She was a
Villager

Spoiler: Role PM

Welcome to Mini Normal 2311, Not_Mafia!

You are a
Villager

You have no active abilities.

You have no passive abilities.

You win when at least one member of the Village faction is alive and all members of the Wolves' faction are dead.

The Game Thread is located here.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-Commencement

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to hammer.

Votes
Not Voting (7):
heipizhu4, BlueSnakelet, Random Nurse, ZZZX, Passenger, AnimatedWiz, TheHoldSteady

Notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-09-16 23:21:44)
  • You can find the combined mod ISO here.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

What do we think of Random Nurse quickhammering? I have to admit, encountering some WIFOM trying to decipher the reasons he would have to do so.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I'm not a fan of the move. felt like we got robbed of several days worth of content.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

Neither do I. I was surprised when I found RN hammered NM, cause the only reason I can think of is that the hammer acts as a 'policy elimination' that threw on NM (because of self vote and no valid content? idk).
@RN Tell us your real reason of quickhammering here.
VOTE: Random Nurse
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I feel like, even though Not_Mafia was doing a lot of weird things and literally asking to be eliminated, it was still scummy to actually eliminate that early on. Some extenuating circumstances, but most of us only had one or two reads.

Not because he is necessarily scum, but just because he did something scummy, VOTE: Random Nurse. I just ask that
no one else vote on this
so that we can prevent another quickhammer—we need 3 more votes to eliminate, and the scumteam almost certainly has 2 of those votes ready to use.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Shoot, didn't see your vote.

UNVOTE: Random Nurse
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

So, yeah, I hammered Not Mafia because I'm not going to tolerate a jester who doesn't contribute to the gamestate and is just going to be mis-lim bait. If he's going to be a jester he can go Day 1 instead of end game. Got it?

I am absolutely certain Scum will attempt to use my hammering of NM against me, so if you're Town FFS, be smart.

Now, with that out if the way, get out of my way as I take a look at the VCs and associations. If you want to fight me over NM's yeet I will give it to you.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 107, Random Nurse wrote: So, yeah, I hammered Not Mafia because I'm not going to tolerate a jester who doesn't contribute to the gamestate and is just going to be mis-lim bait. If he's going to be a jester he can go Day 1 instead of end game. Got it?

I am absolutely certain Scum will attempt to use my hammering of NM against me, so if you're Town FFS, be smart.

Now, with that out if the way, get out of my way as I take a look at the VCs and associations. If you want to fight me over NM's yeet I will give it to you.
Look at
what
associations?

You quick hammered page 4-5, when we weren't even really out of RVS, half the votes on NM were simply people either annoyed by him, parked on him (like mine), or scum making use of the situation to get a quick elim.

I think blue is probably town, Random might be scum, but I can't even be sure because I can see non-scum just doing that horrid horrid decision.

I also think one of the people not voting was probably scum.

BUT instead of having information of people, we are just empty because you took that QH, to be honest blue setting NM to E-1 was equally problematic.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 108, ZZZX wrote:
In post 107, Random Nurse wrote: So, yeah, I hammered Not Mafia because I'm not going to tolerate a jester who doesn't contribute to the gamestate and is just going to be mis-lim bait. If he's going to be a jester he can go Day 1 instead of end game. Got it?

Look at
what
associations?

You quick hammered page 4-5, when we weren't even really out of RVS, half the votes on NM were simply people either annoyed by him, parked on him (like mine), or scum making use of the situation to get a quick elim.

I think blue is probably town, Random might be scum, but I can't even be sure because I can see non-scum just doing that horrid horrid decision.

BUT instead of having information of people, we are just empty because you took that QH, to be honest blue setting NM to E-1 was equally problematic.

Well gee, man, I'm all torn up about it. You can cry your eyes out about it and mis-lim me or if Town you can get over this and work with me on finding Scum. I'm inclined to think you *might* be Town because when I've done this before there were Townies that responded similarly.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:39 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 109, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 108, ZZZX wrote:

Look at
what
associations?

