ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:37 am

Post by ScottHoward »

ok, so what do we do now? this is awesome!!
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:We actually use logic on Day 1, ScottHoward.
Explain the logic behind your FOS of well named.
The only way for him to be town being truthful is for him to be a vigilante. Other than the obvious Mafia, we know an SK exists, but not a vig at this point.
Yeah, but where does the suspicion come in.

For it to be logical, you need to provide a reason to think he is more likely to be scum than rand().
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:39 am

Post by well-named »

Actually it's impossible for me to be telling the truth since I also claimed seer.

YOUR HEAD ASPLODE.

vote: strangercoug

I was actually just re-reading you anyway, and I like this vote. This especially:
Apparently, he knows our meta. Meta, however, is not an accurate indicator of alignment, and his #9 in isolation indicates that he wants us wagoned to a lynch.
And the whole conversation leading up to it seems very forced and scummy to me. (BTW, what's the best way to multi-quote?)

"Oh you got me, but uh, that's a non-role-indicative tell. That's the ticket!"
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 am

Post by ScottHoward »

again, if we remove all the 2p2 generated discussion, we would be sitting here watching paint dry. it boggles my mind that they actually enjoy this.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Specifically, Strangercoug, tell me what you think well-named's soft claim does to his chances of being:

a townie

mafia

the serial killer

a vigilante
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 am

Post by well-named »

Caveat:

This is going to become a referendum on whether policy lynching around rules like "lynch all liars" are valuable. I actually argued elsewhere that with a large unfamiliar player pool they might be, but I'm an ass and I decided to fps anyway. That said, I'm kind of in a flippant mood but please don't take it too personally. It's monday.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I was a little worried about well-named when he soft-defended Hitch (who is howling), but well-named looks town now.

By the way, I read both of them very well.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sun Tzu wrote:Specifically, Strangercoug, tell me what you think well-named's soft claim does to his chances of being:

a townie
Lower.
Sun Tzu wrote:mafia
Higher.
Sun Tzu wrote:the serial killer
Higher.
Sun Tzu wrote:a vigilante
Roughly the same odds since we don't know if a vig exists.

Again, I've been known to take a lot of things seriously. Each of us (defined as the MS regulars and the twoplustwo players) seem to think the other like to joke around a bit, though, so I may be in the wrong place to take every single post by the letter...
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:48 am

Post by ScottHoward »

strangecoug, if you take things so seriously, how can you possibly tolerate the game pace here at ms? its friggin jpke
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The game pace has no bearing on how serious I think everyone and everything in the game is, ScottHoward.

ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 am

Post by ScottHoward »

so, you think the people who post once a week are taking the game seriously?
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 am

Post by well-named »

I would suggest it's fruitless arguing about things like game pace. It is what it is. Arguing about policy lynching and whether me, matrix, omg, or whoever else may be scum should at least be useful in determining folks roles.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
The only way for him to be town being truthful is for him to be a vigilante. Other than the obvious Mafia, we know an SK exists, but not a vig at this point.
Again...
think
! Are your scum here so stupid that they actually admit to having night kills, day 1, for real? Only if they do does your oh-so-scary finger of suspicion mean anything.

Your entire method of scumhunting seems to consist of waiting for people to admit to being scum. Gotta tell ya: this doesn't work so well with competent players.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I'm in another game on this site where people are goofing around.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by ScottHoward »

Also,prepare to be amazed:
I just thought of the perfect solution to prevent me from going insane this game. I will be voting for whoever has the most votes! simple and brilliant all at once. This will accelerate the mind numbing pace we are being tortured with.
Sorry if this bothers anybody, I have some type of mental disorder that makes it such that I need to see substantial progress/action in my endeavors or I get impatient/agitated. (ldo)
Unvote: whoever I was voting

Vote: OMG
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:59 am

Post by ScottHoward »

atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
Again...
think
! Are your scum here so stupid that they actually admit to having night kills, day 1, for real? Only if they do does your oh-so-scary finger of suspicion mean anything.

Your entire method of scumhunting seems to consist of waiting for people to admit to being scum. Gotta tell ya: this doesn't work so well with competent players.
Like I said atak, if we weren’t here, they would still be joke voting for each other at this point. I think the best strategy for play on mafiascum is really to just get the day 1 lynch over asap, and then we can all start discussing the nightkill(s)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

atakdog wrote:Your entire method of scumhunting seems to consist of waiting for people to admit to being scum. Gotta tell ya: this doesn't work so well with competent players.
Actually, my confirm vote on omg_im_innocent_wtf is largely based on his holier than thou attitude and not explaining squat why he did what he did, which in combination is what I believe to be legitimately scummy.

Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

ScottHoward wrote:Like I said atak, if we weren’t here, they would still be joke voting for each other at this point. I think the best strategy for play on mafiascum is really to just get the day 1 lynch over asap, and then we can all start discussing the nightkill(s)
That's actually fairly accurate. I have been in games where the random-voting phase lasted for over a rl week.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:02 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote: Again, I've been known to take a lot of things seriously. Each of us (defined as the MS regulars and the twoplustwo players) seem to think the other like to joke around a bit, though, so I may be in the wrong place to take every single post by the letter...
No, I don't believe, based on what I've seen so far, you joke at all.

I also think you are confusing two disparate concepts: taking things seriously, and taking statements literally. Several people here can tell you, for example, that I take this game in its various manifestations far more seriously than any normal person ever should. (i spend hours per day at a single game, and have trouble controlling my distaste for people who operate on mental cruise control, for example.) However, I do not take things literally and at face value all the time, because I am aware that people actually do things like, oh, I don't know, lie maybe, in a game whose fundamental premise is dishonesty.

You might work on cultivating a little of that yourself -- I'll bet it would help you win more of these games you take so seriously.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP (missed the post):
ScottHoward wrote:so, you think the people who post once a week are taking the game seriously?
No, but that's not what you asked originally. Wven though games on here may be slower than you're used to, people do not post here once every single week. I may get worrisome, but you asked how I can tolerate the game pace given I take everything seriously, not if I can tolerate other people not doing so because of how long we take between post. The general rule is that you're prodded (reminded that you're playing) after 72 or 96 hours and replaced 48 hours or so afterward if you fail to respond.

ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:53 am

Post by ScottHoward »

is it still day 1?
lets go people, everybody vote OMG
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:58 am

Post by ScottHoward »

StrangerCoug wrote:
well-named wrote:I won't be attempting to read atakdog this game. I'll probably just kill him at night.
Congratulations, you just soft-claimed a killing role.
FoS: well-named
btw, i think its hilarious that strangecougar made this post as if wellnamed didnt know he claimed a role
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 am

Post by ScottHoward »

hey wellnamed:
if this day ever ends, im going to peek you, then protect you, and then shoot you.
so, tomorrow youll be alive and i will know your role.
then the next night i will peek you again, just to be sure, then shoot you. so youve got that going for you.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:15 am

Post by ScottHoward »

im not sure if thats a good plan for me though, cause then i lose my mason
fark
let me think this over
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

StrangerCoug, what was your role in that game we played before?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”