Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:31 am

Post by Black »

In post 59, Aneninen wrote: Cometbright.
Irrelevant fluff about past games. Generally "trying to be nice" style. Trying to pocket Black.
Lean scum
Comet is town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:33 am

Post by Black »

I agree with Gimli. DE70 feels townie so far
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 59, Aneninen wrote: Catching-up.

Cometbright.
Irrelevant fluff about past games. Generally "trying to be nice" style. Trying to pocket Black.
Lean scum

Black.
Similar to Comet. Popping in, not voting in RVS, then OMGUS-ing me. Not as "trying to be nice" as Comet.
Lean scum
- or bad town.

Python.
Forking shirt, I remember this type of player. Vote-hopping, contradicting themselves (e.g., #31 and #32, sorry, I forgot how to link a post), voting then obv-towning Gimli etc...
Lean town
- Years ago, these players got
lynched
eliminated early and usually flipped town.

Dragon.
What the actual fork was that #25? Voting Black and pointing out that it was E-2? Besides that, nothing special.
Null
- if Black flips scum, Dragon can be scum, too, but it's too early to speculate.

Timmer.
A newer player with a lot of questions. If he had a scumbuddy, he'd have been given answers in their chat. Therefore,
Town

Kittiesecret.
Another newer player, she could go either way.
Null

Gimli.
In post 42, Gimli wrote: ARE YOU MASONS
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Why are you interested in whether there are Masons in the game?
Also, leaning town on Black because of her interaction with Comet, but no reaction on Comet. Asking Dragon to talk about Python then withdrawing it. Somehow, everything from him looks scummy.
Scum

AfraydKnott.
Why were you reacted so to the Black wagon? Why weren't you reacting on anything else?
Lean Scum
Because it stuck out. Seemed strange.

I don’t care if you lean scum on me. I play scummy all the time even when town. Which you’d be surprise to hear that I am. So lean away.

Oh and what’s scummy about not liking a vote? Please explain? In full so I can understand your reasoning, if there is any.

How did you get so many reads so early on?

For me it’s far too early to actually get a read on anyone.

FYI everyone - My TZ is GMT plus 4, so I’m playing when the majority of you are asleep, or about to wake up. As far as I can tell anyway..
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 74, Black wrote:
In post 57, Afrayed Knott wrote: Morning everyone, That Black wagon... :roll:

VOTE: DragonEater70
What about it?
Seemed opportunistic to me. When I read it
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Black »

I didn't really get that vibe. I don't think anyone is ever in danger of getting faded in RVS
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:17 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Ok, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet and it took way too long to figure out that VIP is Aneninen.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:28 am

Post by TimmerRC »

VIP did a group read on post 59. Most of their thoughts seem fine, I'm personally not willing to label individual posts as townie or scummy yet as I don't know the site meta, but the "things noticed" were indeed things to be noticed. I'm guessing that much of the tone about Gimli asking about masons is there to get a reaction response from Gimli, so I like that.

Null read overall.

In regards to Gimli, one thing I noticed was a major bit of self-awareness in posts 46 and 47. It was a "it is simply too early for trying to make cases" thing I guess but overly self-aware can sometimes be a scumread for me, so... noted.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:34 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Regarding React Youtuber, that's such a great term for something so important! I love it. For me, it's a later game thing, periods like Day 1 simply reacting to posts is literally a must to get things going, but later game it is a huge scumread tool.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 33, DragonEater70 wrote: Well go ahead and vote me

In fact, I'll make you a deal. If you vote me in your next post, I'll join you and vote myself. How's that?
Dragon it's page two lmao this is a pretty wild gambit to be doing this early. I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen you do stuff like this as town before so I'm not reading it scummy as I would have with anyone else, but I doubt Python is going to have a solid position on you this early. Feels strange to do a self-vote play when the cases are nowhere near confident yet.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 34, usesPython wrote: We're not getting any of that neutral "this is scum" energy from anyone posting here
Agree with this, no one in this group is in my limpool for today.
In post 42, Gimli wrote: ARE YOU MASONS
No but on a completely different topic does anyone want to attend my bricklaying seminar?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 51, Kittiesecret wrote: I dunno... picking on the newb without so much as a "hi" seeeeeems kinda scummy imo

VOTE: Gimli
Just to clarify, was this a serious/genuine vote back Kitty?
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Kittiesecret »

:yawn: Oof a lot of early morning players in here. Y'all have been busy reading bees this morning.
(makes note to set aside time in the morning routine for reading)

overall lots of good points, mental notes are being made... withholding judgement until I have a better feel for the game.

*always watching* :shifty:
Always watching
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 52, TimmerRC wrote: Also, the idea of pressuring people with votes and then they role claim etc. That's a new dynamic for me, the bulk of my past play role claiming was never, ever allowed. So... traditionally, how does this play out? I'll have to get used to it, I was wired to consider that not a "fun" style of mafia.

And finally, I need to figure out the voting tags, so VOTE: TimmerRC
I do find it interesting that you clearly grasp the idea of using votes to pressure people and then proceed to vote yourself. New scum players do tend to be a little scared of starting any conflicts so plays like that come across as a little people-pleasing and non-confrontational. Who's your biggest scumread right now?

