Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Aneninen »

Dragon, let me try to tel you once more what my problem is.
In post 340, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 336, usesPython wrote: Probably at least one of VIP/Tim/Knott
I'm down for Tim I guess

I feel Knott is like obvious LHF townie, and I feel limming him would be like the worst compromise lim to ever happen in the history of compromise lims.

Another option is do a sort of hero lim (like hero vig)? And then basically go for Black for the lolz and see what happens once she gets to E-1. I dunno if it's a good idea, but I don't think I have any good idea tbh.
(1) You ask Python about their scumlist. They give 3 names.
(2) You name one of them.
(3) Then you start a new wagon.
For me, it looks like a scum trying to launch a wagon because the current ones are not moving. Pushing me further or returning to Timmer would have made more sense.

In post 361, Black wrote: Gimli voted in his PoE and it felt more natural. DE70 townread VIP and was pushing Kittie but then moved to VIP anyway. Jumping on the mobile wagon felt opportunistic
That.

In post 369, Cometbright wrote: It's come up twice now - what's the context/meaning of something being a hero lim (hero vig?) - is this a new lingo term I'm out of the times with?
Yes, what's that? I thought it was only me who didn't know the "Hero Lim" expression.

In post 370, DragonEater70 wrote: Was trying to bait some reactions with everything I did (including the vote on you). This clearly didn't do anything.

In post 371, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 363, Black wrote: This note feels weird. I'm at e-4...
I was thinking people would jump on the wagon but I forgot this is a newbie game and not a game on the theme queue where people randomly just jump on wagons for no reason.
And launching a wagon so that people jump on it randomly without any reason is pro-town, because ...............?

In post 374, usesPython wrote: It's when you lim/shoot a widely townread person and it's called that because everyone who makes a hero shot is a hero and will be treated as such by the rest of the community
Thanks for the explanation.
It doesn't make Dragon's post (see above) better.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 373, Cometbright wrote: Oh, was this the reason/secret?
Yeah
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:24 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 375, Aneninen wrote: Dragon, let me try to tel you once more what my problem is.
VIP, let me tell you what's my problem.
In post 375, Aneninen wrote: (1) You ask Python about their scumlist. They give 3 names.
For me, it looks like a scum trying to launch a wagon because the current ones are not moving. Pushing me further or returning to Timmer would have made more sense.
(1) You describe what I did.
(2) You ignore context.
(3) You say this looks like scum trying to launch a new wagon, without actually explaining why this looks that way.
(4) You ignore the fact that scum don't "try to launch wagons because the current ones are not moving".
For me, it looks like a player who doesn't really understand what scum are trying to do and therefore finds the wrong things to be "scummy".
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Like there's zero critical thinking involved. Can you actually explain me why you think:
(a) That scum!me would rather "launch a launch a wagon because the current ones are not moving" over just let them not move?
(b) That scum!me, but not town!me, would prefer to ignore the options given by Python?
(c) That any of this makes any sense?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Aneninen »

Tomorrow, okay?
It's 22:30 here, I really need to sleep now.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:36 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 375, Aneninen wrote: And launching a wagon so that people jump on it randomly without any reason is pro-town, because ...............?
Because right now multiple people have expressed that
"I have no scumreads"
or
"This game is dead"
or
"What do we do now?"
or
"This seems like a game state where the scum can just not do anything and we'll end up voting a townie"

And I was trying to spice things up so people have to DO something. If there's a E-2 wagon or even E-1 wagon, people have to react to it in some way. Or they can deliberately not react, but this is in itself a type of reaction. Anyway, the best games I've played were games in which a lot of different people got run up to E-2/E-1 before town settled on the final lim for the day. Games where there's just one person slowly accumulating votes, or all types of dispersed votes, tend to end in a mislim that doesn't lead to any improvement in the following days.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:36 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 379, Aneninen wrote: Tomorrow, okay?
It's 22:30 here, I really need to sleep now.
Sure

Also I'm in the same timezone apparently, cool.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

