He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:53 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oh no broken tag.

Fixed:
In post 1851, Bingle wrote: Your claim was not "Not claiming minutia" it was "Not claiming most of what the role does". Having a complicated role doesn't mean you don't have to claim all of it in massclaim, and to argue otherwise is just disingenuous.
I'll be honest, I can't bring myself to read that wallpost (even though I made a bigger (I think) wallpost myself a few pages ago), but I actually agree that Aureal's claim was extremely unclear on what he role did and what/why she did WRT to neighborizing AniX.
I was also gonna scumcase her for it but I think it's better to wait for the full detailed claim first and maybe that will clear all misunderstandings.

I also have another scumcase prepared on another player but this game is soooo slow and there's no fucking momentum and I feel I'd rather wait until people are actually here before I post it.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1852, DkKoba wrote: tbh aureal's role sounds like the type of power loaded role with townie looking aspects that an average theme mod would design
In post 1853, DkKoba wrote: so if I WAS only using mechs to sort aureal i would kill them 100%

but i also think their dayplay scummy so ggez
Despite what I said last post, I do vibe with this take (but still want to hear Aureal's ful lclaim first).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay I reread and realized I'm really dumb and that I have no clue what MLM is (though now that has been cleared up). Yeah I guess she did full claim? One sec.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Honestly.
She didn't full claim. Like I wasn't able to gather from her claim whether she can recruit multiple people, or if she can only recruit one person who recruits another etc.
I also wasn't able to gather how many recruits she can do in a day. She claims it's broken and we can get 7 vigs, then why is she not explaining it in an accessible way for everyone so that as a town we can decide on a sequence that will ensure 5-6 town-sided vigs today, but just complains about other people ignoring her claim? Ugh.
But all this is NAI.
The thing I really do not like about the slot is that there's like 0 attempt to solve except for the red PM thing. Like the slot is focused on mech only which doesn't feel like Town!Aureal at all (even though I don't know scum!Aureal so I wouldn't be able to tell if it's because she's scum, or just a weird shift in playstyle).

Aaaand I think I'm just rambling at this stage. I would really really like to be able to meaningfully contribute but I really don't hate when people go "eh I guess DE70 is town so I'll unvote and not engage with their opinions at all and also I'll go off the wagon I'm on before even 50% of the players had a chance to react to it and decide if they want in, so now there's no wagon and everyone is asking themselves if the game is going to go anywhere". So please if you hate seeing me rambling (I definitely hate seeing myself rambling), don't do that.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

The red PM thing felt like scum tmi knowing a teammate got different color
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1261, Cook wrote: VOTE: Ranger cause theta just isn't worth limming claimwise
In post 1444, Cook wrote:
In post 1439, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1429, Cook wrote: ranger and koba are on the same team
In post 1430, Cook wrote: beyond that it seems like drew is a good kill

also still waiting on Clout to post
This is a weird couple of posts though.

I am the good kill, but Koba and Ranger are on the same team.

Usually when you say two players are on the same team, you mean they are buddies......if you thought they were both town, you would say they were both town.

Do you know they are both town Cook?

Pre Edit: What lie about Rangers meta?
sorry for not making that clearer

if they are town they are town together (more likely case)

if they are scum they are scum together

not helpful to be pedantic about wording

it comes off as shallow in an untrustworthy manner. you might also call that… everybody say it with me now…
What changed between these two posts?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

Okay, I am trying to not be tilted by what still seems to be pretty bad faith responses. I wrote my claim post up on my phone, while having my lunch break. Obviously it's not going to be the most organized and well-constructed explanation in those circumstances. I was focusing on getting it out there with what I felt was the most important stuff, so that people could start workshopping what to do with it. I expected people to listen to me when I suggested thinking about who would be good to give this power to- this is what I expected people to do, not launch a major discrediting campaign against me. So here I am now, having waited all day to respond to anything else so that I could sit down and do it in a more structured manner.

