DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3408, Aureal wrote:
In post 3384, Ircher wrote: You should unvote.
UNVOTE:
Fine, I'll let people take responsibility for their own miselimination vote. But it should not have ever come to this point.

I cannot herd 12 other townies to victory when they are determined to not pay attention.

Like, right now we've got Koba sitting here acting like Meuh will get great power by inheriting my role. This is an obviously untrue position to take as Meuh will have zero recruits and thus zero power, but everyone just sits here in THIS IS FINE mode. Like they have been the entire game while Bingle and Koba constantly spin everything I do as scum, ignoring every rebuttal I make, and just pivoting back to make whichever argument works best for them at the moment as if none of the previous arguments ever happened. And you guys, especially DE, just eat it all up.

Seriously, the guy went "Aureal's question makes a good point and OH MY GOD SHE ACTUALLY THINKS KOBA SHOULD ANSWER THE QUESTION INSTEAD OF JUST ATTACKING HER?!? SCUM!!!!!" It's fucking insane. If DE is actually town here, Koba has him deeply pocketed- saying that DE is "one of the few people who are game state aware" is so ridiculous I'm not sure whether it's scum trying to boost a partner's credibility or scum giving a headpat to the townie who's so deep in their pocket that he's become an attack dog for them.

But sure, let's just go on NOT THINKING about why Koba suddenly decided, appropos of nothing, to start shitpushing me again, when there are so many others doing so much less. Was it the deadline imposition forcing them to take a miselimination back up now rather than risk the wagon on a buddy going through? Was it Bingle telling DE that I would be a good investigation target, risking my slot getting cleared when they want it dead and thought town would do it for them? Who knows? Not this town, because we're not gonna think about it! Not even after you flip me town and know that Koba arbitrarily decided to come up with something to get pissy about to start pushing a townie's wagon while Cook was the lead wagon, are you gonna think about it.

I don't have to look at this game again this phase so I'm just gonnaVOTE: Cook like I promised so long ago, and leave the rest of you to fuck things up however much you feel like. Maybe I'll actually be able to just stop looking at this trainwreck, hoping against hope that this time when I see new posts, it will be from people who actually seem to reside in the same reality as me, instead of people screaming at me for trying to say anything useful.

But probably I won't.
Tldr : melding over being held accountable for focusing on their role doing things rather than playing mafia
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

Malding*
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

oh and another 72 hours are added to the deadline for Yimmy to catch up!!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

Aureal will complain about anything instead of offer actual gameplay that they are proven to be capable as town
retired
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 3396, Meuh wrote: There are less than 36 hours left, if you wanted Cook as a vote, you had a month to do it
cook has been
a pretty constant wagon throughout the day
and is i think the only other viable option for an elimination besides aureal

in fact cook has gotten up to e-2 i think as well
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
retired
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

not currently but earlier in the day
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

Lol I'm sorry but if you're town and still buy aureal as towny atp, you got a major lesson to learn, and hopefully it happens mid game and not post game when you lose to a trust based role that's overtly being used scummily
retired
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i am no longer sure aureal is town but
i do think that i would rather have cook as the elim today
alter of rautherdir
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

This shit is beyond obvious and if you're clinging onto aureals temper tantrums and shiny mech promises then damn
Gullible is written on the ceiling and I got a bridge to sell you
retired
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

cook has been pretty bad as well in their response to getting wagoned

like really please stop pushing that it is one or the other
both are an option
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

we have more then just day 1 to elim people with
alter of rautherdir
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:26 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3430, DkKoba wrote: Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
Why assume that it's fearmongering instead of asking anyone else who has gotten the role PM? Like you obviously want Aureal out but you keep interpreting things in the least charitable way for Aureal and it's getting annoying.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:27 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

The fact that Klick got a replacement between when I proposed the Klick wagon and got around to voting for it is kind of funny.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:36 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

So.
I wanna post my thoughts.
But my thoughts fucking suck.
Fine, I'll post them anyway and let's see how quickly I turn from scum's top townread to bottom read. Assuming that I'm actually right.

Basically, I feel like I'm fucking pocketed this game (I said this already two days ago but then I got busy irl and didn't continue elaborating). Now let me explain WHY I think I've been pocketed.