That was intense, can someone explain the purpose of feigning a elim?
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 382, TimmerRC wrote: That was intense, can someone explain the purpose of feigning a elim?
To see how the people that fall for it react to it and also to see what the people that noticed it wasn't a real hammer do and also to see who noticed in the first place
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Timmer:
1. Do you think Python feigning a hammer says anything about their alignment?
2. Do you think me trolling with votes says anything about my alignment?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:12 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Back, will read later. Have a busy day at work
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:58 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 377, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 375, Aneninen wrote: Dragon, let me try to tel you once more what my problem is.
VIP, let me tell you what's my problem.
In post 375, Aneninen wrote: (1) You ask Python about their scumlist. They give 3 names.
(1) You describe what I did.
(2) You ignore context.
(3) You say this looks like scum trying to launch a new wagon, without actually explaining why this looks that way.
(4) You ignore the fact that scum don't "try to launch wagons because the current ones are not moving".
For me, it looks like a player who doesn't really understand what scum are trying to do and therefore finds the wrong things to be "scummy".
(1) I'm glad that at least we can agree in this point.
(2) I even explained that the context was my problem.
(3) I strongly think you've been trying to build wagons, drive them to E-1 and pull out claims from townies. It was a widely known tactic scum did for rolefishing the town. And I don't think it's not happening anymore - I remember how well it could work.
(4) I think quite the opposite.

But okay.
EVERYONE: If I'm wrong in (3) and (4) because the game's not working so anymore, tell me.

In post 378, DragonEater70 wrote: Like there's zero critical thinking involved. Can you actually explain me why you think:
(a) That scum!me would rather "launch a launch a wagon because the current ones are not moving" over just let them not move?
(b) That scum!me, but not town!me, would prefer to ignore the options given by Python?
(c) That any of this makes any sense?
(a) Why would it be scummier to let wagons not moving (assuming they're on townies) than launching a new one and hoping it gains momentum?
(b) Among their options there were players scumread by you, weren't there?
But again, my question is right above.
In post 380, DragonEater70 wrote: And I was trying to spice things up so people have to DO something. If there's a E-2 wagon or even E-1 wagon, people have to react to it in some way. Or they can deliberately not react, but this is in itself a type of reaction. Anyway, the best games I've played were games in which a lot of different people got run up to E-2/E-1 before town settled on the final lim for the day. Games where there's just one person slowly accumulating votes, or all types of dispersed votes, tend to end in a mislim that doesn't lead to any improvement in the following days.
Is it really working that way nowadays? :-O

Still, there's one thing that disturbs me.
Python's "trollhammer" gave a lot of momentum to this game. Why do you think it was a good timing to do as you described? Especially since there are still players who's given zero reaction on my wagon or the "trollhammer". (Why is it called "meme" anyway?)
In post 381, DragonEater70 wrote: Also I'm in the same timezone apparently, cool.
Cool indeed. There were few players from Europe and I don't think it's changed a lot.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

V1.5

A Mezoamerican depiction of Yucatan's Luxo'ob (Alux).

In Mayan mythology, luxo'ob are fairy-like creatures described as only about knee-high who dress in traditional Mayan garb. Luxo'ob are usually invisible but can assume physical form to communicate with (and/or frighten) humans, and to congregate in groups. They live in forests, caves, stones, and fields. And, they can be also be enticed to move somewhere specific, like a farmer's field, with offerings, especially a tiny house just for them. They like to play tricks on humans.

DragonEater70 (3):
Aneninen, DragonEater70, Cometbright
usesPython (2):
Kittiesecret, Afrayed Knott
Aneninen (2):
Black, usesPython
Afraid Knott (1):
TimmerRC

Not Voting (1):
Gimli

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Right, just finished reading, and its a lot to take in. I will get to individual posts where I have a comment shortly.

In my post I stated to Timmer that

In post 190, Afrayed Knott wrote: I'm not comfortable with Kittie right now, or you to be honest, and Comet

I also stated

In post 190, Afrayed Knott wrote: And VIP I think is town. even with my attacks on him. also in my town drawer are Black and Dragon

Based on what I am reading now my thoughts haven’t changed much, with one exception. I like DE’s post at , and . I continued to feel a town vibe on VIP until I read . He states in that post, no actually drips with self gratification

In post 210, Aneninen wrote: Nightkilling everyone else who was scumread by the townies and whined about it until I won (as scum),when I so blatantly overdid the "look how town I am"

Made me rethink tbf, my thought was, ok do we trust him?

