davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

I like Nono's new posts.
KittyTacky said some things that resonated, in particular about how it's a fallacy that only scum care how they look. Not enough for a real townread, will need to see some evidence of trying to sort.
Geraintm took a poke or two but didn't really follow up that I can tell. I'd be willing to go there.

I'm not sure about Leek's motivation in asking about the list in the first place. It seems kinda weak to go after unproductive people. Not enough for a scumread, but definitely worth watching.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 376, davesaz wrote: I like Nono's new posts.
KittyTacky said some things that resonated, in particular about how it's a fallacy that only scum care how they look. Not enough for a real townread, will need to see some evidence of trying to sort.
Geraintm took a poke or two but didn't really follow up that I can tell. I'd be willing to go there.

I'm not sure about Leek's motivation in asking about the list in the first place. It seems kinda weak to go after unproductive people. Not enough for a scumread, but definitely worth watching.
What do you like about nono's posts?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 373, Ame wrote:
In post 268, Ame wrote: I also agree with Blackstar that Drew's "why do you assume I scum read you" is weird. Bruh, you just implied in several post that she's maf lol.
Drew what's up with this??
A vote, especially very early D1, doesn't always mean you are scum.

I have played a million games with her, and while I can't read her the best a little pressure is always good to start things

Honestly probably wouldn't have voted her, but who I repped into did so I said 'fuck it let's run with it'
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 361, davesaz wrote:
In post 348, Abnegation wrote:
something does seem off with this post now that you mention it. the "if i had to pick one of my townleans to be a scumlean" phrasing is a bit weird. i know i've thought, "if i'm wrong on one of my townreads it's X," and, "i'm least confident in X being town," but this reads differently from that. the trying to make a townlean into a scumlean feels artificial.
I don't see what's the difference in these different ways to say the same thing. They all boil down to "I think x but if I'm wrong then it's Y". Maybe it's the engineer/programmer thing?
Do you know if you've used this phrasing before (as town)?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 378, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 373, Ame wrote:
In post 268, Ame wrote: I also agree with Blackstar that Drew's "why do you assume I scum read you" is weird. Bruh, you just implied in several post that she's maf lol.
Drew what's up with this??
A vote, especially very early D1, doesn't always mean you are scum.

I have played a million games with her, and while I can't read her the best a little pressure is always good to start things

Honestly probably wouldn't have voted her, but who I repped into did so I said 'fuck it let's run with it'
Ok but you said several times that you were happy she finally rolled scum, so why wouldn't she think you thought she was scum?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 374, Ame wrote:
In post 372, Doctor Drew wrote: I will say I kinda don't like the heat Dave is getting for that one post on Flavor. IIRC, and they even said as much, that is kinda how they post and I believe in years past I even thought it was scummy, seems pretty superficial tbh.
Which one?
On phone so trying not to search for it, but where they said Flavor could be town, scum, or his posting could just be NAI.

Pre Edit: Well there was some joking involved when I said that, but again......pressure(and i assumed she would get the joke).
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also for context, Adbeg has said that she has like 11 games in a row rolling town and she wants to roll scum so badly.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 375, Ame wrote: Doctor Drew
Nono
camelCasedSnivy

I think are the wolves.
That's a spicy list. Drew I could easily see, but cCS and Nono have been starting to redeem themselves. The game needs some fireworks though so by all means please elaborate. :D
pedit: nice, things are waking up a bit, 2nd post in a row I've had pop up with new activity
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Can you break down why my interaction with her seems so bad to you?

That literally reeks of 'Drew being Drew'

Pre Edit: Lol Dave, and keeps sniping me as well
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 384, Doctor Drew wrote: Can you break down why my interaction with her seems so bad to you?

*Ame not and lol
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 381, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 374, Ame wrote:
In post 372, Doctor Drew wrote: I will say I kinda don't like the heat Dave is getting for that one post on Flavor. IIRC, and they even said as much, that is kinda how they post and I believe in years past I even thought it was scummy, seems pretty superficial tbh.
Which one?
On phone so trying not to search for it, but where they said Flavor could be town, scum, or his posting could just be NAI.

Pre Edit: Well there was some joking involved when I said that, but again......pressure(and i assumed she would get the joke).
He's not getting any heat for that? Hu called that out like 17 years ago.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 372, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 351, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 341, SzmarzLeek wrote: also, regarding page 13

there we could witness a discussion between two people, Drew and Leaf

once I played in a game where the scumpair got an idea that during d1 they'll hold a big, whole page conversation, not really a meaningful exchange, just enough appear quite active and to "not hurt reach other" too much

I got such vibes from page 13

a matter to observe

especially since I don't really know what conclusions arised from that Drew/Leaf discussion, seemed like a banter and nobody even commented on it
This feels like a secondary reason that Drew wanted to have that conversation with me and another supplementary reason as to why I backed away from it
Actually any secondary or tertiary reason for wanting to engage with you was to try to get others to comment on Flavor Leaf, not your choice of memeing on D1 here.

