Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:41 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 191, Afrayed Knott wrote: But reading Python is a little strange for me, like who is actually talking and how does this "we" work. Am I right is now understanding that there is more than one person on the other end of that keyboard?
One body, multiple people. You can treat it like a hydra I guess
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:43 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 192, Afrayed Knott wrote: VOTE: usesPython

I keep reading filler imo
I just double-checked our posts, I disagree. Can you go more into this?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:51 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 194, Aneninen wrote: Gimli, - Wellshirt, you're not the only one without scumreads here. You put four players on your "idk" list, yet you're voting for Kittie, whom you labeled "town?". Why?
I don't know who to vote. I never scumread kittie, just tried to give her a warm welcome via naked voting and seeing what happened afterwards.

guess we're all not really into this game aorn, it's early, it's fine, I'll move my vote when I think I found something good
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:10 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 198, Afrayed Knott wrote: having carried out a search - we have played in quiet a few games together

Open 627 and Open 724
Project ELO
The Road to Rome

viewtopic.php?t=65188&hilit=smudger+Aneninen
viewtopic.php?t=65370&hilit=smudger+Aneninen
viewtopic.php?t=65184&hilit=smudger+Aneninen&start=25 This is the scum day chat - you are scum and NK me
Checked.
In Mexican Standoff, your posting style was entirely different. But you replaced out.
In the Newbie, it was somewhat similar to this game, but you were more interrogative and less defensive. However, in that game I was scum so it may be only in my mind.
Most importantly, your gameplay may have changed a lot since then.

That doesn't convince me that you're town, but okay, let's assume for a short while that I'm wrong about you.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: KittieSecret
See my reasons in
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:12 am

Post by usesPython »

Are people really metaing 7 year old games?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:17 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 193, Aneninen wrote:
In post 160, Black wrote: Kittie I think you mentioned your partner plays here. Are you getting any coaching from them at all?
And where was that mentioned? In the Mafia PT?
In post 2526, Kittiesecret in Newbie Introductions wrote: Hai!

I'm Kitty!

I'm brand new, lured here by my partner. I'm reading a couple games to see what it's all about, and am looking forward to my first game and dipping my toes in for realz!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:26 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 193, Aneninen wrote: I didn't like Kittie's .
I can only see two excuses for not being involved with real reads. (1) It's too early and (2) You're a new player.
Can anyone tell me whether Kittie's playing in this way all the time?
Why is not having reads 24 hours into the game scum indicative?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:27 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 202, Gimli wrote: I don't know who to vote. I never scumread kittie, just tried to give her a warm welcome via naked voting and seeing what happened afterwards.
guess we're all not really into this game aorn, it's early, it's fine, I'll move my vote when I think I found something good
Kittie is a good place for your vote in my opinion... but I find her scummy, and you don't.
In post 204, usesPython wrote: Are people really metaing 7 year old games?
Since I was away for more than 5 years, what other options we have?

Python, . Oh. I see. To tell the truth, I didn't remember at all that such threads even existed.

Your next post: Not having reads is okay. But I strongly think she's overusing the "too early to have reads" phrase as an excuse for not having reads.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 am

Post by Black »

VIP what is your mafia experience like? You said you haven't played in 5 years but how experienced were you before you took a break?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

V1.2

Mosaic Naiade

In Greek and Roman mythology every river and stream had its Potamoi (a minor god). There were 3000 of them. And they had 3000 sisters, Okeanides (Oceanids), goddesses of small streams, clouds and rain. They oversaw all sources of the world's water. Their daughters were the Naiades, nymphs of springs and fountains.

TimmerRC (3):
Cometbright, Black, usesPython
usesPython (2):
Kittiesecret, Afrayed Knott
Kittiesecret (2):
Gimli, Aneninen
Afraid Knott (1):
TimmerRC

Not Voting (1):
DragonEater70

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:21 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 208, Black wrote: VIP what is your mafia experience like? You said you haven't played in 5 years but how experienced were you before you took a break?
I was erratic as shirt.
I had brilliant and horrible games, too.
Some of the most remarkable games I can remember: when I convinced the whole town that a player Nightkilled himself (I was SK), when I successfully Nightkilled the only conf-towm player (as TOWN Vig), when I intentionally made the most hostile ELo (LyLo) for myself, Nightkilling everyone else who was scumread by the townies and whined about it until I won (as scum), when I so blatantly overdid the "look how town I am" that I posted a terrible fake-claim and got hammered in one single page (as scum)...
With Aneninen in the game, everything is possible.

Also, Knott, I have some bad news for you. E.B.O.N.Y. was fully reconstructed 2 years ago. Even more secrets, even more meta and the highest level is above 80 now... ^_^
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:25 am

Post by Aneninen »

Also, probably I'll have a hectic weekend so expect less activity from me. Not really V/LA, I'll try to drop by.
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Kittiesecret »

ho'kay so... here it goes...

Good morning!

In post 193, Aneninen wrote: I didn't like Kittie's 157.
I can only see two excuses for not being involved with real reads.
(1) It's too early and (2) You're a new player.
First, (1) yes it is and (2) yes I am, but those are well established at this point (even if its "too early").
Second, What don't you like? Quoting posts? Or was it just the order in which I quoted them? Which seems trivial to pick at, I'm just providing context or evidence if you will for my thought process on my reads of the 2 players I felt were on the top of my sus list. I'm sorry that my reads aren't real enough for you. I'll try to do better.
In post 193, Aneninen wrote: Also, I can't see Gimli trying to make us believe that he's town.
Apart from the post where he ligit says "I'm town"??? then when he tries to townlock??? *shrugs*
In post 193, Aneninen wrote: Plus, "A perfect example for posting something without posting anything." was not a compliment from me. That's something I usually find scummy.
Don't worry, I didn't take it as a compliment. Just a pure statement of fact, thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Since we are all just vomiting our thoughts, my perceptions may be shifting even though its
early
, VIP you seem very concerned with casting doubt on other players rn ...
In post 193, Aneninen wrote: finally 53 only to "Hi" back to Gimli? How does this add up?

