Trail Blazer

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i enjoy you enchant
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 3462, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 3460, Alisae wrote: I completely forgot Kuribo fos'd Drew wow
They actually townread me, but were upset about it lol.
In post 3461, Firebringer wrote: why was kuribo getting angry and rage quit the game again?
I was watching and i was like 'what is kuribo even angry about right now'
I think it was Norwee saying something? I don't remember either.
I walked away from the thread to compose myself for a while and when I came back in a better headspace, enchant gave me shit for no reason. And since the game was already putting me in a bad headspace, I decided walking away was better than getting banned.

Let's not split hairs, I was literally on the beach, the only place in the world where I'm truly happy, raging at some words in a screen. That's not cool, so I fucked off.

And I'm not gonna blame enchant, it's my own failing to
keep my composure in mafia games.

Also drew if ever I find myself town reading you again, you're to die immediately.

Real funny thing is when I came back I was ready to elim Pere and give the reason that I wanted to watch something beautiful die.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 3475, Firebringer wrote: i enjoy you enchant
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3477, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 3475, Firebringer wrote: i enjoy you enchant
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I can’t forgive Enchant for hating anime avatars
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 3424, Alisae wrote:Ranger was right ecks dee
Eh, I can't come up with a snarky post right now so instead of snark you get honesty.

I got many things wrong.
Peregrine as town.
My top scumreads.
I never voted scum.

Nearly every prediction I made when dead ended up not coming true.

I certainly was right about some things.
I got my Doctor Drew read right because I used the exact same meta as Klick yet came to the opposite conclusion. (It genuinely baffles me how Klick accurately described Doctor Drew's scum meta and thought this game wasn't it.)
I was right I would've been conftown after massclaim, which I knew we wouldn't do on D2. (How would you have reacted to "I'm a VT, just a pure VT, I suspect I'm the only one in the game which massclaim would confirm" as a defense D2? I imagine rather poorly.)
I was right {Klick, Frogs, TemporalLich, NorwegianboyEE, Doctor Drew} wasn't all town.
I was right {Ranger, Emperor flippyNips, Here There Be Dragons} didn't have 2-3 scum and was 0-2, likely lower.

Still, I was no less wrong than any other player, despite my snark.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

Notably also;
I was right the town had too much power;
I was right the scum would've had a killstopper;

I still got the form of the killstopper wrong, as well as the answer to the town being so townsided wrong.

I was right Theta Alpine didn't call the shots, yet wrong she didn't contribute.

I never stated my TemporalLich-is-obviously-3p read publicly; had I, I would've gotten the form of it wrong. (I thought TemporalLich was a malevolent 3p, not a neutral-to-benign one.)
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3429, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I was pained by the fact that the day I died it was between me and drew and then the next day everyone forgot drew was scummy. I was screaming
Imagine how I felt after the consensus of Ranger-scum was proven wrong and then the solving continued without reassessment.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3457, Firebringer wrote:But i am proud of drew.
Withholding hammer to look more town is always ++++ points in my book.
Yeah.

I don't think Drew deserves praise for the scumteam repeatedly making night actions which should've been bad and somehow being rewarded for them;

I don't think Drew deserves praise for his play being his scum meta, Klick accurately describing his scum meta, and somehow concluding Drew was town;

I
do
think Drew deserves credit for not clearing a player with his claim, the kills he made which went through, a clever claim, and making smart decisions on where and when to vote, including holding off on a hammer when not knowing what caused the kill to fail. Holding back until he knew the reason was always the correct call imo, even if it extended the game, and is worth praising.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3468, Klick wrote:The interaction with me delaying the Mafia Doctor into saving Frogs on the night I delayed STD, creating a completely separate unknown explanation for there being no kill, is incredibly frustrating.
Perhaps it's my bias, but to me, it was the simplest option.

Who didn't know about your delay role?

{Frogs, Klick, NorwegianboyEE} all knew.

Only {Here There Be Dragons, Doctor Drew} didn't.

A no-kill you weren't expecting incriminating the uninformed should've logically condemned the uninformed. It wasn't Dragons, so the incriminating lack of kill would come from the only other source uninformed; Doctor Drew.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3473, Enchant wrote:Either i am too rude for this site, or players on this site are really not cut for irony.
For what it's worth, I appreciate you Enchant.

I'm also fond of irony and have a penchant for barbed remarks.

I enjoy your casual playstyle and how you focus more on fun than winning; it matches my casual tryhard approach.

Players reacting negatively when upset are valid (they don't like having the knife twisted). As long as you treat them with respect, apologize if you take things too far, and admit to any wrongdoings they are hurt by, you should be fine. Your own feelings are valid, and you've the right to express when you're upset, too.

