atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:29 am

Post by atakdog »

hewitt wrote:My bad, I didn't make myself very clear in that post upon rereading it. What I meant was I'm pretty sure out of everybody in this game right now that atakdog is town...which is like 2% sure. Which is about 1-2% higher than everybody else lol. I guess what I meant was right now, atakdog is clear in my books, I see him as the most pro-town out of everybody in the forum. Pretty high as well is The Fonz, yourself actually, and possibly zhaorx. Then again, I have no idea yet, it's way too early.
He was trying to warn you; you should listen. His perception, having played with me a lot, is that I could and would do and say exactly what I've done so far, as scum or town. He's pretty close to right -- as I said, you should listen.

What you can know with pretty high certainty is that Matrix and I are very rarely scum together here -- his "mistake" which as Z points out, may not even have been one -- is something he could easily have gotten away with had I not hammered on it. I am certainly not above busing scum, but I rarely do so day one and I'd be strongly disinclined to do it to an experienced partner, or in a game with unknown power roles.

At this point the wolfiest sounding player (keep in mind that I can really only read tone for players I have played with before) is Hitch -- Hitch is my best werewolf/mafia bud, but he's been over the top about following me, and then his attempt to hookup with the fonz concerned me as well. IMO he'd be a lousy lynch today, but y'all have to realize when reading us foreigners that often we sound more townie as scum than as town.

In other news, the development of the Matrix wagon is interesting: my initial argument was that a local would be expected to gun for omg while an experienced POGger would not, but now he;'s getting a lot more pressure from locals for his "anti-town" behavior. This is odd because his behavior started with a desire to lynch the lying claimant, which y'all wanted to do anyway. The vanilla town claim is far less harmful than (in general) the mason claim (particularly because it's trivially easy to make and fake), so it's notable that the wagon on him is overtaking that on omg.

Doesn't clear him, but if he turns up town it will be worth looking back at how the flow went.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:32 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

ScottHoward wrote:all, playing shorthanded while we wait for subs is uber retarted
for all we know, the people needing subs could all be wolves (unlikely they are ALL wolves, but you get the idea) and we are stroking each each other off
i need a sub
have fun
We've got like 20 people in this game and a handful of replacements (5?). At any given time in a large game, you're going to have five people lurking or not contributing much.

Stop making excuses and play mafia.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:46 am

Post by well-named »

M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:thats reasonable i guess,

but wrong in this case
This guy is a townie. 100% no risk. It's the first sentence. Also, he voted strangercoug right after a post that made me think hmm that's kind of wofly.

Also I refuse to stop using wofly for wolfy/mafialy/scummy/evil because it's awesome.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:59 am

Post by atakdog »

well-named wrote:
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:thats reasonable i guess,

but wrong in this case
This guy is a townie. 100% no risk. It's the first sentence. Also, he voted strangercoug right after a post that made me think hmm that's kind of wofly.

Also I refuse to stop using wofly for wolfy/mafialy/scummy/evil because it's awesome.
When in Rome. Also, history is not on your side: the original game was mafia, not werewolf, the latter of which was not very popular before the movie
Cry Wolf

I'm trying to adapt my lexicon; you ought to, too. Slipping is understandable; refusal is not cool. (I do agree that "wolf" and its derivatives are good terms; village=town, so no biggie; I'd be perfectly happy to say mafia, but I find the devolvement to "scum" awkward and not particularly aesthetic, but so it does.)

Your clearing of m1ke is too quick, though I agree with your conclusion.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

atakdog wrote:I'd be perfectly happy to say mafia, but I find the devolvement to "scum" awkward and not particularly aesthetic, but so it does.
Scum is the catch-all term for any anti-town faction, be that Mafia, werewolves, whatever (whether the serial killer counts or not varies, though).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:05 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
atakdog wrote:I'd be perfectly happy to say mafia, but I find the devolvement to "scum" awkward and not particularly aesthetic, but so it does.
Scum is the catch-all term for any anti-town faction, be that Mafia, werewolves, whatever (whether the serial killer counts or not varies, though).
That does make sense. Another difference between the sites is taht we more often run what we call "vanilla" games, in which the only roles are town, mafia, and cop (And numbers are known initially).

I can live with "scum"; would prefer "evil".
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:05 am

Post by well-named »

Rome is the newbie area, we're in New York imo ;)

More tentative reads:

zhaorx/stef (stef is getting replaced) town/town. Stef mostly just because I think blowing up and leaving is an activity that's weighted towards townsfolk over scum somewhat substantially, and zhaorx because I think given the premise behind his coming over here to play, he is more likely to be over-the-top as a pro-town role.