In post 1838, Bingle wrote: If Player A recruits Player B, can Player B recruit Player A. If Player A recruits Player B and Player C, can Player C recruit Player B. If Player A recruits Player B who recruits Player C, can Player C recruit Player A? If a loop of recruits A > B > C > A is possible, does that result in infinite recruits tracking for all of those players or 3 for each of those players?
Why are you confused about this? On what planet does a multi-level marketing scheme work like this? I asked before if you even knew that that was, and from you referencing ponzi schemes in 1869 I have to think that you do. So why are you trying to confuse the issue by acting like you could possibly think this makes sense?
You can't recruit people who have already been recruited
, it wouldn't be a freaking pyramid if you could, now would it? Here is stuff from that wiki page for those who don't want to bother following the link:

"In the organizational hierarchy of MLM companies, recruited participants (as well as those whom the recruit recruits) are referred to as one's downline distributors"
Do you get notified when a player is recruited or when a player accepts recruitment?
I'm not sure seeing as none has happened yet but probably not? Seeing as there are no other Amway people in the game though, it's all coming from me and not going to be hard for me to spot recruited people setting up recruitment neighborhoods. As I have repeatedly said.
If you do, are you told who recruited that player?

Again, really hard to hide who's recruiting who when you're doing it publicly. There could be some room to muddy the visibility of exact chains seeing as multiple people could set up neighborhoods with the same person, but the people involved at the least should be able to figure who gets the recruit since they will know how many they have (at some point anyway, I've PMed xyzzy asking for more specifics on that).
How is recruitment performed (via PM to xyzzy, via specific text in thread, via specific text in neighborhood?)
I already pretty much explained this right from the get-go while explaining how to confirm you: "Someone just needs to get him to join Amway then he uses a recruitment phrase on another nonAmway person, and if no neighborhood forms that should confirm it to the would be recruit." It didn't
completely
describe the process since that's not what I was focused on or expected anyone to else to be focused on at the moment, but I think it's enough that you shouldn't be acting like a chicken with its head cut off having no idea what I'm talking about. You can see for yourself, post is
very obviously
where I activated on AniX.

Specifically, the process is:
1) quote someone to target them
2) write a recruitment phrase in the post
3) if they acknowledge you, BOOM: neighborhood'd
Do you have access to further neighborhoods created by your recruits, either publicly or privately?
Why would I?
Can the recruit via Vig be refused? Can the recruit via RB be refused?
...can you refuse to be roleblocked or vigged? Like, what????? Is this supposed to be a serious question?!?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 138, Aureal wrote:
In post 130, AniX wrote:
4. I don't eat enough spicy food to know because I only eat one meal a day so I only get 1/3 less chances to eat than most people
My dear sir. Are you too busy to plan meals? Is the hassle of grocery shopping getting you down? Do you want to secure a better future for you and your family? A future of health and happiness and enjoyable food?

Please try our FREE* trial offer: one week's worth of prepared home meal kits, fresh and ready to cook with minimal fuss! Your family will love it! Take control back of your health and your time with our healthy, delicious meals! New recipes added every month!

*Credit card on file required for trial offer: cancel anytime during your free week or your subscription will be automatically renewed for the next quarter at the rate of $80 per week
that was this post wasn't it
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Cook »

the phrase
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1851, Bingle wrote: Is it hard to put the relevant information from the claim in the claim instead of, you know, not massclaiming?
Yes it bloody well is.

I have not ever said the role isn't strong, and that's a fucking glorious misrep that entirely evades why everything you're doing is scummy as shit. But lets look at this. I agree that 17-10 is seven, but you had not even hinted at those numbers prior to this post, calling me out, for not doing that math.
You're a liar, I clearly stated it was 10 recruits in .
Additionally, you've not at all confirmed that a recruit can only be a recruit for one person (you do imply it for the first time here, in the post where you're criticizing me for not doing math with an equation I don't have and variables you haven't offered).
This is just you pulling nonsensical crap out of your ass trying to find something to make me sound bad with. "But the jailkeeper didn't explain whether or not the person they jailed could also jail them in return, OMG they didn't fullclaim SO SCUMMY!!!" :roll:
More importantly, your justification for claiming last was that you had a role that was stronger if people didn't know what it was to play around it. How the fuck would anyone change their claim to play around what you claimed.

