Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

WN, by helpful, I mean clearing yourself which you are good at, not finding wolves, which you are meh at (no offense).
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:27 am

Post by hewitt »

Sun Tzu wrote:
hewitt wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:I'm not in a hurry. I'm ready to move on to the next day, but if people have things they want to say, that's cool too.

I'd like to hear more from Wall-E and TCS.

Well-named seems less helpful than normal, but that might just be due to the way this game has gone so far. Give me a day or two to read him.

Hewitt seems weird to me too.

I almost forgot about Hitch. This is not his town game, imo.
Haha thank you, any specific reasons?
- You seem to be following poggers and pogger attitudes more than I would expect from a mafiascum player.
quote]

I don't think you can really put me in the category of a mafiascum player considering my game record.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

hewitt wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
hewitt wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:I'm not in a hurry. I'm ready to move on to the next day, but if people have things they want to say, that's cool too.

I'd like to hear more from Wall-E and TCS.

Well-named seems less helpful than normal, but that might just be due to the way this game has gone so far. Give me a day or two to read him.

Hewitt seems weird to me too.

I almost forgot about Hitch. This is not his town game, imo.
Haha thank you, any specific reasons?
- You seem to be following poggers and pogger attitudes more than I would expect from a mafiascum player.
quote]

I don't think you can really put me in the category of a mafiascum player considering my game record.
Oh. How many games have you played here? Do you play somewhere else?
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 am

Post by well-named »

Sun Tzu wrote:WN, by helpful, I mean clearing yourself which you are good at, not finding wolves, which you are meh at (no offense).
Ah, I think I agree with you then, and no offense taken. Actually this is a really good post and makes me feel quite a bit better about you.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:35 am

Post by hewitt »

1 and no I don't play mafia anywhere else besides with my friends offline and in a real live game.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

hewitt wrote:1 and no I don't play mafia anywhere else besides with my friends offline and in a real live game.
I categorized you unfairly then but you still seem strange.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 am

Post by hewitt »

Sun Tzu wrote:
hewitt wrote:1 and no I don't play mafia anywhere else besides with my friends offline and in a real live game.
I categorized you unfairly then but you still seem strange.
I am, hopefully you can get used to it.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:06 am

Post by matrix »

The Fonz wrote:Grr, so much idiocy, so little time to respond.

Guys, you have to take into account that the average large game on mafiascum is usually barely getting out of random voting by this point. The logic you're using to call TCS a lurker is akin to calling someone a slow reader for taking three months to get through War and Peace, because you can read 'Spot Gets His Ball Back' in five minutes.
I am not so much calling TCS a lurker, more a low content poster.

Seriously I get the fact that the games play differently here, and people have lives and stuff.

He very quickly replied to my vote for him, but posted a one line comment.
If he just happened to load up the page at that time and had no time to post much else then whatever - the timing of that and subsequent "your scum hunting skills are breathtaking" post is what make me think he is the most likely scum player here right now. NOT the fact that he is "lurking", it's the content of what he has posted as well as the timing of those posts.

To insinuate that my reading comprehension is about on the level of a kids picture book is nice, and then to make a post saying that I am voting him for lurking - when I'm not is ironic, don'tcha think?

Well Named seems like a Townie so far.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 am

Post by ScottHoward »

Matrix, heres how this game is supposed to be played:
Day 1 takes a long time so everybody can get in and joke vote for a while. Then eventually it miraculously goes from joke voting to serious voting. 2p2ers will not know when that point is, and will have to be told by the msers when it has occurred. Before the “serious” point in the game, any posts by msers that are obviously wolfish are to be ingored because duh day 1 takes a long time, HOWEVER, any and all posts made by 2p2ers are fair game. If any 2p2er claims village, he should be considered harmful to the village, whilst msers can claim village all day long without suspicion.
If I got any of that incorrect, somebody should let me know.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:27 am

Post by hewitt »

There's no way the game is supposed to be played. If there's a manual on how and what I should be posting please let me know.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 am

Post by ScottHoward »

Fonz wants us to believe that people are busy and cant post frequently, and/or that posting one or two posts a day is normal here. Fine, I can dig it. But Fonz also wants us to basically ignore most, if not all, the msers posts, no matter how infrequently they post. This I cant dig. It stands to reason that if people are so busy that they cant get in here to post, or posting once or twice per day is acceptable, then we must pay closer attention to those posts, because they have much more meaning than if they were posting say 10-20 times per day. Fonz can not have it both ways. If we allow people to make one or two posts every couple days, we MUST put assign more significance to the content of said posts. We must gain as much information from those posts as possible. Any person with a brain would not disagree with this logic.

2p2er makes a post containing some reads, a mser comes in to make his one post for the day (example, perhaps he posts slightly more, whatever) “your scumhunting abilities are breathtaking”. Now, are we saying that msers are too busy to post but have time to come in and post little quips whenever they feel like it and we are to assume that these quips have 0 reasoning behind them? If the post is worthless in every sense, why is the mser taking the time to get in here and post it? If we are in the joke vote stage, why bother coming in to make that remark? If we are ignoring all such posts, then how do we get past the joke vote stage?

