Mini Normal 2313: I am sitting in a room (game over)

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 167, Afrayed Knott wrote: After my first skim through, ( and that is what I did as there is so much there) my initial gut feeling is that Andante is pushy - is that a good think or bad thing not sure at the moment. I Acknowledge that she has a champion in her corner right now with Black stating they have played town together and initial thoughts from Black are that Andante is Town. But do we trust Black could be a bluff.

Blackstar also has a town read on Andante, or am I reading into that? I'm liking Blackstar atm.

Charles doesn't give me a good vibe right now. or in his AI generated parlance, he is not resonating with me.

Ani, well what to say, for someone who hasn't played much there is a deal of knowledge about Mafia lingo. And there is a lor of filler there, but I think that is probably because a lot of it was early doors when he was being "coached", no not coached "gentle advice" which if he was scum then surely that coaching might be happening in their thread? that is of course if his main advisor is mafia, but as they are declared as an innocent child then probably not. That or scum have thrown Ani to the town as a sacrifice. No I think Ani is Town atm.

Hu Tau... hmmmmmmmmm

Dann, well where to start, inquisitive and asking levelled questions, no read atm

Gumi, really hasn't said much that sticks out to me other than post 102. deflection?

Blue Bug. I get a null feel right now.

If I've missed anyone I shall catch up with you as we now progress. these are my first impressions, and based on which

VOTE: Hu Tau
if afrayed knott flips scum this game, I think blue bug is much more likely to flip scum

I think it's weird that afrayed knott ostensibly went through and gave thoughts on every slot in the game, but missed Shrek and Bob. and I mean I don't think it's necessarily bad to forget slots if they didn't leave much of an impression on you, but then why call out Blue Bug specifically as someone that feels null? blue bug had like 2 posts? definitely less of a presence than Bob

since scum is very aware of who their partners are I think they'd be much more likely to include their partners in a reads list and forget townies, even if they are just "null"

I realize this is all pre-flip associations but I'd like to call it out now
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Black »

Scumreading someone because you're upset with them is kinda scummy, but admitting it is kinda townie lol
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Charles510 »

I'll give Bob the benefit of the doubt and wait for him to post more stuff.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:30 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Charles, you play such an unconventional game—I think that’s why I have such a hard time getting a truly good and solid read on you. I think it’s likely honest and maybe not fully intentional at this point, but it hurts my head to try to get you figured out.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Charles510 »

In post 453, AnimatedWiz wrote: Charles, you play such an unconventional game—I think that’s why I have such a hard time getting a truly good and solid read on you. I think it’s likely honest and maybe not fully intentional at this point, but it hurts my head to try to get you figured out.
Thank you, I think? I'm doing my best.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Merlyn »

My vibes for Charles lean town.

Charles, are there varying levels of feeling there? I've only ever seen a 5 person scumteam in a large game I played. If there are varying levels who's your main suspects?
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Charles510 »

In post 455, Merlyn wrote: My vibes for Charles lean town.

Charles, are there varying levels of feeling there? I've only ever seen a 5 person scumteam in a large game I played. If there are varying levels who's your main suspects?
Annie for one, hence the vote. I'm still not sure of the other.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:28 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Also, I'm taking a trip to Fallingbrook this weekend for my anniversary, so I'll be here infrequently during the next few days—I'll still respond to questions and everything, but the responses will just be somewhat delayed.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 426, Merlyn wrote: WHAT. I have NEVER gotten two pagetops in a row

Hi Hu Tao! Hu Tao thoroughly fooled me last time she was scum, and I actually do believe it's in thier wheelhouse to fake a 'forgot there was an IC'. But they are playing differently than the last game we played. Last time they were not rocking the boat, staying under the radar, not arguing points.
Luckily I am town this game, hoping you are too!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 431, pisskop wrote: If I were a bodyguard, who should I guard tonight
Not me! Don't visit me!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

More everyone talks, the more I want Blackstar gone
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Interesting- why?
brightbluebug
brightbluebug
Townie
brightbluebug
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by brightbluebug »

i’ve only done a very brief skim through and likely missed some posts but why the recent suspicion on blackstar?
take care
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 299, BlackStar wrote: You said that sentence was weird. It was from when I had him in the null section. He scum read me, but I didn't know if I thought it was genuine or BS. I decided that I didn't believe that he believed what he was saying and moved him down to a scum lean and forgot to get rid of that sentence
Ok that's fair, It didnt read like that to me in the original post, thanks for the clarity
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 290, Dannflor wrote: I think you were the only one to have mentioned a scum read on me at that time Afrayed
Not sure on that, but then the number of people not comfortable with you seems to have grown, why would that be?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 302, BlackStar wrote: Every time that I mention him nobody really wants to get into it. I already questioned AnimatedWhiz about why they were still voting him after a post about how Charles passed everyone's vibe checks and they gave the excuse that they just meant that everyone thinks Charles is town, not her
im into it, his initial post stinks of scum jumping in with a false town bravado, we must stick together, we are town, we need to eliminate the scum trash.....and now he is conviniently quiet. Which plays into the theory of scum coasting /lurking while Town beats itself up and gets voted out and NK'd. My vote stays until we start to hear from Charlie boy.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 310, Black wrote: When I ask him why he didn't respond to Annie, Dann says that he did indirectly.
this got me also. He brushed off the question, almost as if he was hoping that it would get lost in the days ramblings
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:58 pm

Post by Dannflor »

lol
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 388, Dannflor wrote: because I know I’m town
you keep saying this, awhy do you need to reaffirm it?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 450, Dannflor wrote: if afrayed knott flips scum this game, I think blue bug is much more likely to flip scum