Well for starters, if you're not actually the role you claimed you are,
you
wouldn't have claimed to be that when mine can confirm or refute that you are unmodifiable?!? You sound awfully mad, did my claim screw yours like that??
You could have claimed first, and your role would have exactly the same implications. Fuck, you claiming in the first post D1 would change literally nothing about your role. But you specifically delayed your claim so people couldn't play around having the ability to maybe mulligan their role into a stronger one if they trust you and can convince other people to trust them.
I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Are you suggesting that I should've started the game off by explaining my role to everyone?? :eek:
Hey, everyone, I just sent a PM to xyzzy dayvigging Aureal, so I'm obviously not a dayvig. It's confirmed that I can't do that, because I tried and xyzzy hasn't flipped Aureal. Also, I can't make the nightkill because I sent a PM trying to NK Koba. And I can't read the scum PT, so obviously I can't be scum. Isn't mafia easy?
Yes, private PMs are exactly the same thing as a game thread, definitely. :roll:
Even then, Aureal doesn’t show any paranoia about scum getting access to vig shots. Vig shots, which I very well believe have utility only in situations where they are known or reasonably certain to be coming from town.
You're really intent on coming up with any sort of way to discredit me and get rid of this power rather than evaluate its potential use, aren't you??
Criticizing perceived attitude rather than the role is a bad look.
It's like you didn't even read my attitude, either, since you're wrong.
Are you fucking kidding me? Are you seriously arguing that I shouldn't attempt to read you on how you play instead of what role you randed? Have you ever played a game of mafia?
If you're reading 'how I play' instead of my role then why are you not reading how I'm playing? And why are you trying to insist that I'm scum because of my role???

I literally asked people for input on who they thought would be trustworthy enough to be a vig, or not, in my first post about this. What better way do you have of determining who best to empower other than by
asking people and trying to get a reasonable consensus
?!

Yeah, in hindsight, AniX's abilities are actually worth something and we should keep those. We should just lim the shit out of your ass as is.
So you admit that you didn't even bother thinking about what to do. You just want all this to go away.
As far as RC's Anything UPick is concerned, I wasn't the first one to bring it up, Koba was and Irch responded to that. And it was a pretty prevalent game a while back, so it's not a stretch to think literally any of the listmods read it. (In fact, it's likely they all did since it was up for a scummy and I think they were all active at the time). Both of us provided enough information for anyone to be able to find the game fairly easily, and if they couldn't, it would have been a simple thing to ask for this link: viewtopic.php?t=88188
Just like it would've been a simple thing to ask me, or read what I've said, rather than just go "LOL SCUMCLAIM"?? You still aren't bothering to explain why you think I could possibly be any threat after I'm dead, you're making us have to go read some other game and try to figure out what the hell you're talking about. I just spent like five minutes reading that trying to figure it out and still can't. As far as I can tell, this Sakura player was STILL ALIVE at the end of the game to use some auto-win power?? And you're trying to compare it to this, where I absolutely am not going to survive to endgame?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1884, Aureal wrote: You're a liar, I clearly stated it was 10 recruits in .
Fixed wrong post number in previous post, sorry. Always gotta double-check those post number links :/
-furtiveglance
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1881, Aureal wrote: ...can you refuse to be roleblocked or vigged? Like, what????? Is this supposed to be a serious question?!?
It was clarification about the scum slip, actually. Aureal claimed that the vig shot also recruits. Also, the vig shot is the last power Aureal has claimed. If the vig shot recruits, as Aureal claimed here:
In post 1770, Aureal wrote: 10 to vig and recruit
what does recruiting past 10 get you? If recruiting past 10 doesn't get you anything, why would the vig shot force recruit? The question wasn't really to ask whether someone could refuse to be recruited in those circumstances, but to give Aureal a chance to correct herself on the vig shot recruiting the target to the cult when there is nominally no reason for it to do that without her outright lying about what the last tier of powers are.

VOTE: Aureal
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1856, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1852, DkKoba wrote: tbh aureal's role sounds like the type of power loaded role with townie looking aspects that an average theme mod would design
power loaded scum role***
i am bad
I think the misdirection is in the flavor. It's a frigging pyramid scheme. If there's a rolecop who targets me and sees "Amway consultant" they're probably gonna go "ooooooo that sounds bad" aren't they? That's why I made those posts early on about working on being evil, I was playing into the flavor because MLM is evil. :?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1886, Bingle wrote: what does recruiting past 10 get you? If recruiting past 10 doesn't get you anything, why would the vig shot force recruit? The question wasn't really to ask whether someone could refuse to be recruited in those circumstances, but to give Aureal a chance to correct herself on the vig shot recruiting the target to the cult when there is nominally no reason for it to do that without her outright lying about what the last tier of powers are.

