UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:28 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I feel like you saw an easy avenue and you took it. :]
It's either very surface level townplay, which is obviously all fine and dandy this early on D1...or it's scum trying to make at least a somewhat justified serious vote.
With the added benefit of White knighting (I think that might be the right game-term?) and potentially slightly pocketing Boon at the same time.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:31 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 42, jjh927 wrote:
In post 20, Flavor Leaf wrote: Oh yeah, Una distracted me from my initial first post

I claim Miller

Do you not think miller would have positive utilty for you in a game called "the mafia have a cop"
VOTE: Flavor Leaf
This is where my sums add up to
VOTE: jjh
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:31 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Like if it's 50/50 scum trying to play or town trying to do something reasonable, I just lean scum this time.
Hence, guts.

..and in case anyone is wondering - no I did not miss the irony there.
I was making a very similar vote on Hu Tao, with a very flimsy reasoning as well. :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:32 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Hey, I remember gera too from some mutual games!
I missed your name in the initial list, but recognized it now with that avatar. :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:09 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 53, UnaBombaH wrote: Hey, I remember gera too from some mutual games!
I missed your name in the initial list, but recognized it now with that avatar. :lol:
I've had that avatar since 2006. Mr consistent
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:23 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 54, geraintm wrote:
In post 53, UnaBombaH wrote: Hey, I remember gera too from some mutual games!
I've had that avatar since 2006. Mr consistent
Respect.

You really think scum!jjh927 made a silly mistake with their approach towards Flavors claim, or was it just the only voteworthy thing so far to you?
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:39 am

Post by marcistar »

I dont think what jjh said is scummy but tbh i dont even understand it
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Over the heads, Roden :lol:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 44, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 20, Flavor Leaf wrote: Oh yeah, Una distracted me from my initial first post

I claim Miller
Scum post. He said he would never claim Miller as Miller again after that one game
In post 46, Hu Tao wrote:

I claim Miller

Do you not think miller would have positive utilty for you in a game called "the mafia have a cop"
I think this is a poor reason to vote flavor.

:igmeou:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 51, geraintm wrote:

I claim Miller

What are you saying?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Mafia could have a Traitor this game to warrant the Cop. I can’t really think of any other reason the Cop knowledge would be there.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

There's a lot of potential reasons but speculating about them would be counterproductive and distracting
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:14 am

Post by jjh927 »

That being said, like I posited earlier- why claim miller if the only theory you can come up with is a traitor? Do you not consider yourself a priority target for a scum cop to check?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:26 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 56, marcistar wrote: I dont think what jjh said is scummy but tbh i dont even understand it
Just to pop over to the side for a second since I'm very much going to be focusing on Flavor Leaf for a little bit, the logic is essentially that in a game where it is known that the mafia have a cop, it is likely that the mafia will use that cop to try and find a traitor.
The existence of a miller in a setup with a mafia cop could result in some very very funny shenanigans where the mafia believe they have found a traitor when they have in fact found a miller
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 62, jjh927 wrote: That being said, like I posited earlier- why claim miller if the only theory you can come up with is a traitor? Do you not consider yourself a priority target for a scum cop to check?
In post 63, jjh927 wrote:
In post 56, marcistar wrote: I dont think what jjh said is scummy but tbh i dont even understand it
Just to pop over to the side for a second since I'm very much going to be focusing on Flavor Leaf for a little bit, the logic is essentially that in a game where it is known that the mafia have a cop, it is likely that the mafia will use that cop to try and find a traitor.
The existence of a miller in a setup with a mafia cop could result in some very very funny shenanigans where the mafia believe they have found a traitor when they have in fact found a miller
I am actually in agreement with JJh here.

Flavor, did you think about there being a traitor in this game before you claimed miller?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Sounds like you need to check that link i posted
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 64, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 62, jjh927 wrote: That being said, like I posited earlier- why claim miller if the only theory you can come up with is a traitor? Do you not consider yourself a priority target for a scum cop to check?

Flavor, did you think about there being a traitor in this game before you claimed miller?
Nope.

I put like 3% thought into the Miller claim.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:43 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 59, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 51, geraintm wrote:

I claim Miller

What are you saying?
20, plus 22 = 42
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:44 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 66, Flavor Leaf wrote:

Nope.

You are a better player than me, but after reading the other posts on why there is a miller in the game I think you should have known better than to make that claim as town.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Alisae »

V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Gamma Emerald (3)
Roden, marcistar, Xegarus
Flavor Leaf (2)
JacksonVirgo, jjh927
jjh926 (2)
Hu Tao, geraintm
UnaBombaH (1)
Gamma Emerald
marcistar (1)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew (1)
The Bulge
Hu Tao (1)
UnaBombaH
NOT VOTING:
Flavor Leaf, Nono
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to flip!
Deadline: (expired on 2023-10-20 19:33:00)
Notes:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 68, geraintm wrote:
In post 66, Flavor Leaf wrote:

Nope.

You are a better player than me, but after reading the other posts on why there is a miller in the game I think you should have known better than to make that claim as town.
I think you think I care much about mech.

Since it’s going over people’s heads, and they ain’t clicking the link, I’ll explain.

I joke claimed Miller based on a recent game, with players in this game and our mod, I claimed Miller first post.

This somehow got pushed as being a scummy thing to do, when I’ve been under the impression that’s what you’re supposed to do as Miller.

That said, I stated I would never true claim Miller as Miller ever again.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:48 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 65, Flavor Leaf wrote:
If I acknowledge that then we don't get to ride this train out of RVS

PEdit: Okay, you've made the train leave
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, the logic y’all trying to push is a town misplay but it’s being shifted like a scummy thing.

What benefit does a scum member have to claim Miller in the scenario y’all poking?

If they are looking for a Traitor, then scum claiming Miller makes no sense as group scum or Traitor scum.

If Traitor scum claims Miller, scum isn’t going to target them, and might end up thinking they’re actually Miller.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 71, jjh927 wrote:
In post 65, Flavor Leaf wrote:
If I acknowledge that then we don't get to ride this train out of RVS

PEdit: Okay, you've made the train leave
It’s the Flavor Special.

Somehow, I don’t ever vote in RVS, and I always end up being a crux that pivots the game
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:51 am

Post by jjh927 »

See, that's actually good logic which I really would have liked to see come from someone other than you

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”