Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 449, jjh927 wrote: I'm a lot more bothered by your failure to demonstrate town thought process on the townreads you have claimed to hold than I am by the drew vote.

For example, your reference to GL's post on FA feels much more likely to have come from scum paying attention to how other players are being read than it does a town player trying to place people, particularly given you managed to totally forget the very simple reason given for the read you supposedly agreed with
are you trying to convince me that I am mafia?
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Aristeia »

if not what is the point ?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm trying to let you know where I stand and why I do on the chance that you are town, since you might just be genuinely misunderstanding me
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:43 am

Post by jjh927 »

Surely nobody who plays forum mafia would knowingly misrepresent someone
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Aristeia »

I dont expect you if you're mafia to say "yes you are right i am chainsawing for drew"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Aristeia »

so why would i care about your misread of me if you're town?

do you expect me to think you actually believe this nonsense?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

aristeia can certainly fake a town thought process and believable reads

is your issue jjh that she hasn’t explained them enough, or that her explanations are just bad
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:54 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think the reasons ultimately given are more likely to come from things scum would notice than town, and I think that Aristeia's thought process is demonstrably rigid and defensive. There are believable conclusions but the work being explained to get there is going backwards, probably because she was caught off guard by the immediate inquisition on the townreads she was supposedly sheepinhg
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:55 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

VOTE: Drew
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:57 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think her reads have been necessitated or at least encouraged by the game state rather than being trully formed by placing people in the game

And I think I'm good to vote here now.

VOTE: Aristeia
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

Since it was asked, I'll go back a bit just to say I don't even have a particularly strong independent Drew read. I just think he's probably a bit more likely to be town than rand, but rand is pretty decent odds for someone being town. The ratio of game content/early game shitposting is looking relatively positive at this early stage.

That aside, scum!Aristeia makes town!drew a lot more likely from my point of view so my current confidence compounds things a bit
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Sail »

On page 12 right now and I don't really like Aristeia. Her content feels bland and empty and she's avoiding a lot of the topics of discussion. She's talking primarily about mech-related stuff. She only popped into the thread to answer questions and then later to discredit BlueSnakelet.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Titus »

VLA this weekend, pain flare up
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 440, Aristeia wrote: jjh feels like hes chainsawing for drew and i would yeet him without hesitation if drew flips mafia
In post 442, Aristeia wrote: well you're basically implying its scummy to vote drew? that feels like you are trying to keep people from voting him?
Explain.

He said the people on my wagon are probably town.

And why is saying 'hey Drew might be town's causing such an issue with you?

And someone asked, but I haven't felt any urgency to move off of Osuka at any point, and nothing they have said in there brief catch up here compels me to move.

I don't get there vote on Ranger as well(osuka I mean), have you played with them before?

I probably need to go into sheep mode, so far no real strong scum vibes I am getting yet.

Who wants a loyal sheep to follow them?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Sail »

In post 302, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 230, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote: Dusa, can you explain what the demigod stuff means? I think it's the only thing I don't understand in the thread so far.
furtive, how would you say that you approach the early game as town?
I post at random intervals or if I have a thought about something, or if someone asks me something. I don't usually vote until I see something particularly egregious.
But you haven't really expressed many reads at this point. It seems like all you're doing is asking clarifying questions. What are your conclusions based on those clarifying questions?
Your questioning of Furt seems so hollow, it is like you already made your mind up about him and no matter what he says.....it's the wrong answer.
Can you elaborate? I'm not scumreading him at all.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 464, Sail wrote:
In post 302, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote: Dusa, can you explain what the demigod stuff means? I think it's the only thing I don't understand in the thread so far.
I post at random intervals or if I have a thought about something, or if someone asks me something. I don't usually vote until I see something particularly egregious.
But you haven't really expressed many reads at this point. It seems like all you're doing is asking clarifying questions. What are your conclusions based on those clarifying questions?
Your questioning of Furt seems so hollow, it is like you already made your mind up about him and no matter what he says.....it's the wrong answer.
Can you elaborate? I'm not scumreading him at all.
Certainly looks like you are setting him up for a scum read.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:37 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

V/LA until Monday (hopefully?)

