Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 5, xyzzy wrote: something i believed on some level before going in was that i would get a setup that i could fully parse once i had the whole thing available to me. and that's probably true for a lot of setups where you design it yourself: you may not figure out all the intentions beforehand, but you know broadly speaking how each role should function, and importantly, the precise wording of each role PM is a thing you had a hand in. once you get handed a bunch of roles that other people designed, you suddenly have to start asking yourself questions like, okay, this Amway recruitment ability doesn't say it targets a player, and it doesn't function in the way that a targeting action would, and the role has other abilities that *do* target, and those are clearly a thing where you're sending an action to the moderator. so i guess the recruitment isn't an ability that targets a player, which means if someone gets it who has restrictions on who they can target, then that ability ignores those restrictions? sure. that works. but then this other PM mentions that it can't be "recruited into the main faction." what's the main faction. like, i don't think Amway is a faction, but it's a judgment call, right? it turns out running a game like this involves making way more rulings on the fly about what feels correct.

my next game is gonna be a veiled committee mini theme, and i an appointing myself one of the designers. i have tentatively designed roles, and i look forward to potentially creating an enormous headache for myself. i also have a truly fucked up idea for how i might run a veiled committee upick. that being said, i do not want to claim ownership over this concept. there's endless variations on how you could have a setup designed this way, and i could not possibly do all of them in a hundred years, so if you're reading this and thinking "hey this sounds like a truly nightmarish experience, i'd like to try it out," then by all means run with it. that being said, i'm gonna work on figuring out a format that works for eliminating the issue around discussing specific formatting that isn't just "get a blanket approval every single time i run one of these," so lemme know if you have thoughts on that. personally, i am fully in favor of players trying to suss out which groups of roles match each other, and i think it's fun to let designers lean into that. like when i ran the original incarnation of this premise, non-reviewed game, one of the roles was "John, a town Shootsmith!" and the role PM started "oh man! you're John, a town Shootsmith!" i can't recall if there was any attempt to piece together the game using who submitted what, but that was also self evidently probably not designed by the person who just submitted "mafia 1-shot neighborizer encryptor: can only use 1 shot of neighborizing" as one of their roles. personally, i think that's a unique aspect of this that is worth leaning into, and i would love to receive a set of roles from somebody where one of them is super obviously intended to look like another one of the designers wrote it and for the players to have to deal with that fact

oh also: Bingle was not an Amway consultant yet when those alleged recruitments happened! for that sort of role change, i would always, always rule that you do not have whatever new abilities are being granted by someone else's actions until i personally confirm that you have them. i told Bingle this via PM, so i think this is all an elaborate ploy. once 24 hours have officially passed and i'm definitely in the clear to let Bingle in, we can finally get the full answer regarding any possible ploys. all that to say: Bingle was only ever in the one hood but did a pretty good job convincing everyone that that was due to mechanical reasons, and now that that's "disproven," it's probably gonna get weird
Woah nice rant

My main takeaway is I would love being in the next vailed commitee and/or veiled upick, because I have some cool ideas.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 6, DkKoba wrote: i would hazard to guess that my flip being the traitor was the most + for town info at least.traitor changes the dynamics of how spew works and it could have screwed people's solves up immensely.

scum cant kill meuh now bc it'll expose another role and scum have to remove a night action role

very nice.

I looked back and saw bingle didnt actually get to neighborize anyone so that is good for town that they didnt get to contact eachother.
Your flip basically confirmed Bingle as scum so yeah that was oretty dope stuff
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 8, xyzzy wrote: oh btw something i noticed early on but after the game had started that was very much a judgment call: the Amway PM says that you gain all your recruiter's abilities, not all of their Amway abilities. 100% of the time i will always rule in favor of not having the game be trivially broken by bullshit, and "stack all the abilities onto each other so we can definitively check everyone's claims and also somehow everyone has access to the factional mafia kill????" is bullshit
Oh so I wasn't being srupid in my interpretation? I thought if I got amway I could make everyone cop but literally everyone ignored this possibility so I thought I was just being dumb.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:03 am

Post by DkKoba »

Bit of a shame that anix didnt apologize for being wrong lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 24, DragonEater70 wrote: I still think Cook 90% dies today since Ranger is apparently town and Ranger isn't gonna give up on limming her.

