osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1111, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1078, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I'd explain why, but i already went into it earlier so i'd just be repeating myself.
They are abrasive, not easy to understand but doesn't make them scum yada yada.
The abrasiveness isn't the problem. As I think I stated or should reinforce if Im not making myself clear, the abrasiveness seems performative rather than genuine. Abrasive != Scum. If you think this is normal behavior I would say this looks like trying to replicate normal behavior. I have many more things I can say about osuka but i want to focus on other slots for a bit and give him time to clear up any miscommunications or his thoughts on other players.

if he is scum i want him to give opinions on way more slots than he has given now and want harder stances than he has given in regards to myself and anyone who is pushing him as scum.
i believe i've already given my opinion on you but here goes: your pushes this entire time, not just on myself, have been nothing but air and i think you're trying to fluff content into existence where there is none. you're trying too hard to read into bullshit that doesn't matter, just to make it seem like a natural thought process and get your ass off the line.

getting close?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1115, furtiveglance wrote: I would be shocked if scum:
GuiltyLion

I would be surprised:
Dannflor, Ina, FA, BlueSnakelet

Could be scum:
Drew, Ranger, Titus, Whemestar, JJH, Dusa

Wouldn't be surprised:
Andres, RC, Sail, Aristeia, Norwee, KKFC

Would be surprised if town:
Osuka
prepare yourself for a surprise!

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1123, Doctor Drew wrote: I am getting the osuka vibes I know......and love??
aw thanks

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1126, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1110, Ranger wrote:
In post 1108, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1106, Ranger wrote:
In post 1073, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ranger this game is either a scum with convenient reads or a town with very wrong reads.

Yes i am using this format to make fun of Rangers favourite post to quote about me.
You're doing a bad job, as 'making fun of' a post requires a sense of humor you lack.
Whatever you are trying to do here. You should stop.
Why try when you can succeed? I like to snark. When people engage with me and do so poorly, they leave themselves wide open to mine. As far as I know, snarking is not against the rules. If it makes a player uncomfortable, I'll tone it down on their request; as I've not received such a request yet, I'll let loose.
You’re doing either a wonderful cosplay of comedy or a terrible cosplay of snark, I’ll say.
sting!

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1142, WhemeStar wrote: I’m still on the osuka town side of the fence

I have thoughts on posts but will post when I’m not driving/working
dont post and drive or the sheriff is gonna get ya

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1153, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: andres

i kinda wanna do this
ew no why

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1166, Titus wrote:
In post 1141, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Also if Osuka is mafia it means they decided to not join any bigger or consensus wagons/scumreads by going on a tangent towards Dannflor that will never get any support.
This has two explanations.
Either Osuka really does believe in their read and doesn’t care how much support their push get’s or is likely to get. (Extremely town indicative)
Or Osuka did it because they expected to get townread and are mafia

What do you guys think is more likely, knowing Osuka’s character and playstyle?

Occam’s razor?

Osuka is just town here, and scum are supporting this wagon.
Option c, Osuka is caught and denying post flip associations.
daoeurghaoiweurgfbalcjnbvalkwj34ha;3wjrnadaoi3w3u4oktmghfxgdhjdr57ukl,hlhbjlbjklj

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by osuka »

hahahahah what the fuck titus seriously i cant deal with that shit right now

Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Dusa »

In post 1273, osuka wrote:
In post 1101, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1077, GuiltyLion wrote: idk the timing of osuka wagon gaining steam after the Sail CW formed is giving me heebie jeebies
I'm also a little bit expecting scum to be bussing osuka here

