Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

ban scott howard
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

By the way, not all mafiascum games are serious business.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9947
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:04 am

Post by ScottHoward »

you call this game serious? i just checked out another ww site. they play days that are 1 year long. nights are 1 month. they say anything less than 10 month days is hurting the village.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:19 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ScottHoward wrote:you call this game serious? i just checked out another ww site. they play days that are 1 year long. nights are 1 month. they say anything less than 10 month days is hurting the village.
*faints*
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:09 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

ScottHoward wrote:you call this game serious? i just checked out another ww site. they play days that are 1 year long. nights are 1 month. they say anything less than 10 month days is hurting the village.
Im used to games where 1 ingame day equals 1 rl day, and even that feels a bit slow to me :x

Anyways, wall-e sounds very scummy to me, so.. Lurking all the time and then comming up with such a scummy post.

unvote
vote: wall-e
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:21 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

This sounds more like some sort of Buddhist koan than an actual recounting of things that happened.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:34 am

Post by ScottHoward »

siesta, u should head over to 2p2. we have regular games with 12ish hour days and 12ish hour nights, and we have turbos with 20minute days and 5minute nights.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
This sounds more like some sort of Buddhist koan than an actual recounting of things that happened.

Suiwo, the disciple of Hakuin, was a good teacher. During one summer seclusion period, a pupil came to him from a southern island of Japan.

Suiwo gave him the problem: "Hear the sound of one hand."

The pupil remained three years but could not pass this test. One night he came in tears to Suiwo. "I must return south in shame and embarrassment," he said, "for I cannot solve my problem."

"Wait one week more and meditate constantly," advised Suiwo. Still no enlightenment came to the pupil. "Try for another week," said Suiwo. The pupil obeyed, but in vain.

"Still another week." Yet this was of no avail. In despair the student begged to be released, but Suiwo requested another meditation of five days. They were without result. Then he said: "Meditate for three days longer, then if you fail to attain enlightenment, you had better kill yourself."

On the second day the pupil was enlightened.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:52 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

ScottHoward wrote:siesta, u should head over to 2p2. we have regular games with 12ish hour days and 12ish hour nights, and we have turbos with 20minute days and 5minute nights.
Ill try it out some day :P
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:52 am

Post by matrix »

translation of TCS thus far this game:

lurk lurk - post some fluff - lurk lurk - vote for an easy wagon - lurk lurk - post more fluff.

Still very happy with my vote.

Scott:

I think I understand your POV here, but for the good of everyone playing, can you stop with the frequent oh so not very subtle digs at MS please.

thanks.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I like the TCS and Wall-E wagons enough that I'll hammer either if I get the chance. What's the vote count?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 am

Post by hewitt »

Not even gonna lie, I would not mind giving my vote to TCS or Wall-E because they seem pretty scummy to me. And I would also like to know the vote count.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Someone go prod the mod. I'd like to know where we're at.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

matrix wrote:
translation of TCS thus far this game:

lurk lurk - post some fluff - lurk lurk - vote for an easy wagon - lurk lurk - post more fluff.

Still very happy with my vote.

Scott:

I think I understand your POV here, but for the good of everyone playing, can you stop with the frequent oh so not very subtle digs at MS please.

thanks.
I was V/LA with limited access until... two days ago. This game was a 20-page explosion of uselessness in like the first three days, and I posted ASAP... hardly lurking.

I voted because I liked the Fonz's contribution... you know, that he actually contributed anything at all to this game. And your response doesn't make me any less likely to vote you.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

Grr, so much idiocy, so little time to respond.

Guys, you have to take into account that the average large game on mafiascum is usually barely getting out of random voting by this point. The logic you're using to call TCS a lurker is akin to calling someone a slow reader for taking three months to get through War and Peace, because you can read 'Spot Gets His Ball Back' in five minutes.

As for the point about p2p being the ones talking, well, without the p2p element you also don't get five players replacing out because they can't stand the way you're playing. There has to be give and take here. If you want an hour-long game, play in scumchat. If you want a game where a game day lasts one RL day, THEN PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. I like the fact that I can get in from work and post maybe twice, and then post again two days later with about 3-4 pages' worth to catch up on. It suits my life schedule.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 am

Post by hewitt »

Well also if you don't like the slow pace then do something about it.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 am

Post by well-named »

I haven't read Spot Gets His Ball Back, I'm still on Spot Loses His Fucking Ball Because He's a Mongoloid, but I'm hoping to graduate to the Dick and Jane series by the spring.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I'm not in a hurry. I'm ready to move on to the next day, but if people have things they want to say, that's cool too.

I'd like to hear more from Wall-E and TCS.

Well-named seems less helpful than normal, but that might just be due to the way this game has gone so far. Give me a day or two to read him.

Hewitt seems weird to me too.

I almost forgot about Hitch. This is not his town game, imo.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:00 am

Post by ScottHoward »

matrix. i will try

fonz, please give us youre thoughts on walle
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 am

Post by hewitt »

Sun Tzu wrote:I'm not in a hurry. I'm ready to move on to the next day, but if people have things they want to say, that's cool too.

Well-named seems less helpful than normal, but that might just be due to the way this game has gone so far. Give me a day or two to read him.

Haha thank you, any specific reasons?
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 am

Post by well-named »

I don't think I've ever been "helpful" on a day 1. I suck at wolf-finding on every day, but most of all day 1. I'm OK at clearing some folks, and I'm OK at picking connections out of old posts after a wolf or two is found, and....that's about it.

Sun has been giving me weird vibes though this whole game, but I can't quantify it. I think he needs the
FINGER O SUSPICION
though.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

hewitt wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:I'm not in a hurry. I'm ready to move on to the next day, but if people have things they want to say, that's cool too.

- the way you seem so sure OMG is village and want everyone to know you think so

- You seem to be following poggers and pogger attitudes more than I would expect from a mafiascum player.

I don't know if these things make you scum or this is how you normally play, but you seem strange to me.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

hewitt wrote:

- the way you seem so sure OMG is village and want everyone to know you think so

- You seem to be following poggers and pogger attitudes more than I would expect from a mafiascum player.

I don't know if these things make you scum or this is how you normally play, but you seem strange to me.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

sorry for the double post
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

well-named wrote:I don't think I've ever been "helpful" on a day 1. I suck at wolf-finding on every day, but most of all day 1. I'm OK at clearing some folks, and I'm OK at picking connections out of old posts after a wolf or two is found, and....that's about it.

Sun has been giving me weird vibes though this whole game, but I can't quantify it. I think he needs the
FINGER O SUSPICION
though.
This post is villagery.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”