It can be difficult to balance the two. Just do your best, and that's as much as can be asked. For some, it won't be enough; you can't change that. At least in my opinion though, you're not as bad as your reputation.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by kuribo »

My main breaking point was Enchant accusing me of AtE, which anyone who's played with me will tell you in a heartbeat that I don't like the shade from that.

It's not AtE to say you're in a bad place mentally and step aside for awhile, nor is it scummy.

It's a thing that happens, with me, at least, because I've been a part of this site a long, long time, and I feel extremely comfortable confiding in people on this site, even in games, about when things are going wrong or when I'm simply trying to avoid laying waste to everything with a shitty mood.

And I don't like it when people use that openness and honesty against me as a negative. It *infuriates* me, straight up, to be accused of appealing to emotion, or faking rage, because when you do that, in my mind, you're calling my vulnerability false. You're showing me why I should stay guarded in all aspects of life, including a site that I've been on for over fifteen years.

And I've seen it WAY too many times, both directed at me and directed at Mala in multiple games over the years.

It's a real real fucking shitty thing in my mind, and I take it personally. And again, that's a me thing, that's not anything anyone did intentionally.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

yeh

you were correct with your vig kuribo
though the circumstance of my death just kind of caused it to not work out to the best

maybe someday i will actually survive to the end of a game as scum
but i rarely survive games as any alignment so
i do not tend to play like i am going to survive

and i also get called out on appeal to emotion whenever i bring that up during a game so i decided not to actually bring it up this game
which coincided pretty well with a lot of stated town reads on me so i had an excuse not to be bringing it up
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 3486, kuribo wrote:My main breaking point was Enchant accusing me of AtE, which anyone who's played with me will tell you in a heartbeat that I don't like the shade from that.

It's not AtE to say you're in a bad place mentally and step aside for awhile, nor is it scummy.

It's a thing that happens, with me, at least, because I've been a part of this site a long, long time, and I feel extremely comfortable confiding in people on this site, even in games, about when things are going wrong or when I'm simply trying to avoid laying waste to everything with a shitty mood.

And I don't like it when people use that openness and honesty against me as a negative. It *infuriates* me, straight up, to be accused of appealing to emotion, or faking rage, because when you do that, in my mind, you're calling my vulnerability false. You're showing me why I should stay guarded in all aspects of life, including a site that I've been on for over fifteen years.

And I've seen it WAY too many times, both directed at me and directed at Mala in multiple games over the years.

It's a real real fucking shitty thing in my mind, and I take it personally. And again, that's a me thing, that's not anything anyone did intentionally.
That is certainly valid.

It bears noting there
are
players who have used real-life situations as scum to gain a noted advantage, using their circumstances as an excuse to avoid revealing alignment tells. ("Can't be in your town meta when scum" is nigh-indistinguishable from "can't be in your town meta when v/la".)

Still, those despicable players don't justify questioning rl situations as AtE. This community operates on a level of trust. To open up and explain rl things is part of the trust. Questioning the trust due to the players who've violated the trust, shouldn't be done.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3484, Ranger wrote:
In post 3468, Klick wrote:The interaction with me delaying the Mafia Doctor into saving Frogs on the night I delayed STD, creating a completely separate unknown explanation for there being no kill, is incredibly frustrating.
Perhaps it's my bias, but to me, it was the simplest option.

Who didn't know about your delay role?

{Frogs, Klick, NorwegianboyEE} all knew.

Only {Here There Be Dragons, Doctor Drew} didn't.

A no-kill you weren't expecting incriminating the uninformed should've logically condemned the uninformed. It wasn't Dragons, so the incriminating lack of kill would come from the only other source uninformed; Doctor Drew.
I definitely got lucky with all that, especially since it was just assumed that it made Dragons look bad.....that Day literally lasted 59 minutes lol.

But ya, I was a late switch to the Students and your flip......really only Ceph was calling me out for it. There really wasn't any reassessment after those flips, especially with how hard scum reading me you were.

I really have to shout out Peregrine again, I think they really were that bit of misdirection that kept eyes off me a bit. And it wasn't like we talked about a hard buss, they were just totally willing to let it play out that way......I actually was thinking about having them hard buss me a couple times some I thought they could navigate things better than I could.

As minor as it kinda was, them claiming they got fruit was the hero play.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by SirCakez »

sorry i flaked so hard in this game, it started at such a shit time and then I could never get back into it
gg
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3490, SirCakez wrote: sorry i flaked so hard in this game, it started at such a shit time and then I could never get back into it
gg
Tis the curse of playing in a hydra with Ali lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

Think this game was good? Head to the 2023 Scummies nomination thread located here and nominate your favorite thing about this game! There are over a dozen categories! Maybe next year's winner happened here?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”