I don't feel osuka is playing for long term survival here what with his content hard focusing on me of all slots
okay first of all i haven't been hard focusing you and second of all, you should know a lot better than to think scum just hardbusses like this on day 1 if i'm faced with this situation

it's EXACTLY this sort of shit that further convinces me of a scumread on you, just when i'm starting to warm up to you
What made you warm up?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1177, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1087, Dannflor wrote:
In post 889, osuka wrote: im very busy at work and i have to put out several fires today so you probably wont see me for a while, but danns reaction is sort of surprisingly reasonable and level-headed in the face of an osuka rant
GL what do you think about this post

it strikes me as like, cognitively inconsistent that osuka pops in to be like "oh you're so reasonable" in a tone that makes me think he is rethinking his read, and then doubles down with "actually you're too reasonable"
yeah I see what you're saying and you may be onto something here

there's possibly a world where osuka sees things like being "reasonable" and "level-headed" as scum behaviors rather than town ones, and so this post and tone is meant to be read like your reaction is
more
scummy, not less, but the "sort of" qualifier generally points away from that interpretation I think

at the same time I still vibe with the Norwee point about how this Dann tunnel doesn't serve him at all if he's scum and if he knows it's bullshit, and if he's scum and was originally thinking about backing down in then why telegraph that before changing his mind and continuing to double down? The gamestate didn't change substantially between and so why would he start down a 'back down' path and then re-escalate again on the next page?
ive explained this elsewhere in this catch up, go read it and let me know if that actually addresses your concern. if not i can elaborate further

Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Dusa »

In post 1281, osuka wrote:
In post 1166, Titus wrote:
In post 1141, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Also if Osuka is mafia it means they decided to not join any bigger or consensus wagons/scumreads by going on a tangent towards Dannflor that will never get any support.
This has two explanations.
Either Osuka really does believe in their read and doesn’t care how much support their push get’s or is likely to get. (Extremely town indicative)
Or Osuka did it because they expected to get townread and are mafia

What do you guys think is more likely, knowing Osuka’s character and playstyle?

Occam’s razor?

Osuka is just town here, and scum are supporting this wagon.
Option c, Osuka is caught and denying post flip associations.
daoeurghaoiweurgfbalcjnbvalkwj34ha;3wjrnadaoi3w3u4oktmghfxgdhjdr57ukl,hlhbjlbjklj
You are not in enough trouble to make your allies abandon you here!

This is similar to your disagreement with Dannflor, the pets would work together today.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:14 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Btw i gotta say Ranger.
Even if you are scum this game i think i like you a lot.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:14 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1227, Titus wrote: VOTE: RCE
i can get behind this
VOTE: rce

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1237, Sail wrote:
In post 1141, NorwegianboyEE wrote: What do you guys think is more likely, knowing Osuka’s character and playstyle?
Taking a look at a few of osuka's previous games I definitely think that's an osuka!scum thing to do.
you can't read me

and even if you could you would've gotten it wrong

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by osuka »

i do really really like guiltylion's points on sail but i wanna take more time to think about that one. i know it sounds stupid coming from me since that wagon almost looks like a scum counterwagon to save osuka, but there's still something off about how that wagon came to be in the first place i think. i wanna ponder it a little longer

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1249, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1244, Doctor Drew wrote: But, I fear you aren't giving credence to an 'active scum' here......and also hunting lurkers is an easy crutch for scum to fall back on when a mis lim happens 'oops, I mean what were they contributing anyways, amirite?'
sure, these are both valid points. I would reiterate this is my early game / D1 approach more than my overall philosophy - it's certainly possible we have an 'active' scum deepwolfing and influencing things right now, I just don't have any proven reliable or easy ways to catch such a scum on D1. and the consequences if you get it wrong (limming / minimizing a strong vocal town player) are far worse than if you get it wrong on a lurky disengaged townie.

You're also right that this is an easy crutch for scum to fall back on, that's why we should start with these players and sort or eliminate them as early as possible, so scum can't shield them for later miseliminations. Imagine Sail is town but we just ignore them completely, they keep participating at about the rate they are now, we don't get much actionable info as it relates to their slot because they're not voting or pushing wagons, and now suddenly it's D6 with 7 players alive and 3 mafia. How confident are you going to be that Sail is town based on what we have at that point? and how easy will it be for the mafia to push Sail
then
?

or let's say Dann and Sail are both town. It's clearly a much bigger win for the mafia if we miseliminate Dann here than if we miseliminate Sail, right? and I don't mean for this to be a judgment on Sail's abilities, I'd love it if Sail gave more of themselves to the thread, I am not trying to say Dann is always a better player. I'm just saying given what they've done up to this point so far, a town!Dann is a more threatening player to mafia. He's more widely townread and he's more likely to catch a scum and drive a wagon on them, simply because he's more involved.
In post 1244, Doctor Drew wrote:What else is your case on sail?
it really is largely a) that I didn't feel like their Norwee vote was genuine, it felt like something Sail did because there was an opportunity to believably join a budding wagon rather than an earnest scumread of theirs along with b) I don't feel Sail has done a whole lot to push people. They're asking questions and commenting on things but it hasn't had enough of an impact for me to reach a level of D1 townread.