This was purely being friendly. I also shot a "hi" over to Dragon, is that scummy also?
In post 161, Kittiesecret wrote: My partner plays casually but not here.
To add clarification to this, my partner plays else where with an experienced group. When I showed interest in wanting to play too, he directed me to this site because they have space for newbs to learn the ropes instead of jumping in cold to a game with a bunch of players who all know each other... which it seems I wasn't able to avoid. :P
Always watching
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Cometbright »

I’m crammed into a car on a long road trip so responses will be limited I’m afraid :(

Will probably not be around at all tomorrow but should be around Sunday as a heads up.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 186, DragonEater70 wrote: @Comet could you please answer this?
In post 158, DragonEater70 wrote: One last post before I sleep:
@Comet, does Kittie give you IcetFeelsPain vibes?
Browsing forums is awkward on phone so going off pure memory alone, maybe a few similarities courtesy of being newbies but IceT outright scum slipped pretty early and was fairly neutral/people pleasing whereas Kittie has felt a bit more bristly.

In regards to Kittie the thing throwing me off with her is the noncommittal “Maybe, we’ll see.” Answer she gave to a pretty simple “Was this vote a serious vote?” question cause it feels like weeeeeird I dunno why you wouldn’t just answer straight… though I can see the angle of it being jokey even if that explanation has me wrinkling my nose a bit.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Cometbright »

Anen #193,

Frankly it partly comes down to me wanting her to be town and manifesting it. Our readlists were pretty similar so our thought processes are aligned, I haven’t seen her post anything objectionable, she joins my votes, defends me, sure there’s an argument that it’s pocketing but like I said before I’ll feel more confident sorting her as the game goes on so I’m down to slap an early townread on her and shift focus to others.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Cometbright »

Phone posting while stuck in a car is pain, any further questions/posts can wait till I’m at our destination unless you want responses in interpretative emoji hieroglyphics.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:22 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

time to catch up on the last (4? 5? maybe 6 pages?) fully. I will do it out of sequence though because I can. @Black please don't scumread me for pulling a Vox though.
In post 169, usesPython wrote: What if there was major mod error and everyone is town
I vibe with this because I also had a similar thought that nobody is overtly scummy this game.
So Python can have a town cookie.

(Or if you don't mind me asking, the individual headmate (I think that's the word?) that wrote this can get a cookie. Hope this is not offensive because I have literally zero idea how to talk with plurals).
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

I'm glad to see the game has slowed down a bit, I'm struggling to sort it out. @Dragon, how did your catch up go, it sounded like there would be thoughts, yet there are no thoughts.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:00 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Kittie.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to answer everything you posted thoroughly (will do so if needed), but I'm telling you what my problem is. I can see too easily a scum mindest behind your posts. Something like "Ugh, I drew scum. What to do now? Maybe I could have a nice style and try hard to look town and I could get away with that."
I may be wrong, especially if I think about my very first game here. (No surprise that I was terrible. I raged out early and accused the more experienced players that they simply wanted to remove the newbies because they drew scum - while the actual scum had to do nothing but grab some chips and popcorn.)
But you're still my top scumread right now.

You may be right that my reasons are shallow, but in this game phase it's rare that there are "deep" reasons. Maybe it matches your "too early" mindset, but a "too early" mindset doesn't make the game moving.

Comet, - if someone defends me for no reason is an Auto-FoS for me, but whatever.

Dragon, and maybe everyone - you're the 3rd or 4th players with too-few-to-no scumreads. Is it only my mindset that has a different threshold on the concept "summy"?

Nevertheless, not much happened, as far as I can see.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:59 am

Post by Black »

I'm going to be a bit busy this weekend, just a heads up
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:28 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 219, Aneninen wrote: Dragon, and maybe everyone - you're the 3rd or 4th players with too-few-to-no scumreads. Is it only my mindset that has a different threshold on the concept "summy"?
We have a pretty low threshold day 1 where the only thing people need to do is give off a single townvibe, if everyone in the playerlist does that then we just sheep a strong townread that has OpinionsTM
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:38 am

Post by usesPython »

Scumhunting wise though I don't think anyone's given off a strong "This dude scum fr fr" vibe yet

Dragon/Gimli/Kittie/Python in the townpool

Comet/VIP get a pass

Black's good enough at scum that we're not catching her d1

Knott's the hard to read aggro type player that can get away with a lot as scum but that's not really scum indicative

Tim isn't really giving off townvibes but that could be due to my eyes glazing over when I see wallposts with no quotes
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:24 am

Post by Black »

In post 222, usesPython wrote: Scumhunting wise though I don't think anyone's given off a strong "This dude scum fr fr" vibe yet

Dragon/Gimli/Kittie/Python in the townpool

Comet/VIP get a pass

Black's good enough at scum that we're not catching her d1

Knott's the hard to read aggro type player that can get away with a lot as scum but that's not really scum indicative

Tim isn't really giving off townvibes but that could be due to my eyes glazing over when I see wallposts with no quotes
This feels like my reads list put into words

Regarding VIP, I'm more wary here after he talked about his experience level. I was putting him in the same category as Kittie because I thought they were both fairly new players with the off the wall reads, but I don't think I'm willing to give VIP the same pass as Kittie anymore
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 am