mystery box of silver 15: i'm killing hostages (negotiated)

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:10 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

vote count 1.5 !

ofrhz (6):
The Bulge, Dannflor, MUSHSHAGANA, Skygazer, HighPrincessErinys, Ranger
DkKoba (4):
Doctor Drew, PookyTheMagicalBear, Meuh, xyzzy
PookyTheMagicalBear (3):
RCEnigma, SirCakez, DkKoba
Ranger (1):
Morning Tweet
SirCakez (1):
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy (1):
ofrhz

not voting (3):
BlueSnakelet, sheepsaysmeep, Alisae

with 19 alive, it takes 10 to rake someone over the coals. day 1 ends when you make it end. i'm killing hostages.

moderateur notes
  • ranger is VLA at various times in the near future per
  • prodding rcenigma
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:22 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Next Cardinals series starts tonight, schadd_. I hope you remember to hear the dulcet tones of Cliff Rigano if and when Tommy blows a hole through the bleachers and bulldozes some kid's car in the parking lot.

Or, you know, sigh in relief when he does another infield single that's barely better than a bunt.

TAKE ME OUT
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 672, MUSHSHAGANA wrote: Uh, I already did consider why I misread town Pooky? I always do a post-mortem of my play after the end of a game. It's even in all the threads. Each time, I reread the whole game and come to conclusions about how myself and everyone else played, mistakes I made, things I can improve on. Except for Burdened By Secrecy, which was a case where Ad stunned our system and the game was over so fast no one else found their footing, if you check the post-game of any game I've played, I analyze my own play or admit that I lost track of the game and can't really recover enough to be sure. Death Curse was a game I was firing on all cylinders, maximum power.

He's doing exactly as much solving as he did in Death Curse. Go ISO that behemoth game if you don't believe me -- and for the record, using Death Curse as an example since you're fond of meta, you're this game's Noraa.
And he did this in pokemon theme game as scum
He does this as town sometimes on purpose to mask his scumplay bc he likes having a trust tell when he actually tries. He has a very easy line to cross to be townread and he knows it if he is town
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:24 am

Post by schadd_ »

the rays have good pitching ;_;
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:25 am

Post by schadd_ »

hilariously enough the team that has allowed the fewest home runs against them is tommy's very own saint louis cardinals, who are otherwise comfortably below average pitching
free darius mccollum

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:26 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

You never know. He could get lucky. Ever watch the Dorktown Dave Stieb special? Total losers breaking up no-hitters with upper-deck artillery barrages out there. Tommy's got a chance.
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:28 am

Post by schadd_ »

are you calling mystery box of silver 15's very own tommy edman's very own self a total loser
free darius mccollum

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:29 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

No, he's just normal-bad at the plate. I'm talking guys who had single-digit career home runs.

It/its pronouns only.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Skygazer »

i predict tommy edman gets three slam dunks tonight
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 683, Skygazer wrote: i predict tommy edman gets three slam dunks tonight
freedom
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Skygazer »

unfortunately three slam dunks are extremely unlikely. i think it can still happen maybe
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:47 am

Post by xyzzy »

i can't wait to watch jon bois do a video about this game of mafia and how it inadvertently led to a radical shift in tommy's batting prowess (this is a prediction)
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 685, Skygazer wrote: unfortunately three slam dunks are extremely unlikely. i think it can still happen maybe
quick, someone bring a hoop out to center field in tampa bay
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 686, xyzzy wrote: i can't wait to watch jon bois do a video about this game of mafia and how it inadvertently led to a radical shift in tommy's batting prowess (this is a prediction)
this made me realize that jon bois and jomboy are two completely separate people that i conflate all the time for some reason

i have seen too many jon bois videos for this to have happened
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:16 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 677, DkKoba wrote:
In post 672, MUSHSHAGANA wrote: Uh, I already did consider why I misread town Pooky? I always do a post-mortem of my play after the end of a game. It's even in all the threads. Each time, I reread the whole game and come to conclusions about how myself and everyone else played, mistakes I made, things I can improve on. Except for Burdened By Secrecy, which was a case where Ad stunned our system and the game was over so fast no one else found their footing, if you check the post-game of any game I've played, I analyze my own play or admit that I lost track of the game and can't really recover enough to be sure. Death Curse was a game I was firing on all cylinders, maximum power.