Or for another example - in regard to osuka, they've positioned a few times with reasons to suspect him (, ) but there's no vote accompanying either of these callouts. I would normally want/expect town to vote osuka there, it puts more pressure on osuka, and it puts more pressure on everyone else (including hypothetical scum!osuka's scumbuddies) to address the wagon, either joining or declining to join. but instead Sail's just posting reasons to suspect osuka - my cynical/uncharitable view would be that this is either in hopes of getting other folks to get their hands dirty by voting an osuka miselim so Sail doesn't have to, or just angling so that their eventual osuka vote feels more 'believable' because the trajectory was neatly laid out in prior posts.

on re-ISOing Sail (and as it relates to the last comment on osuka in ), the most townie thing I see is a handful of references to doing meta research on players. If these meta dives are genuine then Sail is likely town, because scum wouldn't need to check meta in the first place and wouldn't be able to use meta to support a bogus scumread. however these references to looking at past games have been very surface level, so I'd appreciate a bit more detail from Sail with osuka in particular what games they looked at and what patterns they noticed in scum!osuka's completed games that may apply here.
i should point out that sail probably didn't actually bother to do a meta dive on me at all, because if they did they would've found several instances of me admitting to actively going out of my way to set my meta on fire every time i play the game

nice try though

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1271, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1268, osuka wrote: im very very scared of norwe trying to pocket me here, although i'm really not sure whether that's what's happening or not
I feel like you’re the type of slot that would just punch someone that white knights them in the face so i haven’t really been trying to be friendly with you.
Just dismantle your wagon as i do not want a town mislim on day 1.
add this to the list of pocketing evidence

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:22 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1283, Dusa wrote:
In post 1273, osuka wrote:
In post 1101, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1077, GuiltyLion wrote: idk the timing of osuka wagon gaining steam after the Sail CW formed is giving me heebie jeebies
I'm also a little bit expecting scum to be bussing osuka here

I don't feel osuka is playing for long term survival here what with his content hard focusing on me of all slots
okay first of all i haven't been hard focusing you and second of all, you should know a lot better than to think scum just hardbusses like this on day 1 if i'm faced with this situation

it's EXACTLY this sort of shit that further convinces me of a scumread on you, just when i'm starting to warm up to you
What made you warm up?
his demeanor in general feels genuine and even though he doesn't always make a whole lot of sense, the thought processes don't feel like they're fabricated. there aren't many weird leaps or open misreps. if there is an agenda, i don't immediately see it.

but then we get a post that's like "oh they're bussing osuka" and i mean, dude, seriously? dann should know better than to say that around this fucking player list of all people

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:26 pm

Post by Aristeia »

instead of responding to eleven different things maybe just write out why you want to vote out RCEnigma?
You are always gonna be my love
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by osuka »

are you talking to me

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1291, osuka wrote:
In post 1271, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1268, osuka wrote: im very very scared of norwe trying to pocket me here, although i'm really not sure whether that's what's happening or not
I feel like you’re the type of slot that would just punch someone that white knights them in the face so i haven’t really been trying to be friendly with you.
Just dismantle your wagon as i do not want a town mislim on day 1.
add this to the list of pocketing evidence
See? I already knew you would be like this.

Am i good or what.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:37 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Who’s leading the cause on sail wagon or scumreads them?
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Oh norwee ur here hi
Im a dog that quacks
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:47 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Aha! It's Mr Wheme Park himself
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 951, jjh927 wrote: I think my question for Wheme is why does he think Ranger not putting him at the bottom of her reads is alignment indicative. That'd only be alignment indicative if Wheme and Ranger were both scum together, surely
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”