Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

obviously the same applies to each of you though from your own perspective if town so like

its easiest for everyone if scum just decides they want to force a specific gamestate and takes the plunge and votes
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

so yea if scum could go ahead and do that, that would also be fine
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:47 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 4623, hellbooks wrote: inspiration as in you went back and read them so you could download how to pocket me
extending upon this idea: i was thinking about how people come in from the dead thread after you misvote in ELO and are like "omg scum was so obvious" but like you were dead. the scum didnt have to worry about you so they were free to make a bunch of posts that would have been scummy to speifically you. the scum are only worried about snowing the people who are alive. and maybe theres enough of a difference between the alive people and the dead people to create a significant advantage for those dead people. in the last game i was thinking, coming in and saying how scum was so obvious after i misvoted is really feels just so unnecessarily belittling to me. like i already know i fucked up and youre just coming in and kicking me in the ribs while im on the floor

all of this is to say: if i vote infinity then this is part of why
In post 4599, fireisredsir wrote: i can try to talk about myself less tho, i do agree that doing so is generally like not super useful (and something that scums in this position really prefer doing) it's just hard for me not to respond to things sometimes
In post 4604, fireisredsir wrote: i can feel myself trying to like twist my words around to squeeze out any drops of towniness that must be in there somewhere and avoid sounding like scum but really it probably just ends up making my posts sound tortured and constructed
In post 4607, fireisredsir wrote: it was a reaction to my own previous post where i was absolutely doing that and pondering over "how would i say this if i was scum" and then trying to not do that
In post 4613, fireisredsir wrote: tbh probably the highest win% play is for me to just lean into it and play like how i would if i were scum because i definitely have a higher rate of getting voted as town than i do as scum, and im generally a lot better at elos as scum

but i think deep down i really want to believe that if i am just honest and true enough to myself that someone will see it and recognize it and know that im town

unfortunately even deeper down i think i know that's probably not true

i think the game of mafia is sort of a reflection of reality in that way and maybe thats why i keep playing it
and youre literally not allowed to get mad at me if im wrong because these were my posts, they were made for me
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i keep hitting this wall where i want to agree with the points that infinity is making about hellbooks being towny and im like "damn maybe they're right" but then the alternative is that they are scum and its like ok there is no secret third option for me to vote here (as much as i would like to) so why would scum infinity be trying to convince me that hellbooks is town
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:52 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 4735, Infinity 324 wrote: I'm gonna spend a day or so away from this game (if I can) and if I come back and feel the same way I'll probably be ready to vote
In post 4737, fireisredsir wrote: im gonna spend a day or so trying to solve this game (if i can) and if i come to a conclusion ill probably be ready to vote
infinity: gonna try and take a break from this game
fire: gonna try and make some posts that youre going to feel like you have to respond to
(facetious post)
get a gtkas thread here
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

fortunately i have the secret third option

idk i don't really think i'll find you as town here unfortunately
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

why not
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:54 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 4778, fireisredsir wrote: i keep hitting this wall where i want to agree with the points that infinity is making about hellbooks being towny and im like "damn maybe they're right" but then the alternative is that they are scum and its like ok there is no secret third option for me to vote here (as much as i would like to) so why would scum infinity be trying to convince me that hellbooks is town
the answer to this is surely that scum infinity is trying to seal the deal on convincing me that you are scum
im not sure what not taking this into account means from a "what perspective is fire operating from" angle
get a gtkas thread here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i guess that actually does make a lot of sense hm
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think it just means that despite me not believing that i do, i maybe do have at least a little bit of the perspective of thinking im the main character and that im the one who scum will feel the need to pocket here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ive been training my omgus muscles this game to try to get better at it and im almost ready to pull out the "if you don't even think it's possible that you can find me as town here then you're scum"
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:00 am