He's doing exactly as much solving as he did in Death Curse. Go ISO that behemoth game if you don't believe me -- and for the record, using Death Curse as an example since you're fond of meta, you're this game's Noraa.
And he did this in pokemon theme game as scum
He does this as town sometimes on purpose to mask his scumplay bc he likes having a trust tell when he actually tries. He has a very easy line to cross to be townread and he knows it if he is town
lol when did i do this in pokemon
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 635, DkKoba wrote: E) to Dann, I'm most sure of: pooky, xyzzy, and alisae being scum, and mush, orf, you, and skygazer being town. Skygazer being the most obvious of the bunch. Ranger to a lesser degree, there was no need for her to change her mind there as scum
huh why xyzzy

where did HPE scum read go
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

I do not *get* the overwhelming xyzzy scum reads
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 690, Dannflor wrote:
In post 635, DkKoba wrote: E) to Dann, I'm most sure of: pooky, xyzzy, and alisae being scum, and mush, orf, you, and skygazer being town. Skygazer being the most obvious of the bunch. Ranger to a lesser degree, there was no need for her to change her mind there as scum
huh why xyzzy

where did HPE scum read go
had enough decent moments that I wouldn't put them in the same tier as the others I listed anymore
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

what specific decent moments
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Ranger »

I actually am buying into Pooky-scum rn (caught a potential scumtell), yet not strongly enough to prefer him over ofrhz/xyzzy.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

Do u think it's healthy to interrogste me and fill more of the thread with discussion related to my slot purely or like are u and orhers capable of looking elsewhere :/ I don't actually remember and I'm not gonna look back now, gut memory says there was some indignation somewhere that was towny, granted I am extremely cautious bc I got hard snowed by the slot in TM.

No but like seriously it's super pro scum and unhealthy to center discussion around me. Even if I was scum, you're going into d2 with 0 info except like maybe Ranger town, because bussing is the optimal strategy in nightless for mafia (there's some statistic where mafia win nightless most after bussing d1 or something)

There are 5 scum but somehow like consensus seems to rotate around xyzzy/me/orf and like a couple others but the people that have outside this don't have all 3 of the latter. You have a 5 person scumteam, you shouldn't be townreading every slot outside of that
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 691, Dannflor wrote: I do not *get* the overwhelming xyzzy scum reads
tbh that vote on me was super scummy and while most see it as a bus, to me it's just trying to force the wagon thru to me kinda vibe.

----

Anyways, there was something I thought about that I saw from pooky that implies I should let some flips play out before I give final judgment there -> without nk I can afford to keep this to myself for now. I'm still p sure pooky scum bc of how flagrantly he is misreading me uncritically(actually this reminded me that this kinda be like how he pushed prism in that pyp game he ragequit)

VOTE: drew egging on a 1v1 scummy behavior, just wanna poke somewhere new for now.

Would rather pull out a slot like meuh but doesn't look like I have the pull to get pressure on that slot rn
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 694, Ranger wrote: I actually am buying into Pooky-scum rn (caught a potential scumtell), yet not strongly enough to prefer him over ofrhz/xyzzy.
To me it's not really a scumtell outside of the bad faith read on my slot in a meta where he has like a near 100% read rate on me - it's the lack of towntells
(And tbh I should start going thru and building a towncore for myself , I have been too distracted lmao)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

