Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Ausuka »

Votecount 1.3

It is currently the Coalition Phase. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to confirm a coalition. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-10-11 13:11:19).

Coalition Votes
Datisi
- Aristeia
Datisi
- Bellaphant
Bellaphant, Datisi, Hero at Heart, implosion
- Datisi
Aristeia, Bellaphant, Hero at Heart
- Doctor Drew
Bellaphant, Datisi, Hero at Heart, Merlyn
- Hero at Heart
Bellaphant, Doctor Drew, TheHoldSteady
- TheHoldSteady
Not Voting (3)
- implosion, Malakittens, Merlyn

Elimination Votes
TheHoldSteady (2)
- Datisi, Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart (1)
- TheHoldSteady

Not Voting (6)
- Aristeia, Bellaphant, Doctor Drew, implosion, Malakittens, Merlyn

FlavourImage
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 192, implosion wrote: i'm just going to disengage from the line with Drew. although maybe i won't completely since hero says they want to see how it develops lol but I feel like it's almost certainly one of those things that is practically not going to be actually useful for sorting compared to how much it'd bog down the thread. I think it's probably very likely that Drew and I just sort of parse arguments in incompatible ways.
I like that you said this, I feel like when I see someone stop a 1v1 they tend to be town, I don't think scum has a lot of incentive to stop a spat
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 197, implosion wrote:
In post 189, Merlyn wrote: it's scummy that I don't have a set of reads by pg 6 (by page 6!?),
I don't think this is a fair characterization. It's not that you "don't have a set of reads", it's that you hadn't given any at all, in conjunction with you saying that you'd already been townspewing which, no, does not mean "posting literally anything as town".

I do agree there isn't much of a real rush. But I feel like there's been lots of quite useful content so far. I don't really agree with THS's take that scum are necessarily proactive in this setup; yeah, they need to get in the coalition, and actually the point could have some truth to it if people are playing in such a way that the scum
feel
rushed. But I think it's entirely possible for scum to play under the radar, especially if they think their scumbuddy is going to get in to the coalition.
I was kind of going for humor there when I said bc I thought it was a question that deserved a flippant answer. Like, it's not a serious thing to ask a bunch of folks to townspew like it's something someone can come in on the next post and go, "oh! Got it, here's my townspewing".

I'm going to get really nitpicky on this idea that it's scummy that I hadn't given any reads. I posted as soon as I saw the game was open. When you posted , I had been playing in the game for 29 hours. I also slept and went to work twice in those 29 hours. So, was it really dubious that I hadn't formed or posted any reads yet? Am I really the first player you've met who decided to take more than 29 hours to figure out what they think? Or am I right to think it's odd that it's even being remarked upon?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

wow, lots of content which i'll fully read later

just popping in to answer THS:
In post 184, TheHoldSteady wrote: Answer what truthfully specifically
this question:
In post 175, Hero at Heart wrote: ari, kittens, THS - what do you think of drew/implosion on page 7?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:06 am

Post by implosion »

In post 202, Merlyn wrote:
In post 189, Merlyn wrote: it's scummy that I don't have a set of reads by pg 6 (by page 6!?),
I don't think this is a fair characterization. It's not that you "don't have a set of reads", it's that you hadn't given any at all, in conjunction with you saying that you'd already been townspewing which, no, does not mean "posting literally anything as town".

I do agree there isn't much of a real rush. But I feel like there's been lots of quite useful content so far. I don't really agree with THS's take that scum are necessarily proactive in this setup; yeah, they need to get in the coalition, and actually the point could have some truth to it if people are playing in such a way that the scum
feel
rushed. But I think it's entirely possible for scum to play under the radar, especially if they think their scumbuddy is going to get in to the coalition.
I was kind of going for humor there when I said bc I thought it was a question that deserved a flippant answer. Like, it's not a serious thing to ask a bunch of folks to townspew like it's something someone can come in on the next post and go, "oh! Got it, here's my townspewing".

I'm going to get really nitpicky on this idea that it's scummy that I hadn't given any reads. I posted as soon as I saw the game was open. When you posted , I had been playing in the game for 29 hours. I also slept and went to work twice in those 29 hours. So, was it really dubious that I hadn't formed or posted any reads yet? Am I really the first player you've met who decided to take more than 29 hours to figure out what they think? Or am I right to think it's odd that it's even being remarked upon?
The way a game gets going is by people giving reads. My scumread on you, itself, is like, a page 6 read. It's not like it's set in stone (in fact I think 202 is mildly town). It's not like it was particularly strong. Honestly, I don't know for certain if "has posted a bunch without giving reads before page 6" in isolation is meaningfully an indicator of scum, but I think it's likely to be and is worth considering as one because it pushes people to give stances that can be further read into.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 195, Merlyn wrote:
In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 164, Malakittens wrote:
In post 61, Datisi wrote: actually like, idk how much exp you have with mala, i don't have that much, but she doesn't strike me as a sort of thinking 5 steps ahead scum player (no offense) that you're making her out to be there, do you think it's like, likely that scum-mala would've been thinking so much about something like that on page 2?