I think it's weird that afrayed knott ostensibly went through and gave thoughts on every slot in the game, but missed Shrek and Bob. and I mean I don't think it's necessarily bad to forget slots if they didn't leave much of an impression on you, but then why call out Blue Bug specifically as someone that feels null? blue bug had like 2 posts? definitely less of a presence than Bob

since scum is very aware of who their partners are I think they'd be much more likely to include their partners in a reads list and forget townies, even if they are just "null"

I realize this is all pre-flip associations but I'd like to call it out now
this is good reasoning, but unfortunately its not correct. I genuinely forgot about their slots.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:22 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 434, AnimatedWiz wrote: Afrayed is... hard to understand,
I had/have this all the time, when I was playing a few years back. I am not sure why it is.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 436, AnimatedWiz wrote: Afrayed, are you still scumreading Charles? Is there anyone else who you feel you've gotten a real read on since you were on last?
Well he has re-appeared and has started to take part in the game, I see his read list and well he has 3 town, which includes the IC, and the rest are null or scum. So not sure what to think. Do I take his explaination for his reentry questions into the game? Asking people if they believe him scummy or not, it seems a strange tactic but he explains that also.

But its just that openning post. I know that I am the only vote sitting next to him, and as I see above, Black is called out for the negative comments on Charles and there was all the "why is no one else in Charle's face" posts, but nothing else. So, currently I will leave my vote where it is for now.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

So after reading through I really am sitting in the dark on many of the people here.

Charles, Right now I continue to feel that Charles is scum. His intial opening post followed by his earlier interaction and now his reentry in the game all stick with me. Maybe I am focusing too much on this, Im not sure. But his AI inhanced opener speakes of regular communication team work amongst other things. I havent seen that, I haven't seen him commit to anything he covered in that opening post. And that includes trying to find Scum. After his re-entry his posts seem forced, could it be nerves? or the fact he just is having trouble with being in the game, or is he being pushed to be more active and didnt kow what to lead with?

Ani/Wiz I saw no intial problem with their posts to me they genuinely felt that of someone new to a game that they had just started and were still trying to find their balance. Many of you, well at least 4 of you find scumminess in their posts, is that experience or just a handy place to park a vote. If Ani/Wiz is not scum then how many on the wagon right now are? If someone could show me where Wiz is most scummiest then please do, as I honestly do not see it.

My "mate" Dann. Well Now, I recall playing against that avatar when I played before, have you always had it? Anyway that's beside the point. What sticks with me now is again not much just small things: reaffirming their flavour, not answering questions, and then saying he doesn't answer questions, then when called out for playing differently the "I'm trying to change my style of play" statement - be less up front and reconfrotational? Then when reading back and you look at his questions and reasoning they resonate with the play style he states he is trying to adopt. But then if you had a strong town tell as he says he had, then surely your scum tell would be just as strong, so maybe a change of playing style is for both sides of the fence? for now I am going to lean null to town.

Black, who I keep getting mixed up with Blackstar. Well Black for me is town, I just dont get a scum feel from the posts so far made. The posts ae qestioning, while ok not being too pushy, But I see a genuine search for scum going on.

Blackstar, Again it may well be rust or inexperinence on my part but I dont see why the wagon here is gaining popularity, again why are they being seen as scummy? if everyone on the wagon could let us know why they are sat there that would be good, thanks.

Merlyn/Shrek Can't decide on the replacement, there of course is a lot more activity and interaction, but it is early doors for her. But Shrek's absence in the game didn't help any reads for any of us. I get called out for missing him and Bob in my openner, probably because of the lack of posts that I missed the slot. So Null now and let us see what develops

Hu Tau, I feel their input has been honest, whilst brief in content, its been pushy and questioning. They are responding to others in the game and I see no real allignment between her and any other players in the game. Is that a good or bad thing, is it deliberate distancing, I think too early to tell but lets see what happens. for now I will post her as Town.

Andante, A lot of content and much of it reads to me like someone who is hyperactive, if you are Andante then great that you can portrait that in your text, if not I appologise for getting it wrong and mean you no ill. So for the content - well a lot is page filler and ties in with my comment on hyperactivity, but there is a lot of pepperpotting going on, Has anyone else noticed how regular she posts her suspected scum team, and it generally changes with different suspects in most lists. Ok that maybe because she is genuinely reacting to what is going on in the thread at the time, or it might be that she is picking up on scum reads or bad vibes from others and is trying to steer votes in this way. Surely that would be a scum tactic, to muddy the waters? It couold of course be argued that is a thin connectin to make, and yet its a connection, its all I have. So I will lean Scum on Andante.

Brightbluebug, I know that Dann is pointing a finger at Blue and I based solely on the fact that of the 3 Blue, Shrek and Bob, Blue was the only one I mentioned in my openner, to explain that is pretty easy, Their list. At the time of me actually joining the game Blue's read list was or had been discussed in thread, so pretty reasonable to recall them. The fact that they have done nothing much in the game since that list except for a handful of reationary posts is very questionable. They state they are new to the game, but then they are not the only newbies rejoiners here and yet no interaction. IRL they may be busy, or looking at the number of pages they may be daunted with trying to decypher what is going on, but at least try to stay invovled. Im not sure here, they admit to a very brief skim but then nothing after that. So either a very nervous Town Newbie or the Day Chat thread is not advising them on what to say, Im going with the day chat for now and park Blue as scum.

BoB BoB BoB.... for Bob read Blue with regard to the amount of interaction. Although, while it might be slightly more in the number of posts it is also good content IMO. When they are in thread they are questioning and challenging, the fact they are not in the game regularly is a shame as I think my doubt on Bob will solidify one way or the other, so right now a null read TBF.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:30 am

Post by Black »

Having Charles as your top scumread based on a post he didn't even write is wild

I'll have to digest the rest of that later
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess