unreadable thanks to low posts and i am starting to believe atleast one of them is a scum.
I really don't like this, this seems way too confident and somewhat informed. Why are scum lurking, why are Bazuf/Greeting more likely than anyone else with 'low posts'? I like KityKimFanClub's

Putting Naerys, Hu Tao, and Bellaphant toward the scum side of things right now.

Apologies for the low content posting, will be back within a few days, currently spending time with my partner while she is up. Hopefully not going to miss a day again, but just in case.

Mod, requesting VLA until Wednesday 2200 UTC +1
The opposite of grimdark is hopepunk, pass it on
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 363, Starfire wrote: @ Hu Tao, okay but why is it *scummy* to post about it? This currently reads like "PoliticalClout is cringe, so I'll vote for him."
In post 215, Naerys wrote: As of right now, i believe atleast 1 scum is lurking. Bazuf/ Greeting are rather unreadable thanks to low posts and i am starting to believe atleast one of them is a scum.
I really don't like this, this seems way too confident and somewhat informed. Why are scum lurking, why are Bazuf/Greeting more likely than anyone else with 'low posts'? I like KityKimFanClub's

Putting Naerys, Hu Tao, and Bellaphant toward the scum side of things right now.

Apologies for the low content posting, will be back within a few days, currently spending time with my partner while she is up. Hopefully not going to miss a day again, but just in case.

name some trs by the way if you can.
iavh is slightly annoyed
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:57 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 363, Starfire wrote: @ Hu Tao, okay but why is it *scummy* to post about it? This currently reads like "PoliticalClout is cringe, so I'll vote for him."

what you think points to Naerys being informed rather than just overconfient on read. As its a common read to claim that they think one of 2 players is scum. Even if often its wrong
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:15 am

Post by Civil Scum »

“PC wrote: I've been thinking a lot on the fundamentals of mafia and this site and a bit partly of civil scums opening approach to the game of policy lim lurkers since people have been calling them town and for sum reasons that rubbed me the wrong way. Essentially Mr. Scum is boxing with shadows. And has announced that he would be boxing with these shadows openly. I've skimmed a few games of Mr. civil I don't recall them doing this in the first four games on this site. I also realized I was incredibly bored reading old games so I stopped. What I actually need to do is look at what civil has been doing and who they have been voting for. Are they actually playing the game or are they only appearing to be playing the game by voting and pushing someone who isn't here to defend themselves.
I’ve been away for over a decade and so did a lot of thinking about the game before I came back. I’ve often thought that lurking was the main problem with mafia in this format. After returning and seeing that daytime lengths had been halved, I finally decided it was time to push the lim lurker policy for once. Lim lurker policy has been around forever btw, I’m hardly the first to bring this up.

As for this last point, I was after Bazuf for his third post pretty soon after it was made, how was I to know he’d never come back?
“PC” wrote: I don't want to take over the entire game with my looks and charisma and such good amazing thoughtful posts that I do but I am a narcissist and want everything to be about me y'know? Maybe we should talk about civil ape too...
Presumably we all have smartphones here? Not a single thing I have done has prevented anyone from being more active than they have been.

As for why would RN reveal his BP modifier. I am interested to know RNs reasoning for that.

I have to look at the specific posts later of KKFCs that Bellaphants referencing. I think KKFC has been oddly hung up on issues of consistency around the policy lim discussion which I haven’t liked since I believe him to be capable of deeper analysis.

Hu Tao being a bit feisty here eh?

Naerys is creeping up my list as scum due to things people are saying about their play style this game.

I have a terrible feeling about Greeting who is gradually taking my top spot from Bazuf. Greeting recomends a lurkish strat as scum in the game he linked btw…
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Hey all. I'll be back tonight and will TRY to post. Tuesday night for sure I have off.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Greeting »

I don’t feel like building a case on anyone today. It will have to wait until tomorrow. I did read the thread today though, and I’m starting to feel more confident in my townleans.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 343, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 319, Civil Scum wrote:
In post 309, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 303, Civil Scum wrote:
In post 299, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 296, Naerys wrote: I voted Bazuf beceause i wanted to get some reaction from this player. Cannot be votes used in this way at this stage?
Seems fine to me. I agree there was some overreacting
Can you explain what you mean by this?
Just did
I still don’t understand. Who was overreacting and to what?
Naerys vote and those voting them for it
no one is doing this. try reading
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:14 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 355, Political Clout wrote:
What an interesting reaction. Can you expand on it?
Why do you find it an interestign reaction?

Also thats reaction is town AI for Hu Tao
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 368, Greeting wrote: I don’t feel like building a case on anyone today. It will have to wait until tomorrow. I did read the thread today though, and I’m starting to feel more confident in my townleans.
Should you be building a case on just anyone?

Perhaps you’d like to share some thoughts on the lim lurker policy debate?

I certainly find your silence on the matter interesting, being as I’ve now seen you advocate for lurking as an intelligent scum strategy.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 365, bob3141 wrote:

what you think points to Naerys being informed rather than just overconfient on read. As its a common read to claim that they think one of 2 players is scum. Even if often its wrong
I agree somewhat in that I have seen similar behavior from townies. But I find it odd that Naerys didn’t point to anything in particular about these two that caused her suspicion.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Civil Scum »

@PC: While I am enjoying your Jack Kerouac impression, your self professions of paranoia seem more than a little self-serving…
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Civil Scum »

I also notice you have not said Greeting’s name yet this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”