Post by hellbooks »

i think my explanation is going to be like you and infinity were having like a conversation with each other while i was farting around andpretending to do my job and since infinity was talking to you it would only reasonably follow that youre the person thyre trying to convince
get a gtkas thread here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

in hollow knight mafia elo i spent a lot of time solving and reading the game and reading past meta and trying to figure out which answer made the most sense and then i finally as a last ditch effort decided to try the old chat mafia trick of real time interaction and reading gimli's reactions to what i was saying

and i thought he was scum off it and i very nearly threw the rest of my solving out the window and voted him

i would have been correct to do so but then the moment passed and i let it go
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

now im wondering if infinity noticing that hellbooks likes explaining jokes and then asking her to explain house of leaves post was a pocket attempt
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4781, fireisredsir wrote: why not
there's too many little things. there's the emotional stuff which i may even be weighing your "i wouldn't have trouble concealing genuine emotions", idk scum just mess up sometimes. there's the posting around the skitter elim and the "oh wait what" post and on day 3 you felt a bit "ok lets get this over with" and now you feel demoralized.

i also think when you got wagoned and started pushing sheep on d2 felt very opportunistic. and afterwards you were still so sure sheep was the correct lim which feels weird for someone who had to convince themself of it at the time

skitt also just kept pushing for you to not be in the coalition

and also it's what almost all of the dead townies would think in my spot.

sometimes i think that the emotional stuff i'm picking up on is too small and i'm confbiasing myself but the whole thing feels grounded in facts and outside opinions in a way where. if you're town i think there was a confluence of coincidences that led me to the wrong opinion that i think i'll look back and say "yeah i probably made the right decision"

buuut i'm not quite ready to vote lemme look at a couple more things
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:16 am

Post by hellbooks »

when infinity was like "ok do you reaaaally like explaining jokes though" i was like ltierally where the hell is thisgoing
get a gtkas thread here
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

i did that kinda as a joke and then after i posted it i realized you were gonna explain the whole thing seriously and i considered saying no you don't have to. but then i realized you would enjoy it and i would enjoy it and there's now a beautiful commentary on a beautiful post

i get too nervous people will say i am pocketing i should just submit this
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4789, Infinity 324 wrote: the "oh wait what" post and on day 3 you felt a bit "ok lets get this over with" and now you feel demoralized.
i don't get what about these you think are more likely to come from scum than town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:22 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4789, Infinity 324 wrote: skitt also just kept pushing for you to not be in the coalition
including this as a reason feels more like piling on things that sound good as a reason for me to be scum in isolation rather than something that actually convinces you

because she pushed more for hellbooks to not be in the coalition than me so there's not really any reason this should be a part of your thought process
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

i talked about the oh wait what post

the "let's get this over with" is...a bit difficult to explain but i guess i think you care about winning enough that you would want to get it over with in the right direction! trying to explain why you wouldn't feel the same way as scum is difficult i just think it's different when you're informed.

i don't think you'd be demoralized here as town because you said you weren't demoralized. and unless you're confident i'm town you shouldn't be that demoralized as town here

there are a bunch of things you've posted this day phase that would make me feel bad for voting you. and i don't think that's what town!you actually wants so unless you're coming off way different than you intend i don't think you'd actually be posting those things as town

pedit: i don't think that is factually true and i talked about this
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:33 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 4794, Infinity 324 wrote: there are a bunch of things you've posted this day phase that would make me feel bad for voting you. and i don't think that's what town!you actually wants so unless you're coming off way different than you intend i don't think you'd actually be posting those things as town
i think town fire's intention here with those posts was as stated, just to be earnest (and then expressing some earnest regret about doing so)
i guess even if someone isnt like "i am going to appeal to your emotion" ones emotions can still be appealed to
get a gtkas thread here
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

hmm. maybe you are correct but i do feel like my emotions are being appealed to
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

who is scum hellbooks
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:35 am

Post by hellbooks »

i guess its very player dependent on how its reacted to
like i keep coming back to the feeling that i posted very similar things from a very similar mindset in an earlier game as town and did not garner a single drop of pity from anyone other than maybe tris
although i guess that was in a D1 situation and also i probably said a lot of things like "i openly absolve all of you for wanting to mislim me"
get a gtkas thread here
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #4799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:37 am