Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oh I forgot to add, lots of people leave their random votes on well outside of RVS, that’s pretty common.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 131, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 51, CCGeek wrote: At present, all I can say is: Brassherald and TheHoldSteady have made some impression on me already, I've played with Erinys before, and Clems is the reason I'm even in this game right now. Of the people who have spoken so far, I want to see Smileydude and Steve talk more because I have never played before with them and I need to get a grasp on their mannerisms. And of the two who haven't spoken; one is usually a lurky wildcard (KawaiiMikuStan) while the other is more grounded as both alignments (SlowthePoke).
Cool. Do you mind sharing what those impressions are?

The only person here I've played with was SmileyDude. I was on a scum team with him in my last game. So far he's acting very similar to how he did last game
In post 61, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: Kawaii~! Anyway i hc vt uwu owo
This gimmick posting style annoys me. But Stan has been very active which while not necessarily alignment-indicative in the long run, is good to see for a first day town read
In post 86, MagicalSteve wrote:
In post 51, CCGeek wrote: I want to see Smileydude and Steve talk more because I have never played before with them and I need to get a grasp on their mannerisms..
I didn't really have anything useful to say really. I also have quite a hard time deciphering some of the uwu/sms type posts.
In post 44, iamveryhappy wrote:
In post 43, MagicalSteve wrote:
In post 40, iamveryhappy wrote: also quite sussy to believe that the "you're under the arrest" part was a cop soft.
*rolls eyes*
Lets face it, that soft was too obvious
would I immediately spew pr team to scum.? nah
Take this exchange. It isn't actually 100% clear to me exactly what/who iavh is referring to as suss but the best I can figure is that iavh beleives it's scummy that I joked about "post 1 cop claim". OMGUS, maybe, but that seems really weird to me. No-one, especially not a rookie, is hunting for, or successfully, finding PR roles based off a jokey first post. Given I'm having to google acronyms from every other post it's possible I've misread the situation in which case I will happilly be corrected.

As for the rest of the thread, do I have genuinely useful town/scum reads? No, not really. There's nothing in the first four pages that jumps out to me as being very town or very scum.Three things of note in the thread so far for me though: Smiley's self post is.. weird.. even for RVS. And KawaiiMikuStan's posts just seem like a sort of deflection and iavh's overreaction to a joke.
This seems like a post town would make to me
In post 92, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: Im parked on NV for now because we don't have much info yet, waiting for others to step up and lead town because im just.. just there. Im not the type of guy to lead town unless they're pr (which i am not)
I TR this as well
In post 113, brassherald wrote: Anyway, I feel like someone in this heavy and looking conversation about PRs is probably the Mafia trying to get the PRs to out early and let me say that if you are a town PR do not out yourself, probably don't even try to crumb your role at this point just play your game.

If you're a Mafia PR, feel free to tell us what column we're in.
I kind of SR this post a bit. Like it reads a little performative towards being more upset about the PRs than I am. It seemed like an obvious joke to me.
In post 130, CCGeek wrote: ok no i actually like brassherald as the game has progressed, I want to see people look into this. VOTE: SmileyDude1

Agree that LuB's post about MagicalSteve being the town leader is apparently out of nowhere. Also people, this game so far is the reason you should never have multiple PS troll players in a single MS game.

SevenEyes, welcome! Give me the name of the person you like the most and the one you like the least right now, and we'll go from there.
I also like this post, particularly the question, because it shows me you're trying to solve and generate content

So my early impressions are Brass & Smiley potentially scum, Stan, Steve, Geek, potentially town. Still pretty early, could probably change my mind depending on how things develop
I agree on the Post 113 looking a little performative. Sure it’s a newbie game, but do newbies even necessarily know what bread crumbing is?
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

think so. Many newbies come from different sites.
iavh is slightly annoyed
CCGeek
CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Pronoun: Any Pronouns

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by CCGeek »

In post 194, Civil Scum wrote:
In post 41, CCGeek wrote:
bad joke/troll, however you put it
In post 40, iamveryhappy wrote: also quite sussy to believe that the "you're under the arrest" part was a cop soft.
agree on this
In post 40, iamveryhappy wrote: HC WW FBI AGENT
(wish holo were here fr)
frfr
Calling Magic Steve suspect for a cop claim joke. IAVH said it first. CCGeek seconded it. I’m calling a foul there.