So that's GGEZ
Ya i died bc i was gonna tunnel cook. Still i think killing amway d1 was best for town here
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:17 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 10, DkKoba wrote:
In post 8, xyzzy wrote: oh btw something i noticed early on but after the game had started that was very much a judgment call: the Amway PM says that you gain all your recruiter's abilities, not all of their Amway abilities. 100% of the time i will always rule in favor of not having the game be trivially broken by bullshit, and "stack all the abilities onto each other so we can definitively check everyone's claims and also somehow everyone has access to the factional mafia kill????" is bullshit
ah true MLM fashion.

the flip was kinda underwhelming like it was being sold like it was some super awesome OP role but it literally did nothing except waste discussion time while being a glorified joat
Yeah
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 12, xyzzy wrote: nope!! actually it's incredible how completely wrong every attempt to work out who designed what has been. Ranger's list has, like, a single correct piece of information on it
I can believe that which is why I was so annoyed with Ranger's "guaranteeing" people were scum but like Cook was scum so that's all good.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 28, DkKoba wrote: Bit of a shame that anix didnt apologize for being wrong lol
True
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:20 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I think AniX thinks they did town a favor by killing me because I was "ruining the mechsolve"
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 33, DragonEater70 wrote: I think AniX thinks they did town a favor by killing me because I was "ruining the mechsolve"
And yet the social solve has already caught 3
retired
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:22 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4008, AniX wrote: I would vig DE again and regret nothing, somehow he decided his best play was to lie about his role three times.
Hopefully I don't get banned from MafiaScum, but what an arrogant idiot.

Also I literally lied only once.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Unless "I lied about my role" is somehow a lie.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 34, DkKoba wrote:
In post 33, DragonEater70 wrote: I think AniX thinks they did town a favor by killing me because I was "ruining the mechsolve"
And yet the social solve has already caught 3
Yeah exactly
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:24 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

It's so darn annoying
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i was quite certain dragoneater and ircher were scum
and was suspecting ofhrz as the last at the end ha

i really should know better whenever i start to think i have an actual solve
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

well at least i pushed bingle through
bingle not having communication with team makes things make sense about koba getting shot
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:30 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4012, camelCasedSnivy wrote: where did third death come from
Ofrhz pretty sure
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 39, Theta Alpine wrote: i was quite certain dragoneater and ircher were scum
and was suspecting ofhrz as the last at the end ha

i really should know better whenever i start to think i have an actual solve
Lol, were you thinking I'm scum just because of Bingle interaction? Xyzzy explained here what happened.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

yeah ofhrz is the only other killing role right now

anyways uh the question i would be exploring right now in the living thread if i was alive would be
why in the world did cook target bingle night one

but a bit too late to voice that

p-edit
yes but i literally just had not considered what actually happened as a possibility
if i had i would not have pushed all three of you bingle and ircher because god that did not make any sense for a scum team of you three to let that happen
i did not think you were scum at all outside of that mechanical interaction for that matter and voiced that
alter of rautherdir
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Yeah, I also didn't consider that mech interaction a possibility, but it does make a lot of sense. I mean they just didn't have that power, I guess.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:41 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also it's fucking hilarious that Cook basically killed their own traitor.
Gj Cook.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

it had happened after they had accepted the power in our pt and i am pretty sure also after a vote count so uh
i had no reason to suspect they just
did not have the powers yet
alter of rautherdir
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay let's see if we can solve the game here in the dead thread:

These players are alive, 2 of them are scum:
Cook - confirmed scum due to investigation
Ranger - 90% sure town due to hard push on scum!Cook
Ofrhz - 99.9% town for killing Yimmy
Enchant - 95% town (my townread)
AniX - 95% town (idk if a scum vig would exist this game but it's not impossible)
StD - ??? (I personally tr but others might disagree)
CCS - ??? (same as std)
Katy - ???
Meuh - I somewhat tr but Drew was scummy af and Meuh might actually be well-playing scum.
Skygazer - ???
Ircher - hard tr for pushing Cook and defending Aureal in a way that didn't feel like trying to get towncred.

So obviously not everyone shares my reads, but if I were alive then game was solved as Cook + 1 out of katy/meuh/skygazer, and town has like 3 miselims (or 2 miselims and 2 vigshots if my math is correct and if we still have people with vigshots which I doubt)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:57 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Do you agree with my analysis?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 46, Theta Alpine wrote: it had happened after they had accepted the power in our pt and i am pretty sure also after a vote count so uh
i had no reason to suspect they just
did not have the powers yet
Tbh I was slightly wary of that possibility when Bingle tried to confirm themselves iirc, which is why I waited for a VC.

So I completely get your confusion.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”