VOTE: Aureal
Why the hell should it have to get me something other than a larger chain? Having more than needed for your powers is redundancy that may well be needed if someone leaves and breaks your chain. Which is incidentally another reason why setting up the order matters so much- having a single long chain makes it much more vulnerable to someone quitting and disrupting it all.
-furtiveglance
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1881, Aureal wrote: Why are you confused about this? On what planet does a multi-level marketing scheme work like this? I asked before if you even knew that that was, and from you referencing ponzi schemes in 1869 I have to think that you do. So why are you trying to confuse the issue by acting like you could possibly think this makes sense? You can't recruit people who have already been recruited, it wouldn't be a freaking pyramid if you could, now would it? Here is stuff from that wiki page for those who don't want to bother following the link:
Yeah... cause flavor and role always match entirely 1:1 and real life totally exactly mirrors how a role will be designed mechanically. That's why jailkeepers are only able to prevent people who have already been arrested from acting and vigilantes show up as guilty to cop checks.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1871, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1866, Bingle wrote: I think all the aspects of Aureal's role that are claimed are true, so it would be slight townpoints to you for being the first target. Scum doesn't frequently publicly target buddies with beneficial abilities.

It's not a locktown case on you, and is significantly weaker than "Willingly isn't a vig tonight" but yeah, I don't think Aurealscum implies you scum at all.
Ya my thought is they are saying 1 thing, doing the opposite.
Claim they wanna use their role without disruption by targeting roles that dont have NAs but trying to use it as a vanillizer in practice by targeting Anix over claimed millers.
What the hell would be the benefit of targeting the miller claim? I don't see that a miller is any more or less likely to have night actions than any other random player. And FWIW, I hadn't yet even absorbed the fact that being recruited to Amway would block other night actions when I targeted AniX, seeing as that meant nothing to me who has nothing BUT Amway night actions. I quickly realized it when I looked back at the role in describing it to AniX, and cautioned them that if they had cool night actions they might not want to take the offer.
-furtiveglance
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1.13
i watched the entire tv show jury duty today. if you're looking for a show to watch that you can view in its entirety in just a day, this one is pretty solid. that's my official tv recommendation of the votecount. i've been trying to make sure i include at least one tv recommendation in every votecount. haven't really been keeping track of whether i've successfully done that so far this game, but i'm guessing i have a success rate somewhere around 90-95%. my proficiency is presumably off the charts.

3 players voting for camelCasedSnivy (Political Clout, Cook, DragonEater70)
2 players voting for Random Nurse (KatyKimFanClub, camelCasedSnivy)
2 players voting for Aureal (DkKoba, Bingle)
1 player voting for Doctor Drew (Ranger)
1 player voting for DragonEater70 (Aureal)
1 player voting for Theta Alpine (Doctor Drew)
1 player voting for Cook (Ircher)
1 player voting for Skygazer (AniX)

5 players not voting (Alisae, Random Nurse, Theta Alpine, Save The Dragons, Skygazer)

with 17 votes, it takes 9 to eliminate.

mod notes: still looking for Doctor Drew and Alisae replacements. DragonEater70 is V/LA until Tuesday. prodded Theta Alpine, successfully
didn't
prod Random Nurse who is V/LA on weekends.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1888, Aureal wrote: Why the hell should it have to get me something other than a larger chain? Having more than needed for your powers is redundancy that may well be needed if someone leaves and breaks your chain. Which is incidentally another reason why setting up the order matters so much- having a single long chain makes it much more vulnerable to someone quitting and disrupting it all.
It's really fun how the answer to "Aureal is very clearly lying about having claimed the entirety of her role" is "I was definitely lying about claiming the entirety of my role, here's another part of the role that I've kept hidden so far."

Also, the internal consistency of someone being able to leave the ponzi scheme (notably, not something that happened in real ponzi schemes, which really undercuts the "you should have just assumed it matched entirely with the way actual ponzi schemes worked duh" argument from all of 5 posts ago) does not quite align with:
In post 1890, Aureal wrote:
What the hell would be the benefit of targeting the miller claim? I don't see that a miller is any more or less likely to have night actions than any other random player. And FWIW, I hadn't yet even absorbed the fact that being recruited to Amway would block other night actions when I targeted AniX, seeing as that meant nothing to me who has nothing BUT Amway night actions. I quickly realized it when I looked back at the role in describing it to AniX, and cautioned them that if they had cool night actions they might not want to take the offer.
Why the fuck would someone need to be cautioned about joining when they could then choose to leave at any time?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1878, DragonEater70 wrote: Honestly.
She didn't full claim. Like I wasn't able to gather from her claim whether she can recruit multiple people, or if she can only recruit one person who recruits another etc.
It's both!
I also wasn't able to gather how many recruits she can do in a day.