:cry: :cry:
Hear me out.

Reading that post again by Dats, doesn't it read as he knows you are town?
Uhh...no?
This was directed at Mala.

And implosion, you might be right. Especially after the last game we just might have to let each other cook instead of arguing the way we have, especially since I really don't think you are coming after me in bad faith.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 203, Hero at Heart wrote: wow, lots of content which i'll fully read later

just popping in to answer THS:
In post 184, TheHoldSteady wrote: Answer what truthfully specifically
this question:
In post 175, Hero at Heart wrote: ari, kittens, THS - what do you think of drew/implosion on page 7?
OK I gave it my best shot. Let me know what you think.

from Implosion seems town; the thought process of thinking a post seems sketchy but second-guessing it by thinking about a previous game seems nuanced in a town sort of way.

Regarding from Doc, I think given the scum win condition here you can expect this sort of reactiveness from scum because of the necessity for at least one member of the scum team to be townread.

pings for me as well, but not for the same reasons that implosion didn’t like it. I don’t like it because, again, I have the unique perspective that I’m a town slot with incorrectly placed heat on me and I’m trying to decipher who genuinely thinks I’m scum and who is simply taking advantage of the heat to secure my lim later on. 127 and as well as just subtle enough that there’s the possibility that it’s the latter. I don’t really click with the energy comment, although I could feasibly see why you think I was setting up Hero for a “gotcha moment”.

don’t really understand where the anger is coming from. I don’t recall anywhere else in the thread where Doc got mad at “bad town play” so it really comes out of left field for me.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Doc do you think I'm scum or no?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 207, TheHoldSteady wrote: Doc do you think I'm scum or no?
I would say yes, but it isn't a strong ping. I actually do like this above post from you, objectively speaking.

Also about 167, I wasn't upset because it was 'bad town play'(well I guess I was, but I don't want to come across as saying implosion is bad). I have seen players, usually good players, get a bit too stubborn when reading a relatively newer player saying 'newb scum wouldn't do this or that' or 'I would play that differently if I were town/scum' and kinda get tunneled in that thinking. And then when presented with real world evidence that contradicts this, stubbornness is probably the best word here, they poo poo it and don't listen.

And usually I see this from a town player, hence why I wanted to make it clear that I don't scum read them, but need to be more open minded to different ways of going about the game(which I think implosion kinda gets now, at least in regards to me).

Also Merlyn, now I am not trying to white knight you, just the first time I have town read you so quickly lol.

HEAL: Merlyn, implosion
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

hi, i won't be able to play for much of today, i'll try to read pages 8-9 in the evening maybe, otherwise tomorrow.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:22 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Drew, talk to me about mer?

Implo, any questions for me?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:38 pm

Post by Aristeia »

carry me Datisi pls
You are always gonna be my love
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:35 am

Post by implosion »

In post 210, Bellaphant wrote: Drew, talk to me about mer?

Implo, any questions for me?
Why specifically me and why do you want to talk to specifically Drew about Merlyn? I guess your play so far feels very broad-strokes like I remember your town game feeling in terms of how you're interacting with the game but I don't know if I've played with you as scum.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I find you hard to read, specifically. I think I'm pretty ok on a bunch of reads. I'm pretty sure drew is town but unsure on mer, I was tr then early but I don't feel it totally now, so I wanted someone who had a clear opinion.

I think Ari is scum.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: ari do the votes actually count?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

hi

will read all shortly
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 179, Aristeia wrote:
In post 176, Datisi wrote: @ari, if you had to pick a coalition to form right now, what would it be?
maybe me you implo hero and bella

very much a 6am not very awake thought
that's lowkey the coalition i wanted to do since aristeia started pocketing me

Spoiler: exact point of pocket
In post 133, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 130, Aristeia wrote: well if you want to play town mayor and win on page 10 i can sit back and sheep you if you are so confident :)
you would? that's really sweet :D

In post 183, Aristeia wrote: so how's the sorting going
meh, kittens hasn't posted and you and THS aren't really helpful.
In post 211, Aristeia wrote: carry me Datisi pls
weird progression i think

when did you even tr datisi?

i think it's just a pocket

HURT: previous
HEAL: datisi, hero, implosion, bella

my next post will be focusing on merlyn
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

actually nvm first implo then merlyn
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Aristeia »

