Mini Normal 2313: I am sitting in a room (game over)

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.08
BlackStar
(3): Dannflor, Generic, Hu Tao
bob3141
(2): Gumiguy, Andante
Charle510
(2): BlackStar, AnimatedWiz
Gumiguy
(2): Shrek, Black
Shrek
(1): bob3141
AnimatedWiz
(1): Charles510
Hu Tao
(1): Afrayed Knott

Not Voting
(1): brightbluebug

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to scuttle a player. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-09-28 06:30:00).

mod notes: The igloo is leaking fuel!!
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Black »

In post 197, Charles510 wrote:
In post 195, Black wrote: UNVOTE:

I kind of expected a different response from Charles here if he's a new player that rolled scum. I feel like it's more likely he would ask for advice in the scum PT rather than quickly posting that he'll read and "come up with some stuff"
Thank you for that. I'm pretty new to mafia and don't know what to say.
If you don't have any reads, that's not inherently scummy. Townies can struggle with this too. I would advise you to try and comment on stuff as it happens. Give us your unfiltered thoughts. Start thinking about what some of these actions could mean for a player's alignment

You brought up Andante calling Gumiguy the most town player in the game. What does that mean to you?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 199, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m going to keep my vote on Charles for now—I admit that reaction wasn’t what I expected, but I feel like I should just keep my eye on him anyway.
Any thoughts on Gumiguy?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 am

Post by Andante »

oooh lots of words!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Andante »

In post 160, Hu Tao wrote: I think Andante seems a bit forced at the moment.
In post 161, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 154, BlackStar wrote:
In post 153, Dannflor wrote: ok so do you scum read adante?
I'm choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and say that they're probably just overeager town. But there's a chance that they're scum trying to look busy. I guess I'll say that I'm 70% sure they're town right now
While I scumread Andante, I feel this reason for your Andante read seems like you're tiptoe-ing this and makes me want to scumread you too.
In post 162, Hu Tao wrote: VOTE: BlackStar
out for blood... or so it seems, then you move on, and I wanna say I saw you calling me maf again recently, I have no votes on me currently, so like all you're gonna do is just sit there and call me maf?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Andante »

In post 179, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 165, BlackStar wrote: At this point multiple people have said that Andante’s posts felt a bit unnatural but that they ultimately town read her. Which is the same thing that I said. I’m not sure what the problem is
I don't Town read her, but besides that. Your post kinda felt like you didn't want to take a stance. So in my point of view you look like partners
I mean, it's really feeling like you're trying not to take many stance here, so calling someone else out for not taking stances??
I wanna say our playstyles kept clashing in another game we played together, I could be wrong though
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Andante »

In post 178, AnimatedWiz wrote: Oh, thanks for reminding me! Uh, let’s see… he seems shrewd, and like he’s making a decent readlist in his head. I personally would like to hear it, but I get the feeling that it’ll come later D1 or D2 (and will probably be great then but need that time to be completed). I townread him personally, but it’s only at a moderate strength right now.
There's no way Dann is not your scum partner... reading this post...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Andante »

In post 192, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m also not a fan of how short Charles’s answers are—just going to put this here to document my feelings for now.

VOTE: Charles510
In post 199, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m going to keep my vote on Charles for now—I admit that reaction wasn’t what I expected, but I feel like I should just keep my eye on him anyway.
voting charles now? not earlier?? really feels like you're just trying to play it safe here
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Andante »

Team is probably like bob/dann/animated

VOTE: animated
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Andante »

In post 141, bob3141 wrote: Andante if im right and ypur town you need to stop making these reads that depend on partnerships its going to be impossible to spot correctly and then spend the rest of same twisting what you read to match your conf bias
how has anything I said "twisting what I read to match my thoughts" I know I'll do that, but like, I haven't been locked into any set team
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Andante »

So yeah, I think I'm good with an animated vote. I don't like 178 at all, and the was we talk about dann there just... nah it's not town talking about a genuine read. I could be wrong on partners, but I'm not wrong on animated being scum, cause that flip to the charles stuff too, just has terrible timing, there's no chance animated is town
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:55 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 202, Black wrote:
Any thoughts on Gumiguy?