Struggling to load site / internet where I live is rlly bad :C
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Sail »

In post 384, Aristeia wrote: this is a very believable thought process and the way he responds to GL about sail just feels like andres!town talking things out
Really? Yeah, this definitely is a believable thought process, but it's not like it's not a new or interesting thought process at all. I've come across various town and scum players expressing similar versions of Andres' thought process in at least five different games in the past. I just don't understand what distinguishes town!Andres and scum!Andres with that thought process.
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Sail »

In post 467, Sail wrote:
In post 384, Aristeia wrote: this is a very believable thought process and the way he responds to GL about sail just feels like andres!town talking things out
Really? Yeah, this definitely is a believable thought process, but it's not like it's a new or interesting thought process at all. I've come across various town and scum players expressing similar versions of Andres' thought process in at least five different games in the past. I just don't understand what distinguishes town!Andres and scum!Andres with that thought process.
EBWOP :shifty:
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:06 am

Post by Sail »

In post 388, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:
But you haven't really expressed many reads at this point. It seems like all you're doing is asking clarifying questions. What are you conclusions based on those clarifying questions?
Something about this post just irks me.
The way the question is asked, perhaps?
It seems like someone who knows Furtive is townie but trying to just get the feeling of stances to better idea of where furtive is.
The question i have to that theory is why scum Sail would want to know that instead of just doing pushing on them, this could be a queing it up but it also doesn't feel like it.

Maybe its just genuine question? I am very fence sitting this now.
Ill take another look at Sail posts.
Nope, you're almost exactly right! I skimmed through furtive's past few town and scumgames and his play in this game is completely different than his past few scumgames, but it's also not exactly aligned with his towngames. I got the vibes that furtive is a disengaged townie who's trying to get his bearings HOWEVER I was not
totally sure
about that, so I wanted to ask him a few questions to see where he is.
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:37 am

Post by Sail »

In post 430, GuiltyLion wrote: I have an issue with the Aristeia wagon in that I played a game a while back with scum!Ari where town got absolutely suckered and she was in control of the game , playing town leader and leading us astray, I felt so hoodwinked at the end.

and I feel like she's made no real effort so far and the stuff people are registering as scummy is not stuff that scum!Ari is incapable of faking or doing well

so it seems a little too easy to me, I haven't found a reason to TR her but I'm skeptical that scum!Ari couldn't or wouldn't be doing more right now if she needed to
That makes sense. The only recent Aristeia scumgame I can find is new year's dance party in which Ari was limmed Day 1. She just shitposted the entire day and got flipped, and she only made content when she had to. In Eurybia's Curse (towngame) she had decidedly more content, especially in the early game. This game seems a bit more similar to that scumgame, but I also didn't do a whole lot of reading.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 469, Sail wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:
But you haven't really expressed many reads at this point. It seems like all you're doing is asking clarifying questions. What are you conclusions based on those clarifying questions?
It seems like someone who knows Furtive is townie but trying to just get the feeling of stances to better idea of where furtive is.
The question i have to that theory is why scum Sail would want to know that instead of just doing pushing on them, this could be a queing it up but it also doesn't feel like it.

Nope, you're almost exactly right! I skimmed through furtive's past few town and scumgames and his play in this game is completely different than his past few scumgames, but it's also not exactly aligned with his towngames. I got the vibes that furtive is a disengaged townie who's trying to get his bearings HOWEVER I was not
totally sure
I know this wasn't directed at me, but obviously I did have concerns with the way you were approaching Further. But this response by you does make a bit more sense, and I get it if you have never played with him before

Fun fact, I always would scum read him, yet he was always town. Then once I let my guard down a bit, boom.....he is scum. At least the next game I helped with his mis elim, made me feel like the ship was righted lol(i was scum that game).

Love ya Furt haha
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 471, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 469, Sail wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:

totally sure
I know this wasn't directed at me, but obviously I did have concerns with the way you were approaching Further. But this response by you does make a bit more sense, and I get it if you have never played with him before

Fun fact, I always would scum read him, yet he was always town. Then once I let my guard down a bit, boom.....he is scum. At least the next game I helped with his mis elim, made me feel like the ship was righted lol(i was scum that game).

Love ya Furt haha
Which game? I died to poison in Demon Slayer if that's what you're thinking of

And Sail, yeah I'm town good read congrats

I'll vote soon. I think Drew's town so probably will support another wagon
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 472, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 471, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 469, Sail wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:

totally sure

Love ya Furt haha
Which game? I died to poison in Demon Slayer if that's what you're thinking of

And Sail, yeah I'm town good read congrats

I'll vote soon. I think Drew's town so probably will support another wagon
Oh I meant Boons Ahoy(technically you were in a hydra).
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

why is drew town furtive