I don't have to tr him to want him to carry me.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:05 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 192, implosion wrote: i'm just going to disengage from the line with Drew. although maybe i won't completely since hero says they want to see how it develops lol but I feel like it's almost certainly one of those things that is practically not going to be actually useful for sorting compared to how much it'd bog down the thread. I think it's probably very likely that Drew and I just sort of parse arguments in incompatible ways.
lol i didn't mean you have to continue i was just curious how it would go. i tr your disengagement though because i agree the discussion probably doesn't get us anywhere.
In post 192, implosion wrote: 104, 139 are probably the best examples. In the context of the rest of his posting I think 142 also might even be town-indicative. Part of it is that he has a view/approach to the game he's espousing that feels consistent and like something he's thought about rather than just coming up with something, but the bigger part is the way he's handling suspicion on himself. There's a degree of assuredness in both of those posts that reads as genuine to me.
interesting because these posts
sound
townie but i thought they were not genuine at all - i'll get to this in my THS post (queued after my merlyn post).
In post 192, implosion wrote: Yeah I did miss that, it dampens how much I find that post town significantly.
makes sense

feel
i don't think this post is AI in a vacuum but i like it anyway.

i need to dig into merlyn's posts to fully make sense of your scumread on her (that's why i changed the order)

pedit: okay so who do you tr?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hey sorry
At a football game for work.

I lowkey townread impl

My brain wants to read ari as town and out her in my coalition but my gut is giving me a vibe to not make haste on that decision yet

Ngl I will have more content tmrw at my computer
I’m mobile rn
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 219, Hero at Heart wrote:
lol i didn't mean you have to continue i was just curious how it would go. i tr your disengagement though because i agree the discussion probably doesn't get us anywhere.
In post 192, implosion wrote: 104, 139 are probably the best examples. In the context of the rest of his posting I think 142 also might even be town-indicative. Part of it is that he has a view/approach to the game he's espousing that feels consistent and like something he's thought about rather than just coming up with something, but the bigger part is the way he's handling suspicion on himself. There's a degree of assuredness in both of those posts that reads as genuine to me.
interesting because these posts
sound
townie but i thought they were not genuine at all - i'll get to this in my THS post (queued after my merlyn post).
In post 192, implosion wrote: Yeah I did miss that, it dampens how much I find that post town significantly.
makes sense

feel
i don't think this post is AI in a vacuum but i like it anyway.

i need to dig into merlyn's posts to fully make sense of your scumread on her (that's why i changed the order)

pedit: okay so who do you tr?

Mala implo & bella
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

>be me
>work very hard on sorting ppl
>receive notification
>someone quoted me
>see kittens posted, excited that maybe kittens is actually going to be active
>aristeia quoted me
>post is 3.5 words
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

>be me
>work very hard on sorting ppl
>receive notification
>someone quoted me
>see kittens posted, excited that maybe kittens is actually going to be active
>aristeia quoted me
>post is 3.5 words

EBWOP

(this is my first ever attempt at a 4chan greentext. was it good?)
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

merlyn:

reason i asked for your experience as scum is i wanted to know if i should tr your boldness in saying you are townspewing

unfortunately i made up my mind not to spend literal hours meta diving people so i will pass on reading your scum games and instead will nulltown read it.
In post 189, Merlyn wrote: This is gonna look like I just said this bc you gave me an opening, but I'm posting here before I go back and respond to stuff bc I've been thinking about this game and I feel like there's a sense of urgency that I find strange. Like, there's this push to solve by pg 10, it's scummy that I don't have a set of reads by pg 6 (by page 6!?), there's a request to have a set of coalition choices by Friday...
i find this slightly disingenuous tbh - first of all, the page 10 thing was a tongue-in-cheek thing, not actually serious. like i am not
actually
planning on locking in a coalition by page 10. page 15 on the other hand...
kidding

second of all, yes, most players have some reads by page 6. i decided to look into some completed games of yours and apparently you don't have that many reads early on so that's fine, but wouldn't you know it's something that happens?
and the coalition thing by friday is i think just scum flailing

uh you know what, i can see your viewpoint if you actually didn't realize i was kidding earlier.
In post 189, Merlyn wrote: One of the things I'll be considering is whether I think this rush is scum-driven or just overzealous town (or both). My gut reaction is to say yes
you mean yes it's both or yes it's scum?
In post 194, Merlyn wrote: I think it's a rush and I don't like the rush. I'm keeping an eye on everyone who seems to be wanting to rush through D1 rn (but that also includes you lol)
townie post on the caveat that merlyn took my joke seriously
In post 195, Merlyn wrote:
In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote: Reading that post again by Dats, doesn't it read as he knows you are town?
Uhh...no?
mindmeld?
In post 201, Merlyn wrote:
I like that you said this, I feel like when I see someone stop a 1v1 they tend to be town, I don't think scum has a lot of incentive to stop a spat
mindmeld.
In post 202, Merlyn wrote: I was kind of going for humor there when I said bc I thought it was a question that deserved a flippant answer. Like, it's not a serious thing to ask a bunch of folks to townspew like it's something someone can come in on the next post and go, "oh! Got it, here's my townspewing".
yeah that's the vibe i got

so right now i'm kinda happy with a datisi/hero/merlyn/bella/implosion coalition.
is there anyone who actually SR's these people?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”