Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by bloodhail »

sup
and i'm watching all the stars burn out
trying to pretend that i care
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by bloodhail »

so, i had actually been following this game a little a bit and when i saw the replacement request go up i thought i'd take it assuming it was a dead in the water scum slot that no one in their right mind would want to play

turns out the slot is actually town though

so i get the fun of trying to hero solve a game i have not been in and thus have no strong investment in

i can see people were gearing up to vote this slot and i would ask if you are town to please give me time. i can't promise to turn things around but i'd like to give it a shot, my reads are usually better when i replace into a game with fresh eyes
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by bloodhail »

roleclaim is town 1-shot bp btw have not checked to see if my slot claimed at all
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1760, medeia wrote:
In post 1759, skitter30 wrote: Well ct should be getting replaced

Medeia it was a paranoid thought that occures to me that i probably think isn't particularly likely
idk if there is great benefit in waiting for this

i guess to me it is very likely a mafia replacement so mostly net negative unless you think replacement is going to give partner away or something which eh more likely to wifom

i was mostly waiting for you to finish review and such

i know you said that it just, idk like i know it to be not possible

like i don't think you're any less town for having it or anything like really i don't think scum!you would have come away from this hard scumreading me or anything anyway

i'm just like, ! well that doesn't make sense ya know

but i have information you don't i get it
In post 1761, skitter30 wrote: Yeah idk
We can just flip it ig
Idk if maybe we'll get value out of the replacement but obviously no context on what ct was doing all game

So if we're leaning there maybe we should just do it
The slot is unreadable rn as is i don't think i have any way to get new information/come up with a better solve on the slot
In post 1763, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: im willing to vote him off if thats what everyone else wants to do seeing as theres no replacement request in yet for him
In post 1769, medeia wrote:
In post 1767, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1765, medeia wrote: i just really don't want the two of you to end up crossvoting at this point i guess so it's mostly downside from my point of view yeah

like even if we're going to wait i might vote, shrug, will think about this when i get off work

like worst case scenario to me would be more like someone replaces in is 'towny' or whatever and convinces town!skitter to vote town!pooky or something and we lose

when it's like, even if chicagtypewriter were towny on play to me it still seems like correct solution
I don't know what ur trying to say here, what's the downside and what do you want to do

it's like, if you're a scums with chicagotypewriter (which is only scum!you world that makes any amount of sense to me), you're pretty unlikely to actually vote pooky as things are, right? because of stated reads of t3 and such

so you're only likely to carry through with voting pooky here if you're town, and if you're town and vote town!pooky (which seems somewhat likely to me as well), then we lose

so if i vote chicagotypewriter, it eliminates these possibilities right

and a replacement just seems like it's more likely to unsolve the game than to solve it to me right now

so i kinda want to vote
purely sans context, and knowing the alignment of my slot, i would guess a relatively high likelihood both scum are in this group of people, gearing up to push the no content lurker over the edge and hoping someone makes an impulsive move before anything changes the gamestate

i think the way medeia is discussing the slot looks most like a scum who is trying to close in on the kill, but that's a probative read. i have not reread the game yet at all
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by bloodhail »

pure gamestate read: does a town with skitter/pooky/shiki get taken to final 5 by a chicagotypewriter/T3 scum team? is that a thing that ever happens? at least one of you is town and a very smart player, but use your head, because that's not a thing that ever happens. they get caught much sooner or the influential people get killed. like
brassherald
dies over with at least 6x the posts he has??? that's not a kill a lurksack team makes, idc that skitter was tunneling pooky or w/e
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im happy you repped in homie save me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by bloodhail »

my initial snap judgment on reading skitter's iso would actually be that she's mafia and maybe slightly unpartnered with medeia. if this were day 1/2 i'd fuck around and just throw a vote on her but this is ELO so i'm taking due diligence as necessary

realize reading sans context is slightly dangerous but it's the absolute fastest way for me to get caught up with the game
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1781, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: im happy you repped in homie save me
history says i will not do that but as i have no stakes in this game i will have fun trying

can i get a list of the claims/flips in the game? i checked my slot and saw he lied about being 2-shot and not 1-shot to try to confuse the mafia i think
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1778, bloodhail wrote: roleclaim is town 1-shot bp btw have not checked to see if my slot claimed at all
1-shot?
In post 1780, bloodhail wrote: pure gamestate read: does a town with skitter/pooky/shiki get taken to final 5 by a chicagotypewriter/T3 scum team? is that a thing that ever happens? at least one of you is town and a very smart player, but use your head, because that's not a thing that ever happens. they get caught much sooner or the influential people get killed. like brassherald dies over with at least 6x the posts he has??? that's not a kill a lurksack team makes, idc that skitter was tunneling pooky or w/e
also are you familiar with me? (i assume from referring to me as shiki?) anyway this is thing we've discussed at some length over multiple days it's like,

i have no idea how they would have been trying to win the game if so other than to bet on us being wrong voting amongst ourselves, but the other options don't make any sense to me either and that one does a little bit maybe because claims and such

like pooky and skitter didn't play today (and yesterday) the way they did as partners it would just be unreasonable

and pooky/t3 and skitter/t3 would have nightkilled me, like if you're town it's one of those but it's just soso hard to see

but i'm willing to look and if so show me i guess

pedit: hm, lying in the other direction would make sense to me, lying in that direction just... would keep him alive i guess? but why would that be his intention if not going to play the game

hmhmhm
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by medeia »

random nurse was jailkeeper, is dead

i am odd-night checker, failed checking random nurse (who claimed jailkeeping me) night one, succeeded checking pooky night three

everyone else claimed vanilla town

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 260, skitter30 wrote: Who said anything abt townreading the majority of players