Fonz is trying to sell us a bunch of horseshit.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Hitch »

hi all, sorry for my lack of content for the last day or so, I have read the thread but have been working 14 hour days and have been struggling to find the time. I have a more relaxed schedule as of tomorrow hopwfully.

I don't have much more to add to what has allready been said, apart from the longer the day goes on the more I am finding people villagery, particularly matrix.

i still think he is an acceptable vote, but don't feel as strongly as I did.

i also agree wlle is an ok vote.

Sun is still scummy.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Sun Tzu wrote:I like the Wall-E [wagon] enough to hammer.
Why? And why say this?
matrix wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
This sounds more like some sort of Buddhist koan than an actual recounting of things that happened.
translation of TCS thus far this game:

lurk lurk - post some fluff - lurk lurk - vote for an easy wagon - lurk lurk - post more fluff.

Still very happy with my vote.

Scott:

I think I understand your POV here, but for the good of everyone playing, can you stop with the frequent oh so not very subtle digs at MS please.

thanks.
Tall in stature is the man who can ignore the shortcomings of others.
SiestaGuru wrote:
ScottHoward wrote:you call this game serious? i just checked out another ww site. they play days that are 1 year long. nights are 1 month. they say anything less than 10 month days is hurting the village.
Im used to games where 1 ingame day equals 1 rl day, and even that feels a bit slow to me :x

Anyways, wall-e sounds very scummy to me, so.. Lurking all the time and then comming up with such a scummy post.

unvote
vote: wall-e
Where have I lurked? If you check ANY game I've EVER played, you'd know I'm ALWAYS the #1 poster in EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Try again.
ScottHoward wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
Note: I use ad hominem on occasion because I think it's funny. Don't take it personally, and feel free to throw it right back my way so long as you continue to provide answers and questions for
me/the town
while doing so. /quote]
soft village claim
geez, so many claimers this game huh?
What?

I...

What?
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Aww... I think the wittle wobot huwt their feewings...
You're on my "not helpful" list, just so you know, Scrut.

I feel like I'm in another country in this thread.

What is villagery? What is a pogger?

And yes, there are a lot of "newbs" in this game, though I meant it in the cultural unfamiliarity sense, not the doesn't-know-his-anus-from-his-ear sense. It's an unfortunate fact that what is a scumtell (a word I absolutely abhor) in one group will be a town tell in another.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Wall-E »

All that said, I dislike how you guys are all so bewildered that you'll jump on a player who's made ONE post above those who have made SEVERAL posts. Slow to lynch, quick to ask questions, not the other way around, please.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by hewitt »

Vote: Wall-E
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Wake me up when there's a decent case on somebody.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Wall-E »

hewitt wrote:
You see this? Hewitt has voted and failed to state a reason. Don't do this around me or I start sniffing at your doorstep.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Wall-E »

StrangerCoug wrote:Wake me up when there's a decent case on somebody.
zzz *snort* what? oh yeah... zzz
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by hewitt »

Wall-E wrote:
hewitt wrote:
You see this? Hewitt has voted and failed to state a reason. Don't do this around me or I start sniffing at your doorstep.
I'm...so...scared.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Wall-E »

...and after some initial digging, you are clearly in over your head in this game, so I'm not too bothered by your lack of reasoning. Still, someone might care, so I'm going to put a question to you:

Why am I scummy?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by hewitt »

If you want a reason here you go, my vote is currently on you because I'm tired of certainly people talking around with a superiority complex in this game. To me, that's scummy as hell, and as I find you the most arrogant, I find you the most anti-town.

Also, my vote was on matrix but I wasn't quite satisfied with laying my vote there because I don't think he's scummy anymore.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by ScottHoward »

Wall-E wrote:All that said, I dislike how you guys are all so bewildered that you'll jump on a player who's made ONE post above those who have made SEVERAL posts. Slow to lynch, quick to ask questions, not the other way around, please.
the post you made was horrible. it doesnt make anybody bewildered.

while youre here, how do you feel about what i said about fonz?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Wall-E »

hewitt wrote:If you want a reason here you go, my vote is currently on you because I'm tired of certainly people talking around with a superiority complex in this game. To me, that's scummy as hell, and as I find you the most arrogant, I find you the most anti-town.

Also, my vote was on matrix but I wasn't quite satisfied with laying my vote there because I don't think he's scummy anymore.
Arrogance != scummy. The sooner you discover this, the better a player you'll be. Did you see what I did there?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Wall-E »

ScottHoward wrote:
Wall-E wrote:All that said, I dislike how you guys are all so bewildered that you'll jump on a player who's made ONE post above those who have made SEVERAL posts. Slow to lynch, quick to ask questions, not the other way around, please.
the post you made was horrible.
What post?
it doesnt make anybody bewildered.
What?
while youre here, how do you feel about what i said about fonz?
What did you say?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Follow up, since I think I know which post you mean: What about it was horrible?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”