Also, FWIW I like WIFOM as an acronym. Don't know whether I like Fonz yet though.
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 am

Post by well-named »

I won't be attempting to read atakdog this game. I'll probably just kill him at night.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

well-named wrote:Rome is the newbie area, we're in New York imo ;)

More tentative reads:

zhaorx/stef (stef is getting replaced) town/town. Stef mostly just because I think blowing up and leaving is an activity that's weighted towards townsfolk over scum somewhat substantially, and zhaorx because I think given the premise behind his coming over here to play, he is more likely to be over-the-top as a pro-town role.

Also, FWIW I like WIFOM as an acronym. Don't know whether I like Fonz yet though.
I've used "WIFOM" on twoplustwo and no one has asked about it. I assumed everyone knew what it meant even though poggers usually just refer to levels and levelling.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I agree with atak that Hitch is wolfy. I also think we can clear him if Hitch comes up wolf because he wouldn't bus a wolf on day 1 like that.

vote Hitch
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:42 am

Post by well-named »

I didn't really think anything Hitch did was all that wolfy.

Also, I just realized I'm voting omg from my predecessor. This will not do.

Unvote

Not really sure whether I want to lynch matrix or not, and if not, who else. I don't really have any great scum leans on anyone yet.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:17 am

Post by ScottHoward »

blah, ok whatever
i realize that if i were to quit, id be almost as bad as the babies who quit because 2p2ers post too much and use unbelievably offensive terms like "retart".
so, im still in unless dark already found a replacement for me,which i seriously seriously seriously doubt.
however, i will not sit around glued to the computer and play 30 days to finish day 1.
i will be adopting the mafiascum style of play. i may or may not post again today. i may or may not post again in a week. i may not post again for the rest of this "day".

and, whoever commented on the 1-1-1 record for this open style, thats because the style of play here causes the games to become random. i was talking to another pogger when i said the village should walk with this, assuming the 2p2 style would control the game, not expecting the mafiascum players to cry about it to get their way.

im pretty sure ive voted already, im not changing it for the rest of this "day"
see you in a couple hours, or weeks, whatever.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:18 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

well-named wrote:I won't be attempting to read atakdog this game. I'll probably just kill him at night.
Congratulations, you just soft-claimed a killing role.
FoS: well-named

Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

lol
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

My "lol" was in response to Scott Howard's post, but it's appplicable to SC's post too.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:21 am

Post by ScottHoward »

oh, wellnamed (or whoever has nk power), if you do have nk powers, i suggest killing off the people who quit and are awaiting replacement and then the remaining mafiascum players starting with the players with the lowest posts so far.
this will save my sanity.
thanks in advance
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:24 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
well-named wrote:I won't be attempting to read atakdog this game. I'll probably just kill him at night.
Congratulations, you just soft-claimed a killing role.
FoS: well-named
Think. Please.

You guys lynch people for saying things that no sane villager would say and mean -- but no sane wolf would say and mean them either. Doing the calculations you get a div zero error.

Please -- I'm trying to fit in somewhat. I'm not claiming anything. I'm trying to hear what you're saying. But if you want to win at mafia, werewolf, or whatever you choose to call it, you have to move beyond this kind of rigid, exploitable thinking.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 am

Post by atakdog »

^^^ Sorry. "No sane townie" and "no sane scum". I apologize.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:27 am

Post by ScottHoward »

atak, this is how they want us to play the game:
day 1:
everybody joke vote until all the planets align and a majority is luckboxed.
if 2p2ers werent here, this is exactly what would happen.
the moment zhaorx started getting the action going, they all shit their pants
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

We actually use logic on Day 1, ScottHoward.

Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

StrangerCoug wrote:We actually use logic on Day 1, ScottHoward.
Explain the logic behind your FOS of well named.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:31 am

Post by ScottHoward »

atak, youre thinking > level 0. please stop and revert to staring out your window at butterflies immediately
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:34 am

Post by ScottHoward »

let me know when it happens, im curious to see what you call logic
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 am

Post by ScottHoward »

i dont think you guys are going to like playing with me the rest of this game
just sayin
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sun Tzu wrote:
Explain the logic behind your FOS of well named.
The only way for him to be town being truthful is for him to be a vigilante. Other than the obvious Mafia, we know an SK exists, but not a vig at this point.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”