I read the whole fake hammer section of the weekend posts and how the attention turn to Gimli after his reaction. My thought immediately on reading his post was that was false and maybe a little too over reactive.

So for me the initial feel towards Timmer, Kittie and Comet remains in place, and I am not fully convinced by my town read on VIP. The feeling towards Timmer and Kittie is more to do with their scant content, but Commet is not floating my boat. I just don’t get a good vibe from the posts.

Gimli was really null until that reaction to the faked Hammer but not sure on that at all.
I still like Black and Dragon as Town, and now that I have read back I feel Python is adding more to the game.

I know Python you asked me here
In post 201, usesPython wrote:
In post 192, Afrayed Knott wrote: VOTE: usesPython
I keep reading filler imo
I just double-checked our posts, I disagree. Can you go more into this?

And my initial response would have been “ I will read through what's gone on over the weekend and if it needs me to, I will get back to you on this. I will also reread your ISO to see why I thought that.” But I have done that and yeah, I was not correct.

UNVOTE:
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 203, Aneninen wrote:
In post 198, Afrayed Knott wrote: having carried out a search - we have played in quiet a few games together

Open 627 and Open 724
Project ELO
The Road to Rome

viewtopic.php?t=65188&hilit=smudger+Aneninen
viewtopic.php?t=65370&hilit=smudger+Aneninen
viewtopic.php?t=65184&hilit=smudger+Aneninen&start=25 This is the scum day chat - you are scum and NK me
Checked.
In Mexican Standoff, your posting style was entirely different. But you replaced out.
In the Newbie, it was somewhat similar to this game, but you were more interrogative and less defensive. However, in that game I was scum so it may be only in my mind.
Most importantly, your gameplay may have changed a lot since then.

That doesn't convince me that you're town, but okay, let's assume for a short while that I'm wrong about you.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: KittieSecret
See my reasons in
Ok, but this is only my second game back, and like you after a 5 year break or so, So I can’t see my style changing that much, Still trying to find a rhythm.

So do you find that your style has changed after your break?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 219, Aneninen wrote: "Ugh, I drew scum. What to do now? Maybe I could have a nice style and try hard to look town and I could get away with that."
that about describes 90% of those unfortunates who pull the scum card.
In post 229, DragonEater70 wrote: Do you mainly play in the morning? Because I would assume that if you play in the evening I (UTC+2) and Comet (UTC+1 IIRC) would also be awake, at least
Yes, if work is slow
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 230, DragonEater70 wrote: Who is the scum into whose hands are you playing? I didn't fully understand this
Whoever scum are. My point is, I'm too busy yelling at people and defending myself, which makes me scummy in peoples mind, or that is how I see it. So at this moment in time I thought, stop being a prick as scum will just coast on you and your lim'd D1. that was my thought.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 267, Cometbright wrote: Limpool-wise... right now I've got Timmer, Kittie and Knott. I can potentially be okay with a VIP vote? My hesitation is because his playstyle seems to be based on 2014 days and rather than it being scummy it might just be... how forum mafia was played back then.
In post 305, Cometbright wrote: Python, Black, Dragon, Gimli makes 4.
What did I do to fall off your list… between these two posts. I haven’t posted in all until now. Or are you completing someone else’s list?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 267, Cometbright wrote: Limpool-wise... right now I've got Timmer, Kittie and Knott. I can potentially be okay with a VIP vote? My hesitation is because his playstyle seems to be based on 2014 days and rather than it being scummy it might just be... how forum mafia was played back then.
What did I do to fall off your list… between these two posts. I haven’t posted in all until now. Or are you completing someone else’s list?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Sorry double post... Meh
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

The more I read the more the only clear choice for me is one of Kittie, Timmer or Comet. Where to place my vote becomes an issue for me and it seemed to be an issue for VIP for sometime also. I'm still in two minds on this. he does talk a good talk, like a few others here. in fact Comet Dragon and VIP seem to very good at long posts extolling how the game should be played or how scum or town does this or that. I have read them and find some of the posts very interesting. In Dragons posts I noted the following comment to myself "lots of content and some questions but I don't see them pushing anyone or being helpful". And then I still get a good vibe. VIP has been doing the same thing but he has changed in his content as the game has progressed, he seems to be under pressure, why? Not sure. But then is he trying to swing us in his towniness or is it all a bluff and part of his self proclaimed brilliance at faking town when scum. So based on that:

