jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:37 am

Post by jjh927 »

I guess I can clarify that the reason I'm scumreading Wheme so much after today's interactions are that he dug down rather than shrugging and going off in a different direction after being confronted by the weakness in his thought process. I remember town!Wheme being amenable to having it pointed out when he's using bad reasoning and going in a more logical but still Wheme-driven direction, whereas scum!Wheme has more resistance to moving stance.

In short, I think town!Wheme is much more fluid than scum!Wheme, and I believe experiments with pressure have determined his state of matter
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh, i didn’t even realize.

Thanks.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ina it she

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1372, ina marija wrote: and i wouldn't say katykimfanclub has been particularly towny to me

though it's certainly noteworthy that this was one of the slots whemestar pointed out as it's not like he is at the very top of ranger's reads or anything
every word is rind of the snow, a girl writes on it with a branch. the snow melts... the girl melts too.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:40 am

Post by jjh927 »

Like, the reason I was grilling Wheme about his Ranger read wasn't because it wasn't a reasonable stance to have on the game. It was because his reasoning to get there was bad, which presented the opportunity to take him through it in a way where I think I know how town!Wheme would respond. Quizzing Wheme about his reasoning is a good way to see how he's thinking, and he would have shown a different thought process if he was town
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:40 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1375, jjh927 wrote: I guess I can clarify that the reason I'm scumreading Wheme so much after today's interactions are that he dug down rather than shrugging and going off in a different direction after being confronted by the weakness in his thought process.

specifically with regards to past experience bottom of readslist thing or with regards to entire ranger read in general?
every word is rind of the snow, a girl writes on it with a branch. the snow melts... the girl melts too.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:43 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1370, Andresvmb wrote: jjh I take it that was meant for me? So you agree with some of my SRs? I’m glad you’ve changed your mind on Aristeia, though when reading your inquisition around #449 and the confidence you expressed in , I had alarm bells ringing.
I'm mainly leaving you to your catchup. My posts right now are primarily for ina
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:45 am

Post by ina marija »

i guess maybe outside of bottom of readslist thing i wouldn't expect town!whemestar to have thought 'oh this reasoning is bad' coming out of conversation with you in order to be more amenable

kinda worried about narrow focus and whemestar not trying to address issues with me despite numerous opportunities to do so having already presented themselves tho
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:46 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1379, ina marija wrote:
In post 1375, jjh927 wrote: I guess I can clarify that the reason I'm scumreading Wheme so much after today's interactions are that he dug down rather than shrugging and going off in a different direction after being confronted by the weakness in his thought process.

specifically with regards to past experience bottom of readslist thing or with regards to entire ranger read in general?
It's more about my understanding of Wheme's general attitude as a person and the way his thought process and behaviour differs when he is town

The points I was asking about were irrelevant to my read- I wanted to see how he would respond, particularly under a middle to growing level of pressure
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:47 am

Post by ina marija »

but digging in on bottom of readslist thing i can kinda see how you would think that but! like i said before you're also pushing that point so its not like whemestar is naturally bringing that up as part of thought process regarding
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:48 am

Post by jjh927 »

Town!Wheme would probably have disregarded it and be looking at something else though

For scum!Wheme right now his collection of Ranger related nonsense is all he has
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:50 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1382, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1379, ina marija wrote:

It's more about my understanding of Wheme's general attitude as a person and the way his thought process and behaviour differs when he is town

The points I was asking about were irrelevant to my read- I wanted to see how he would respond, particularly under a middle to growing level of pressure

ah, hm

my past experience with whemestar is very limited and almost wholly inapplicable here unless third party is a jester variant and whemestar has rolled it

still hard for me to see why town!whemestar would have been super likely to be amenable to oh my reasoning doesn't make any sense there when the differences in readslists do seem significant to me
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:51 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1384, jjh927 wrote: Town!Wheme would probably have disregarded it and be looking at something else though