Spoiler:
In post 478, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 475, DkKoba wrote:
In post 473, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Koba bringing up an ancient ass game pings super weird when they most likely have much more recent experience with scum!Ranger but otherwise this one still doesn't super get the Koba wagon.
i literally did this with Ythan in team mafia, i will always find the most recent game I can. The most recent Ranger scumgame was 2016. i must use that game then. I have no other choice.
Fair enough. This one is mostly curious though if you went looking for a Ranger scumgame you were in to compare to, or if you were picking up similar vibes from Ranger compared to that nine year old game and went to grab it to prove it to others.
In post 479, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Cause those two intents feel REALLY different from one another.
In post 491, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 473, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Koba bringing up an ancient ass game pings super weird when they most likely have much more recent experience with scum!Ranger but otherwise this one still doesn't super get the Koba wagon.
its dawning on me koba joined in 2020 and was very much not in bloodborne mafia.
In post 492, HighPrincessErinys wrote: VOTE: DkKoba
This one apologizes but that is such a weird fucking move to pull.
In post 515, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 494, DkKoba wrote:
In post 492, HighPrincessErinys wrote: VOTE: DkKoba
This one apologizes but that is such a weird fucking move to pull.
what is weird and why is it scummy
This one was briefly under the assumption that you were linking Bloodborne Mafia as it was firsthand experience you had with Ranger, but that is very much not the case and it's wondering why the hell you picked that game while claiming "i will always find the most recent game I can. The most recent Ranger scumgame was 2016." when it's not only much easier to find recent games compared to old games, but you also can just... check her wiki page, and from there quickly find her full list of played games. Granted, that page is very outdated, but it does still list a few newer scum games from her, namely Open 641, Open 644, and Micro 617. It's honestly kind of intriguing how you got to Bloodborne Mafia
specifically
and not one of her much more recent scum games OR one of these three later ones on her Played Games page. Either way it's OBJECTIVELY weird and feels like a very bad faith attempt at getting a metaread agreed with.
In post 522, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 517, DkKoba wrote: i told you my method for finding scum games.
i search for the scum PT then find the relevant game
Then how did you miss this PT in favor of one not even on the first page of her topic search?
In post 525, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 521, DkKoba wrote: youre expecting me to sort by thread creation date?
YES????
In post 529, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Okay, this one can believe how you found that PT, but it just speaks to a complete lack of effort to ACTUALLY find the most recent game.
In post 532, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 530, DkKoba wrote: no real difference between 4 years ago and 8 metawise
Big disagree.

this whole pedantic push against koba feels forced and not real and it would be the slot I'd consider most likely to be scum/scum with koba. I think it's kinda scummy if koba is town too.

like, I don't know this whole thing was such a nonissue. dkkoba pulled the most recent scum game they could find from Ranger's history. The fact that it was an old game is a very easy thing to pick at but what does it actually fucking mean in terms of alignment. I don't believe HPE or anyone actually thinks that dkkoba not finding a more recent scum game because they didn't use a specific search method is actually alignment indicative. And yet, this is the only thing HPE harps on with dkkoba despite a wealth of other content. It feels wrong?

Scum players tend to get excited when they catch other players doing "objectively weird" or inconsistent things but more often than not these things are just townies being weird or NAI. spends a whole paragraph on how objectively weird it is for dkkoba to be lazy? like, as if koba's scum game plan was to specifically find an old meta read and hope no one fact checked it? and then just further cements the "you didn't try hard enough and that's scummy" - which I can see that argument if I squint, but I don't think low efforting is a scum tell to use on dkkoba when they are the top poster in this thread

all in all it just feels like a forced push because HPE found something objectively inconsistent and that is very easy for scum to harp on because it doesn't involve actually thinking about someone's alignment.

and now I am kind of incredulous as to what the "decent moments" were in that exchange that you saw kkoba? what in that felt like a genuine attempt to sort you?

pedit: idk i don't like your trajectory on HPE and I don't think it's pro-scum to interrogate that a bit

i also think it's worthwhile to interrogate some of these consensus reads like xyzzy *especially* if you are town dkkoba. obviously the consensus is wrong somewhere if you are town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 695, DkKoba wrote: Do u think it's healthy to interrogste me and fill more of the thread with discussion related to my slot purely or like are u and orhers capable of looking elsewhere :/ I don't actually remember and I'm not gonna look back now, gut memory says there was some indignation somewhere that was towny, granted I am extremely cautious bc I got hard snowed by the slot in TM.
idk if it's unrealistic of me but I would uh actually appreciate if you did go back and look and figure out what your read on HPE is and why

it's not like this is discussion related to your slot purely, I literally want to know your thoughts on another slot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”