VOTE: VIP
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 388, Afrayed Knott wrote: Based on what I am reading now my thoughts haven’t changed much, with one exception. I like DE’s post at , and . I continued to feel a town vibe on VIP until I read . He states in that post, no actually drips with self gratification
In post 210, Aneninen wrote: Nightkilling everyone else who was scumread by the townies and whined about it until I won (as scum),when I so blatantly overdid the "look how town I am"
Made me rethink tbf, my thought was, ok do we trust him?
I don't even trust myself ^_^

Joke aside, I was asked to talk about my experience, so I talked about some of my best and worst gameplays. By the way, I don't think I was self-gratificating, my original post was this:
In post 210, Aneninen wrote: I was erratic as shirt.
I had brilliant and horrible games, too.
Some of the most remarkable games I can remember: when I convinced the whole town that a player Nightkilled himself (I was SK), when I successfully Nightkilled the only conf-towm player (as TOWN Vig), when I intentionally made the most hostile ELo (LyLo) for myself, Nightkilling everyone else who was scumread by the townies and whined about it until I won (as scum), when I so blatantly overdid the "look how town I am" that I posted a terrible fake-claim and got hammered in one single page (as scum)...
With Aneninen in the game, everything is possible.
I guess you simply ended my quote at a wrong point, which is pretty much NAI, on the other hand.

In post 388, Afrayed Knott wrote: I read the whole fake hammer section of the weekend posts and how the attention turn to Gimli after his reaction. My thought immediately on reading his post was that was false and maybe a little too over reactive.
And what do you think about his unvote?

In post 389, Afrayed Knott wrote: Ok, but this is only my second game back, and like you after a 5 year break or so, So I can’t see my style changing that much, Still trying to find a rhythm.
So do you find that your style has changed after your break?
I don't know whether my style has changed. The GAME, as I can see, has changed a lot. Which means, my gameplay is most probably outdated.
I have no idea about your gameplay change, either. In , I summarized my thoughts:
In post 203, Aneninen wrote: In Mexican Standoff, your posting style was entirely different. But you replaced out.
In the Newbie, it was somewhat similar to this game, but you were more interrogative and less defensive. However, in that game I was scum so it may be only in my mind.
Here I can see a gameplay different to those. But, regardless of any changes in your style, that's, in itself, NAI. In both of those games you were town. In the one you didn't replace out, I was scum, and I remember interpreting players differently depending on my alignment.
In post 392, Afrayed Knott wrote:
Hmmmm... I didn't notice that but interesting.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:31 am

Post by Aneninen »

Oh. New post.
In post 395, Afrayed Knott wrote: The more I read the more the only clear choice for me is one of Kittie, Timmer or Comet. Where to place my vote becomes an issue for me and it seemed to be an issue for VIP for sometime also. I'm still in two minds on this. he does talk a good talk, like a few others here. in fact Comet Dragon and VIP seem to very good at long posts extolling how the game should be played or how scum or town does this or that. I have read them and find some of the posts very interesting. In Dragons posts I noted the following comment to myself "lots of content and some questions but I don't see them pushing anyone or being helpful". And then I still get a good vibe. VIP has been doing the same thing but he has changed in his content as the game has progressed, he seems to be under pressure, why? Not sure. But then is he trying to swing us in his towniness or is it all a bluff and part of his self proclaimed brilliance at faking town when scum. So based on that:

VOTE: VIP
Just two things.
(1) Am I representing you right if I represent your "clear choice" pool Kittie, Timmer or Comet as a Lim-pool?
(2) Are you aware of the fact that you misquoted me by mistake and there were just as much terrible gameplay examples in my original post (See my previous post about it).
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Aneninen »

*"Am I representing you right if I interpret your..."
Sorry, I was paying attention to something else meanwhile
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 392, Afrayed Knott wrote: What did I do to fall off your list… between these two posts. I haven’t posted in all until now. Or are you completing someone else’s list?
...? What? When did you fall of my list?

Python, Black, Dragon and Gimli were the people who voted for Anen/VIP during the fake hammer.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”