Well gee, man, I'm all torn up about it. You can cry your eyes out about it and mis-lim me or if Town you can get over this and work with me on finding Scum. I'm inclined to think you *might* be Town because when I've done this before there were Townies that responded similarly.
I am still not sure whether you are town or scum.
I am still upset about this. If you are scum then sure, if you are town then you just possibly lost the game for everyone, but moving ahead..
Fine, sell me on it. Who do you see as scum? Why? If you see some associations, show me. It is five pages.
redacted
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:47 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 110, ZZZX wrote:
In post 108, ZZZX wrote:

Look at
what
associations?

I am still upset about this. If you are scum then sure, if you are town then you just possibly lost the game for everyone, but moving ahead..
Fine, sell me on it. Who do you see as scum? Why? If you see some associations, show me. It is five pages.

You're more mad at me than the jester that voted himself and was daring everyone else to hammer him when he was at L-1?

Ask yourself this: would you rather have the jester hammered Day 1 or endgame? 100% of the time I'd choose the former, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

As for the rest of the game, I'm V/LA. I'm going to get into this game, but on MY time. If you're Town, and I think you may because you're the only vocal one around giving a fuck, then I'm going to ask you for some patience.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 111, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 110, ZZZX wrote:
In post 108, ZZZX wrote:

Look at
what
associations?

You're more mad at me than the jester that voted himself and was daring everyone else to hammer him when he was at L-1?

Ask yourself this: would you rather have the jester hammered Day 1 or endgame? 100% of the time I'd choose the former, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

As for the rest of the game, I'm V/LA. I'm going to get into this game, but on MY time. If you're Town, and I think you may because you're the only vocal one around giving a fuck, then I'm going to ask you for some patience.
I played with NM before, he will do so for the first 2-3 real life days and then start playing normally. And I am familiar enough with him to read him. So yes, I am more upset at you than him, because the most he did was 5 posts being distracting for people, instead of us now being at 7 alive without any information. Its less about the lynch happening and about when on the day it happened, anyway no point discussing it further.

Sigh, the game is already half dead so this is going to be very fun to deal with. Lets see if we can somehow figure something out.
redacted
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by biancospino »

Reminder that usage of the word "Lynch" to refer to the Village's collective elimination is disallowed under site rules due to its harsh racial connotations.

The official term is "elimination" (or lim for short) but you are welcome to use flavorful substitutes like execution, yeet, or whatever else you like.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 113, biancospino wrote:
Reminder that usage of the word "Lynch" to refer to the Village's collective elimination is disallowed under site rules due to its harsh racial connotations.

The official term is "elimination" (or lim for short) but you are welcome to use flavorful substitutes like execution, yeet, or whatever else you like.
Apologies, old habits die hard. I will try my best to avoid it, but I am afraid it might slip once in a while, but I will do my utmost to avoid that :(
redacted
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:03 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

While I hate that we lost so much time D1 and I do find Random Nurse’s insistence on sweeping this under the rug suspicious, both him and ZZZX make valid points that we can’t just keep going in circles arguing about one of the few moves made so far. If we want to avoid ELo D3, we really need to get a correct elimination this time—does anyone else have anything we can work on figuring out?

I will mention, BlueSnakelet and ZZZX have voted together twice so far (an n=2, sure, but it did help put Not_Mafia to E-1). Could be that they were working to push a miselim and found Not_Mafia a convenient target to get people to vote for—a target who did most of the work for them. I can’t say it’s a bulletproof theory, but I would to hear their defenses to see what shakes loose.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:42 am

Post by ZZZX »

I wana read everything more in depth, then post again at night.

