Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

you know what

i will paraphrase the amway info i got when i get back to a computer
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:10 am

Post by ofrhz »

What's the VC? I'll vote either cook or yimmy
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:12 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 2979, ofrhz wrote:
Spoiler: Amway summary

Aureal's Amway role:

1. Use a sales pitch to create a hood. Up to two neighborhoods a day can be created. (, )
Specifically, the process to open a hood is:
  • quote someone to target them
  • write a sales pitch phrase in the post
  • if they respond, a hood is created. ()
**note: the sales pitch does not have to be in the game thread. So scum can give each other Amway amongst themselves** (, )

2. In the hood, the recruiter can bring the hooded person into the MLM and the recruitee would get a copy of all Amway abilities, including ability to hood and recruit people (Aureal - )

3. Once recruited into Amway, original night actions can't be used unless you leave Amway, which costs the leaver's vote the next day. Day actions, passive attributes, and roles are otherwise retained. ()

4. People in Amway can continue to recruit after Aureal is dead, and dead Amway still count towards number of recruits ()

5. xyzzy will answer whether there's enough recruits to perform an action. The # of recruits is determined at the start of night ()

Abilities unlocked:
(an ability can be used once a night - Aureal )

Recruit 1 to send a message
3 to neighborhood
6 to roleblock and open a neighborhood and autorecruit (same target)
10 to vig and recruit -
is this the same target
?

* Neighborhood creation/recruitment should fail if targeting another Amway (, ). This could be used to detect unknown Amway if scum secretly Amway themselves .

List of hoods and recruits:

1. Aureal hooded Anix (per ), who hasn't accepted recruitment
2. Aureal hooded KatyKimFanClub, who accepted recruitment (, rationale is in )
3. KatyKimFanClub hooded Theta Alpine, who accepted recruitment (, )
4. KatyKimFanClub hooded Ircher, who hasn't accepted recruitment (, , )
5. Theta Alpine tried to hood Skygazer, who accepted recruitment (, )
6. Theta Alpine hooded Bingle, who accepted recruitment into Amway (but recruitment should fail due to Bingle's role) (, )
7. Bingle pitched to DragonEater70 to demonstrate that he can't hood others (? or maybe ?)
8. Skygazer will recruit Ircher
9. Ircher will recruit Save the Dragons

* some of the linked posts should have recruitment phrases

Special interactions:

Bingle - can't recruit anyone else to Amway, can be neighborized, can accept recruitment to Amway but probably doesn't count as a recruit in terms of total recruit numbers (Aureal - )
Theta Alpine - with the desperate modifier, she can use neighborhood ability like a cop check
This is aureals role
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Cook »

In post 3526, ofrhz wrote: What's the VC? I'll vote either cook or yimmy
its mostly wagon on me right now
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:17 am

Post by ofrhz »

Several people moved off to vote yimmy

Anyway let's yeet yimmy. We should have two copchecks if yimmy is scum. One person checks bingle bc he claimed bp, and the other should check aureal bc y'know kind of a hot topic
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Yimmy »

we decided that theta's desperate modifier still affects amway actions?
sorry i am super lost in the weeds of mech. this is horrible
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:30 am

Post by ofrhz »

It affects Amway night actions, not the recruitment actions
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Yimmy »

ok i believe you
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

okay yeah when i get back to computer has been complicated by car battery dying so uh yeah
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

the vig and recruit action are on the same target yes
but otherwise ofrhz has an accurate summary it looks like
alter of rautherdir
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

fine. i will consolidate on yimmy as it helps my worldview too as its in my "must be scum" pile and anyone flipping town in there at least prompts me to read more slots closer

VOTE: yimmy
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Meuh »

Sure VOTE: Yimmy E-something
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Yimmy »

in an act of blatant self-preservation i will post some of my catch-up notes before i have even finished catching up
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Yimmy »

DragonEater70
hard to see scum making this post
yeah this is way sincere
townpost
is hard to parse (in a towny way)
DkKoba
banger post
banger again
what? townpost though kinda
want to call this town, but probably just banger
would be weird if the post was just defending cook but actually there's an ircher push hiding inside of it which makes it make a lot more sense (like he's not just defending some guy)
yeah dkkoba is looking good
AniX
really want to know what's going on here (he's explained de. no lim is still weird)
seems like a lame way to plant themself on a vanity wagon. i think there's a case on aureal at least (he also kinda changes his argument once the cases are spelled out for him)
i think i can understand his dislike for cook and klick wagons but the dragon case is still bad
is kinda bad
p130 i don't like anix basically refusing to scumhunt but i can believe it (it's for a different reason than 3196 though. maybe i can't believe it)
Skygazer
why does that matter?
town?
Bingle
icky. might just not like his style
maybe agree with aureal that bingle is being a little obtuse
yeah (do't remember why i made this note. just didn't like the post i guess)
Aureal
bad post
absolutely bonkers of aureal to point to a post that's exclusively mech when pushed about having no reads. like only having mech-based reads is textbook scumplay
doesn't read sincere either (not sure why it'd be insincere. whatever)
okay i've decided this frustration isn't sincere
Cook
i like this post for some reason
camelCasedSnivy
don't like this post
why pacifizer snivy?
this feels fearmongery and not real
KatyKimFanClub
town?
p126 not sure scum responds like this to a rando scumread. doesn't feel natural either way
"unique is an indicator of fake" ????
is coherent but i don't agree