VOTE: CCGeek
My reaction to that information: Mission successful :D
scumsided setups are a myth (and game balancing is a scam)
CCGeek
CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by CCGeek »

Okay but actual question, how do we proceed from here?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by Alianna »

brassherald is being prodded.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:00 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

agree on this
(wish holo were here fr)
frfr
Calling Magic Steve suspect for a cop claim joke. IAVH said it first. CCGeek seconded it. I’m calling a foul there.

In post 140, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 118, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 116, brassherald wrote:
In post 99, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: So far MagicalSteve seems to be the town leader :o
-SNIP-
Hmmm, guess we're not in RVS anymore. Shame it was fun while it lasted.
-SNIP-
Ugh, now I actually have to try a bit :roll:
UNVOTE: SmileyDude1

In all seriousness I have to start getting ready for work right now, will inform you on where i'm at after my shift ends (probs in around 9-12 hours of this post)
So right now i'm getting fairly alright vibes from the majority of those who have posted so far. CCGeek gets town points for working to get the game out of RVS and I agree with Holdsteady's take on their .
MagicalSteve's , did originally ping as off for me,
but their made me feel a lot better about that slot.

I do have a couple of questions though
In post 123, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: Clem thoughts on the people on nv fr
In post 126, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: Actually yk lemme just put some pressure on this slot, yk? VOTE: [/Brassherald]
I'm not following this progression, Can you elaborate KawaiiMikuStan?
In post 131, TheHoldSteady wrote: -SNIP
The only person here I've played with was SmileyDude. I was on a scum team with him in my last game. So far he's acting very similar to how he did last game
-SNIP-
What similarities are you seeing?
Can one early post make someone feel “a lot better” about a slot?

For myself it did. When I originally saw their , I harbored concerns that said post came off as rolefish-y (it's also why I found CCGeek's to be fine, I had similar concerns). I felt that their was a valid explanation and I liked that they gave an analysis of their takes on the gamestate within it. I'd think scum would be more likely to be content with defending themselves, and it's + town for me that they went the extra step there (even given it wasn't substantial) especially since it'd be easy to justify otherwise due to being in RVS at the time. "A Lot" may have been a slight stretch on my part, but I'd say they went from a slight scum lean to the town side of null within that one post for me.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:05 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 204, CCGeek wrote: Okay but actual question, how do we proceed from here?
Given that we're approaching 4 days until deadline we should probably start consolidating so we have time for claims and discussion. I have to leave for work in a second, but i'll be back later to discuss.

ADHD
MagicalSteve
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:07 am

Post by MagicalSteve »

Writing up my promised post now, apologies for being a bit inactive. Will something up within the hour.
My name isn't actually Steve
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:09 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Also lol, I just checked VC and taking into consideration where votes have moved since then I think there are 6 different people who are at 1 vote rn :lol:. Anyways, got to go, see you later

ADHD
MagicalSteve
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:49 am

Post by MagicalSteve »

Headlines

VOTE: brassherald

I had previously voted for brassherald under RVS. This one is deliberate gameplay. I apologise some of the reads below and palmed off as just vibes, I'm still finding my feet a bit.

TR:
TL: CivilScum, SmileyDude
Null: iamveryhappy, TheHoldSteady, KawaiiMikuStan, SevenEyes
SL: CCGeek
SR: brassherald

CivilScum - TL

Think both CivilScum and HighPrincessErinys made some decent contributions to town. I liked 138

SmileyDude - TL

Self vote was ill-advised but think it's probably harmless. His questions to provoke discussion have been decent (

iamveryhappy - null

I still think IAVH overreacted to what was obviously an opening joke, thoughI've softened my position on his actions a bit. I thought his responses were fairly aggressive, but that's not against the interests of the town. The whole exchange also prompted some interesting responses from others that are quite useful. Gut instinct is that IAVH flips tow but waiting to see how the game progresses. Wasn't keen on 129 demanding votes.

TheHoldSteady - null

Post 131 highly pro town. Good vibes here.

KawaiiMikuStan - null

Didn't like 99. I think there's an argument that some of the gimmick posting (sorry) is anti-town. I hope I'm not coming across as a dick when I say that (I'm sure I am), it's just the posts are very hard to read in a game reliant on communication. All that said I've not seen anything that strikes me as scummy.

SevenEyes - null

Could do with some more content really. Not much to see. Scummy in itself?

CCGeek - SL

Vibes really over hard evidence. Another one who overthought my post#1 and off reaction to the smiley stuff.

brassherald - SR

Didn't like 154, jumping on pressure for smiley. The exchange after that sits badly with me. In 113 BH says that he thinks my exchange with IAVH is scum trying to out PRs, but then doesn't vote for either of us or pressure either of us further? Says its scum and shrugs?
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:58 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 210, MagicalSteve wrote:
Headlines

I had previously voted for brassherald under RVS. This one is deliberate gameplay. I apologise some of the reads below and palmed off as just vibes, I'm still finding my feet a bit.