Explained it's two neighborhoods per day in . Some actions can also automatically recruit.
She claims it's broken and we can get 7 vigs, then why is she not explaining it in an accessible way for everyone so that as a town we can decide on a sequence that will ensure 5-6 town-sided vigs today, but just complains about other people ignoring her claim? Ugh.
We aren't deciding on a sequence because I tried to get people to do that, but Bingle and Koba decided to just be sitting here ranting about how I'm scummy and this needs to die rather than trying to help organize such a thing! I don't see you answering who
you
think would possibly be good to trust with vig power, either! I'm thinking Ranger might be a good place for me to start, she seems likely town. Probably Theta afterwards, she's likely town and gets some really interesting potential with her role plus my abilities, but can't be my other neighborhood for the day because she can't generate town recruits until Ranger hits her with the de-modifier ability, so it risks dying out if we don't establish it more firmly.
But all this is NAI.
The thing I really do not like about the slot is that there's like 0 attempt to solve except for the red PM thing. Like the slot is focused on mech only which doesn't feel like Town!Aureal at all (even though I don't know scum!Aureal so I wouldn't be able to tell if it's because she's scum, or just a weird shift in playstyle).
Hey, YOU try getting a ridiculously mech-heavy role like this and see how mech-focused YOU become. I'm a moderately mech-focused person to begin with, I don't even think this is really a shift. Or even that I have much of a 'playstyle'.
Aaaand I think I'm just rambling at this stage. I would really really like to be able to meaningfully contribute but I really don't hate when people go "eh I guess DE70 is town so I'll unvote and not engage with their opinions at all and also I'll go off the wagon I'm on before even 50% of the players had a chance to react to it and decide if they want in, so now there's no wagon and everyone is asking themselves if the game is going to go anywhere". So please if you hate seeing me rambling (I definitely hate seeing myself rambling), don't do that.
Oh, you wanna contribute? How about explaining why you decided to pester me for reads when it was like 12 hours into the game? What made you think this was productive? Why me specifically, do you think I'm normally giving lots of reads constantly?

Or how about explaining why you started to buy into my theory about Alisae, then brushed it off with a "oh no let's not repeat Aureal v. Alisae like that newbie game" which seems to imply that you promptly decided my theory was wrong and we were both town?
-furtiveglance
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Ranger »

I'm too wiped from the wedding for true contributions here.

As I said, first realistic time I'll be free is likely Monday; apologies for not pulling my weight rn.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1892, Bingle wrote:
In post 1888, Aureal wrote: Why the hell should it have to get me something other than a larger chain? Having more than needed for your powers is redundancy that may well be needed if someone leaves and breaks your chain. Which is incidentally another reason why setting up the order matters so much- having a single long chain makes it much more vulnerable to someone quitting and disrupting it all.
It's really fun how the answer to "Aureal is very clearly lying about having claimed the entirety of her role" is "I was definitely lying about claiming the entirety of my role, here's another part of the role that I've kept hidden so far."

Also, the internal consistency of someone being able to leave the ponzi scheme (notably, not something that happened in real ponzi schemes, which really undercuts the "you should have just assumed it matched entirely with the way actual ponzi schemes worked duh" argument from all of 5 posts ago) does not quite align with:
In post 1890, Aureal wrote:
Why the fuck would someone need to be cautioned about joining when they could then choose to leave at any time?
In post 1623, Aureal wrote: I don't think it really is vanillaizer, you should still have your role and any passive attributes or day actions. You just can't use its night actions,
unless you get out of Amway, which is a night action that'll cost you your vote the next day
(so it'll be pretty obvious if someone does it).
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Buddy. Look. I know you've gotta try to find something to get me with. But this is just sad. It it inconvenient to get out of Amway, so I cautioned against it, for AniX's sake and for my own, because I don't exactly want someone deciding they want out after racking up recruits and stranding those people off on their own chain.

This is all totally confirmable by someone getting the damn powers and seeing it all for themself, so I'm going to just stop responding to your flailing attempts to take me down and move on forward with deciding who would be best.
-furtiveglance
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:30 pm

Post by Political Clout »

no one is scum hunting and just theorizing about what claim is scum sided. Feels scummy lol.
Ya basic!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:50 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay Aureal I get why you frustrated but a lot of this was explained over multiple posts and was quite confusing to read.
If you recruit someone, do they kbow the exact cobditions before they accept? If so I think it would be a good idea to recruit Ranger and she can confirm your role like you said.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also Aureal who are you scumreading besides me? And more importantly, why are you voting me?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:59 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1894, Ranger wrote: I'm too wiped from the wedding for true contributions here.

As I said, first realistic time I'll be free is likely Monday; apologies for not pulling my weight rn.
Hope you had a good time!
Cya on Monday/Tuesday

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”