Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I feel pretty good about saying The Fonz is a townie.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Hitch »

The Fonz wrote:See my earlier treatment of the topic. A possible motive as scum is that people would react exactly as you have. I've done things like that before. I know a fair few that make a habit of it. It makes no sense as town, to me, and I always prioritise 'does it make sense as town?' over 'does it make sense as scum?' because
pretty much anything
makes sense as scum due to wifom.

My gut feeling on the issue is that OMG is just an erratic town player- it fits his MO perfectly. But then, my gut feeling is too lenient on liars, in general- they're scum more often than my instincts say. So I'm basically disregarding the claim entirely.
ok, I can lve with this.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:33 am

Post by hewitt »

Sun Tzu wrote:I feel pretty good about saying The Fonz is a townie.
My initial reaction was the same, but now I'm just hella confused on who to think is scum and who to think is not.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 am

Post by ScottHoward »

The Fonz wrote:
Read some previous games. There's no set thing, but they always seem to get out of the RVS somehow. Personally, I will generally random bandwagon for the hell of it, until someone either overreacts, or the wagon gets high enough that someone puts a player in genuine danger with a random vote. Or votes, and doesn't know why they're doing it. Or makes a strong pronouncement (like Zh did here) that they can't possibly back up.
Ok, let me preface this by saying that when I said this post was lol, I meant no disrespect to fonz (believe it or not), I just found it funny.
Secondly, im not going to go through all the points I wanted to, because it will just be a distraction.
I will only make one point:
“Or makes a strong pronouncement (like Zh did here) that they can't possibly back up.”
Z said the posts seemed forced to him. what more backup is needed? Z doesn’t have control over every players vote in the game. he can say whatever he wants. Its not like Z saying they were forced is going to brainwash people into voting for anybody. Amirite? And as far as backup goes, nothing in this or any other game can be “backed up” unless it is a direct distortion of fact, which comes into play very little as most of this game is interpretation. If Z feels the posts were forced, so be it.
Again, I wish I could discuss the other stuff, but it would be fruitless im afraid.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:14 am

Post by ScottHoward »

The Fonz wrote:No.
we cant talk about ww then
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

"Personally, I will generally random bandwagon for the hell of it, until someone either overreacts, or the wagon gets high enough that someone puts a player in genuine danger with a random vote."

Now you're advocating doing something superficially anti-town to see who overreacts.

I thought you were opposed to that philosophy.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by hewitt »

Yeah I don't exactly like that, seems to me like you're trying to make the town panic, which is not what we need.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Why do I feel like everybody here is on caffeine?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

i eat caffeine for breakfast
huge chunks of it
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Hitch »

how can you find player's post counts?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Hitch wrote:how can you find player's post counts?
Click their profile button.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

StrangerCoug wrote:Why do I feel like everybody here is on caffeine?
I'm snorting lines of blow off a hooker's ass.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by darkdude »

Vote Count for Day 1

There are 20 Alive, so 11 to Lynch

omg_im_innocent_wtf [6] (oEJo, StrangerCoug, SiestaGuru, omg_im_innocent_wtf, ScottHoward, zhaorx, )

matrix [3] (The Fonz, hewitt, The Central Scrutinizer, )
StrangerCoug [2] (Caboose, well-named, )
ScottHoward [1] (gusmahler, )
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE [1] (Mada, )
Sun Tzu [1] (Hitch, )
Hitch [1] (Sun Tzu, )
The Fonz [0] ()
well-named [0] ()
zhaorx [0] ()
The Central Scrutinizer [0] ()
Caboose [0] ()
Stef [0] ()
atakdog [0] ()
gusmahler [0] ()
SiestaGuru [0] ()
hewitt [0] ()
Wall-E [0] ()
oEJo [0] ()
Mada [0] ()

No Lynch [0] ()

Not Voting [5] (matrix, Wall-E, atakdog, Stef, M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE, )
Last edited by darkdude on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by hewitt »

Okay, just to re-iterate, I think it's a bad idea to lynch OMG because I don't get the vibe that he's scum.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by atakdog »

Vote count shows seven on omg, but it also lists him voting himself twice...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by darkdude »

Fixed.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by oEJo »

hewitt wrote:Okay, just to re-iterate, I think it's a bad idea to lynch OMG because I don't get the vibe that he's scum.
He's lying. About his role.

Does it makes sense as scum? No. Oh I guess we shouldn't lynch him then, since clearly he's NOT scum.