i don't want to compile anything into, like, a readslist until i've at least finished the 20 pages i committed to.
is why i am being pushed? i think it is lame mostly
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by Meuh »

I think most people have their own reasoning, my case on you has had a lot more negative than positive attention
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 3538, Yimmy wrote: 3165 this feels fearmongery and not real
im theorizing and either way we need to get rid of aureal so not a good point
master at being scum(my)
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Yimmy »

In post 3419, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3414, ofrhz wrote:
In post 3407, xyzzy wrote: mod notes: prodding KatyKimFanClub. replacing Klick — once a replacement is found, I will offer the replacement up to extend the current phase by up to 72 hours if it's a phase with a deadline. (in other words, if a replacement is found in the next 33 hours, day 1 could be extended, and if not, night 1 could be extended.)
lol we're going to have a week long night to wait for someone to replace into a doomed slot
We could just wagon Klick? I'm for it
ok now that you guys didn't have to wait a week for someone to replace into a "doomed slot (even though there was another lost at e-1)" can we stop going for the apathy lim. this is crazy

anyway really lost my tempo after the last post. just a few more notes
DragonEater70
is good again
Ranger
when did the implosion group become guaranteed?
DkKoba
good post ugh
KatyKimFanClub
this feels like a different thing than 3247 in, like, an actively misleading way

this is actually more coherent than meuh's case. still don't like it obviously
p111 bonkers that my wagon is in the same league as cooks or aureals. there's a case on aureal and ranger spends half the page explaining (pretty coherently) that cook isn't an apathy elimination. no way town decided jumping on the apathy wagon was the right move
i do not know how i ended up on p111. i got lost i guess

snivy's response is bad but probably isn't worth worrying about without a flip

idk meuh. people (mostly anix) asked for the klick/rn case, like, a dozen times and yours was the only one that popped up in the last 20 pages. like i found ofhrz's case and that's it.

anyway i do not feel like compiling my reads at all cause i've already been reading for like 3 hours. you will just have to guess. i feel like i should have an opinion on cook, but i don't right now. i will think about it more tomorrow

VOTE: aureal
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 3541, Yimmy wrote: idk meuh. people (mostly anix) asked for the klick/rn case, like, a dozen times and yours was the only one that popped up in the last 20 pages. like i found ofhrz's case and that's it.
I think that's more because no one's making cases than because my case was particularly compelling (the main case against Cook I see pop up is one that was made before I even replaced in)
VOTE: Aureal if this happens I would be happy
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 3456, DkKoba wrote: meuh do you think its natural how aureal outed that supposedly you wouldn't inherit recruits? like it felt like a false assertation at best and TMI of you being town and that you wouldnt inherit the roles and an agenda to keep themselves alive to do what they want with the role, which i pray doesnt autowin the game at this point for scum.
This is quite the stretch. I agree with ofrhz below.
In post 3462, ofrhz wrote:
In post 3430, DkKoba wrote: Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
You misread it. Meuh won't have any power but people like theta will keep their recruits
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 3425, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3408, Aureal wrote:
In post 3384, Ircher wrote: You should unvote.
UNVOTE:
Fine, I'll let people take responsibility for their own miselimination vote. But it should not have ever come to this point.

I cannot herd 12 other townies to victory when they are determined to not pay attention.

Like, right now we've got Koba sitting here acting like Meuh will get great power by inheriting my role. This is an obviously untrue position to take as Meuh will have zero recruits and thus zero power, but everyone just sits here in THIS IS FINE mode. Like they have been the entire game while Bingle and Koba constantly spin everything I do as scum, ignoring every rebuttal I make, and just pivoting back to make whichever argument works best for them at the moment as if none of the previous arguments ever happened. And you guys, especially DE, just eat it all up.

Seriously, the guy went "Aureal's question makes a good point and OH MY GOD SHE ACTUALLY THINKS KOBA SHOULD ANSWER THE QUESTION INSTEAD OF JUST ATTACKING HER?!? SCUM!!!!!" It's fucking insane. If DE is actually town here, Koba has him deeply pocketed- saying that DE is "one of the few people who are game state aware" is so ridiculous I'm not sure whether it's scum trying to boost a partner's credibility or scum giving a headpat to the townie who's so deep in their pocket that he's become an attack dog for them.

