Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:28 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1348, ina marija wrote:
In post 1270, osuka wrote:
In post 1092, ina marija wrote:
In post 1085, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I basically felt like most your posts in this game was unparseable to me.

if ever struggling to parse can always ask very common for me to have to rephrase both in mafia and life

making things more easily understandable to others is why i've adapted the line breaks and relying on the word 'like' so heavily and such but still i know clarity not a strength of mine
this + 1069 that everyone keeps talking about only made sense to me because i'm high

pretty fucking weird if you ask me

? i took extra care to format the way i did because fire assassin didn't seem to be following what i was saying regarding

idk i guess i don't get how it's weird

like i'm basically just saying that instead of being like 'i find your posts unparseable' that norwegianboyee (or anyone else for that matter) can simply ask me to rephrase or expand upon etc i know i am unclear but i do lots of things to try to make myself more clear and if there's anything additional anyone would like me to do i am willing to try to do so
no it made sense to me at the time but i was super blitzed and i feel like that’s why it made sense to me. it’s not bad weird, it’s just weird weird

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

Don't think I'm gonna get much more immediate response out of jabbing Wheme so yeah, guess it is time

VOTE: Whemestar
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ina it she

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:31 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1344, Titus wrote: I find it odd as a whole no one asked why.

??? why not just say why so we can talk about that

like what is the tangible benefit of naked voting and hoping for someone to ask why vs. saying why so it can be discussed

like is 'quote naked vote > ask why?' somehow an alignment indicative thing to you?

and if not yeah why not just say why
every word is rind of the snow, a girl writes on it with a branch. the snow melts... the girl melts too.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:36 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

dont know exactly why im voting drew

UNVOTE:
master at being scum(my)
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:37 am

Post by ina marija »

hi! any thoughts so far where did you start how much have you read etc
every word is rind of the snow, a girl writes on it with a branch. the snow melts... the girl melts too.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:37 am

just started
master at being scum(my)
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:39 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1355, camelCasedSnivy wrote: just started

how'd you come to find you were voting doctor drew?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:40 am

i saw the VC
master at being scum(my)
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:40 am

Post by ina marija »

guess there is a votecount last page so kinda ...

did you start with your own iso? with regards to the why

is more or less what i was trying to ask
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:41 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1357, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i saw the VC
this checks out, my network of spies confirmed it

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:42 am

i checked blues ISO as soon as i replaced in though i didnt really register the drew vote

im just reading page by page for now
master at being scum(my)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

I am currently on a train but don't want to miss a good chance to discuss reads in some respect with Ina so I'm gonna phonepost an ordered readslist on how I am feeling right now without easy access to references

Town

Aristeia
Dannflor
ina marija
Dusa
GuiltyLion
NorwegianboyEE
Fire Assassin

Also town probably

Ranger
Osuka
camelCasedSnivy
RCEnigma
Sail
KatyKimFanClub
Doctor Drew

There is no null tier

Scum??

furtiveglance
Andresvmb
Titus
Whemestar
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1344, Titus wrote: I find it odd as a whole no one asked why.
Why did you say this?
You know not everyone is a child of the Professor!
A dark ally who challenged you on why you were voting RCEnigma would just be volunteering for a hard chore over such a weak poke.

Are you really thinking or just spouting "classroom things"?
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Dusa »

I don't like RCEnigma but I like his enemies even less!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

But yeah I'd like to encourage ina in particular to peruse my reads because I realise she's absolutely in my town reads but I have very little idea where we overlap on thoughts right now

Anyone else is welcome as well I guess
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:02 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1361, jjh927 wrote: I am currently on a train but don't want to miss a good chance to discuss reads in some respect with Ina so I'm gonna phonepost an ordered readslist on how I am feeling right now without easy access to references

uhh, your town feels pretty similar to mine though i guess i worry that i am townreading approach in some ways but it is day one et cetera also i think a lot of people feel similarly

though aristeia being your strongest town is kinda ??? to me like i don't think she has done anything greatly town and response to push something she knows well how to do regardless

like i assume this approach from you of just generally running at someone yields alot of false negatives in this regard so just hard to see how you got to very most confident town i guess,

i am not that confident in her being town and i didn't hard scumread her at one point

ranger still worries me on multiple fronts but trying to take wide angle view

actually, is there anything specific you would like to discuss? i guess i don't understand what you're looking for from me here

unless it's just to go through and try to refine which would mostly focus on bottom two tiers but also would like to feel better about you to undertake mission i guess
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Updated reads through #450:

Lean Town
{Aristeia, Dannflor, GuiltyLion}
Slight Lean Town
{Fire Assassin, Sail, ina marija, Titus}
Uncertain
{osuka}
Slight Lean Scum
{Doctor Drew, BlueSnakelet, WhemeStar, Dusa, jjh927}

- this defense of BlueSnakelet seems silly from Dusa honestly. It’s too strong. BlueSnakelet took the time to think through the mechanics in a way they felt helps Town. I think that’s perhaps a positive though it’s a lot of effort that could have been expended sorting players. But definitely Town for it? No way.
- This is actually weak. I didn’t vote my single SR because no one else seems to be doing so? How about questioning the players that aren’t SR there about their view or trying to get them to change their mind? Is it Scummy though? Does Scum actually admit this? Maybe? Seems somewhat preposterous to me.
- @Titus, I like GuiltyLion as a player. If I suspect him though, expect me to come full guns blazing because they wouldn’t be easy to take down I don’t think. You’re right that you and I tend to butt heads, but for what it’s worth, I think I was wrong about my early view of your slot. Not sure if I can fully trust you, but I’m getting Town vibes. Now, we get each other wrong all the time (it’s been historically documented), so this read will never be strongly held, but it’s a start.
- I wanted to read the first set of pages carefully in part because of this series of posts from Ranger. Not sure I focused enough for instance on the strength of the TR on Blue (who I see has been replaced) or the strength of the SR on Aristeia (who seemed pretty unremarkable to me up to this point from rereading). I do recall I called these reads reasonable from when I was first following the game, and generally I do still think so.
- I have two thoughts here: (i) I am still confused by the focus on this detail, but (ii) it’s obvious ina marija is trying to form an opinion of Ranger in real time. Would argue probably not SvS. Also, it prompting the exchange around reinforces my view that these two are not SvS most of the time (I really doubt the conversation would have played out like this - it just looks like Ranger really is keen on making sure ina marija understands how they go about laying out their reads).
- *Checks future*, jjh927 has indeed predicted it (to a t - see ).
- I would gamble that Scum probably makes up a reason to SR Drew there instead of just arguing wagonomics but no certainty around this. Just my gut feeling.
- This on the other hand I can’t say I’m a fan of, not sure Scummy though. Aristeia is basically admitting to not focusing on the game all that much with this post. Does not mean they will not be engaged, but they’re not appearing to think too carefully about what is going on. Openly sheeping without handing out credit I would argue is probably Town indicative?
, - I want to say, I think this is probably (from my perspective) the strongest reason to feel good about Aristeia. I can fake a lot of things as Scum. But the dread that I feel from having to play Scum is difficult for me to hide (though I try really hard). Playing Town is so much more fun for me, and I think it shows. Aristeia knowing this, and using that information to read me correctly, is pretty solid stuff. And this isn’t self meta from just this game - I have clarified this plenty in past games and it’s been used against me (or in my favor) multiple times. Ranger obviously had expressed a positive view of my slot (though I know that’s shifted now) but I don’t think there was a lot of certainty around how people were coming around to my alignment so I can’t say it’s strategic either.
- I don’t like this line of inquiry for the simple reason that jjh is asking for detail that purely from reading how Aristeia plays, will not be provided.
- The series of posts leading to the unvote here is actually leaning Scum to me. I’m starting to realize that I have too many SRs.
- Okay we actually agree on Dusa. Hm.
And regardless of where my vote is, it’s good to see you. I’m hoping my view of your slot changes and we can slay some Scum. Otherwise I’ll have to push you to the edge.
- I laughed at this. And it’s true. Also, the series of votes in are actually pretty terrible from where I sit.
- Sometimes I should wait until I have read more carefully before saying stuff like this. I think Aristeia was clearly not super solid on us being Town but felt us Towny and jumped on a wagon they felt was positive. I can’t really bash that. So I take this back.
- To be fair, up until here, after Drew was pressured, they had entirely failed to come back to the thread. I’ll have to see if they ever addressed the wagon on them.
- This seems reasonable to me as a reaction to how Ranger posts, though I focused more on the actual conclusions. I’m of the mindset that ultimately the position of players on the scale from Ranger was more important than the lack of detail, for the simple reason that one of the players I respect the most was very keen on not sharing too much about their thinking because a lot of it is intuition, and trying to put certain things into words just leaves the door open for Scum to poke holes. @osuka I would have probably gone for asking questions about the reads list before putting this vote down, but I get the gut reaction. I see you un-voted immediately after which I don’t love because the fundamental aspects behind your thinking remain true despite .
- Ha!
- I HATE this vote.