For scum!Wheme right now his collection of Ranger related nonsense is all he has

but beyond just noting it whemestar did disregard it as far as i can tell only brought up again because you specifically asked about it
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:52 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1385, ina marija wrote: my past experience with whemestar is very limited and almost wholly inapplicable here unless third party is a jester variant and whemestar has rolled it

which i would say is very unlikely i do not think whemestar is a jester here based on my experience with whemestar
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:53 am

Post by jjh927 »

The readslist difference thing was a latter point I asked about, not the first and more important thing for the reaction
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:55 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1388, jjh927 wrote: The readslist difference thing was a latter point I asked about, not the first and more important thing for the reaction

i was talking about the bottom of the readslist thing there as that was your engaging point if i remember correctly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:56 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh right, you did mean that then. So you think that argument had merit?
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:59 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1390, jjh927 wrote: Oh right, you did mean that then. So you think that argument had merit?

no but i do not think whemestar was presenting it as if it did

like whemestar noted it and it felt like throw away thing to me

if whemestar later brought it up and was like, 'oh also this!' while presenting a scumread it would have been !!! to me

but whemestar only brought up again/dug in on whatever because you brought it up and that's much harder to weigh
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Sail »

In post 1288, osuka wrote:
In post 1237, Sail wrote:
In post 1141, NorwegianboyEE wrote: What do you guys think is more likely, knowing Osuka’s character and playstyle?
Taking a look at a few of osuka's previous games I definitely think that's an osuka!scum thing to do.
you can't read me
It's not that I think it's in your scum meta to do something like that, but based on your personality I could imagine scum!you doing that more than town!you.
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:09 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 1392, Sail wrote:
In post 1141, NorwegianboyEE wrote: What do you guys think is more likely, knowing Osuka’s character and playstyle?
Taking a look at a few of osuka's previous games I definitely think that's an osuka!scum thing to do.
you can't read me
It's not that I think it's in your scum meta to do something like that, but based on your personality I could imagine scum!you doing that more than town!you.

did you ever answer guiltylion question about which osuka games you looked at and what specifically you took from them
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Sail »

In post 1393, ina marija wrote:
In post 1392, Sail wrote:
you can't read me

did you ever answer guiltylion question about which osuka games you looked at and what specifically you took from them
No, I just saw that osuka replied to me in a notification and I clicked on it, responded, and now I'm reading.
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Sail »

In post 1241, GuiltyLion wrote:
which games did you look at?
Divide and Conquer, Fire and More Fire, (towngames) and a random large normal from 2 years ago (scumgames)

I didn't intent to obtain a metaread, I was more trying to get a general feel for his personality.
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Sail »

In post 1249, GuiltyLion wrote: Or for another example - in regard to osuka, they've positioned a few times with reasons to suspect him (700, 1117) but there's no vote accompanying either of these callouts. I would normally want/expect town to vote osuka there
In I was voting Norwee, in I was catching up and I usually don't like to vote while I'm in the process of catching up.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:50 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Caveat, I have not yet read the surrounding conversation and I'm sure it will make sense later, but my first impression is that jjh putting Ari at the top of his town readslist is particularly edgy and doesn't seem that town-motivated.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:20 am

Post by jjh927 »

Edgy how?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

As a general rule, it is better to ask about things you don't get rather than just pointing it out and saying you don't understand as though your lack of understanding makes it scum indicative.

If it helps in this particular case, the first thing that got me with Ari was when she said I was like the lead character of a bad detective novel. That is basically exactly what I was doing and what I generally do when I am pushing someone like that on day 1. I felt very called out. Channeling that kind of persona ups the pressure because of how unreasonable it is. I don't think that scum!Ari, observing a player behaving as such, decides to add more fuel to the fire with a line like that, given the likely reaction. Reality is that I respected it a lot. I suppose the comment was possibly inspired by my avatar, but at any rate it was around that point in time that to me, Ari's town thought process was transparently visible

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”