Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:31 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 573, humaneatingmonkey wrote: and just now, you've tried to call me scum for defending my own slot and being manipulative and deaf about your arguments

it's hard not to feel like you've decided i'm your elimination, and just inventing reasons to justify that now
merlyn replaces a scummy slot

tries to solve the game

you replace a scummy slot

you try to save yourself and tell us Seven was an obvious town
Feel free to call me "Leek".
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:31 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

do you want me to clarify so my post makes more sense and so that we can communicate better?
or do you just want to portray me as nonsense so you can continue pushing me
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:33 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 574, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 564, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i'm finding it hard to believe that leek would really think that seven is scum for not pushing what leek thinks is an obvious PR slot. surely it's more beneficial for scum to push for a TPR elimination, and then seal the deal with another chance at a TPR during the NK?

i'm reaaaally finding the reason to be forced.
also

1. happy wasn't easily pushable
2. where do I think it's an obvious PR slot? I had no idea
3. happy would have claimed if it came to limming him

this post makes no sense
scum know there's little hope of actually pushing an elimination thru on a pr (tho in a newbie game i'd wager it happens more often then elsewhere on the site). the claim is exactly what they're after in these [hypothetical] situations
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:34 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

nah monkey

i want an answer to this:

I want to learn why you put it like the Seven-Happy relationship in regard to PR was the only reason I want to lim the Seven slot, while I provided my deeper and more elaborate reasoning to limming Seven even before the nkill happened

you made my reasons shallow as heck

even if happy wasn't a PR, don't you think that Seven's inconsistency regarding happy was weird?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:37 am

i'm not trying to put it like that at all

if you feel like your reason is deeper, feel free to elaborate

i don't think seven's inconsistency was weird. i think it's obvious that she's an uninterested player who didn't really like the game, and everything else makes sense after that. in a vacuum, even if i don't know seven's alignment, i'd say that still NAI.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:38 am

what you need to know is... ~I~ think your reasons are shallow as heck. If you think your reasons run deep, please elaborate. I'm not making you anything.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:43 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 512, Merlyn wrote: 406 red flag red flag- the only ‘useful’ vote would have been to hammer steve. Which as we now know was a bad choice. This feels like subtle pressure to gaslight my spot into hammering, which they fell for.
huh? i mean yea, obviously i wanted a hammer on steve? that was my sr. only other wagon all day was my own slot.

deadline was creeping up, starting a fresh new wagon is pointless without pushing for a flashwagon, and generally ill-advised either way.

idk what you think gaslight means lol
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:45 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 519, Merlyn wrote: So you have time for this post and the one after but not for a readslist
???
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:46 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

Seven makes a bigger post

I say I don't like it and explain why

also
In post 292, SzmarzLeek wrote: it's easy to miss SevenEyes in this game

I don't like how she's posting just enough to avoid prods

could be an even better lim if she keeps such playstyle

In post 390, SzmarzLeek wrote: I'm deciding between Civil Scum and SevenEyes. Both seem to be avoiding the game throughout of it. Seven only adds something when asked and pressured. Civil is lurking and saying there's nothing to go by instead generating some stuff himself. Both didn't add much to the game.

so Seven was

1. playing just enough to avoid the prods
2. making post with minimum content
3. don't jumping in with thought of their own, no spontaneous thoughts, just mostly answering to being pushed/asked
4. when she made a bigger post with reads, it seemed to me like she was repeating what others have said in the thread
5. inconsitent approach to who they even want to lim (happy case)
6. I felt like she's doubling down on her being new

that's not an obvious towny slot for me

this is AT MOST a nullread, where you don't know if it's a scum newbie or townie newbie

and I'm surprised when you said it's an obvious town
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:47 am

Post by patchwork »

hey, i'm here to pop in quickly: not reallu sure what the context is on Seven Eyes but if anyone ever tries to defend their predecessor from a scumread it's generally a red flag.
note on my vla: i've mostly finished my work so i think i can return to the game sometime tomorrow. i should be wrapping things up around tonight so if i'm fast it can probably end today
also hii merlyn :heart:
In post 553, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 551, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 542, humaneatingmonkey wrote: is the idea she's scum because she's avoiding to eliminate happy?
if scum!seveneyes identified the pr, why would she need to avoid pushing the slot if the opportunity presented itself? doesn't she want to push the slot?
the thing is, she scumread it but "forgot" to push it

and the whole game was scummy, playing to avoid the prods and mostly talking when pushed to that
that doesn't sound like scum, but rather just a player who wasn't really that interested in playing the game
Uhhhh no that's kind of a scumtell
town has a intrinsic motivation to solve ehte game because thye're the uninformed ones, not scum. if someone announces a scumread but just lets it sit there and acts all fencesitty it's kind of scummy lol
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:48 am

Post by patchwork »

wait is humaneatingmonkey experienced
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:50 am

Post by patchwork »

woah, they are. that's a little absurd. leek, out of curiosity, when did seven eyes announce their scumread on happy, and when did they say they forgot to push it in comparison to when they replaced out?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:50 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 546, humaneatingmonkey wrote: though if scum, very clever to push the right strategy forward and then gently excuse yourself from the narrative
:twisted:
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:52 am