I think Gumi fits in a similar category as Charles and Shrek—not a lot of anything posted here. The main reason I went for Charles over the others is that he immediately responded to someone talking about him and only said, “yes.” The other two seem to just not be on much, but that behavior makes me think he’s on but just watching, which is more suspicious?
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:00 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 207, Andante wrote:
In post 192, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m also not a fan of how short Charles’s answers are—just going to put this here to document my feelings for now.

VOTE: Charles510
voting charles now? not earlier?? really feels like you're just trying to play it safe here

Bestie, Blackstar literally voted within a minute of me doing so—clearly the behavior was suspicious to multiple people if that’s the case. You seem to really not trust me, which is whatever, but I really feel like you’re grasping at straws for this one.

If I wanted to play it safe, I would just announce I’m sheeping or just not talk at all. It’s fine if you scumread me and others, but I really don’t think leaping to associations between us this early is going to be useful.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Black »

In post 208, Andante wrote: Team is probably like bob/dann/animated

VOTE: animated
Man we really are seeing this game differently. Bob and Wiz are probably my biggest townreads lol
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Black »

In post 211, AnimatedWiz wrote:
Any thoughts on Gumiguy?

I think Gumi fits in a similar category as Charles and Shrek—not a lot of anything posted here. The main reason I went for Charles over the others is that he immediately responded to someone talking about him and only said, “yes.” The other two seem to just not be on much, but that behavior makes me think he’s on but just watching, which is more suspicious?
I mean in Charles's defense, the question was "do you find everyone null?". If he's town and this is true, "yes" feels like an appropriate response. It seems like you are dogging Charles for this without considering the context
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

UNVOTE:
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

VOTE: Gumiguy

Post # just still does not sit right in my mind. And lack of content is a burning star right now. Eyes still on Dann, want to see what he brings to the table now.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:26 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 214, Black wrote:
In post 211, AnimatedWiz wrote:
Any thoughts on Gumiguy?

I mean in Charles's defense, the question was "do you find everyone null?". If he's town and this is true, "yes" feels like an appropriate response. It seems like you are dogging Charles for this without considering the context

That’s fair—I think the sheeping comment earlier might have made me a bit more suspicious of him, but I suppose he really was just asked a yes-or-no question. I should stay more mindful that I’m not tunneling on him, but I feel I’ll need to see more from him to remove my vote.
Gumiguy
Gumiguy
any
Townie
Gumiguy
any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Gumiguy »

Honestly, I feel like Annie's posts just don't come from a townie. He seems apprehensive about making any non-town reads on anyone and when he does it feels... superficial. The scum read on Charles for answering a question is just odd, and his first post not including a vote during RVS felt overly safe as well.

VOTE: AnimatedWiz
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Black »

This is the second time Gumiguy has jumped in as pressure is building on him. I'm left wondering if we even would have gotten 218 had he not gotten two votes recently. Using RVS as a reason for the Wiz vote feels artificial imo
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gumiguy
Gumiguy
any
Townie
Gumiguy
any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:06 am

Post by Gumiguy »

In post 219, Black wrote: This is the second time Gumiguy has jumped in as pressure is building on him. I'm left wondering if we even would have gotten 218 had he not gotten two votes recently. Using RVS as a reason for the Wiz vote feels artificial imo
You're letting your suspicion on me cloud your vision. I noticed Annie was being apprehensive, scum read that, and voted him. I couldn't care less about the votes on me. The RVS thing was just an example of how Annie wasn't making moves even when it was expected. Apologies for trying to be thorough, I'll just say "[name] bad" next time.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Black »

I'm just pointing out the possible scum motivation behind your actions. I'm not convinced you are scum but you haven't done anything to make me think you are townie either
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:10 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

It feels a bit frustrating—when I say I’m not going to vote someone just yet, it’s being fence-sitty and suspicious, but when I finally do vote someone and explain why, it’s too aggressive and suspicious. I know it’s probably just how D1s go, but I feel like I’m just out of sync or something.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Andante »

hmmmm