So first, I just read Aureal's (and this is the only one I read and I only read it accidentally due to preview mode). And I don't think this post comes from sucmreal (that's a portmanteau of Aureal and scum btw). It feels too desperate. So who's pushing this town wagon? Possibly town but probably scum. Will get to this later.

Second thing, at some point earlier I've read by Meuh. (Maybe this is a good time to mention that I am writing this in reverse chronological order for some really weird reason. I guess the more recent things are more relevant and go on top? And the earlier things are more in depth so it would be weird to put them earlier). So anyway I read that post and up until then I scumread Meuh. And while I read it I was actually shocked that I liked this post. But then I realized that it was
too
much to my liking and that it was possibly designed to pocket me. Especially because for some fkin weird reason I'm put there as the top townread when I only had 2 really NAI posts in that page, and also because Meuh was all like "yeah I'll do what you asked Dragon, but I actually have no freaking clue what's the purpose of it but I did it anyway" which doesn't sound very genuine. And this made me freaking realize that I've been quite gullible this game.

Third thing, and most importantly, I feel something is really off about the vibes of this thread (I also said this a few days ago and said I'll organize my thoughts and then didn't elaborate because I'm REALLY busy irl and can't think straight). Like I will refer you to another game I've played, Weird Dreams Mafia I. You don't have to read all game, just these two posts: 1, 2. In that game, the main discussion was dominated by obvtowns,
and it was felt
. Scum actually and factually had no presence, and the leading wagons at the end of D1 and D2 (both of which were cut short unfortunately) were scum. On the other hand, there are games like Demon Slayer and Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie (unfortunately I cannot link to specific posts here) where the game thread was dominated by scum (either due to hyperposting or just having very strong posts and thread presence). And in my opinion, and this is not something I can explain except by saying "every nerve of my body is screaming this" / "it's a gut feeling" / "it's just intuition", I just feel like this game thread has the same vibes. I.E., it feels like THIS GAME is also dominated by scum. And I have this foreboding feeling that we're going to miseliminate today, and that then on Day 2 we will also miseliminate and that scum would win with 0/1 scum eliminated. btw if I die tonight then this is pretty much confirmation of this feeling, but this doesn't imply a particular player is necessarily scum or not.

So, to the big question. Who do I think is scum?
Good fucking question. Let me start by explaining what made me townread the players who are pocketing!scum candidates, and then I'll go into why the may be scum.
Ranger - I townread her early because I just felt comfortable being pocketed by her, that's all. Later I think I townread her for good pushes, now I'm feeling slightly doubtful because the claim thing (the "crumbing" of their role) doesn't really make sense to me. Also I have this feeling that if they are scum they basically never get eliminated and they can chain lim several townies (which would be hypothetically Cook, then Aureal, then Koba or a compromise lim). However they acted in a very un-opportunistic manner so idk if they are really scum. AAAAAAAHHHHHH this is tough.
Koba - I townread them for their vibes, for agreeing with me regarding StD and AniX early on, and probably for more things (I forgot because it HAS been a freaking month). But I always had this feeling like they may just be a very good scum. I honestly don't think a lot of scum doing this thing of fervently defending their partner (Hypothetically, Cook) even when said partner is at like E-2 for
ages
. BUT I have not played successfully against powerwolfing before (and I think powerwolfing scum WOULD do that), and apparently (I have not checked Koba's past games at all) Koba is a good and experienced player who might be quite good at powerwolfing. Ranger, Bingle, StD and maybe Ofrhz/Meuh (the ones I think are old timers sort of), do you have any idea if Koba is good at powerwolfing?
Meuh - I think it's obvious why I was scumreading them, and I already explained why they pcoketed me, but I'm still having doubts on this slot.
Ircher - this is not a pocket but basically I lockscummed him early and now he managed to get above null in my tierlist of reads just because he explained his case against Cook and why he thought AniX was town. Now they were very good explanations but I am freaking paranoid so IDK.
Ofrhz - I super townread insta townlocked the slot for having reads extremely similar to mine and basically having a mindmeld, but then I noticed some reads which felt slightly off, and they give me the same vibe I got from TSQ in Team Mafia - basically a "town-siding wolf" who plays in a disassociated manner from the rest of the wolfpack and counters their arguments. Fuck my life why do I suspect every single person here. I'm waaaay too paranoid.