Post by patchwork »

cause i'm not really gonna buy this borderline angleshooty "she lost interest and excused herself from the game" (paraphrased) narrative unless there's proof backing it up and i'm not really able to read the thread right now. currently i'm buyign leek's argument more based on the quotes i've skimmed but i'm willing to give the slot the benefit of the doubt
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:53 am

Post by patchwork »

oh, hi bulge iu rememebr youf rom that one game we played together
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:53 am

i thought her tone was really honest. her readslist is just emotions about players in the game and i think newbscum usually feels a bit more fabricated and "right" because they're informed. she reads totally uninformed.
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:55 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 586, patchwork wrote: woah, they are. that's a little absurd. leek, out of curiosity, when did seven eyes announce their scumread on happy, and when did they say they forgot to push it in comparison to when they replaced out?
started at post

ended at post
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:59 am

Post by The Bulge »

i have a meeting and then will be busy tonight, i think tomorrow i'll be able to get down and dirty with this game again. so far vibing with humaneatingmonkey (tho i read the szmarz interaction as tvt and somewhat of a distraction) and not-vibing with merlyn's approach to the thread.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:36 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

wow the replacing sure did wake this game up again
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:15 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 589, patchwork wrote: oh, hi bulge iu rememebr youf rom that one game we played together
when you read the thread or ISO bulge please let us know if there's any comparison
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:17 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Spoiler: SmileyDude1

I like
gives reads that have a pretty consistent logic with what he’s posted up until now with one exception, I’ll note it down below
Yep, I remember having a similar thought at this point in time.
TheHoldSteady slightly + scum, due to eventually winding up on the wagon despite liking the Steve slot earlier in the game. They do show progression towards voting the slot over the course of the day, though it does feel interesting, (To be fair I am guilty of doing this same thing, would probs place myself here if I wasn't working from FMPOV)
This was a really strange thing to say. “I’m marking you down for doing the same thing I’m doing, even though I’m town and did the exact same thing” ???

Smiley hardly even mention Leek day 1 but then emerged in 337 with a post that said “not limming him today” and then followed by a solid townread in for kind of weak reasons and even putting him on top of his townreads in . Reasoning for the townread in is slightly better but I still don’t agree with it, Leek has mostly popped up just to complain about inactivity and then leave again

yeah makes sense to me

Still leaning town for a mostly consistent and thoroughly-stated development of reads and productive scumhunting, but admittedly not as strongly as I did before
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:32 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

"This was a really strange thing to say. “I’m marking you down for doing the same thing I’m doing, even though I’m town and did the exact same thing” ???"

this is an interesting thing theory wise

I'll try to explain it in english the best I can

so one of the best players in my community claims such" hypocrisy" is not really hypocrisy

it's actually a benefit for a townie, because if you see someone is doing something sus (even though you do it too), you can narrow down the suspects

eg. if you were lurking as a townie and two other people would be lurking too, you have it easier than the rest of the town to narrow down the scummy lurkers, because you have to choose from two, not from there

so such "hypocrisy" like Smiley has shown is not inherently scummy in my opinion

of course you might disagree, just sharing this thought, hope it makes some sense the way I explained it
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:39 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Spoiler: Leek
I have my doubts about Steve, but I don't think it is a good day 1 lim since they're providing content and post their thoughts
not even true he completely disappeared when we asked him to respond to allegations

we lim Steven: Seven keeps her laconic plastyle and doesn't generate content

we lim Seven: Steven provides more content, maybe we get some info regarding his partner, maybe we can change our mind about him
that’s one way of looking at it but actually there’s much more to discuss / we have discussed now about Steve’s lim than there would’ve been if we limmed a town SevenEyes
bulge seemed very stubborn and adamant to lim Steve - that's towny, but I don't like how Bulge looks narrowly at the game, most of their (can you setup pronouns, Bulge?) iso concerns Steve, needs very close observation
Anyway, I'm irritated with Steve lim and him flipping green. Now I want people who said we'll get precious "content" from that lim to tell us what exactly we're getting from that :)

I think the Bulge said that? I expect deeper analyses, since according to you this would be such a beneficial lim.
the Bulge showed great stubbornness in limming Steve and that's towny
Here’s a 180 on the Bulge, from “its not deep enough its scum” immediately to “its stubborn, its townie”

I have to fill out a ton of paperwork so I might not have time to do much more of this. I kind of scum read both those slots Monkey/Seven and Leek but at this point a scumteam between them would just be ridiculous play
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:41 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Merlyn kind of just made a long post throwing rocks that turn to dust when you grab a hold of them. I kind of SR her
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:41 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 596, SzmarzLeek wrote: "This was a really strange thing to say. “I’m marking you down for doing the same thing I’m doing, even though I’m town and did the exact same thing” ???"

this is an interesting thing theory wise

I'll try to explain it in english the best I can

so one of the best players in my community claims such" hypocrisy" is not really hypocrisy

it's actually a benefit for a townie, because if you see someone is doing something sus (even though you do it too), you can narrow down the suspects

eg. if you were lurking as a townie and two other people would be lurking too, you have it easier than the rest of the town to narrow down the scummy lurkers, because you have to choose from two, not from there

so such "hypocrisy" like Smiley has shown is not inherently scummy in my opinion

of course you might disagree, just sharing this thought, hope it makes some sense the way I explained it
sure

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”