TR:

CivilScum - TL

Think both CivilScum and HighPrincessErinys made some decent contributions to town. I liked 138

SmileyDude - TL

Self vote was ill-advised but think it's probably harmless. His questions to provoke discussion have been decent (

iamveryhappy - null

I still think IAVH overreacted to what was
obviously an opening joke
, thoughI've softened my position on his actions a bit. I thought his responses were fairly aggressive, but that's not against the interests of the town. The whole exchange also prompted some interesting responses from others that are quite useful. Gut instinct is that IAVH flips tow but waiting to see how the game progresses. Wasn't keen on 129 demanding votes.

TheHoldSteady - null

KawaiiMikuStan - null

Didn't like 99. I think there's an argument that some of the gimmick posting (sorry) is anti-town. I hope I'm not coming across as a dick when I say that (I'm sure I am), it's just the posts are very hard to read in a game reliant on communication. All that said I've not seen anything that strikes me as scummy.

SevenEyes - null

CCGeek - SL

Vibes really over hard evidence. Another one who overthought my post#1 and off reaction to the smiley stuff.
brassherald - SR

Didn't like 154, jumping on pressure for smiley. The exchange after that sits badly with me. In 113 BH says that he thinks my exchange with IAVH is scum trying to out PRs, but then doesn't vote for either of us or pressure either of us further? Says its scum and shrugs?
I'd like to ask about KawaiiMikuStan
do you think his vt claim was AI? AI= alignment indicative
bolded text:don't see the jokish vibes in that plost, sorry.
although that it was partly my fault I don't like how you are downplayin it here.
iavh is slightly annoyed
MagicalSteve
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:08 am

Post by MagicalSteve »

In post 211, iamveryhappy wrote: I'd like to ask about KawaiiMikuStan
do you think his vt claim was AI? AI= alignment indicative
I didn't read much into it at all.
In post 211, iamveryhappy wrote: bolded text:don't see the jokish vibes in that plost, sorry.
although that it was partly my fault I don't like how you are downplayin it here.
Happy to go over this again, if necessary. Though last time you said you were trying to end the conversation?

My mentality when I made that post must fall into one of several categories:
1) I'm scum trying to make one hell of a staggering play in my first ever competitive post on this forum.
2) I'm town trying to provoke discussion
3) It's a joke

The answer is 3. You seem to disagree, and that's fine. WIFOM, but surely scum is unlikely to out themselves and create that sort of controversy post one. How do you view this exchange should (when) I flip town? How should I have handled the aftermath other than downplay it. Get on my knees and beg forgiveness? Behave. The single exchange has generated more useful posts than probably anything in the thread.

I summed up everything I had to say in the main post above and would be happy to leave it there. Though I don't want to avoid the issue - do you have any specific questions?
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:18 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

ehh
we can agree to disagree
I've seen worse shit ain NewD3 offsite
including one friendly neighbour claim that got cc'ed by FOUR PEOPLE lol
iavh is slightly annoyed
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:25 am

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 206, SmileyDude1 wrote:
agree on this
(wish holo were here fr)
frfr

In post 140, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 118, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 99, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: So far MagicalSteve seems to be the town leader :o
-SNIP-
-SNIP-
Ugh, now I actually have to try a bit :roll:
UNVOTE: SmileyDude1

In all seriousness I have to start getting ready for work right now, will inform you on where i'm at after my shift ends (probs in around 9-12 hours of this post)
So right now i'm getting fairly alright vibes from the majority of those who have posted so far. CCGeek gets town points for working to get the game out of RVS and I agree with Holdsteady's take on their .
MagicalSteve's , did originally ping as off for me,
but their made me feel a lot better about that slot.

I do have a couple of questions though
In post 123, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: Clem thoughts on the people on nv fr
In post 126, KawaiiMikuStan wrote: Actually yk lemme just put some pressure on this slot, yk? VOTE: [/Brassherald]
I'm not following this progression, Can you elaborate KawaiiMikuStan?
In post 131, TheHoldSteady wrote: -SNIP
-SNIP-
What similarities are you seeing?
Can one early post make someone feel “a lot better” about a slot?
For myself it did. When I originally saw their , I harbored concerns that said post came off as rolefish-y (it's also why I found CCGeek's to be fine, I had similar concerns). I felt that their was a valid explanation and I liked that they gave an analysis of their takes on the gamestate within it. I'd think scum would be more likely to be content with defending themselves, and it's + town for me that they went the extra step there (even given it wasn't substantial) especially since it'd be easy to justify otherwise due to being in RVS at the time. "A Lot" may have been a slight stretch on my part, but I'd say they went from a slight scum lean to the town side of null within that one post for me.
Acceptable.