But sure, let's just go on NOT THINKING about why Koba suddenly decided, appropos of nothing, to start shitpushing me again, when there are so many others doing so much less. Was it the deadline imposition forcing them to take a miselimination back up now rather than risk the wagon on a buddy going through? Was it Bingle telling DE that I would be a good investigation target, risking my slot getting cleared when they want it dead and thought town would do it for them? Who knows? Not this town, because we're not gonna think about it! Not even after you flip me town and know that Koba arbitrarily decided to come up with something to get pissy about to start pushing a townie's wagon while Cook was the lead wagon, are you gonna think about it.

I don't have to look at this game again this phase so I'm just gonnaVOTE: Cook like I promised so long ago, and leave the rest of you to fuck things up however much you feel like. Maybe I'll actually be able to just stop looking at this trainwreck, hoping against hope that this time when I see new posts, it will be from people who actually seem to reside in the same reality as me, instead of people screaming at me for trying to say anything useful.

But probably I won't.
Tldr : melding over being held accountable for focusing on their role doing things rather than playing mafia
Honestly, it rang as more authentic than Cook's reaction to her wagon earlier.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 3429, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 3396, Meuh wrote: There are less than 36 hours left, if you wanted Cook as a vote, you had a month to do it
cook has been
a pretty constant wagon throughout the day
and is i think the only other viable option for an elimination besides aureal

in fact cook has gotten up to e-2 i think as well
Yes, and this is a good sign that it's probably one on scum. I'll give that Aureal's also been a pretty consistent wagon throughout the day too though.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh no. yimmy is plausibly town...

VOTE: aureal

anyways
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3521, Yimmy wrote: can someone point me to the massclaim pretty please? i feel like understanding aureal's claim and meuh's claim is important right now
viewtopic.php?p=13888939#p13888939 is a summary made but ofrhz of Aureal's claim

Meuh claimed eternal universal backup (they switch roles every time someone dies, not just the first time)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

made by ofrhz*
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3527, ofrhz wrote:
In post 2979, ofrhz wrote:
Spoiler: Amway summary

Aureal's Amway role:

1. Use a sales pitch to create a hood. Up to two neighborhoods a day can be created. (, )
Specifically, the process to open a hood is:
  • quote someone to target them
  • write a sales pitch phrase in the post
  • if they respond, a hood is created. ()
**note: the sales pitch does not have to be in the game thread. So scum can give each other Amway amongst themselves** (, )

2. In the hood, the recruiter can bring the hooded person into the MLM and the recruitee would get a copy of all Amway abilities, including ability to hood and recruit people (Aureal - )

3. Once recruited into Amway, original night actions can't be used unless you leave Amway, which costs the leaver's vote the next day. Day actions, passive attributes, and roles are otherwise retained. ()

4. People in Amway can continue to recruit after Aureal is dead, and dead Amway still count towards number of recruits ()

5. xyzzy will answer whether there's enough recruits to perform an action. The # of recruits is determined at the start of night ()

Abilities unlocked:
(an ability can be used once a night - Aureal )

Recruit 1 to send a message
3 to neighborhood
6 to roleblock and open a neighborhood and autorecruit (same target)
10 to vig and recruit -
is this the same target
?

* Neighborhood creation/recruitment should fail if targeting another Amway (, ). This could be used to detect unknown Amway if scum secretly Amway themselves .

List of hoods and recruits:

1. Aureal hooded Anix (per ), who hasn't accepted recruitment
2. Aureal hooded KatyKimFanClub, who accepted recruitment (, rationale is in )
3. KatyKimFanClub hooded Theta Alpine, who accepted recruitment (, )
4. KatyKimFanClub hooded Ircher, who hasn't accepted recruitment (, , )
5. Theta Alpine tried to hood Skygazer, who accepted recruitment (, )
6. Theta Alpine hooded Bingle, who accepted recruitment into Amway (but recruitment should fail due to Bingle's role) (, )
7. Bingle pitched to DragonEater70 to demonstrate that he can't hood others (? or maybe ?)
8. Skygazer will recruit Ircher
9. Ircher will recruit Save the Dragons

* some of the linked posts should have recruitment phrases

Special interactions:

Bingle - can't recruit anyone else to Amway, can be neighborized, can accept recruitment to Amway but probably doesn't count as a recruit in terms of total recruit numbers (Aureal - )
Theta Alpine - with the desperate modifier, she can use neighborhood ability like a cop check
This is aureals role
that's what happens when I don't read the most recent page

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”