As for the question though, generally speaking roleclaiming happens when someone is put at E-1 (one vote away from execution) and someone else announces an intent to hammer (cast the final executing vote) and they'll usually give a time-frame (e.g. "I'll hammer in 24 hours.") which gives the person on the gallows a chance to roleclaim so town avoids executing a PR.
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Kittiesecret »

In post 85, Cometbright wrote:
In post 51, Kittiesecret wrote: I dunno... picking on the newb without so much as a "hi" seeeeeems kinda scummy imo

VOTE: Gimli
Just to clarify, was this a serious/genuine vote back Kitty?
I dunno we will have to wait and see :) seems everyone is leaning town on Gimli, but is that what he wants us to think?

Although Python was quick to jump on the bandwagon with a follow up vote.

I know I know I read the newbie game play thingy, and RVS is a thing... buuuuuut Python was very bandwagony following votes, not just against me but others as well. very shifty...

OK that's all I'm going to reveal for now.

UNVOTE: Gimli
VOTE: Python
Always watching
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:00 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 87, Cometbright wrote:
I do find it interesting that you clearly grasp the idea of using votes to pressure people and then proceed to vote yourself. New scum players do tend to be a little scared of starting any conflicts so plays like that come across as a little people-pleasing and non-confrontational. Who's your biggest scumread right now?

As for the question though, generally speaking roleclaiming happens when someone is put at E-1 (one vote away from execution) and someone else announces an intent to hammer (cast the final executing vote) and they'll usually give a time-frame (e.g. "I'll hammer in 24 hours.") which gives the person on the gallows a chance to roleclaim so town avoids executing a PR.
I'm chuckling a bit because I just thought "oh, I should go remove that vote from myself" but then here's your post and now it would look reactionary, lol.

I'll do it anyway. UNVOTE: TimmerRC

Technically I'm only a newer player to this site's meta. It has been years since I played but back in the day I played a lot.

In terms of scumreads, the only thing I've got jotted down is that both Afrayed and Gimli seemed oddly defensive in tone in replying to people's thoughts against them considering it is all fluffy early game stuff.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 59, Aneninen wrote: Irrelevant fluff about past games. Generally "trying to be nice" style. Trying to pocket Black.
I don't really think asking questions about past game experience is irrelevant (if I'm reading you correctly here?). Town obviously will tell the truth since they have no reason to lie, whereas scum have to commit to an answer now that they can't really wriggle out on in the future without looking shifty. If a newb!scum player says as such then I know if I see a surprisingly sophisticated/strong play that I can suspect either deception or coaching from a more experienced player in scumchat. If an experienced!scum player says as such then I know I can disregard any doubts in my head of "Is this a scum thing or a newbie thing?". Obviously there's a lot of stuff subject to interpretation, but with no hard info to go off on Day 1 I find the strongest play for me is setting up frameworks like this for me to use later :)
In post 59, Aneninen wrote: A newer player with a lot of questions. If he had a scumbuddy, he'd have been given answers in their chat. Therefore,
Actually I find that new scum loves to utilise exactly this, asking questions etc. is a great way to appear active in a thread without actually doing any proper reading/content.
In post 59, Aneninen wrote: Why are you interested in whether there are Masons in the game?
This was a pretty obvious RVS joke imo

Don't really agree with your conclusions there but I do like the first lengthy reads post to give something to read and comment on, you can earn a townpoint or two for it.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TimmerRC

I’m not defensive at all. But I don’t like you right now.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 61, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay so I have a few minutes now. Here's what pinged me about Python:
Full admittance here, I have spectated a few of Pythons games and I think I was wrong about their alignment every time... still with the amount of posts they make I'm leaning in favour of keeping them alive till later as there will be a lot more things to potentially ding them on if it comes to it.

I don't think I felt their retort against you was scummy? The logic checked out to me even if I didn't see it as particularly scum-indicative on your part as I believe I've seen you make similar plays as town.

I think I agree to some extent on Gimli, he's hovering somewhere in the town-null range for me atm, enough at least for me to unvote. I'll type out a quick readslist in a bit and vote whoever's on the bottom then.

UNVOTE:
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Cometbright »

How come Knott's being voted #69-#70? Didn't both of you say you disagreed with VIP's reads? Or did you agree with the Black wagon point?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:14 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 75, Black wrote: Comet is town
Black locktown confirmed
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Cometbright »

I feel like I'm going to have trouble reading Knott this game.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:19 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Everyone does. That’s why I got lim’d early my first game back. I don’t mess around I am direct blunt and to the point. And can often be read as scummy. But that is because I’m ex Mil and have a different outlook on life. So just believe In m town and I love treading on egg shells.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

EBWOP “I am”
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 88, Kittiesecret wrote: I dunno we will have to wait and see
I'm down to let you cook but unless it's a point that you're sitting on because you need the person in question to do a thing you're anticipating, it's generally wiser to share thought processes - the theme of the game is an informed minority (scum) vs the uninformed majority (town) after all, everything we can do to inform ourselves further helps!

The reason I asked is because your response to Gimli's vote seemed strangely aggressive given it was a random vote with no thought process attached to it. My personal rule of thumb is that getting voted for is a lot more stressful for scum (as they know the town is right and are worried that town has noticed a slip-up/some mistake) than it is for town (who knows they are town and knows guaranteed that the person voting them has made some form of mistake/misinterpretation that they can rectify). It's not ironclad, but it's something I keep an eye out for.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:22 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 88, Kittiesecret wrote: I know I know I read the newbie game play thingy, and RVS is a thing... buuuuuut Python was very bandwagony following votes, not just against me but others as well.
Yeah that's intentional, we don't actually care who gets wagoned this early on so we just jump on whatever wagons are happening to make number go up and let the people with actual opinions duke it out until we have something to work with
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”