I was the 2nd vote on NM during RVS, then people got him to lynch just like that.
redacted
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Passenger »

LMAO
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 102, AnimatedWiz wrote: What do we think of Random Nurse quickhammering? I have to admit, encountering some WIFOM trying to decipher the reasons he would have to do so.
My guess is just that he felt like doing so in the moment. Random Nurse doesn't feel like the type to be self-conscious about being scumread as scum. I think the NM hammer is probably just completely NAI
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Passenger »

Random Nurse is an abrasive egoplayer and in a game that is primarily full of conservative, low postcount players, Random Nurse will become limbait. I don't think anything that Random Nurse has said so far is alignment indicative in the context of his playstyle.

AnimatedWiz gives newbtown vibes, especially in . I'm not sure that a newbie scum player would think to include things like "scum certainly have 2 votes to use."

ZZZX's questioning of Random Nurse is towny but nothing he's said is unfakeable.

VOTE: TheHoldSteady

Better than nothing!
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:21 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Yeah, this game doesn’t have too much talk—not necessarily a bad thing, but it does make it difficult to get a read on anyone due to how little most of us have said.

If I might ask—BlueSnakelet, what reads do you have? You’ve had several votes but not spoken too much about what motivated them.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:28 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

the heat inevitably went to nurse for quickhammering; while i think the play benefited scum more than town, its not really scum-indicative itself, its more of something to keep in mind for later that it happened. but less heat to snake who placed n_m at e-1 with little explanation. i would love the snake to explain more the thought process behind that vote
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:39 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

if i'm scum trying to steer the wrong wagon i'm generally going to try and vote towards the middle of that wagon. hammer attracts too much attention and lead attracts too much attention. join towards the middle and there's a greater chance that it goes unnoticed.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:47 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 112, ZZZX wrote:
In post 111, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 110, ZZZX wrote:
In post 108, ZZZX wrote:

Look at
what
associations?

I played with NM before, he will do so for the first 2-3 real life days and then start playing normally. And I am familiar enough with him to read him. So yes, I am more upset at you than him, because the most he did was 5 posts being distracting for people, instead of us now being at 7 alive without any information. Its less about the lynch happening and about when on the day it happened, anyway no point discussing it further.

Sigh, the game is already half dead so this is going to be very fun to deal with. Lets see if we can somehow figure something out.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:48 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 51, ZZZX wrote:
In post 33, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 32, ZZZX wrote:
In post 31, Passenger wrote: VOTE: ZZZX
Scummy-ish hop on
Id vote you but I forgot what that term was called... time to get back to the wiki.

But I will bite, why is it scummish? :good:

If I remember correctly, the term you're looking for is OMGUS.

And I think joining a wagon quickly is often considered a bit suspicious due to it being a bit of an "anyone but me" sort of vote, but I mean—we're the only people who know our own alignment, so I think both the Village
and
all the evil people would logically want to vote anyone but themselves, especially right now when we know so little. So, it technically
can
be a tell, but it's not super strong (especially not this early).
Yes! It was OMGUS, thanks.
In post 34, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 13, ZZZX wrote:
In post 8, Not_Mafia wrote: heipzhu4, BlueSnakelet, ZZZX, Passenger, Hu Tao, AnimatedWiz and TheHoldSteady need to step up their activity
I feel called out!

VOTE: NM
Wow, double-posting to inflate your post count, how desperate

VOTE: ZZZX
You know what? I will do a serious vote for once and a question.

Are you scum NM? My gut is tingling and questioning you right now. Mostly probably becuase you are the only one here i have any semblence of an ability to read here currently.

VOTE: NM

Thst puts you at L2 if I am not mistaken
In post 36, Passenger wrote:
In post 32, ZZZX wrote:
In post 31, Passenger wrote: VOTE: ZZZX
Scummy-ish hop on
Id vote you but I forgot what that term was called... time to get back to the wiki.

But I will bite, why is it scummish? :good:
Your tone seemed like you were trying too hard to fit in
That is indeed what implied by the train sound, yes. But I don't think there was any group to fit in within. But I like the reasoning enough
your stuff isn't adding up. why did you vote them for a gut scumread if you could just wait 2-3 days for them to start posting normally and then get a more clear read on them

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”