People I'm certain are town include:
Political Clout
CCS
Myself
Maybe Ofrhz even though I just mentioned them of being scummy (but only if we flip scum today. Don't question this. It's a gut/intuition thing)

People who are scummy but might be town:
A lot of other people tbh. fml, I signed up to have a nice whimsical role that is super weird and have chill dayplay, not to get a direct flight to PARANOIA TOWN, USA. I don't even live in the USA.

Also, fuck it. I'll just vote Cook and then vote Ranger (and NOT Ircher/Aureal like scum!Ranger and scum!Koba want us to believe) if Cook is town.

Pedit: maybe it's a good idea to catchup first before I vote.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3437, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3430, DkKoba wrote: Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
Why assume that it's fearmongering instead of asking anyone else who has gotten the role PM? Like you obviously want Aureal out but you keep interpreting things in the least charitable way for Aureal and it's getting annoying.
You'd know if you weren't busy misrepresenting my arguments (:

If it's too good to be true its probably not true, but ur probably mafia with aureal anyways and that's why you default to defending it in this way like aureal has been peddling it.
retired
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3427, xyzzy wrote:
oh and another 72 hours are added to the deadline for Yimmy to catch up!!
Are you kidding me?
Why did I spend the last hour agonizing about voting a slot I feel might flip town and writing this fucking post if we get an extension.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also, hi Yimmy. You town here?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:38 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

YES FINALLY

VOTE: Yimmy

feel bad for the slot though :(
master at being scum(my)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:40 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Quoting random posts because I sincerely have got no clue where I left off reading part 1:
In post 3325, Ranger wrote:
In post 3307, DkKoba wrote:Ircher and aureal are 2 of the most obvious scum in the game right now but your ego wants it to be cook bc wahhh I cant be wrong I have to be right on this thing I pushed so long.
Cook and Meuh are 2 of the most obvious scum in the game right now, but your ego wants it to be Ircher(who is in his town meta, painfully so) or Aureal, because wahhh I can’t be wrong I have to be right on this thing I pushed so long.
tbh this is not TvS i'm 90% sure of that.
So either Ranger and Koba are both like the most expert powerwolves that existed or I'm really paranoid and they are town.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:41 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

@PC, CCS, please unvote.
I don't think voting Aureal is good here.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

Dragoneater, does flipping your read because "muh paranoia" sound logical or something that actually works for you? Asking because this isn't the first time someone has suspected me just because "what if they're playing a really good scumgame!!!!!!!"
Wont even give me my preferred flip which has been backed up with evidence of the other persons play in this game

Loud and wanting to lead are not scum traits and people need to get that through their heads lmao
retired
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:42 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3346, ofrhz wrote: I don't think Aureal and Cook feel much like SvS

Even if you think they are, you should probably want Cook limmed first? Aureal isn't even bothering to vote Cook. She's the less survivalistic one of the two
Okay Ofrhz is town again
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3445, DragonEater70 wrote: @PC, CCS, please unvote.
I don't think voting Aureal is good here.
How about we flip them, if they flip town, we can talk tomorrow?

Reminding you I'm the only one with a presented worldview that includes multiple scenarios and not just a couple reads

Aureals "reads" are agenda based on who is trusting her role and maybe if you took your head out of your paranoia and shiny mech syndrome you'd see
retired
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:46 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3349, AniX wrote:
In post 3335, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 3132, AniX wrote:
In post 3128, DragonEater70 wrote: AniX, how many players are currently supporting no lim except you?
Your arguments are always so weirdly blind to the ebb and flow of the game I rarely know if I should waste my time responding to them.
Well there goes my desire to read and respond to your case against me

But I'll do it anyway cause I promised to.
I just mean that the question has no relevance to any argument or any position the town should or could take. It is literally "If no lim is theoretically good and people would theoretically support it, why is nobody specifically supporting it right now at this exact second"
No. I was saying that I don't think the "No Lim Movement" was really a movement and it certainly wouldn't have been enough of a force to "distract people from pressuring dragon".
Especially because the people it supposedly distracted are in fact not "distracted" from pressuring either Aureal or Cook.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”