Me - shining beacon of towniness, towniest town to ever town, etc
Medeia - so blindingly town it's painful that not everyone sees this. She's obv trying to solve the game
Random nurse - aggression is townie, the argument with medeia is townie
Kcdaspot - the ongoing interaction with medeia is townie

Pooky - dunno

Cj - null

Meuh - nullscum, don't like the lurking

Chicago - nullscum, don't like the lurking, there's a lot of iioa in your few posts

T3 - icky Kcdaspot vote, content is bland and not really related to the goings on of the game. Not active, isnt solving. Scummy

And also
VOTE: ct
In post 374, skitter30 wrote: Kcdaspot town
Random nurse probably is too

I like playing with you!
But i'm not confident enuf here to lead

My best bet rn is flipping thru t3/chicago/meuh but idk if that wins
these are remarkably shallow posts from skitter, 60 posts in now and i'm not really seeing a depth of thought i'd expect from her as town. the confidence with which she's defending certain players feels off to me - she can certainly get good townreads for good reasons (i pulled up thing anon as a refresher) but the way she's going about it seems quite wrong to me. take this for instance:
In post 400, skitter30 wrote: Why is Joker Dude massively scummy again. I just don't see it
this strikes me as more likely a read from an informed perspective than anything else
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1784, medeia wrote: also are you familiar with me? (i assume from referring to me as shiki?)
yeah this is a petapan alt sorry forgot not everyone in the game knows that
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1787, bloodhail wrote:
In post 1784, medeia wrote: also are you familiar with me? (i assume from referring to me as shiki?)
yeah this is a petapan alt sorry forgot not everyone in the game knows that

oh hi +)

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1784, medeia wrote: pedit: hm, lying in the other direction would make sense to me, lying in that direction just... would keep him alive i guess? but why would that be his intention if not going to play the game
i think he was being incredibly egotistical and believed he was the reason scum had failed the nightkill, and so his bluff was that in order to keep him alive. you can say he's not playing but he's a noob, the traces of selfish ego play are really easy to spot, even in the post where he made his claim

i also think scum just doesn't claim BP in response to a failed kill, ever

and anyway i think everyone here can be rightfully paranoid of my play as scum but you are out of your skull if you think my first play on replacing in is to check the PT, see what my predecessor claimed, and then modify it from 2-shot to 1-shot just to be fancy and claim he lied as town. zero purpose to overcomplicating something like that.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by bloodhail »

skitter is just...far more substanceless than i've seen her as town in a game so far in my reading. it doesn't feel like she's trying to solve people.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 704, skitter30 wrote: Ok i think that's hammer
I'm not sure meuh is flipping scum, i would concentrate on ct and pooky tom
woof
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1789, bloodhail wrote:
In post 1784, medeia wrote: pedit: hm, lying in the other direction would make sense to me, lying in that direction just... would keep him alive i guess? but why would that be his intention if not going to play the game
i think he was being incredibly egotistical and believed he was the reason scum had failed the nightkill, and so his bluff was that in order to keep him alive. you can say he's not playing but he's a noob, the traces of selfish ego play are really easy to spot, even in the post where he made his claim

i also think scum just doesn't claim BP in response to a failed kill, ever

and anyway i think everyone here can be rightfully paranoid of my play as scum but you are out of your skull if you think my first play on replacing in is to check the PT, see what my predecessor claimed, and then modify it from 2-shot to 1-shot just to be fancy and claim he lied as town. zero purpose to overcomplicating something like that.

which in theory he could have been but then this setup is so ???

mmm, it's like, my literal first thought upon chicagotypewriter claiming was 'oh he should have claimed 1-shot if he's town so he could get shot again' so you claiming 1-shot here is like,

like sure maybe it's overcomplicating something and there's zero purpose

but also, mmm

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by bloodhail »

this is a very off the wall sort of read - based on out of context statements in skitter's iso, skitter was too accepting of chicago's claim too quickly while pooky was showing a lot more skeopticism of it. to me this speaks of too different mindsets. from an informed perspective, it's very easy to see the genuineness in the claim and know it has to be town, because it seems too weird for scum so how could you justify something like that? meanwhile a town is a lot more likely to see a weird claim and get conspiratorial in their thinking about it - this is because townies don't know anyone's alignment and have genuine paranoia. they are slow to trust people who do weird things, even if said weird things have no scum motivation to them
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Oh hi
I'll be around soon/later, havent read anything you'd posted

Unfortunately my instinct here is to vote u
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by bloodhail »

as for why i'm reading skitter first - the last couple of games i recall playing wither her (coalition, guardians of the fortress) i developed an accurate townread on her very quickly. coalition was a Day 1 replace in, guardians we were both in from the start. out of everyone left in this game i think i am able to read her the best, although i'd say no one currently in this game qualifies as an 'easy' read for me
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1794, skitter30 wrote: Oh hi
I'll be around soon/later, havent read anything you'd posted

Unfortunately my instinct here is to vote u
yes well luckily i've developed a scumread on you, hopefully that is correct because i anticipate it would be literal hell trying to get you to townread me as town
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1785, medeia wrote: random nurse was jailkeeper, is dead

i am odd-night checker, failed checking random nurse (who claimed jailkeeping me) night one, succeeded checking pooky night three

did you claim you were blocked before random nurse claimed?
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1797, bloodhail wrote:
In post 1785, medeia wrote: random nurse was jailkeeper, is dead

did you claim you were blocked before random nurse claimed?

yes

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 733, medeia wrote: i am an odd-night checker and my action on random nurse last night was not successful
In post 759, Random Nurse wrote: Hey, so, I jailed Medeia Night 1.

I'm Town Jailkeeper.

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by medeia »

which certainly part or maybe even most of why we, or at least i, miseliminated random nurse

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”