Hasn't really gone how I thought, and now I realize I need to listen to my own advice from Utopia and not try to sort you on D1, and it let you organically speak town or scum to me. Though I will say that I don't think you are approaching me in good faith, but you will show more of a scummy side if my gut ping is correct.

I will say I kinda don't like the heat Dave is getting for that one post on Flavor. IIRC, and they even said as much, that is kinda how they post and I believe in years past I even thought it was scummy, seems pretty superficial tbh.
Also, selfishly I enjoy a good tussle and I know Leaf loves the beef as well. We seem to vibe well so thought we could have some fun going back and forth.

And use it as a way to sink my teeth into this game.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Ame »

Unless you mean my thing about it where he says he can't talk about one of the options, which just negates the idea behind not talking about it because it brings attention to it.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Ame »

Nono
camelCasedSnivy

I think are the wolves.
Actually maybe Daves instead of Drew
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 383, davesaz wrote:
Nono
camelCasedSnivy

I think are the wolves.
That's a spicy list. Drew I could easily see, but cCS and Nono have been starting to redeem themselves. The game needs some fireworks though so by all means please elaborate. :D
pedit: nice, things are waking up a bit, 2nd post in a row I've had pop up with new activity
I don't like the cCS is holding onto a stale read. He voted Klaz for X, Klaz's play around X has developed since then, but cCS hasn't updated his read around it. It reads to me more as someone who needs to elim someone more so than someone who is trying to solve.

There isn't anything good in Nono's posts so far. There's no reasoning behind their Hu push (that I can follow at least). But really it's just the eyes glazing over bit that pinged me because I found the game really easy to read and get into upon coming in, and I'm a
super
slow reader.

Also there's a bit of PoE because I think BlackStar, Hu Tao, Abnegation, KittyTacky, SzmarzLeek, Flavor Leaf, and Klazam are all town.

geraintm is neutral

You and drew are peculiar. I think just one in the two of you is scum though.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 384, Doctor Drew wrote: Can you break down why my interaction with her seems so bad to you?

I don't think it's bad, just weird. It's like you forgot in the middle of your conversation that you were calling her scum, which actually might be townie thinking about it
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 390, Ame wrote: There isn't anything good in Nono's posts so far. There's no reasoning behind their Hu push (that I can follow at least). But really it's just the eyes glazing over bit that pinged me because I found the game really easy to read and get into upon coming in, and I'm a
super
slow reader.
Eh, maybe my bar's just set too low after seeing nothing before that.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 391, Ame wrote:

I don't think it's bad, just weird. It's like you forgot in the middle of your conversation that you were calling her scum, which actually might be townie thinking about it
No, I know what I said. And like I said, we have played a million games together and used the vote on her when I repped in as a chance to push her in a different way then I have before(if memory serves me correct).
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

i have a bad tendency to hold on to early reads

you can use normal idea mafia as an example if you want

klazam hasnt done anything particularly towny either but maybe someone can sell me another wagon
master at being scum(my)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 390, Ame wrote:
Nono
camelCasedSnivy

I think are the wolves.
I don't like the cCS is holding onto a stale read. He voted Klaz for X, Klaz's play around X has developed since then, but cCS hasn't updated his read around it. It reads to me more as someone who needs to elim someone more so than someone who is trying to solve.

There isn't anything good in Nono's posts so far. There's no reasoning behind their Hu push (that I can follow at least). But really it's just the eyes glazing over bit that pinged me because I found the game really easy to read and get into upon coming in, and I'm a
super
slow reader.

Also there's a bit of PoE because I think BlackStar, Hu Tao, Abnegation, KittyTacky, SzmarzLeek, Flavor Leaf, and Klazam are all town.

geraintm is neutral

That is a very meaty town list this early in the game.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 395, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 390, Ame wrote:
Nono
camelCasedSnivy

I think are the wolves.

super
slow reader.

geraintm is neutral

That is a very meaty town list this early in the game.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:56 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 394, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i have a bad tendency to hold on to early reads

you can use normal idea mafia as an example if you want

klazam hasnt done anything particularly towny either but maybe someone can sell me another wagon
What do you make of nono's posts so far
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:56 pm

Suspicious post. I think its too early for that.
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:56 pm