VOTE: Dusa

- This doesn’t make any sense to me. And using emotion to read players is a normal part of the game. We don’t have any tangible facts so a lot is argument construction + positions + feelings.
- I won’t be relying on this meta read really but I agree with the thought that Aristeia is playing somewhat freely and not really trying to direct the game super hard.
- This is why I hate falling behind. This wagon would have been useful.
- Once I start arguing passionately for an execution you’ll see my Towniness.
- Aristeia is Town and it’ll be hard to convince me otherwise.
- This bothers me for one important reason. I think this standard is crazy. Using arguments made eloquently by others to place people on the Town or Scum bin is done by everyone. I certainly do it. I don’t intend to read everyone by simply listening to my own inner voice. And I don’t always remember everything I read since these games tend to get long but you sometimes remember how a post made you feel and you find yourself nodding along. This feels forced in a way that I think is potentially coming from Scum.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

My town tier is all an effectively interchangeable level of high confidence, fwiw

With Aristeia, I pushed and continued to look for something and ultimately found a consistent town behaviour/approach

I would definitely like to refine the bottom tier if we're in a similar ballpark. I've felt surprisingly alone on a lot of my scumpile considering how many people I think notionally agree with bits of it. I think it might be the current gamestate though
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:16 am

Post by jjh927 »

And for what it's worth- my running at people approach doesn't normally result in a full reversal. Sometimes I just back off after seeing something to make me hesitate, and sometimes the absence of what I am looking for is sufficient for me to prove a negative. In this case I feel very confident on Aristeia town
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1366, Andresvmb wrote: - this defense of BlueSnakelet seems silly from Dusa honestly. It’s too strong. BlueSnakelet took the time to think through the mechanics in a way they felt helps Town. I think that’s perhaps a positive though it’s a lot of effort that could have been expended sorting players. But definitely Town for it? No way.
BlueSnakelet was a son of Zeus!
But BlueSnakelet has two parents! The other could be the Professor! Maybe you did not know that gods will mix it up with mortals. It happens a lot. It happens so much!
Some students seem very much like they have never even met the Professor! And I name two godly parents for them. Ina Marija is a daughter of Athena and Chaos

I mainly wanted to rave about BlueSnakelet's forward and active character
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Andresvmb »

jjh I take it that was meant for me? So you agree with some of my SRs? I’m glad you’ve changed your mind on Aristeia, though when reading your inquisition around #449 and the confidence you expressed in , I had alarm bells ringing.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’ll keep reading I still see there’s a lot to get through for me but it’s coming along.
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:34 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1351, jjh927 wrote: Don't think I'm gonna get much more immediate response out of jabbing Wheme so yeah, guess it is time

VOTE: Whemestar

can start here i guess

it's like, don't really understand your issue with whemestar's issue with ranger's reads like ranger has aristeia and norwegianboyee at the very bottom, both of whom you would not place there, neither would i, and i wouldn't say katykimfanclub has been particularly towny to me

like i still have questions out to whemestar regarding but i guess outside of myself the particular qualms seem fine to me

like maybe(?) there's a relevance to the one of the previous games played with ranger was scum!whemestar town!ranger but idk how to take that into account with regards to 'had this expectation of ranger readslist was not met',

which it is weird to me that whemestar doubled down on that being relevant to thought process like i thought 'yeah i could see that being noteworthy' but beyond that eh but! also you were questioning it so could be why whemestar still considering
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I might not be too active for 2 days but i’ll try to keep up anyways.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:35 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1373, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I might not be too active for 2 days but i’ll try to keep up anyways.
happy scumday!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”