WAIT A MINUTE!

If we're NOT lynching him, and we have him "cleared" as town suddenly it... DOES make sense as scum?
Oh crap.

Vote:omg_im_innocent_wtf

Srsly. LAL. Just do it.
Just call me EJ.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by hewitt »

I didn't say it cleared him, he's still high on my radar I just don't think he's the right pick to lynch on D1 and that there are more scummy players.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by matrix »

Fonz:

You are voting me because I "claimed vanilla" and because of my "appeal to emotion"

couple of things.

i) I refer to my role in every game I ever play anwhere as "vanilla" regardless of what my actual role is. Usually I am vanilla (just like everyone else is there are more Townies than any other role in any game) but I don't see why this is anti-town. I've not actually claimed anything.

ii) omg claimed a Town role in clear and unambiguous language, made odd appeals here and there yet you still prefer to lynch me over omg?

Players a and b have both exhibited behavior x - but I know a is nuts, so I'll vote b cos he must be scummy... Is that a fair summation?

I think we are more likely to find scum d1 barring any major slipups from players who are both active in the thread, and "following the herd" and voting for whomever the present fad seems to be for, without sticking their necks out and/or providing any useful reasons for why their vote hapens to be where it is. jmo.

vote: The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

matrix wrote:Fonz:

You are voting me because I "claimed vanilla" and because of my "appeal to emotion"

couple of things.

i) I refer to my role in every game I ever play anwhere as "vanilla" regardless of what my actual role is. Usually I am vanilla (just like everyone else is there are more Townies than any other role in any game) but I don't see why this is anti-town. I've not actually claimed anything.

ii) omg claimed a Town role in clear and unambiguous language, made odd appeals here and there yet you still prefer to lynch me over omg?

Players a and b have both exhibited behavior x - but I know a is nuts, so I'll vote b cos he must be scummy... Is that a fair summation?

I think we are more likely to find scum d1 barring any major slipups from players who are both active in the thread, and "following the herd" and voting for whomever the present fad seems to be for, without sticking their necks out and/or providing any useful reasons for why their vote hapens to be where it is. jmo.

oh my god i suck?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
matrix wrote:Fonz:

couple of things.

oh my god i suck?
Well, I wouldnt put it that bluntly, but well yeh basicly. :P

Noone probably cares but fonz seems very towny to me, just thought I'd throw it out there. Im still not too sure where all the matrix voting is coming from though, in comparison to OMGs behaviour, matrixes seems way more towny to me. OMG is just rambling.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by matrix »

atakdog wrote:I'm not sure what effect if any the timed nature of nearly all our games (meaning most lynches do not go to majority) has.
Here's my 2c.

I am a poker player (like nearly all the posters @ 2p2) and the reason I started playing Werewolf there was to help sharpen my people reading skills.

I view this game as trying to get inside peoples heads - work out what their motivations are for posting theposts they make and thus discern what their roles are. It seems to me from the MS games I've read and the newbie game I played a while back that the pace (or lack of pace) here contributes greatly to the kind of slow ploddng careful thought out, logical deduction kind of gameplay.

The WW games on 2p2 have deadlines, you can put a lot more pressure onto people when the clock is ticking and people under pressure are more prone to make mistakes in things they post, the games their have evolved more towards "tone" and "feel" and less towards deduction and seem to have gone the other way here, thought hats not to say that all these things aren't important to all well rounded players of Mafia, I do think that it's partly because of time constraints. A Mafioso can spend plenty of time composing posts here to eliminate unwanted bias, under a clock - less so. When the lynch comes via a deadline you tend to get a bunch of active players reading/posting with an hour to go. Thats rarely going to happen in this kind of setup.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by matrix »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
oh my god i suck?
No eyed ear.

You do sound more scummy to me than everyone else in this town at the moment though, so I thought I'd make a vote.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by matrix »

Right now I am very confident Hewitt is Town

fairly confident: Atak is Town and Scott is Town.

I am getting scummy vibes from m1ke and CS, more so than I was earlier with CS's rapid one line response to my vote.

Everyone else is in the meh column.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:40 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

matrix wrote:Right now I am very confident Hewitt is Town

fairly confident: Atak is Town and Scott is Town.

I am getting scummy vibes from m1ke and CS, more so than I was earlier with CS's rapid one line response to my vote.

Everyone else is in the meh column.
Your scumhunting is breathtaking.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”