Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 696, Bell wrote: Because obviously you pivot around different people and choose where your focus is as one alignment over the other.
People don't play alignments the same as either alignment.
They never have.
I don't disagree with this but I don't really know what I would be doing as scum here because I would be informed and I would also have a buddy to play around

you asked me what I've done that I would only do as town, I don't know what the answer to that is. like I guess if I were scum and catboi is town I probably would be less willing to fake a scumread on him and fight it out if it felt like unnecessary attention? but the fact that I'm generally fearless in my towngame means I also have to be fearless in my scumgame, and I think scum!me would think that town!me would not be impressed with him here
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

uhhh, okay
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 696, Bell wrote: Choosing to be offended by Catboi,
choosing to provide an "olive branch"
I guess my other thought is that I don't really agree that these are 'choices' I've made
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by Bell »

They're definitely choices by any measure of the word.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 672, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 595, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 585, catboi wrote: I find it frustrating to be on the receiving end of this repeatedly.
this doesn't feel true given your prior two posts

like if you're actually frustrated is the first response really just "Lol"
objection: speculation about the defendant's state of mind.
do you think catboi seems frustrated?

he's stated that he is, but that's not the feeling I actually get from his posts. they feel crafted and manipulative to me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 703, Bell wrote: They're definitely choices by any measure of the word.
If someone says I'm being "harmful to town" that's gonna offend me no matter what

feelings aren't a choice, they're a reaction
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like Bell do you actually sit down and consciously choose to post everything you post and say everything you say

that's commendable restraint if so but I tend to just vomit stuff impulsively in the thread
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Bell »

That's because you've decided that if someone calls you harmful to the town you'll get upset.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

no, it's because I think that's a self-absorbed and dismissive thing to say
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Bell »

There are plenty of players that wouldn't get upset if they were told that. They would shrug it off, think it was a troll, examine it as a possible manipulation with a possible motivation.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok, I'm not those players? I've lost the plot on the point of this conversation unless you're claiming that something specifically in how I've reacted is scum indicative
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Bell »

So you've decided that you'll get upset if you perceive a rejection on a social level. Based on a category of insult Catboi lobbed at you that basically said you're a liability
and you got upset even though it wasn't true. Obviously. So what was the point of getting upset?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I didn't decide to get upset

either catboi is scum and he's trying to just discredit me and piss me off, in which case cool, mission accomplished I guess

or he's town and he
actually thinks
my play is anti-town, which is offensive on a different level because when I compare what I've been trying to do and what he's done I don't think someone can earnestly say they believe their play is better at either a) appearing town or b) catching scum. so if he's town he's basically just saying I'm bad at the game because I dared to suspect him for not taking any definite stances on anything and that's tilting that he can unironically believe that given the extent of whatever he's offered so far
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

the thing is if he's town then it
is
true that I'm playing badly in his mind, so it's insulting - and if he's scum he's intentionally wielding that to his advantage

I still don't follow your point here, are you saying I should just not care about trying to be good at the game and someone people enjoy playing with
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

is your point that I should just be more zen about being suggested as a policy vote
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

in context GL the last game Catboi played had players operating in these "silos" and they didn't bother to really work together and all thought they were "the shit" and it was an incredibly painful experience where he ended up losing as town so that's why he is annoyed at certain playstyles which could be heavyhanded etc.

Yes being more confident/forceful is useful as town in order to force issues, appear townie, and pull people to your side. Except if everyone does it and no1 listens to each other then you can have TvT conflicts make the game unplayable which is what he just experienced.

I don't think he meant to be offensive to you personally - he's just fed up with that playstyle.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Bell »

You decided to get upset you even have a little algorithm based on each reality that might be presented to you. It's alreday been worked out beforehand, you've probably even experienced the insult before and know which thoughts to take here.

obviously there's another option here: You don't take offense to it, because you're scum and it's hard to be actually upset at someone for them calling you anti-town, when you're being anti-town.
Well actually it's not. Especially if they don't really agree with which actions and so on an so forth blah blahblah.

I don't know why you wouln't put the 3rd option in there. I'd do it, but then again I'm an odd ball that actually looks at my perspective as scum, when I'm not scum.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:00 pm

In post 704, GuiltyLion wrote:
do you think catboi seems frustrated?

he's stated that he is, but that's not the feeling I actually get from his posts. they feel crafted and manipulative to me
he is frustrated but he'd be frustrated regardless of his alignment so it's not really relevant.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if it gets to a point where it's an unplayable conflict I'd be willing to back down or apologize and own my role in making things that way

I did not think this was anywhere close to that in this game, maybe that's my fault

I'm gonna take a break for a bit I don't think I am in a good mindset anymore, it feels like Bell is just shaming me I don't really understand what he's doing or trying to get at

might be back later tonight if/when I feel better regulated
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Bell »

Pooky why do you think Catboi is feeding into that sort of Bell is "the shit" as if there is a player that is silo'd naturally I am the absolute archetypical example. If he's recently had a bad experience due to that attitude, shouldn't he be all over me?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by Bell »

What, I'm not trying to shame you.
I'm trying to see what you're thinking. Because I'm scum hunting.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:04 pm

I don't think it's nearly that bad tbh I've gotten into some pretty nasty tvt fights with him in the past that are like way more intense than what went down so far.

I think it's just a game we play cuz we're bored and it's possibly fun sometimes - don't let it affect your mental too much and hope to see you back when you're in a better state.

I think catboi is in a more contemplative state of mind because he's thinking about how to change his approach to playing this game to make it fun for him again, so I am not really surprised he changed his style up to try to make it fun for him again.

I don't really have a read on him one way or the other but if I had to guess he'd be more likely town than not just because this style of play is pretty bad for thread control and also -ev.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:05 pm

In post 719, Bell wrote: Pooky why do you think Catboi is feeding into that sort of Bell is "the shit" as if there is a player that is silo'd naturally I am the absolute archetypical example. If he's recently had a bad experience due to that attitude, shouldn't he be all over me?
I don't think he's feeding you anything that might just be your ego talking big dawg.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

you're saying I chose to get upset and asking me what the point of it was

like I guess yes, if I took a deep breath and didn't let myself get riled up by another player claiming I shouldn't live because I'm harming the town, maybe I could have avoided getting frustrated.

I didn't do that, so here we are. what do you actually expect me to say in response to ?

I don't think I play the way that you do, I don't think of what scum!me would be doing at all. I think about what scum in other players positions would probably be doing, but my position is literally the only one that's resolved for me so I don't need to spend any time thinking about it other than trying to find the right means to correct other people when they're not seeing me accurately. but if someone I'm pushing is gonna turn around and advocate to policy me, my first thought isn't "what's my best choice in how to respond to this", I am not thinking at a higher order level like that
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Bell »

He literally posted a snoopy image with a crown on it.
he described our conversation on Sircakez as hilarious when it was funny at best.
He left his will to me and was like "When I die Bell, Take Dunnstrall and all my shit, you got this"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”