I also think that for all the accusations of role fishing that can fly, that accusation can rest squarely at IAVH’s own feet as I feel his first post was obvious enough he should have known it could be interpreted as a fake or soft claim.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:33 am

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 210, MagicalSteve wrote:
Headlines

TR:

CivilScum - TL

SmileyDude - TL

iamveryhappy - null

I still think IAVH overreacted to what was obviously an opening joke, thoughI've softened my position on his actions a bit. I thought his responses were fairly aggressive, but that's not against the interests of the town. The whole exchange also prompted some interesting responses from others that are quite useful. Gut instinct is that IAVH flips tow but waiting to see how the game progresses. Wasn't keen on 129 demanding votes.

TheHoldSteady - null

KawaiiMikuStan - null

SevenEyes - null

CCGeek - SL

brassherald - SR

I agree with this point about Post 154. That was a weak reason to push. This isn’t much for me to go on, but I don’t see anything better atm.
VOTE: Brassherald

As for Seveneyes, I’m leaning newb town. Newb scum might not be so unsure of what to do since they can be coached in the PT now.
CCGeek
CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:43 am

Post by CCGeek »

I believe that should be E-2?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:45 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Man. I'm just struggling to get my brain to work here.

Spoiler: BrassHerald

All posts up to #113 seemed to be just RVS stage light joking. Seemed to come in with a loose and relaxed attitude, but otherwise not seeing much to go off of there.

I already said #113 was sus and upon rereading I’m still gonna stand by that.
Also, this feels like an attempt at pocketing.

VOTE: Kawaii
This seems like you’re voting without solving to accompany it

Posts #171-173: BrassHerald keeps pushing that "why did you self vote" thing which reminds me of scum looking for an easy target. CCGeek voted Smiley already in #130 and Eyes posted an FoS in #164. So this could be opportunistic of that.

BrassHerald hasn't posted since 173.

Spoiler: SmileyDude1

In post 207, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 204, CCGeek wrote: Okay but actual question, how do we proceed from here?
Given that we're approaching 4 days until deadline we should probably start consolidating so we have time for claims and discussion. I have to leave for work in a second, but i'll be back later to discuss.
I agree
In post 176, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 171, brassherald wrote: I literally said not to push your self vote and then just agreed with another person on your answer to it being weird.
In post 172, brassherald wrote: Commenting on the game state is a normal way to play the game. Weird isn't even a push. It's just weird. Town can be weird.
I think I may have misinterpreted your as saying that both my self-vote and self criticism was weird in isolation when you meant that they were weird put together. The former didn't really make sense since you defended the self-vote earlier, the latter is a fair point
In post 173, brassherald wrote: And why are you counting out high princess, the literal one I was agreeing with it being weird with?
My reasoning on this mainly stems that they're suspicion came before I had actually explained my actions and so I understood why my actions up to that point would be seen as weird out of context, the two posts mentioned in came after I had already explained and felt dogpiley (probs not the right word for it, but alas) to me.

Though given the misunderstanding UNVOTE: BrassHerald
VOTE: SevenEyes
So after rereading, I think SmileyDude shows a thorough and articulate thought process and is asking relevant questions. In particular, like posts #146, #169, #186.

Spoiler: SevenEyes
SevenEyes
In post 197, SevenEyes wrote: i feel like the game's still a bit slow atp, since we dont hav much info and we are kinda just resorting to pointing fingers at each other? correct me if im wrong though.
This seems like something an inexperienced town would say.

Yeah so Seven could be town off of that one post but overall is almost completely null to me. With only five posts there just isn’t much there to go off of.
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
CCGeek
CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:50 am

Post by CCGeek »

In conclusion, seven should just talk to us, that's enough to generate content
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:00 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

VOTE: BrassHerald
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
MagicalSteve
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
MagicalSteve
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:10 am

Post by MagicalSteve »

Well that escalated
CCGeek
CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:12 am

Post by CCGeek »

E-1 btw, if I'm not tripping. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO VOTE BRASSHERALD NEXT
MUST DECLARE INTENT TO HAMMER
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Alianna »

~•~